Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 488

Thread: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

  1. #76
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Wow, Nami is really getting no faith from the readers. Personally, I think Nami will bring out her weather control abilities and entire crews will fear being up against the Straw Hats.... assuming they survive being sunk by a variety of weather attacks.
    If Strawhats ever reach the Thunder Island, Nami would be THE MAN to fear. :O

    And I somehow THINK that some of the islands in the new world are meant to make the crew even more stronger (Somehow the island where they Apoo's Crew flew makes me wonder if Brook wouldn't learn to "walk" also in the air)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  2. #77
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by frontaLobotomy View Post
    The way I see it, since the timeskip the crew appear to have gathered enough strength to be able to fight in the New World. Meaning, if they came across a Yonkou, they would be able to fight them and not get killed. That isn't to say that they'd be able to win, but not getting killed is a start.
    they would get destroyed by a yonkou crew. remember al of the yonkou have pretty big crews(well the 2 we have seen) no way way 9 pirates can take on a bunch of pirates.

    lets not forget WB was sick. i think if the monster trio fought shanks, he would still destroy them rather easily. i think the strawhats are at the midway point of their growth.

  3. #78
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    [...]lets not forget WB was sick.[...]
    If you are insinuating that Shanks was stronger than Whitebeard, you are awfully mistaken. Whitebeard was the undisputed strongest man -- stronger than everyone else in the world (yes, that includes Shanks (^and Garp)) -- while he was sick and old.

    That being said, I also imagine that Shanks would whoop the Monster Trio's assess in a fight; they still have a way to go before they can hold their own against a world-class combatant.

  4. #79
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
    If you are insinuating that Shanks was stronger than Whitebeard, you are awfully mistaken. Whitebeard was the undisputed strongest man -- stronger than everyone else in the world (yes, that includes Shanks (^and Garp)) -- while he was sick and old.

    That being said, I also imagine that Shanks would whoop the Monster Trio's assess in a fight; they still have a way to go before they can hold their own against a world-class combatant.
    no sir you are wrong......remember this. look at what marco said

    http://www.onepiecehq.com/read-manga.../page-10.html#

    he was old and sick and therefore not the same WB that competed with roger. if you read further into the chapter, WB even said himself that he couldnt be the strongest forever.

    the reason no one tested WB was because the knew how strong he was in the past, so he had been living off his great rep for years.

    i mean WB had 1600 crew members and an additional 43 pirate crews go to marineford with him. a crew with have to be crazy to want to take on WB.

    but back to the original point.....if the strawhats fought an admiral to the death, they probably would win, but they would lose so members in the process. if they all jumoed on shanks, i think they would be slaughtered. Since we have only seen WB and shanks fight, we can only assume the other 2 yonkou are just as strong
    Last edited by chess4; March 27, 2011 at 08:44 PM.

  5. #80
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    no sir you are wrong......remember this. look at what marco said

    http://www.onepiecehq.com/read-manga.../page-10.html#

    he was old and sick and therefore not the same WB that competed with roger. if you read further into the chapter, WB even said himself that he couldnt be the strongest forever.

    the reason no one tested WB was because the knew how strong he was in the past, so he had been living off his great rep for years.

    i mean WB had 1600 crew members and an additional 43 pirate crews go to marineford with him. a crew with have to be crazy to want to take on WB.

    but back to the original point.....if the strawhats fought an admiral to the death, they probably would win, but they would lose so members in the process. if they all jumoed on shanks, i think they would be slaughtered. Since we have only seen WB and shanks fight, we can only assume the other 2 yonkou are just as strong
    Considering Zoro has been trained by Hawk eye .. He must have at least gotten very close to the combat skills of hawk eye if not same (considering how much effort zoro put in every time he gets his ass kicked or face difficult situations).. and shanks had duel with hawk eye resulting in draws..

    I dont see any other training session coming in for SHs in future.. so thats how they r now and now they just progress through opponents ,,, strong-->stronger--->strongest.. and will grow during fights.. as they have done in the first half of their journey..

  6. #81
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bot Lane
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    i expect Zoro to still be weaker than Hawk and it can't happen other way, cuz thought they needed to become stronger during these 2 years, they can't be stronger now than some elite of pirates or the elite of the marine , we will need to see them growing some times!

    but is it going to be enough 10 members ??? most of the pirates crews have much more than it, i don't see Luffy and the others winning against a big and a well know crew , only with 10 members, but i also understand how much difficult would be for Oda to raise the crew number, and in the end its not only about the one piece but yes about being also the pirate king , someone that is praised by the other pirates.
    Is 10 members enough to hold that responsibility and that position?

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #82
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Strawhats are composed of elite members. Each member will probably be at least as strong as Whitebeard captains (at the end of the manga).
    And The weaker strawhats (nami & usopp) are great "fodder disposal devices". So, they don't need more than 10 members.
    Last edited by zelllogan; March 28, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #83
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    no sir you are wrong......
    In his introduction, Whitebeard was presented with an information box where the-all-knowing narrator (Oda) told us that however sickly that old guy hooked up on tubes appeared, he was the strongest man in the world.

    Consequently, whether Whitebeard was the strongest fellow around or not is not a subject open for argument; Whitebeard was the strongest, old and sick as he was, and that is that.

    Now, obviously Whitebeard has gradually declined since his heyday because of age and illness (e.g. Marco highlights that Whitebeard's reflexes and/or CoO used to be out of this world) and he would have continued to deteriorate, had he lived through the war (hence, Whitebeard plainly wouldn't have remained the strongest man in the world forever).

    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    i mean WB had 1600 crew members and an additional 43 pirate crews go to marineford with him. a crew with have to be crazy to want to take on WB.
    That is an absurd argument to make. Commanding formidable military forces doesn't mean that you can't be strong(est); in fact, basically all of the strongest combatants alive commands similarly/stronger military forces than Whitebeard did (e.g. Dragon, the other Yonkou's, The Fleet Admiral and the Admirals).

    Quote Originally Posted by chess4 View Post
    if the strawhats fought an admiral to the death, they probably would win, [...]if they all jumoed on shanks, i think they would be slaughtered.
    ^You really think that there is such a significant gap between Shanks and the Admirals...?

  11. #84
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
    In his introduction, Whitebeard was presented with an information box where the-all-knowing narrator (Oda) told us that however sickly that old guy hooked up on tubes appeared, he was the strongest man in the world.

    Consequently, whether Whitebeard was the strongest fellow around or not is not a subject open for argument; Whitebeard was the strongest, old and sick as he was, and that is that.

    Now, obviously Whitebeard has gradually declined since his heyday because of age and illness (e.g. Marco highlights that Whitebeard's reflexes and/or CoO used to be out of this world) and he would have continued to deteriorate, had he lived through the war (hence, Whitebeard plainly wouldn't have remained the strongest man in the world forever).


    That is an absurd argument to make. Commanding formidable military forces doesn't mean that you can't be strong(est); in fact, basically all of the strongest combatants alive commands similarly/stronger military forces than Whitebeard did (e.g. Dragon, the other Yonkou's, The Fleet Admiral and the Admirals).


    ^You really think that there is such a significant gap between Shanks and the Admirals...?
    i do! the admirals a so feared because of their logia ability, but i think shanks has full control over all 3 forms of haki. yes i kmow that the admirals possess haki as well.

    jozu, ace, and marco were on par with the aokiji and kizaru. the only reason jozu lost to aokiji and marco to kizaru was because they were concerned about WB. Shanks imo opinion is stronger than them.


    i mean an outta shape rayleigh held serve against kizaru. shanks is the best of the best.

  12. #85
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    You've to think that "The strongest man in the world" was a tittle given by World Government after Roger's death. When was introduced by Oda, the epitaph was to introduce him as the world knows him, to measure how dangerous He was. It's not a state that confirms that He's the current strongest man in the world, but the one who holds that tittle "officially" in the world's diegesis.

    Let's try to not take some things as bible when Oda doesn't intend so. Most introductions are literate methods and resources of storytelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    but is it going to be enough 10 members ??? most of the pirates crews have much more than it, i don't see Luffy and the others winning against a big and a well know crew , only with 10 members, but i also understand how much difficult would be for Oda to raise the crew number, and in the end its not only about the one piece but yes about being also the pirate king , someone that is praised by the other pirates.
    Is 10 members enough to hold that responsibility and that position?
    Allies counts as well if we talk about war and such. Anyway, Strawhats are the crew of the next pirate King. They 10 must be the best in the world in their roles and strongest than anyone else in what they do.
    Even Nami being weak doesn't mean She can't fight strong opponents, means that the strongest will fight Luffy. Get what I'm trying to say?
    Last edited by Uriel; March 28, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #86
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Even though they will be strongest in their roles in the future, I do believe that they will need more than 10 crew members aside of Luffy, cause it's imposible to fight when you are ganged for example by 3 Admirals and 10 Vice Admirals even though you are best of the best. Even WB's crew didn't need that much attention in the fight.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #87
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Brooke has shown some basic old school Brooke fencing, but just think how 2 years of playing can be used offensively.

    Whenever hes fought recently it hasnt been against serious opponents & his nakama have been around. Theres a part of the ear responsible for balance, I think that could be hurt with some sonic manipulation maybe his sound based attacks would've affected all those around him. We have seen Apoo use sound waves for attack, im thinking of Brooke using the waves & transferring the vibration through his sword to an enemy causing nausea, bouncing sound off walls too.

    I couldnt think of as many as i thought i could, but basically its like the Patton Oswalt joke about rock stars warping reality with their skills, flebbity flooba fleeb!

    FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?


    Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

  17. #88
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    India
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebullet Teacher View Post
    . We have seen Apoo use sound waves for attack, im thinking of Brooke using the waves & transferring the vibration through his sword to an enemy causing nausea, bouncing sound off walls too.


    FuS
    Isnt that Apoos devil fruit

  18. #89
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Isnt that Apoos devil fruit
    This is just my opinion but I think apoo's fruit just allows him to transform his body into musical instruments. The part where his music makes stuff explode would be independent. In that scenario it would make sense for brook to be capable of acquiring such skills.

  19. #90
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,493
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Even though they will be strongest in their roles in the future, I do believe that they will need more than 10 crew members aside of Luffy, cause it's imposible to fight when you are ganged for example by 3 Admirals and 10 Vice Admirals even though you are best of the best. Even WB's crew didn't need that much attention in the fight.
    3 Admirals versus the Monster Trio.

    Anyway, I DOUBT they will fight W.G. by themselves. Allies will show up if the scenario happens.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

New Reply
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts