Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Something interesting in Teresa's generation with AB

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something interesting in Teresa's generation with AB

Quote Originally Posted by rcfalcon View Post
    I sort of hate to bring this up, but, couldn't the inspiriation from this come from "The Empire Striked Back" where Luke fights Darth Vader in the cave and gets decapitated symbolically? Luke didn't actually die and neither apparently did Clare in her encounter with Rafaela. Maybe that was to teach Clare something? The parallels is there but I may be stretching it a bit.
    You know.. That was a very good analogy.

I think we are also overlooking the possibility of two mind inside the "Statue" when it was first found instead of just Rafaela's. My understanding is that both Rafaela and Luciela's consciousness could be found mixed togather, depending if Luciela really did died or not.
    Last edited by Khorr; April 18, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's been pretty well established that Luciella died and then Rafaela poured her life essence into Luciela's corpse resulting in the merged bodies. Rafaela even remarked to Clare that the whole thing would have faded away had not Riful forced Renee to probe it with her yoki sensing abitily.
    Maybe the third entity is the mixture of Rafaela and Luciela but I still think it's the part of Teresa from Clare. We'll find out soon enough I hope.
    Last edited by rcfalcon; April 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's difficult to tell with Clare. She has the flesh of two past warriors. Although the Organization used Teresa's flesh to create her, she also wields Irene's arm. I don't think the spirit of either individual will manifest themselves in the youki blob. However, traces of their individual youki may surface for others to recognize.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what is interesting, Irene has manifested herself physically in Clare:

we see that Clare's "Irene's" right side, is very different from Clare's own left side in her Partial Awakening.

now, this is a physical manifestation (like Luciela's Awakened body manifesting itself in the Hellcats and Infected Hosts), so it doesn't say anything towards a mind/mental/conscious/sub-conscious/psychological/soul/spirit manifestation however, though it does make it seem more possible, along with the mental stuff we've seen with Rafaela+Clare+Destroyer and with Raftela's Yoki Manipulation of the mind and whatever is going on with Clare's "wedge" as well.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the battle between Clare (Blob) vs Priscilla (Inside Blob) is going to be mental instead of physical. If i'm guessing right, Priscilla will lose and Clare will be reborn with new power from the blob to face new and more powerful danger ahead.

10. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7133 View Post
    I'm sure the battle between Clare (Blob) vs Priscilla (Inside Blob) is going to be mental instead of physical. If i'm guessing right, Priscilla will lose and Clare will be reborn with new power from the blob to face new and more powerful danger ahead.
    In a way, I hope you're right because I love Clare's character. On the other hand, if this turns out to be true, it will fall into the realm of stories like DBZ and Bleach where the protagonist just keeps leveling up to fight stronger bosses in a never ending soap opera. I gave up on both of those since the story line just repeated and repeated with different threats.
    I'd hate to see Claymore descend into that mundane abyss. I'd loose interest really fast unless the plot device was very clever.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

In a way, I hope you're right because I love Clare's character. On the other hand, if this turns out to be true, it will fall into the realm of stories like DBZ and Bleach where the protagonist just keeps leveling up to fight stronger bosses in a never ending soap opera. I gave up on both of those since the story line just repeated and repeated with different threats.
    I'd hate to see Claymore descend into that mundane abyss. I'd loose interest really fast unless the plot device was very clever.
    Yeah I hope it wont be something like in bleach...*omg* Yeah I dont mind Priscilla and Clare getting out of that thing and just starting fighting normally... Btw I was wondering for a while why wouldnt Priscilla bcome like a dweller of deep shes powerful enough right?

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla is more powerful than a "Dweller of the Deep" (Abyssal One).

Rank S (S for Super) Claymore (Priscilla) -> Awakens -> Super Abyssal One (SAO)
    rank 1 Claymore -> Awakens -> Dweller of the Deep = Abyssal One (AO)
    rank 2-47 Claymore -> Awakens -> Awakened Being (AB)

16. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's kind of hard to have a physical fight between Priscilla and Clare since we already know who is stronger in physical. There is no way Clare can win just by seeing Priscilla regeneration and Power to blow up AO's with one hand. Just look at Esley, half of his body was destroy with a one hand blast from Priscilla.

I'm sure this why Yagi decided to cocoon both of them in the blob so it will be a mental battle instead of a physical.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good_boy:

In essence, Clare has already "powered up." She not only wields Irene's Quicksword but has also mastered Flora's Windcutter. Since her introduction, we clearly see the evolution of the frail individual into the formidable warrior.

I think what made Claymore unique (I may error in this assumption since I have not ready any other mangas) is its dramatization and its compelling emotional effect. Yagi will bring you up to the height of happiness (Raki saving Clare in the Rabona cathedral) and then will plunge you into the depth of despair (Teresa's death / Jean's death).

Even in the later chapters as the AF/AE defeat Isley, Yagi gives us that wonderful narration Isley short time in Raki's presence. In my opinion, Raki did exactly what Clare did for Theresa. He gave Isley a sense of humanity and belonging that he had not experienced for a very long time.

Sure, Claymore is a physically engaging story and dying is part of the story. However, death isn't meaningless in Claymore. It emphasizes the importance of human companionship and affection. Also, if you examine the main characters, I will wager that all of us can relate to the emotions/desires/troubles that they express.

I'm probably on Mars on this one, but its themes mirror those expressed in Neil Gaiman's Death series (High Cost of Living & The Time of Your Life). HCoL was the last graphic medium that I read (when it was originally released) before getting hooked onto Claymore.

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

20. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted lawlett-kun's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    good_boy:

In essence, Clare has already "powered up." She not only wields Irene's Quicksword but has also mastered Flora's Windcutter. Since her introduction, we clearly see the evolution of the frail individual into the formidable warrior.

I think what made Claymore unique (I may error in this assumption since I have not ready any other mangas) is its dramatization and its compelling emotional effect. Yagi will bring you up to the height of happiness (Raki saving Clare in the Rabona cathedral) and then will plunge you into the depth of despair (Teresa's death / Jean's death).

Even in the later chapters as the AF/AE defeat Isley, Yagi gives us that wonderful narration Isley short time in Raki's presence. In my opinion, Raki did exactly what Clare did for Theresa. He gave Isley a sense of humanity and belonging that he had not experienced for a very long time.

Sure, Claymore is a physically engaging story and dying is part of the story. However, death isn't meaningless in Claymore. It emphasizes the importance of human companionship and affection. Also, if you examine the main characters, I will wager that all of us can relate to the emotions/desires/troubles that they express.

I'm probably on Mars on this one, but its themes mirror those expressed in Neil Gaiman's Death series (High Cost of Living & The Time of Your Life). HCoL was the last graphic medium that I read (when it was originally released) before getting hooked onto Claymore.

ws
    I do realize completely what you are saying, I completely agree that Clare had already enough of power ups with Irene's quicksword and Flora's windcutter however Clare still seems sooo far away from Priscilla and defeating priscilla is like her ultimate goal i suppose isnt it.I doubt Clare can defeat her with what she has now anyway

22. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by good_boy View Post
    I do realize completely what you are saying, I completely agree that Clare had already enough of power ups with Irene's quicksword and Flora's windcutter however Clare still seems sooo far away from Priscilla and defeating priscilla is like her ultimate goal i suppose isnt it.I doubt Clare can defeat her with what she has now anyway
    I'm sure that after defeating "Only my guess" Priscilla mentally, Clare will have a new goal and that is to revenge Priscilla and Every Claymore just like Miria. A common goal to destroy the Organization.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Clare already knows about what the Org is doing, she was there when Miria+the 5 other Ghosts vowed to destroy the Org, EXCEPT Clare doesn't really seem to care about the Organization... she just wants to DESTROY PRISCILLA and let's not forget, Clare was the first, only, and last to have gone to the Org herself, Clare chose the Org, chose to become a Claymore, chose to seek this "tainted power and group" to acquire the means to get her revenge on Priscilla.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But she also gave her allegiance to Miria and Co after Pieta so in this case, she's conflicted. Priscilla is indeed her first objective, after that, the plot becomes very murky between defeating the Org, finding Raki, and then what ever else comes along.
    Volunteering to be a Claymore was only to facilitate her revenge on Priscilla. I don't believe she holds any loyalty to the Org outside of that goal so her teaming with Miria makes sense.

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know if Clare really cares about what the Org is doing or in what thus happens to the humans.

Yes, Clare did stop her sword from taking off Raki's head (DAMMNIT! Clare you idiot, why'd you not decapitate him in ch 1 ??? !!!!! ARGH!!! J/K, hehe ), and she would probably protect humans and not kill them, but that's merely more simply because that's her role/duty as a Claymore, than really personally wanting to help/save/protect humans herself.

The manga/Galatea did say how Clare was bothered when Miria told her that all this nightmare and problems, could be the Org's doing... and that the Claymores->Awakeneds were just a "bio-weapons research and development" project.

I just personally see Clare caring more about the Claymores than humans, as she really has no allegience or bonds left to the humans and the human world:

Teresa to Clare: ~"Live as a human, live with humans, and die a human. That must be the greatest happiness"... (my own -Teresa's- understanding and yearning of/for happiness)

Clare stripping off her clothes in front of the Rokut townsfolk to Teresa, crying/screaming: NO!!!.. ~"I don't want nice shoes! I don't want nice clothes! [I don't want to be a human!] I just want to be with TERESA FOREVER!"
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; April 28, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

30. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast