Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Nami is actually pretty strong with her weapons and knowledge. Most of the SH would have a problem fighting her. The way she can make mirages quickly is no joke. She has also fought some strong opponents and won.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction

Right now I'm assuming most of the strawhats can already use haki.... save Franky and Nami. Zoro, Sanji, Chopper and Usop already have mantra (observation, and I think Robin has this one also or she wouldn't have been able to locate Luffy and the gang without any prior meeting arrangements, I don't know if Nami has one, but her weather observation skill is more impressive, unique and useful than regular haki, so I wouldn't be surprised if she can use the normal haki). Not sure about Strengthening haki, but the monster trio should have them (because if they didn't have haki, it would be harder for them to take out a pacifista in one swoop).

As for the conqueror haki, only Luffy need this, but it might be a bonus if Sanji/Zoro have them, doubt it though. They only need one to weed out all the weaklings, since Luffy's haki can take out 50.000 people on one go, anymore would be redundant and pointless.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

moriab/lilsizzo
    More like a plot device to make Luffy stand out. We also don't know if he was capable of using bursts or hold back consciously to protect the NW pirates, most of them were of his alliance, not his own crew, so he probably couldn't differentiate between all of those, or it would cost to much power/concentration, strain his old body as said. Out of the 100 thousand of the Marines[Did someone point out that it's the same number of enemies the Mugiwaras have to face?^^] 80 to 90% were probably fodder too, with a doriki of ten. Only/mostly captains and above are stronger and I doubt that every tenth soldier was a captain.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 09, 2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Dylan21's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I really doubt there is anything that is "too much" for the new world lol, specially when it comes down to haki. Haki should be a somewhat generic skill to varying degrees among people who have actual strength for the most part. The color of the conqueror will certainly be rare but in turn we should expect to see plenty of people with the other types shortly. You also have to consider every high ranking marine actually does in fact use haki.... Eventually it makes the most sense for all strawhats to master haki to some degree, dependind on their specialty. IMO the monster trio are candidates for all 3 types IMO at least.
    I don't know about that . I mean sooner o later , Zoro and Sanji will learn how to use COA for sure, maybe COO but i doubt anyone expect Luffy will master COC . Later on the manga, maybe someone like Robin ,Usopp , Nami or Chopper will learn how to use COO .
    If you think about it in Whitebeard crew, only Marco,Vista, Ace and WB himself could use haki , and that was the best crew in the world (maybe except for shank's and BB now ) . As for the marine's , only vice admirals and admirals can use haki, yeah there's Coby too , but he is destined to be at least a VA someday .
    Haki doesn't mean win automatically every match, but if the top 3 fighters already have it, then they are gonna be able to at least face any situation . And we've got to remember that there are another 500-600 chapters before the end , so i wouldn't mind if at first, only Luffy could deal with Logia and Haki user .
    Oda really turn up the expectations for the new world, and surely it's gonna be tough , but we already witness somehow what the "top" is , so IMO is best to delay the SH's approach to top for a while.
    Last edited by Dylan21; August 09, 2011 at 07:42 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

in order to hit a logia you need to use haki or use the enamies particular weakness(his element weakness). i dont want every time the SH meet a logia that all of them (except luffy/zoro/sanji - who probably have COA) will be useless against him. the whole point of their training is that luffy wouldnt have to fight alone(and suffer the most),therefor assuming that all of them will master haki to some extent at some point of the story isnt that an impossible scanerio.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, we did kinda see Rayleigh using COC and he was only the second mate of the crew. It is extremely likely roger had it too given his position meaning the previous PK crew had two users of that particular type of haki. Marco, vista, jozu and WB are only the confirmed haki users but we really have no idea about the rest (. Worth mentioning, that crew with WB and ace had 2 COC users. Also, by high ranking marines I meant the admirals and VAs (of which the manga has shown at least 12). There are a few other WB pirates who I would think is extremely likely they can use haki to some degree. Fozza, Jiru, Atmos, Haruta, Kingdew, Blenheim... they are all experience fighters who have made a name for themselves in the strongest crew in the world. These guys are meant to fight admirals and VAs, given the conditions and that they seem mostly like physical fighters I doubt they won't have haki.

Now, first of all I don't think haki will automatically win every match, far from that. Even the facing any situation is a bit of a stretch although it is worth saying they kinda trained for 2 years for just that. Haki is something that comes with time and experience, I don't think the strawhats will only rarely face other haki users. To be completely honest I expect any enemy the strawhats have with a certain degree of strength to be a haki user at some level.
    Yeah, that is what i already answered... Zoro being Vice captain, same as Ray-san was ... It would not be too unrevelant that he has COC.

Furthermore, actually, SH crew is really powerfull.... Read again the precedent Arc : New World Pirates had a lot of trouble againts Pacifistas... We did not see one shots. Even if more powerfull ones were fighting in the front line... And now 3 members of SH Crew can one shot them!

I can't wait to see what is next to them in NW. And which will be their next ennemy !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lilsizzo View Post
    yeah it is in the wrong thread....quick answer is that whitebeard is old....i think haki is affected by age and even if he is able to use haki...we would not be able to react to the danger being as old as he is...and i believe the marine there should be filtered to almsot 90% could withstand coc. kairosoky i believe is the stone right? if i am right it only shuts down ability from the devil fruit....now lets all discuss this in another thread...=)

i think the chapter 634 mention 100k pirates is roughly a figure and thus so defeating 50k of them would also be a figure.....there was a panel where it shows almost all the pirates but mostly are being displayed as dot. it seems robin are not really used to haki as she says..."this is haki" or smtg like tat..like she nvr experienced it before...or could be the reason she said that is she have no COC. =)
    It's probably because during the war, there were so many people that it would be hard to target just the marines and not also hit the pirates inter mixed in the crowd. CoC seems like a double edged sword if the 2 sides are huge and already fighting.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tensort View Post
    Yeah, that is what i already answered... Zoro being Vice captain, same as Ray-san was ... It would not be too unrevelant that he has COC.

Furthermore, actually, SH crew is really powerfull.... Read again the precedent Arc : New World Pirates had a lot of trouble againts Pacifistas... We did not see one shots. Even if more powerfull ones were fighting in the front line... And now 3 members of SH Crew can one shot them!

I can't wait to see what is next to them in NW. And which will be their next ennemy !
    Well, all we actually saw of the pacisfista were lone frames at a time but it did kinda seem like the pacifista were being taken out too. Boa was implied to have taken out several of them, and in all fairness she should be capable of taking them out very easily. To be completely honest I don't think people of the strawhats caliber will be all that weird in the new world. IMO it would not be strange in the least if the new world captains could actually give luffy a good run for their money. Its not like the war was fought solely by commanders. How would 14 of them match up against the admirals, VAs and shichibukai? They would have been outnumbered IMO, there must have necessarily been other strong people around and the only option are the new world crews.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction → Next Chapter on Aug.17

those of you who still think zoro can not use haki are in for a surprise because zoro is always looking to get stronger just think about it he had tears and his eyes and threw away his pride to train with mihawk to get stronger so do you think mihawk can just tell zoro that haki not only makes you stronger but it allows you to hit logia df types and the other one allows you to predict your enemies moves and you can bet that you will run into alot of people who know how to use haki in the new world and without the use of haki you can forget about challenging an admiral i don't think so if zoro know about haki trust me he tried his best to learn it and he succeded it only fit his character personality and if oda don't make zoro use haki then it will be dumb on oda part so please don't let me down

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction → Next Chapter on Aug.17

i would like to see luffy combine his coa with gear 2 and see how fast he will become :P
    Last edited by Uriel; August 12, 2011 at 11:23 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BoobsMakeMeHappy's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

do u thnk robin wil start using guns http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/2 i kno some of u will b like "no ussop the sharpshooter she cant use guns" but look at brook and zoro any way id think it wud b cool and IMO she really doesnt need it but oda is always creative with everything he does look at gear 2nd theres not 1 person who expected tht & mayb he can do somthing creative with her using guns too...............................

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I highly doubt that she will use guns.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 8/24/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    Robin: The Rokushiki Demon (first two pages are up!)

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect one thing from the SH's : pwning. (That's my fanboy side)

Well, I expect Haki from the monster trio, that's for sure. But the one I'm eager to see fight is Usopp. I'm not a fan for using plants or something like that, I was more expecting to see him having a gun and using his sniper skill to the max (combined with C.O.O). But, plants don't sound that bad either.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't expect robin to be physically a monster but I do think she will be something kinda like crocodile. Crocodile is probably not quite up there with many insanely strong people but in turn he has shown insane skills with his fruits and practical uses for it. For example, he uses dehydration through his sand, which should be effective against people of any level. His sand tornadoes were even capable of sending jozu flying... In this regard, his techniques are essentially effective against people much stronger than he is which makes him a bit of a wildcard and perhaps even capable of going up against anyone (he was not one shoted by mihawk for example). I don't expect robin to dehydrate people or create tornadoes of any sort but in turn I think she will be the sort who is dangerous due to the sheer level of mastery she has over her fruit.

I don't think a gun would suit ussop. A good sniper can probably do quite a bit with a gun (van auger could hit birds from islands so distant they could not be seen by people close to the target) but in turn a gun is limited in that it can only hit with bullets. Ussop has always been the type to rely heavily on having weapons with different effects such as explosions or fire.... He needs to keep that up and keep taking it to the extreme. To be honest I expect him to add a bit of physical combat to his mix. Run even more for the most part (kinda like when auger shot ace) while avoiding damage, perhaps go as far as being capable of punching back in the case of close combat. His attacks already have an altogether different scale from what they did before (the sea weed he grew was as large as the kraken and he comfortably grew plants strong enough to eat a man worth 30 mill) so perhaps once he gets offensive he will be able to mow through the fodder. Since he uses plants now I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he now attacks with weeds to trap his enemies or if he uses poisons or sleep powders from flowers and other plants. He could be something like a gardener from hell lol. Of course, there would be inherent limitations to plants as his plants are not going to get stronger as he does so he should have improved versions of his previous stars. A star capable of blowing up a building should be a given lol. He should have stuff he could imbue with haki in the long run too (he should do at least that much in the long run) so perhaps he will have stars with weapons or even regular shots with just haki. Perhaps a particular type of plant with spines which he can imbue with haki would be interesting. Heracles was able to summon bugs somehow so perhaps ussop will be able to do something like that. Perhaps he could control or grow them with some sort of plant.

As for brook, I have no idea. The first thing he should have improved is his swordsmanship. It should be quite insane by now. He seems to have developed his fruit although it does not seem to have practical uses yet other than keeping him alive. He could scare his enemy with a ghost but I can't imagine that working with strong people. He spent some time with doubled elbowed people so perhaps he learned how to manipulate music like appoo and do a crap loud of things with it. Brook should have gotten a better sword unless his current one is already good in some form. A normal sword should not last long in the new world anyways.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ussop could use his Kabuto with his eccentric ammo to snipe, and if a foe approched him for close combat it would be cool if he taked double guns to fight!

I think i saw this somewhere before, i don't remember if it was a manga, anime or movie... A foe thought he would have the advantage against a guy using a rifle if he closed the distance, but when he went to punch there was a gun in his face! Kabuto act like a rifle right? I'm not saying he would finish the fight using guns, but he could use it to keep away/repel the enemy and matain the combat in his comfort zone, with distance. If his kabuto had a longer handle, he could use it to repel the enemy and fight like Beckman.

ps: think the maid in Black Butler did something like that too...
    Last edited by ErosVp; August 14, 2011 at 11:35 PM.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast