Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Mister A's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Crews strength - what you expect from now on

Well, just an observation.... But I don't think the straw hat crew is nearly as strong as the previous pirate kings crew was. One of the main reasons being the first mate and even an apprentice (shanks) possessed the haki of conquerors... Which was said to be one in a million. But in the straw hat crew, only the captain possesses it. Although I dunno if oda will decide later on if zoro and sanji can use it too, but until they do... I don't really see them on par with the crew of the previous pirate king!
    This was my first post here btw..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see Zoro or Sanji getting CoC. They are strong enough without it, and it's really not great story telling IMO if the main characters have the ability to win without battle.
    The only Straw Hat I can see being able to use CoC besides Luffy, is Usopp. Because he's the weakest, and it somehow would he ironic how the "weakest" strawhat could have such a strong ability.
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

This could be only my wishful thinking but i really believe that Zoro already has CoC, he is exactly the type of person that could dominate others by sheer force of his will. And he and Luffy need something to put them on another level from the other crew members. I know Sanji is part of monster trio but i don't think he has disposition for CoC and he has his cooking just like Franky is a shipwright, Chopper is a doctor, Brook a musician etc. Every other member, except Luffy and Zoro, has a specific field of expertise, but the only thing the two of them do is fight.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally expect the Monster trio to wipe the floor with any Marine up to Vice Admiral level and give a run at the Admirals. I also want Luffy to rely less on his DF and try and fight without it making himself a wild card.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    I personally expect the Monster trio to wipe the floor with any Marine up to Vice Admiral level and give a run at the Admirals. I also want Luffy to rely less on his DF and try and fight without it making himself a wild card.
    Monster Trio?
    So... Up to Vice Admiral level do you mean Sanji and Garp would be about equal?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Monster Trio?
    Garp is exceptional so he should not be used as example like that.
    I do think that Monster Trio is like 3 Vice Admirals on one ship with Luffy being stronger than almost any VA, Zoro on strong VA level, Sanji somewhere around Vergo level- we will have to wait and see more from them.

I do expect Sanji vs Vergo remach with Sanji being winner.
    I do expect that Zoro will in future fight Onigumo and win.
    I do expect that Luffy will beat shitload of strong people soon

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

That will always be part of Luffy, that he only goes all out if he believes in the reason or cause behind the fight.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah still not convinced that Sanji is confidently at VA level.
    I agree with Zoro though especially since the mystery about his eye hasn't been cleared up.
    If it turns out the bastard can see through both eyes and he's been handicapping himself all this time then... He's a got damn beast

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Monster Trio?
    Garp is not the same as any other Vice Admiral. He is IMO probably strong enough to take any Admiral and come out a winner.

By VA level i mean anyone who isnt Garp-level. I.e. Vergo and the bunch.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

By VA level i mean anyone who isnt Garp-level. I.e. Vergo and the bunch.
    I get you.
    Due to the circumstances between Vergo VS Sanji we can't confirm Sanji is necessarily weaker than VA I guess.
    But I dunno... I just feel Oda is slowly preparing to underline that Zoro is the first mate and Sanji is just the cook.
    So we're not too far from the gap widening in the Monster trio.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you rank Franky for that matter?
    I believe that soon enough it will be a monster quadro and not trio since he's at least stronger than a pacifista right now yet it's hard to gauge it against a VA.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for franky to be worth something he should actually be well stronger than a pacifista himself otherwise he really wouldn't be able to bring in something to the crew with his own fighting strength (old pacifista at least, not the new stronger ones). His laser is a huge asset, I don't think a proper defense against it other than dodging actually exists as of now. He was actually able to bring down a wall sanji was not able to kick even with his insane strength. I guess he is somewhat handicapped in the technology department when compared to regular pacifista though, the others can spam their lasers while franky needs both hands to use his own. In terms of strength and gadgets he should be superior though and his metal general should be quite a beast. He was at least able to handle two of doflamingo's men on his own so he has to have a decent standing. Franky was able to hold his ground against base luffy back in ennies lobby however even that was not enough to actually make a monster quartette back in the day though. Franky's relative position in regards to the monster trio would have to improve in order for him to actually be able to form a quartette so to speak. IMO it is unlikely oda has any intention of changing the relative stand of the strawhats in regards to the others.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Precisely. After Rayleigh, and looking at all the other Pirate crews, I think First mate and Captain are shown to be a tier above the rest of the crew.
    Franky is just the shipwright and Sanji is just the cook.
    Whilst I acknowledge Franky isn't too far off from turning it into a Monster Quartet, At the same time, we are yet to see Zoro open his eye and its not confirmed he's become permanently half-blind.
    So it could be Zoro just handicapping himself until he is forced into a scenario where has to gotdamn use it.

We also haven't seen the crew in a serious brink of death situation in Part II yet which is where the Monster Trio notably gain great growth.
    I can't support my theory too strongly just yet, but after Sanji VS Vergo, I strongly anticipate a Monster Duo. instead of Monster Trio.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think oda will give up on monster trios just yet. He has shown a decent bit of them so far.

3 admirals
    luffy, zoro, sanji
    lucci, kaku, jyabura
    marco, jozu, vista(at least those 3 were the most prominent commanders)
    Oda has already said there was a guy named bronze in gold roger's crew. So we have gold, silver and bronze there.
    3 types of DF
    3 marine fortresses
    And so on...

I think oda has a thing for the number 3, plain and simple.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji to be extremely powerful, strong enough to give challenge to the admirals pre-war, if not win. I don't think it was ever stated outright that Luffy was stronger than Zoro or Sanji. Luffy was the only one who had a chance of beating Lucci because of his rubber abilities while Zoro stands better chance against Mihawk because he's a swordsman. I dunno who to compare Sanji to, but he has a killer kick and a great tanking ability and speed.

I expect some awesome stuff from Usopp. He's clever, he should be able to come up with cool ways to win and help SHP out like when they were going to and were in Fishman Island. Hell, he owned the fake Nami in a cool way with his plants. Frankie is just a mysterious robot, but he should have some more cool stuff than what he's shown.

I'm pretty interested in Robin and Nami's growht though, physically and combat-wise. Robin was able to do a bunshin, so I'm hoping she shows more than that. Nami's weapons and her intelligence should make her more dangerous, if not physically.

New Reply
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast