Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSD Kenichi - Anime

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

HSD Kenichi - Anime

Well,

the great manga has it´s own section, why we don´t give them a thread about the anime of that manga ?^^

The Anime of HSDK has 52 Episodes and covered it from the beginning of the story to the confrontation against the top members of Ragnarok.

Differences between the manga and anime

Overall

Spoiler show

In Tatakae!! Ryōzanpaku
    Spoiler show

My Opinion about the Anime:
    Before I´m watching an anime, I must read the manga-version of that anime. Because I don´t want to be disappointed, If I watching the anime first and then read the manga of that. I always was disappointed backward and thats why I mostly reading only mangas. But somethimes I also watch animes for AMV and so on.
    Anyway, after I finished read HSDK-Manga, I wanted to watch the Anime of that. After few episodes I dropped it, because of the differences between Anime and Manga and I don´t like it.

I hope, that the Anime will get a new Season, which is started from the beginning and more closely to the manga ( In Story ).

Gyues, what do you think about the Anime of HSDK ?

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - Anime

The Anime was in my opinion worth watching, although I feel the same and except for Neon Genesis Evangelion I've always read the Manga first. I would definitely appreciate a second season, but I guess the first season didn't meet the expectations.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case it's completly opposite....i always start with anime first(i watched Naruto,Bleach and OP, and then switched to manga)...and the only series i didnt finish before gettin to manga was Soul Eater(case...well cmon they messed it pretty much in anime).
    Consider HSDK anime series... i truly enjoyed them...good drawnings,nice OST,nice voices and for god damn no fillers,plus they ended it in the way of original,not some sht they make up to make story looks complete.
    p.s.
    *prayin for new anime season wich will last atleast till the end of tournament.....or even a regular weekly shounen like the one of "big three"*

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's fun to see all the fun stuff animated, I didn't really think much of the quality of fights. You know, when reading the manga and seeing those intense fights, you would expect the anime version to have some amazingly animated fights. But then again, I didn't watch every episode.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ENDER3000's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

well part one fights were good but compared to the part 2 fights, they were very amateurish. i wish they'd animate part 2

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the anime was pretty good, and that it did the manga justice. The only thing that irked me in the beginning was Kenichi's voice, but I got used to it eventually.

I'd love to see this get animated up to, say, the completion of the D of D tournament? There's tons more animators can work with though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The anime was excellent (I haven't read the manga yet, so I can't thus compare the anime to it yet), and its fights (animation of them) were very good, but (most of) the fights themselves weren't that epic (until Berserker, Hermit, and Odin battles and when the masters fought too albiet brief and few lol, which were "near-epic"), but they were good, just not epic.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 24, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member misterchaos's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the manga i tought the fights in the anime would be a litlle different, but its okay, i love some of the voice actors like apachai's but there are ones that i really hate, for example the elder, i dont like his laugh at all, and finally takeda's seiyuu mnmmmmmmmm SUUUPEEERRRRER didnt expect that at all...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the anime, but it's too short. Though it's pretty good that here is no fillers. The only thing that I din't like was that they skipped pretty much as it was shown in the opening post, so it might have been not 50, but about 70-80 episodes.
    It would be actually great to see the second season.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

very depressing.....this anime was great, and unlike other shounen titles, i just couldnt get in to the manga like i could the anime

i really wish they would finish this anime, perhaps they will do something once the manga is finished , and thus make a mostly FILLER FREE anime, that would be awesome, not sure if it will happen but we shall see i would LOVE to see some more kenichi anime

one day i will get around to reading the manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hunter Reborn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nwanime.com has the OVA of the show 1st episode looks great and i will wait and not spoil detains.
    My List Of Favorite Mangas:
    1. One Piece
    2. Hajime No Ippo
    3. Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    4. Hunter X Hunter
    5. Detective Conan
    6. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    7. Beelzebub

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

*bump* OVA 2 should have come out yesterday. waiting for raw sure can be hard, gotta come up with good ways to pass the time ..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

In some spoilers I read that the OVA 2 should have came out a week ago, well 5 days ago, but i've been looking for the OVA from heaven to hell, and I cant find anything :'( dunno if u there's a thread about the 2nd OVA but if someone has a link with the RAW plz post it!
    <b><font color=black>GO BIG</font></b>

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the anime it has good action nice flow of events and enjoyable entertainment. My only problem would be the horrible voice acting mainly Kenichi and Apachai.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i just watched the first OVA, and i will watch the second one soon

i really hope they continue to tell this story with OVA's or maybe even continue the anime regularly, this is one of my favorite anime's ever

its not often that you find an anime that is as good as the manga.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast