Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 283

Thread: PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

  1. #241
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Added Execution Style 13: Guillotine into Rank S.

    ---------- Post added September 03, 2012 at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 07, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

    I added "Electric Chair" in. I also felt that "Tsuna Watari" should be in Rank S.
    After seeing this page you can see that the ball is only millimetres away from the net, which makes it almost impossible to return.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  2. #242
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Added Execution Style 13: Guillotine into Rank S.

    ---------- Post added September 03, 2012 at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was August 07, 2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

    I added "Electric Chair" in. I also felt that "Tsuna Watari" should be in Rank S.
    After seeing this page you can see that the ball is only millimetres away from the net, which makes it almost impossible to return.
    Why is Guillotine in Rank S??
    LOL, Kite returned it comfortable after a while.

    ---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was September 05, 2012 at 02:22 AM ----------

    Bio Magnetism

    Users: Kieth

    Its nothing short of a Kame-Hame Ha from DBZ.
    The user stores energy in between to hands as he takes a big swing with his racket. When he returns the shot, a force-field released from his shot acts like a wall, throwing the opponent to the back of the court.

  3. #243
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    I don't really like putting movie techniques up since they are non-canonical, but then again, some anime techniques aren't canonical too. I'll put it in the list along with Gemini.
    Last edited by Fuji Shusuke; September 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  4. #244
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Yeah, they're non canon and that move was lame, easy to return.

  5. #245
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    I don't really like putting movie techniques up since they are non-canonical, but then again, some anime techniques aren't canonical too. I'll put it in the list along with Gemini.
    Sorry, just mark it as Movie only as well lol.
    It really was a Kame Hame Ha though lol.

  6. #246
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Kite has Viking Horn.

    I don't know where to put Perfect Fortress.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  7. #247
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Kite has Viking Horn.

    I don't know where to put Perfect Fortress.
    Kite has everything from Higa lol.

    Wait till the nex chapter, it's probably B rank...

  8. #248
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Kite has everything from Higa lol.

    Wait till the nex chapter, it's probably B rank...
    I think A-Rank. It's like Marui has eliminated Jackal lol.

  9. #249
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think A-Rank. It's like Marui has eliminated Jackal lol.
    Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.

  10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #250
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.
    Yes, and probably we see some technique from Kimijima at least, that will be S tier at least.

  12. #251
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yes, and probably we see some technique from Kimijima at least, that will be S tier at least.
    He might just have an ability and not a technique even.
    Like Ochi had just one technique, which was definetely S rank, but he had an S-Rank ablitiy too. (Mental Pressure).

    ---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Kikumaru View Post
    Poor Jackal. First Marui cheats on him with Kite, and now Bunta is almost able to play alone. He'll soon join the forgotten bros.
    Ikr lol.
    Konomi couldn't have been more obvious that he is throwing Jackal away.

    ---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

    Unfortunately though, Perfect Fortress is far from Perfect...

    Standard Lob > Perfect Fortress...
    Considering Marui isn't even 1.65m tall it's what to expect.

  13. #252
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.

  14. #253
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    If Marui was taller, then perfect fortress would be really fearsome. It's a really good technique in doubles as it's the complete and ultimate net defense and if the players hits a lob, like Kaoz said, the other player has time to prepare his shot comfortably and maybe score a winner, while in singles is useless, is really really useful in doubles.
    His return shots don't appear to pose any threat so it's not effective at single either.

    The clear implication is that Marui defends with Perfect Fortress while Kite goes on the offense. A lob, even in Prince of Tennis, is always a great opportunity for the offense. Sure it doesn't seem like having your defense player at the net and offense player at baseline makes any sense, but it's not like POT is supposed to make sense. If they say this works, then it works.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #254
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

    I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  17. #255
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    I'll wait for the new chapter to rank Perfect Fortress.

    I'm also adding Kimijima's Curving Volley.
    I don't think you should.
    It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

    I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.

New Reply
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts