Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Translations with floating boxes - what is it called and where do I get more info?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Translations with floating boxes - what is it called and where do I get more info?

I'm interested in providing translations along with the original text. The best (and only) method I've found this far is the one used in some *booru sites (such as this in Gelbooru). However I didn't find any related posts from this forum. Perhaps I just don't the name of that technique. So I have some questions related to this.

- Is there a name for this?
    - Are there other similar but better techniques I might be interested in? (for example something working offline, or better targeted for whole mangas instead of single images)
    - What would be the simplest way for me to start translating this way? Simpler than setting up my own *booru.

Any other help or information is also greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alright, let me give myself a partial answer. At Booru I can set up my own Booru for free.

However the disadvantages are lack of multifile uploading and the lack of simple backup functionality.

So, still looking for help.
    Last edited by konoki; January 23, 2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply