Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT and NPoT Technique Tier List

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't think you should.
    It hasn't been cited as a technique in the series.

I think it's just down to Kimijima likely having a high technique stat.
    It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    It's just a regular curved shot, no big deal at all. But since his stats are high, his shots like that look like really amazing but it's not that impressive.

Altough judging by the end of ch.89, we should see why he's No.7 of All Japan. I wonder what Konomi will show us from him, because this whole negotiation thing was just absurd, I like how the match is going tough.
    I kinda love his "fake" techniques to be honest. When the spoiler was partially out, it was unclear that Kimijima strike out a deal with Kite. So it look like Kimijima "control" Kite.

Man, that would have been a sickkkk techniques.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    So you think that Curving Volley is unecessary because it is a general skill?

I'll remove it.
    Only for now.
    It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Only for now.
    It's not as if his fellow G10 members commented saying ''there it is... Kimijima's ___________ shot''.
    Btw, Thono was going to hit another execution method, iron... shame it wasn't shown

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Btw, Thono was going to hit another execution method, iron... shame it wasn't shown
    No.11?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

No.11?
    Yes that one No.11 Iron ...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just adding on to what Letal and Air was saying, Chapter 89 has been translated:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_p...nnis/v08/c089/

(Does this mean Marui underwent martial arts training? )

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/422-27098...apter-201.html

No, this means that Konomi is running out of ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    I know it's tough on you jose...imagine me
    fapfapfap

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

After all, not new flashy technique has been shown for a while, I'm still waiting for some "visible" upgrade lol.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PoT and SPoT Technique Tier List

We haven't done this in a while and I don't really feel like tiering characters at the moment, so how about we update the techniques list instead?

New moves to be added:
    -Negotiation
    -The 13 Execution Methods
    -Wonder Castle
    -10 Ball Strike
    -Nitouryuu
    -Imetsu Mu
    -Pirates of the American (on a side note, I wonder if this was actually supposed to be Pirates of America)
    -Snake Charmer of India
    -Bull Fighting of the Spanish
    -Phoenix of Egypt
    -Pirates of the World
    -Super Sweet Spot (Not sure if we want to include this one)
    -Glowing Shot (/Destruction)
    -Kijin / Pirate / Samurai (Combined entry?)
    -Black Hole

I think that's all of them? Also we now actually know what Kokushoku no Aura does, and have seen some other moves like Myougi again.

Feel free to comment on anything you want, but something I'm especially interested in are opinions on Pirates of the World - do you think it's on par with the interdimensional moves or maybe even above some of them? Given that it seemed to be Byoudouin's ultimate trump card, I feel like it should rank as high as Glowing Shot at least.

Also, should we penalize moves for having negative side effects? Black Hole, Zero Shiki Serve, Rai and Tezuka Phantom would be affected by this the most.

Lastly, should we stick to techniques being used by the characters that actually have them or should we pretend that they're used by a generic character with all 5s or something? There might be an awesome technique that's not as effective because it's used by a weak character or vice-verse.
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 18, 2014 at 04:04 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than what I mentioned about Pirates of the World (I said that each shot should do less damage than GS, but it's winning by attrition) and things like Ryoma using Spot against Sanada (even though it was Muga, the move worked at a higher level because Ryoma is just that much better than Ibu), I would say that it's been implied in the manga that moves at the top of the world don't have side effects. So while those four moves are great, they all have drawbacks. If you're good enough, you can just return ZSS. Black Hole, well, you probably shouldn't use it for more than one match every year or something, plus the time limit, gives it a severe drawback. In a one set match, Black Hole is only beneath TnK, but in a three set match (even assuming 30 actual minutes), you're probably not going to win against a quality opponent in that time span.

At the start of SPoT, Ryoma copies Matsu's younger brother's serve. When Chikao uses Magnum Serve, it's pretty weak. When Ryoma uses Magnum Serve, he KOs Chikao. Moves that are weak enough in the first place are often hard to measure, plus a lot of people don't use the moves of others, or simply can't. There are only a handful of players in the series that copy the moves of other players, or can use the same/similar moves. Hadokyuu users, Kite taught all of the other Higa members their moves, and thus can use all of their moves at a higher level, a bunch of people can use Higuma Otoshi (We don't actually know if Atobe and Yuushi copied it after seeing it, or whether others just used it as well. Akaya uses it for a point with unconscious Muga, but...), no one uses Muga anymore, then Ryoma copies some fairly weak stuff through his ability as the Prince of Tennis, and Niou somehow understands how to use moves and then displays it through Illusion (although, Illusion's visual effect fails and Niou can still use the moves during the match against Ochi/Mouri). All in all, I'd say that we should, for the most part, judge moves by the players who use them, not being used by someone better than them, unless a better player copies the move and starts using it for more than a point or something.

On the other hand, it's been implied that using ZS moves (and thus probably Phantom as well) wouldn't be dangerous for Tezuka if he hadn't had his arm damaged by the violent senpai.

Super Sweet Spot may add more everything to shots if you've mastered it, but it's hard to say. Things like how Shuuji returned Rai would've been nice to see, instead of just getting a bs explanations.

I don't think that we can even really discuss Negotiation because we don't know what it actually does. We also don't know why random players on the opposing teams, who should have no contact with Kimijima before their matches, would fall to Negotiation, if, indeed they do.

Byoudouin's four (and perhaps more, but they're unseen) ball splitting techs are hard to measure. They win against players who can't return multiple balls, but Byoudouin wouldn't use stuff like that anyway against them. We also haven't seen him use that stuff in the current timeline. Pirates of the World is different, as it's ostensibly infinite balls (I don't buy that) and it's designed to injure the opponent. The regular ball splitting techs just split the ball and you'd probably lose the point like you would against normal ball splitting, assuming you didn't return them all.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tezuka Phantom is pretty dam op even with the drawback. As long as you don't spam it and only use it for critical points it can be extremely deadly and an easy way to win match point.

There shouldn't be many high schoolers who can give Tezuka with TNK a hard time to begin with so he would rarely ever need to use it and if he does use it he should use it sparingly. If he that outmatched that he has to spam it it would be stupid since he can't spam it for 2 or 3 sets anyway so it would be pointless to use it.

We should only talk about a technique in terms of how the character that has it can use it unless multiple characters can use it like Twist Serve. Then maybe you can mention Twist Serve and the character you are talking about. There is no point in talking about abilities mimiced by Muga since its not even part of their normal reportoire.

Though I guess for certain abilities there isn't much of a difference between characters like auras so those are exceptions.
    Last edited by felixng2011; July 20, 2014 at 06:22 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it is important that we judge tech by common user rather than the user themselves. Otherwise this would just be too similar to tier list thread.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think it is important that we judge tech by common user rather than the user themselves. Otherwise this would just be too similar to tier list thread.
    I don't disagree with this at all, but I think it might be hard to judge because we have absolutely no data on how a theoretical user would utilize a move. So maybe we should just judge by the strongest instance of the move we've actually seen. However, we shouldn't take individual character weaknesses into account that would make a move more difficult to use. For example, Hadokyuu users are super slow, but for the purpose of this list, that doesn't matter to us, we'll just assume the move gets used.

Now for the list itself, I think TnK should remain at the very top. Maybe we could have Kijin/Pirate/Samurai and Black Hole in the same tier though? Or should they be one below? I'd have Glowing Shot and Pirates of the World in the next tier, then Mu and Duke Homerun and the X Ball Moves? Oh actually, one move I did forget about in my list is Asura no Shindou, where should we put that one?

New Reply
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast