Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Vanish seem to pack A LOT more power than Kamikakushi to me.

There's no direct direction to Abara Dama and Kamikakushi. But the 3rd court high schooler that fight those two techniques to 3-3 evenly got stomped most likely 6-0 by 1st stringer.

Now, Moujuu no Synchro. 3rd court high schooler can still beat it. I'm thinking most likely they are at 5-3 when it activated, and the game end at 7-6, so score moved 2-4. And those guys got stomped b by 1st stringer.

Doukoku e no Gigue doesn't actually appear, but Shitsui e no Fugue got beaten by Irie, whom have trouble with number 20 of the 1st stringer. Yes, he got serious later. But I feel it's different level of seriousness than he did when he did it with Atobe. I doubt Shitsui e no Fugue is higher than Vanish/Bakyuun.

Samurai Drive is most likely a lot harder to deal than Rai. I have not idea how it's doing so low. It's return perfectly only by Yukimura, who return both to the same place. It's a REALLY high level technique. Most likely on SS level. Why on earth is it even lower than Monjuu no Aura?

Kintarou=Best player on the team. =better than Chitose. Pre-timeskip, confirmed by Shiraishi himself. Moujuu no Aura fought evenly with Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami. Kintarou after time-skip got in trouble in Vanish. Vanish should be higher than Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami at least.

Also, like I said before Bakyuu power is comparable to Rai, although a bit less powerful. I think you should try to protect those other techniques position on how they might be comparable to a techniques a little less powerful than Rai because I pretty much present my argument already.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    Vanish seem to pack A LOT more power than Kamikakushi to me.

There's no direct direction to Abara Dama and Kamikakushi. But the 3rd court high schooler that fight those two techniques to 3-3 evenly got stomped most likely 6-0 by 1st stringer.
    At 3-3 was when Chitose and Tachibana revealed Abare Dama and Kamikushi.

Now, Moujuu no Synchro. 3rd court high schooler can still beat it. I'm thinking most likely they are at 5-3 when it activated, and the game end at 7-6, so score moved 2-4. And those guys got stomped b by 1st stringer.
    Remember when Synchro is first activated, it isnt as strong as when activated later. For example Oishi & Kikumaru.
    After the 1st time, they beasted Jackal/Marui in 5 straight games after activation who would probably defeat any 3rd Court HSer team.

Doukoku e no Gigue doesn't actually appear, but Shitsui e no Fugue got beaten by Irie, whom have trouble with number 20 of the 1st stringer. Yes, he got serious later. But I feel it's different level of seriousness than he did when he did it with Atobe. I doubt Shitsui e no Fugue is higher than Vanish/Bakyuun.
    Irie had no trouble with Akiba. He was merely acting. He only got serious when Akiba dissed his acting.
    Only one of the Gigue's was stopped by Irie. The other one does appear.
    I think the one that appeared was Fugue towards Despair.

Samurai Drive is most likely a lot harder to deal than Rai. I have not idea how it's doing so low. It's return perfectly only by Yukimura, who return both to the same place. It's a REALLY high level technique. Most likely on SS level. Why on earth is it even lower than Monjuu no Aura?
    Good point there. But then again, quite a few guys can now hit 5 balls at once. Making what made this a difficult shot, a not so difficult shot if you get what I mean.

Kintarou=Best player on the team. =better than Chitose. Pre-timeskip, confirmed by Shiraishi himself. Moujuu no Aura fought evenly with Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami. Kintarou after time-skip got in trouble in Vanish. Vanish should be higher than Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami at least.
    I agree there too. Vanish was the only reason Hakamada became a 1st Stringer so if that one technique dragged him up there it is probably a very strong technique.

Also, like I said before Bakyuu power is comparable to Rai, although a bit less powerful. I think you should try to protect those other techniques position on how they might be comparable to a techniques a little less powerful than Rai because I pretty much present my argument already.
    Bakyuun is probably more comparable to Laserbeam. Its a shot that doesnt seem to hard, but takes out strings. I wouldnt put it where Rai is, since Rai involves teleportation and all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    At 3-3 was when Chitose and Tachibana revealed Abare Dama and Kamikushi.
    I think it's pretty to be shown that the 3rd court are equal to Tachibana/Chitose, which Konomi pretty much shown by the statement here.

http://www.mangareader.net/343-58611...hapter-38.html

It's just hard to show it completely when… well… the match is cut REALLY short.

Remember when Synchro is first activated, it isnt as strong as when activated later. For example Oishi & Kikumaru.
    After the 1st time, they beasted Jackal/Marui in 5 straight games after activation who would probably defeat any 3rd Court HSer team.
    Can you restated this? I'm sorry. I really confused to with this means. Not trying to be rude or anything.

Irie had no trouble with Akiba. He was merely acting. He only got serious when Akiba dissed his acting.
    Only one of the Gigue's was stopped by Irie. The other one does appear.
    I think the one that appeared was Fugue towards Despair.
    The gigue that was stopped by Irie was the more powerful "evolved" one.

You also don't know how "serious" Irie was when he's fighting with Akiba compare to how "serious" Irie was when he's fighting Akiba either. However, since he say "Just kidding" and answer the Doukoku e no Gigue and got beaten by number 20 after that. I would assume that number 20 can beat Doukoku e no Gigue, which most likely make Vanish a fair bit more powerful. I'm aware that Irie is acting when losing to number 20, but there's no telling how "serious" the actor is with both opponents.

Good point there. But then again, quite a few guys can now hit 5 balls at once. Making what made this a difficult shot, a not so difficult shot if you get what I mean.
    5 ball =/= 2 half ball on opposite side of the court. The 2 half ball land on the opposite side, making it A LOT harder than fast hand moving around you. Also, it's "half" of a ball. That's considerably harder than a ball, trust me.

I agree there too. Vanish was the only reason Hakamada became a 1st Stringer so if that one technique dragged him up there it is probably a very strong technique.
    Good to see you agree

Bakyuun is probably more comparable to Laserbeam. Its a shot that doesnt seem to hard, but takes out strings. I wouldnt put it where Rai is, since Rai involves teleportation and all.
    I already stated in the last post that it's weaker than Rai. But taking out string is pretty good of a technique, and shouldn't be underestimate. It's like an laserbeam+, I guess.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's pretty to be shown that the 3rd court are equal to Tachibana/Chitose, which Konomi pretty much shown by the statement here.

http://www.mangareader.net/343-58611...hapter-38.html

It's just hard to show it completely when… well… the match is cut REALLY short.
    Konomi underlined how they hadnt paired up for over a year.
    Whereas Washio and Suzuki had been training with each other for ages. As shown when you see 3rd Court just defeating 4th Court prior to the Team Shuffle.

Can you restated this? I'm sorry. I really confused to with this means. Not trying to be rude or anything.
    I thought you were implying that slightly putting down Mojuu no Synchro.
    And was saying that the next time they use it, it is likely that it will be more powerful. Since Remember when Synchro is first activated, it isnt as strong as when activated later. For example Oishi & Kikumaru. They use it first against Shishido/Ootori.
    After the 1st time, they beasted Jackal/Marui in 5 straight games after activation who would probably defeat any 3rd Court HSer team. They seemed more fluid against Jackal/Marui pair.

The gigue that was stopped by Irie was the more powerful "evolved" one.

You also don't know how "serious" Irie was when he's fighting with Akiba compare to how "serious" Irie was when he's fighting Akiba either. However, since he say "Just kidding" and answer the Doukoku e no Gigue and got beaten by number 20 after that. I would assume that number 20 can beat Doukoku e no Gigue, which most likely make Vanish a fair bit more powerful. I'm aware that Irie is acting when losing to number 20, but there's no telling how "serious" the actor is with both opponents.
    I think its clear that Irie was totally unserious with Akiba. The fact that he is No.20, and the MSers defeated No.s 11-19, Konomi had Irie get serious and annihalate him on purpose. Just to make sure that Atobe wasnt de-valued.
    Irie was just playing with Akiba. I dont see how Akiba could overcome World of Ice.

5 ball =/= 2 half ball on opposite side of the court. The 2 half ball land on the opposite side, making it A LOT harder than fast hand moving around you. Also, it's "half" of a ball. That's considerably harder than a ball, trust me.
    I hope your not using real-life logic here lol.
    Understand that with this series you have to argue with PoT logic only. Although hitting a Samurai Drive seems harder, with more players hitting several balls at once, it makes this technique seem slightly less powerful. Although I agree that it should be higher.
    Last edited by Airgrimes; December 08, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So just to be sure, it is agreed to move Vanish and Bakyuun higher? Samurai Drive cannot be moved any higher because Clone Technique is right there waiting.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I'm going to add Yukimura's Racquet Butt Return to the list. In theory, it can defeat a lot of the major power moves. Black Jack Knife, Rai, Bakyuun, 108th Style Hadoukyuu (perhaps). So I was thinking of putting it in SS. But it does seem way too simple to be classified that high.

Also where should I put Byoudouin's serve. (Penetrating Serve? Wall Shattering Serve, Wall Cracking Serve? Serve of Destruction? Gimme some names too.)
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; December 08, 2011 at 11:29 PM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Butt return is just a return, it can't be an SS technique.

If you put it on the list, please put Byodouin's Kamehameha, please xd

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    So just to be sure, it is agreed to move Vanish and Bakyuun higher? Samurai Drive cannot be moved any higher because Clone Technique is right there waiting.

I'm going to add Yukimura's Racquet Butt Return to the list. In theory, it can defeat a lot of the major power moves. Black Jack Knife, Rai, Bakyuun, 108th Style Hadoukyuu (perhaps). So I was thinking of putting it in SS. But it does seem way too simple to be classified that high.

Also where should I put Byoudouin's serve. (Penetrating Serve? Wall Shattering Serve, Wall Cracking Serve? Serve of Destruction? Gimme some names too.)
    I dont think Yukimura's return of Lightning needs to be a technique. I think Konomi was just underlining that Power is as useless as any other technique against Yukimura. And that you really do need an aura to defeat him as shown by Sanada and Ryoma.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Butt return is just a return, it can't be an SS technique.

If you put it on the list, please put Byodouin's Kamehameha, please xd
    If it WAS a technique, then it absolutely positively be an SS technique lol.
    And Byoudouin's serve will be named soon enough, it shouldnt be tiered just yet. Since Ryoga returned it like it was a standard serve.

Btw, I think Jack Knife should be in Rank B and not C.
    Sicne it took out Yushi's strings, and it let Momoshiro defeat the hyped up (disappointment) Sengoku.

And Hahaha you forgot Mizuki Hajime in Data Tennis users. I totally understand though.

You also forgot Nakagauchi Sotomichi with the Cord Ball and since Fuji did it against Niou with his eyes closed, does it count that he can use Cord Ball too?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you want to call it "Forced Cord Ball" because you can cord ball by accident and naming it this way makes it more specific. I'll try to move Jack Knife up and I'll put Mizuki in for Data Tennis, although his data fails (against Fuji lol). Kentarou's cord ball is known as "Miracle Cord Ball" I think or should I rename it to "Forced Cord Ball" or whatever?

BTW, what do you think of Black Hack Knife hehe?
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; December 09, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, what do you think of Black Hack Knife hehe?
    Hahaha like what you done there! So far thats exactly what its been since nobody can seem to return it.

I think just 'Cord Ball' is fine. If a player can use Cord Ball as a listed technique. (Nakagauchi, Aoi and Fuji).
    Remember Irie saying ''Unusual for you to use the Cord Ball'' to Nakagauchi like it was his actual technique.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Jack will be defeated soon, if Oni faces Duke, then the BJK won't work. Maybe Watanabe is the man who extended the limits of the Hadoukyuus (and can hit up to 200th) lolol

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Black Jack will be defeated soon, if Oni faces Duke, then the BJK won't work. Maybe Watanabe is the man who extended the limits of the Hadoukyuus (and can hit up to 200th) lolol
    Hahaha nah, Hadoukyu seems to be middle schoolers only. Since we just had Date use his Springtime of Danki when Konomi could have had hi do Hadoukyu's.
    I hope BJK doesnt stay hack.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, it will be defeated. Is a move that lots of players can return (Echizen, Yukimura, Sanada...)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick Question. What would you cal Data Tennis, Perfect Tennis, Acrobatic Play and Power Play? Types of Tennis? Styles of Tennis? Im not sure of a good definition of these things, since Tennis Styles are Serve & Volley, Counterpuncher and All-Rounder etc.

Im not sure what you would call Data Tennis, Power Play, Acrobatic Play, Perfect Tennis etc.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

You could call them Sub-styles.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

You could call them Sub-styles.
    Awesomeness. Thanks.
    I also think Akutagawa Jirou's Magic Volley should be lifted no?
    It ended Yuuta 6-1, and it was the reason he was hyped up.

Also not even Kabaji can copy it right. So it might mean that when Niou becomes Jirou he cant use Magic Volley. I think the move is worth a lot more.

New Reply
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast