Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 634 Discussion / 635 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan21 View Post
    I don't know about that . I mean sooner o later , Zoro and Sanji will learn how to use COA for sure, maybe COO but i doubt anyone expect Luffy will master COC. [...] If you think about it in Whitebeard crew, only Marco,Vista, Ace and WB himself could use haki.
    If you recall, it took Luffy, an alleged Haki prodigy, one and a half year of personal tutelage from the late Pirate King's "Partner" himself to get the forms down. It would be a little incongruous if Zoro & Sanji come out of two years of intense training only to require 2-4 years more training from Luffy himself in order to keep up. Or, alternatively, if they keep up with Luffy despite lacking the ability to utilize Haki, have significantly superior physical ability compared to Luffy (including Gears). I can't see Oda going down either route personally, especially as there is no reason that Zoro and Sanji can't have learned to use Haki during the time-skip.

As for ol' Edward and his merry-band, Marco, Jozu, Vista and Edward himself may have been the only ones who displayed the ability to utilize Haki on-panel, but those were very likely not the only Haki-users among the Whitebeard Pirates.

Haki doesn't mean win automatically every match,
    Indeed. Haki is a skillset, although a rather unique one, and is only as useful as it's user. It would be perfectly possible to contend without Haki (as we saw when G2 Luffy trounced Marigold and Sandersonia), though you'd need a significant edge elsewhere (i.e. a notable superiority in speed and strength, to make up for CoO and CoA, respectively).

Oda really turn up the expectations for the new world, and surely it's gonna be tough , but we already witness somehow what the "top" is , so IMO is best to delay the SH's approach to top for a while.
    I agree. The Straw-Hats have come out of the time-skip with immense improvement, but I think they still have a way to go before they can compete with Yonkous and Admirals. But that doesn't mean that the Straw-Hats wont be outstanding: similar to their journey throughout the Grand Line, the Straw-Hats will still contend with the prominent figures (i.e. strong pirate crews outside the Yonkous, the top Vice-Admirals etc.).

Personally, I expect Luffy's & Zoro's fighting prowess to be comparable to what Ace's was, with Sanji, as ever, a small, but notable, bit behind.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Reading the last chapter I thought that it was a bitunfortunate that Chopper didn't have a proper combat teacher. He would have become considerably stronger if someone taught him some moves or even some combat style. Of course he got bigger after the timeskip and got better with his Devel Fruit, but it was expected from him, cause it was the only thing he was using from the begining of his presense in the crew. I actually believe that it would have been quite an interesting thing from Oda's part if he met someone like an old boxer or some guy from that tribe on the island to get his fighting techs on a different level and actually make him on par with Franky after the timeskip. Even now I would say Chopper has quite an interesting potential, considering his Devil Fruit. If he can use his Monster Form that we saw in Ennies Lobby for some time it can be quite devastating, but until now he isn't that strong, but still he can hold his own in the begining of the New World for now. I hope he didn't show all he has. Hope Oda will surprise us.

P.S. Maybe he learned a bit of Kunf-fu as we saw his Kung-fu point.) It would be quite an interesting development for him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest one of the crew members I expect the most out of is nami.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v58/c596/5.html

I think it is a safe assumption that nami is currently using at least some version of the weather ball as weapons. Now, the specifics have not been explained in detail however the weather ball was explicitly stated to have a HUGE amount of power. I guess it kinda comes down to what version of the weather ball she has and perhaps how many. We have seen little from her so far, so little that it actually is not significantly more than what she could do with her staff before the timeskip. Anyways, her previous staff was at least capable of taking out a entire squad of marines at least which is no small feat for a normal human. If we take take eredas's words to heart then nami would even go as far as being overpowered under the right circumstances. She has been fighting hordes of fishmen on her own though, in the past she would not have managed that so easily. At the moment perhaps her true power would extent to a huge storm over a large area however that should require her a bit of time. Still, if she does manage to set up a reasonably sized storm and have complete control over it she would have a lot of firepower to say the least (perhaps enough to take out her share of 10000 fishmen).

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't think that Nami would be really powerful. I believe she will be the same weakest in all senses member of the crew. She will just get an upgrade to take mass of fodder, but from the New World (before she also managed to mostly take fodder like nameless marines and they even managed to come back to the fight) as it was in Ennies Lobby). As she is now taking down fodder fishmen. I actually don't expect her to take any of relatively strong opponents in this arc.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Nami doesn't have to be stronger she just has to be smarter and more skilled in navigation to know how to deal with the crazy islands we saw that are in the NW ......i think that's what she meant by becoming more powerful 'cause after all if the SH's don't have a good navigator or they let someone like Zoro take the lead then they're practically screwed .....they are all in the palm of her hand or to put it simply no Nami no Luffy becoming PK
    Last edited by matzik1212; October 26, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    they let someone like Zoro take the lead then they're practically screwed .....they are all in the palm of her hand or to put it simply no Nami no Luffy becoming PK
    I don't know...I feel that if they let Zoro navigate they would be in Raftel by now.lol.He has a tendency on rare occasions to get to the right place by pure luck before anyone else
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I though it would be very funny to see Sanji eating Kangooru or Rabit Zoan DF.. It would be very funny and will develop futher his fighting style. Even though I know that it's practically impossible, but still that would be quite hilarious. And this might also help him with women.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that we see Chopper having mastered monster point, I'm more confident that he still has more than the old 7 transformations points and that the kung-fu point is not a redesign of one of them.
    That's cool, because I was a bit disappointed after reading chapter 636, thinking he had still only 7 points. That means he will continue to surprise us and be stronger.

By now my understanding is that he has
    * 3 devil fruit points : Brain, Heavy and Walk
    * 3 ex Rumble ball points that he now can use as the 3 regular one : Jump, Horn and Arm
    * 1 Old point he still need a rumble ball for : Guard
    * New points he has mastered : so far Monster and Kung fu

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...9/c636/12.html

Well, chopper never implied he had more forms. He merely mentioned he remade the 7 original, 6 of which he could access at will. I have my doubts of him having more forms. I do get the impression he has not showed all his forms yet. The ones in the page next to the one I posted shows five forms and implies monster point but it does not seem like he has shown all forms. Which are we missing? Maybe arm point?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn I forgot about that picture
    I we considered the 5 ones in the shadow are the one he can transform into without rumble ball (the 6th one being the Human heavy pointo), then that means that Kung fu is indeed an old one (probably Jump point). Which would make arm point the one with rumble ball. That can make sense, since it was suppose to be his strongest one, also he did not choose it here
    Anyway, Monster point is definitively a 8th one.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually it would not be an 8th one. If chopper remodeled his forms the all of his current forms are based on the old ones or have been effectively replaced. I forgot about human point so that would make the seven forms he has mentioned. We have his brain point, human point, kung fuu point, the hairy form, horn point and monster point which are all the forms mentioned and hinted at. I doubt he will have an arm point as his human form seems to incorporate it. His horn point seems to have the ability to dig and the jumping capacity of his jump point. Kung fuu point is entirely new for the most part. Basically, he altogether gave up his jump point and arm point by incorporating them into other forms. I would also think the form which needs the rumble ball is his monster form. I do wonder how exactly he changed his rumble to make this work though. If I recall his monster point consumed every bit of energy he has and hurt his body which does not seem to be the case now.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

But before the time skip he had 7 transformations + Monster point

So when he says
    I'm not a beetle!!! // I've spent these past two years improving all seven of my Transformation Points! / There's only one form I need the Rumble Ball for now!! The other six, I can use freely at any time!!
    Obviously monster point is not the one he need the rumble ball for since it is not part of the 7. Otherwise that means that one of the improvement in question consists in transforming one of his old point into Monster point which would be very misleading from Oda

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if he remodeled his forms it is perfectly plausible his monster point is now one of the forms. I would think the logic behind the forms is that each form will fulfill a specific task. In that regard his remodelation of his 7 forms could easily be made so that his now in control monster point is included. Nothing of what chopper said hints at him having 8 forms accessible to him at the moment. If he had more than 7 forms he would have said he could access more than 1 form with the rumble ball right? If monster point did not require the rumble ball then he would have 7 forms accessible to him at will when he said he only had 6 of those. If at the moment chopper has more than 7 forms it would have to be one that he is not able to access at will or with the rumble ball.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From last week's chapter and today's episode, here's how I think his forms work now:
    Spoiler show

RB = Rumble Ball
    3 forms from fruit: Walk, Brain, Heavy
    Forms w/o use of RB: Jump, Guard, Arm, Horn, Kung Fu <--- all these forms are now improved (bigger guard, horns etc.)
    Form w/ use of RB: Total control of Monster Point [3 minutes]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cheddarpretzels View Post
    From last week's chapter and today's episode, here's how I think his forms work now:
    Spoiler show

RB = Rumble Ball
    3 forms from fruit: Walk, Brain, Heavy
    Forms w/o use of RB: Jump, Guard, Arm, Horn, Kung Fu <--- all these forms are now improved (bigger guard, horns etc.)
    Form w/ use of RB: Total control of Monster Point [3 minutes]
    I wonder then what will happen if he still overdose RB... is his limit still for 2 RB... or he has increased that too.... I guess he also have ace up the sleeves...

New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast