Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I never got a "fun" vibe from Ino. No more than Sakura. I don't think Shika or Choji would ever think of her as being fun. She is basically yet another tsundere, albeit one who has now matured thanks to her character development during the war.

Because she is blonde and loud, I think fanfiction writers sometimes cast her as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. But in reality she is more of a blonde haired Sakura, without the tragic pre-teen love story. Ino seems like someone who would ruin everyone's fun more than add to it.

It stinks for Ino that the best guy for her is probably already taken in Shikamaru. He is the closest to her and they definitely have a dynamic similar to the one he has with Temari, but without the obvious flirtation. And the fanart/fanfiction also rocks. She just doesn't have any dynamic with Choji, and if she ends up with him, it will seem more forced to teach her a lesson about looking beyond physical appearances.

Poor Ino. Her Mr Rights were Mr. Wrongs(Sasuke and Sai) and the one guy for her will be with someone else. Ironically, the same thing might happen to her rival Sakura.
    That's actually exactly how I see her.

She's basically Sakura if you deduct a couple of IQ points add them to her common sense and then subtract all of the emotional baggage. Naruto and her would be the loudest couple in Konoha (possibly the world). And there's something to be said for the pure entertainment a pair of idiots like that could bring. Which just appeals to me more than the other options.

I find Hinata's boring because she has such a hard time stringing sentences together. Reading couples dialogue between her and Naruto would be like watching paint dry.

I find Sakura entertaining but the whole Sasuke thing gone far enough that it would cast an unpleasant shadow over a potential relationship with Naruto.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I can say about Sasuke x Hinata is the fanart is just beautiful. Way more than SasuSaku or NaruHina. They look great together. Which is probably why it is the most popular crack pairing in Naruto. Other than that, like every other crack pairing, there isn't much to say about it.
    It's the hair. Black hair and midnight blue are more complimentary than canary yellow with pink or midnight blue. It's a more traditional look, hence, realistic combination, plus you have that angtsy/mopey thing going for it.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Shikamaru and Temari are from different villages, this whole united war thing kinda means their on their way to being canon doesn't it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering Shikamaru and Temari are from different villages, this whole united war thing kinda means their on their way to being canon doesn't it.
    Given that Konoha and Suna have an alliance, there probably wasn't anything really stopping it before. It would actually make sense to have a marriage between two prominent shinobi from each village to cement their bonds.

But I thought during the war that Kishi could of used romance as a way to show the walls between the villages were crumbling. He did have a Kumo ninja write a love letter to Sakura and ask her out. Of course he was rejected because of her Sasuke thing. But outside of that there has been nothing. Crack fans never got their Neji x Samui, Shino x Kurotsuchi, or Kiba x Karui interaction.

If he does wish to show that the era of the villages being separate is over, then Shika and Temari is really the only couple he can do it with.

Hell, even if Kishi won't do pairings, I wouldn't be shocked if the anime just went and made ShikaTema, NaruHina, and other Naruto pairings canon without Kishi. Look at the recent filler episode where they added a whole strange flirtation and sort of romance between Omoi and Ameyuri Ringo(yes she was a girl) when they fought. Now Omoi has her swords and a girlfriend to look forward to in the afterlife. Kishi would NEVER have done that in the manga.
    Last edited by Jessie; November 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Shikamaru is from a prestigious clan with a Hiden jutsu wouldn't a girl from the Sand be taking things too far?
    Can't see Shikamura quitting being a Hidden Leaf nin.

I don't care for most romance in Naruto and let's face it, Kishi doesn't care too much either lol, but I was also expecting to have romantic hints flying across pages in this war.
    Surprised Kishi didn't use this chance. I was thinking we would see NejixTenten.
    I'm no good at guessing pairings at all in manga, but I predict those two.
    Not convinced with ShikaTema contrary to popular belief. Far from convinced with both NaruHina and NaruSaku too.
    This war hasn't furthered pairings at all lol.

I don't like the whole united villages thing though. I want them to stay divided haha.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official. Kishi's decided. Naruto X Hinata.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    It's official. Kishi's decided. Naruto X Hinata.

Spoiler show
    I bet Kishi pulled something of screen about Naruto & Hinata lol.
    Why else would Kiba say anything about Hinata (upon all he could have said he mentioned this lool).

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Why else would Kiba say anything about Hinata (upon all he could have said he mentioned this lool).
    They're perfect for each other. Forget Sakura...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Somewhere out there a Naruto clone got to third base.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only if he was doing a ménage à trois with Ino and Hinata. Well, now that I think about it...

Maybe Hinata was asking if he recovered from something else.
    Last edited by Brill; November 29, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Only if he was doing a ménage à trois with Ino and Hinata. Well, now that I think about it...

Maybe Hinata was asking if he recovered from something else.
    Now Naruto's "hell yeah" makes a lot more sense

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Neji and now Kiba ship NaruHina? I think Sai is for NaruSaku or at least he was. We need the other characters to declare their ships. Forget that giant one-eyed monster. This is more important.

Interesting that Kiba seems to be indicating a change in the dynamic. Hinata is the one who cares what Naruto thinks about her. Why would Kiba tease Naruto about acting cool in front of Hinata when Naruto never showed interest in her before? Acting cool in front of Sakura is something he would of been accused of. It is almost like we missed the part where Naruto started pursuing Hinata. If Naruto likes Hinata now then it is over. NH won.

Yet a lot of people are saying the recent Road to Ninja movie was very pro-NaruSaku. And Kishi had a major hand in it.

So I don't know what to think. There is still a chance Sakura assumes the Rin role given the parallels between Obito and Naruto. But the manga is definitely moving toward NaruHina with these constant ship teases.

And oh yeah, Temari back with Shikamaru! Maybe Kishi is finally willing to wrap up these ships after the war and make the fans happy.
    Last edited by Jessie; November 29, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regret's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that Kiba seems to be indicating a change in the dynamic. Hinata is the one who cares what Naruto thinks about her. Why would Kiba tease Naruto about acting cool in front of Hinata when Naruto never showed interest in her before? Acting cool in front of Sakura is something he would of been accused of. It is almost like we missed the part where Naruto started pursuing Hinata. If Naruto likes Hinata now then it is over. NH won.
    I feel like that was a call back to the last time they saw Naruto when he defended Hinata and praised her. Given how Kiba seemed to tease Hinata about her feelings, more so in the anime, it only makes sense for him to run with it here. Regardless of how Naruto feels it wouldn't surprise me if Kiba did try to push things in Hinata's direction as any good friend might do.
    Last edited by Regret; November 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

O fragments of light, strike down mine enemy!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll wait for an official translation before we start saying anything. Some of these translators take a few too many liberties to push their favorite pairings and ideas forward.

Saying that, Naruto is too fucking stupid to take a hint, and until he shows some kind of attraction to melon tits, he's still gay for Sasuke.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto likes Hinata now then it is over. NH won
    I think that was absolutely obvious when Kishimoto decided to throw Sakura's character in the garbage.

New Reply
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast