Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Hello forumers. I have grouped all of the Prince of Tennis and New Prince of Tennis moves and techs into different ranks. These are from BOTH ANIME AND MANGA. Please comment on any mistakes and if you think a move shouldn't be that rank just say it. I will take any opinion into account.

Note: At the moment, all ranks are ordered.

* The player cannot usually use the technique and certain requirements must be met to do so

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; July 26, 2014 at 10:30 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT and NPot Moves Tier List

Firstly, D and E Tier seem kinda useless, I'd suggest to remove them.

Now regarding the actual moves:
    -Why is In so high, it can seal one move which isn't very common anyway.
    -Yips should be higher, probably above/below or in between Hyakuren and Saiki.
    -Hecatoncheires no Monban should be highest of the counters, Hoshi Hanabi is stronger, granted, but also rather situational.
    -Laser Beam (Yagyuu) and Koori no Sekai should be higher.

I'm lazy and leave it at that for now.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Firstly, D and E Tier seem kinda useless, I'd suggest to remove them.

Now regarding the actual moves:
    -Why is In so high, it can seal one move which isn't very common anyway.
    -Yips should be higher, probably above/below or in between Hyakuren and Saiki.
    -Hecatoncheires no Monban should be highest of the counters, Hoshi Hanabi is stronger, granted, but also rather situational.
    -Laser Beam (Yagyuu) and Koori no Sekai should be higher.

I'm lazy and leave it at that for now.
    These are just groups. If you want me to order them its fine. Changes made to Laser Beam. Removed D and E. Can World of Ice defeat a lot of the moves in SS? I reckon Shadow is alright because I'm taking into account efficiency, effectiveness and difficulty.
    -Shadow is efficient because it doesn't sap away energy and can be pulled out at anytime.
    -It's effective because it can defeat high-level moves (not necessarily has to defeat a lot).
    -It's a difficult move which a lot of people can't do.

Rank SS ordered.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; January 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    These are just groups. If you want me to order them its fine. Changes made to Laser Beam. Removed D and E. Can World of Ice defeat a lot of the moves in SS?
    I wouldn't say it's necessarily good enough to be in SS, rather that certain other moves should drop to S, namely In, Hoshi Hanabi and Illusion.
    For In see below. Regarding Hoshi Hanabi, it can only be used after a cord ball, whereas Hecatoncheires can be used from any position. Furhtermore there probably wouldn't be many opponents that have just enough spin to make that cord ball happen after Heca. To make it short, Hoshi Hanabi is too situational to be in SS imo.
    Finally, Illusion. I think it stands to drop as we came to the conclusion that Niou doesn't really copy a player, but just pretends to do so, I'll elaborate when needed.

I reckon Shadow is alright because I'm taking into account efficiency, effectiveness and difficulty.
    -Shadow is efficient because it doesn't sap away energy and can be pulled out at anytime.
    -It's effective because it can defeat high-level moves (not necessarily has to defeat a lot).
    -It's a difficult move which a lot of people can't do.
    -looking only at the SS moves, only ZSD, ZSS, TPhantom and Rai lower the player's stamina enough to mention
    -it can defeat one high-level move, an extremly rare one at that
    -that shouldn't be a criteria imo; imagine a very complicated technique that actually doesn't do much though, with this criteria it'd get a boost but it's still bad; it's your list though, so do as you wish (and put the criteria into the OP)

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say it's necessarily good enough to be in SS, rather that certain other moves should drop to S, namely In, Hoshi Hanabi and Illusion.
    For In see below. Regarding Hoshi Hanabi, it can only be used after a cord ball, whereas Hecatoncheires can be used from any position. Furhtermore there probably wouldn't be many opponents that have just enough spin to make that cord ball happen after Heca. To make it short, Hoshi Hanabi is too situational to be in SS imo.
    Finally, Illusion. I think it stands to drop as we came to the conclusion that Niou doesn't really copy a player, but just pretends to do so, I'll elaborate when needed.

-looking only at the SS moves, only ZSD, ZSS, TPhantom and Rai lower the player's stamina enough to mention
    -it can defeat one high-level move, an extremly rare one at that
    -that shouldn't be a criteria imo; imagine a very complicated technique that actually doesn't do much though, with this criteria it'd get a boost but it's still bad; it's your list though, so do as you wish (and put the criteria into the OP)
    Noted. Hecatoncheires moved to SS. Illusion stays because you can do high level moves with ease. With Shadow, I don't even know what to do with it so I moved it down to 8. Now it is lower that Hyakuren.

Rank S ordered.

Rank A ordered.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; January 22, 2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I think it is important to see the Ranks D and E move list so that we can better justify them.
    2. Bible Tennis is not a move, right? It's a method of game play.

Still, I like the list.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    1. I think it is important to see the Ranks D and E move list so that we can better justify them.
    2. Bible Tennis is not a move, right? It's a method of game play.

Still, I like the list.
    This list includes all things like play styles, personal effects, in-game techniques, the whole lot.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

With Shadow, I don't even know what to do with it so I moved it down to 8. Now it is lower that Hyakuren.
    It should be lower than Closed Eyes at least. Closed Eyes can counter Saiki as well (which is pretty much the only thing In is good for), but also counters any illusion-like technique, probably even stuff like KnS.
    Personally, I think neither should be in SS though.

What do you want to justify there? It only included basic strokes like forehand, backhand etc. and was listed for all characters anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Southern Cross is way better than the position it's currently in. It's an almost guaranteed 1 hit killer against players non top tier players.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Southern Cross is way better than the position it's currently in. It's an almost guaranteed 1 hit killer against players non top tier players.
    Good point. Because of the fact it ends the game quickly, moved up 4 positions to 41.

It should be lower than Closed Eyes at least. Closed Eyes can counter Saiki as well (which is pretty much the only thing In is good for), but also counters any illusion-like technique, probably even stuff like KnS.
    Personally, I think neither should be in SS though.

What do you want to justify there? It only included basic strokes like forehand, backhand etc. and was listed for all characters anyway.
    Noted. Shadow and Closed Eyes Moved to top of S.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; January 23, 2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I'm kind of predicting that there is also another high school player who can break Teni Muhou no Kiwami. Or if not, a player who can also use it.

i wonder what Fuji's next counters look like? He's like the best character in the game for me.

For me though, I think the Nezumihana Beat should go down one level. We weren't able to see much from that one, I guess.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow, I'm kind of predicting that there is also another high school player who can break Teni Muhou no Kiwami. Or if not, a player who can also use it.

i wonder what Fuji's next counters look like? He's like the best character in the game for me.

For me though, I think the Nezumihana Beat should go down one level. We weren't able to see much from that one, I guess.
    Nezumihana Beat is a defense and should not be underestimated. To average and some high-level players, they can't even get a ball past Jackal. I'm keeping it in Rank A.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Noted. Shadow and Closed Eyes Moved to top of S.
    You still didn't give any reasoning why In is above Closed Eyes and why Hecatoncheires is below Hoshi Hanabi.

What else... Angel Mode should probably go up a bit. Angel!Akaya should be 2nd court material.

Kazuya might be able to break/surpass it. We didn't see his match vs Ryoma completly and it's possible Ryoma used TnK.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You still didn't give any reasoning why In is above Closed Eyes and why Hecatoncheires is below Hoshi Hanabi.

What else... Angel Mode should probably go up a bit. Angel!Akaya should be 2nd court material.

Kazuya might be able to break/surpass it. We didn't see his match vs Ryoma completly and it's possible Ryoma used TnK.
    I totally forgot about Closed Eyes. However Yukimura's Yips might be broken out of with Closed Eyes because by getting rid of sight, you heighten the other senses and it is the constant IMAGE that pops into your head. Shadow can also break out of it. So it's even, but that is only one situation. We can't make a decision yet about it.

Hoshi Hanabi is rather situational, I know. I'm not sure about this one. Hoshi Hanabi works when Hecatatoncheires is returned. Heca is a strong move on it's own and so is Hoshi Hanabi. I guess since Hoshi Hanabi is an 'in case' move I'll push Hecatoncheires up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

No, In and Closed Eyes can't break out of Yips. You even said it yourself, it "heightens" other senses - Yips kills those senses.

New Reply
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast