Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Choji cannot use his butterfly mode all the time. The whole point of Choji is that he is fat and has a big heart. See his father Choza? That is what Choji is going to look like. Even skinny Choji isn't that attractive. If Ino cannot accept that and look beyond Choji's appearence, then she hasn't progressed as a character.
    What?
    Ino is pretty much depicted as a babe more or less.
    So her not wanting to settle with an ugly fatass means she hasn't progressed as a character?
    Not fair at all.
    She as progressed as a character from what we've seen. In terms of love interests she is just as pathetic as Sakura is.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RandomShikafan's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

24 hour rule in full effect.

Well, in this manga it would of been a little odd for a 16 and 19 year old to get married. But it was the exact same scene that served no other purpose than to remind readers of Asuma and Kurenai.
    Nobody's asking for marriage.

T
    Quote Quote:
    o be fair, Temari was barely included even in her own family's drama. During her team's arc, she was basically written out of it. During the the Kage Summit Arc, she did very little. And during the war, she stood in the background, with her own father never even noticing she was there.

Her relationship with Shikamaru is the only thing that allows her character to develop. Otherwise she is just Gaara's sister.

And I never expected Temari to be there at those important events for Shikamau. Let me repeat this. Kishi SUCKS at romance. He writes about the bonds between family, friends, and students and their teachers. He never would of written that.
    You are remembering wrong. Temari didn't do anything fighting in the Gaara Retrieval Arc arc. Her Gaara's relationship with her siblings was given focus. And by her relationship with Shikamaru is the only thing that allows her develop, what I assume you mean is, her character hasn't developed since Part 2 started. Well that's hardly unique to Temari. Plenty of characters have that problem. And Kishimoto may suck at romance as he does suck at writing a great many things in this manga, if something happens it should be developed. Someone like Shikamaru, who the manga has gone to great lengths to develop and explore onscreen shouldn't get Asuma's side-character excuse.

Quote Quote:
    Choji cannot use his butterfly mode all the time. The whole point of Choji is that he is fat and has a big heart. See his father Choza? That is what Choji is going to look like. Even skinny Choji isn't that attractive. If Ino cannot accept that and look beyond Choji's appearence, then she hasn't progressed as a character.
    What? Ino likes fit guys, she doesn't like fat guys. She stated as much. She shouldn't have to flipflop what she's attracted too for Choji's sake.
    Last edited by RandomShikafan; December 27, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's official. NaruHina is Canon.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

24 hour rule in full effect.

Well, in this manga it would of been a little odd for a 16 and 19 year old to get married. But it was the exact same scene that served no other purpose than to remind readers of Asuma and Kurenai.

Let me repeat this. Kishi SUCKS at romance. He writes about the bonds between family, friends, and students and their teachers. He never would of written that.
    Naruto, Sakura, Lee, Ino, Hinata, Jiraiya, Obito, Rin, Nagato, Minato and Kushina ALL expressed clear romantic interest in their love interests at a younger age then Shikamaru is now. If Kishi wants someone to be in love, they're in love. Most of these characters (As in every last one of 'm save Naruto) have not gotten the kind of focus and development Shikamaru has had in Part 2. If Kishi wanted him to be in love with Temari, he'd have let us know by now. We get nothing. It's not something Kishi is working on.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

615 chapters and we see our first hand-hold. Maybe they'll goto the movies next.
    Last edited by Brill; December 28, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

8. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandomShikafan View Post
    If Kishi wanted him to be in love with Temari, he'd have let us know by now. We get nothing. It's not something Kishi is working on.
    Really? It is chapter 615 and we finally saw two characters holding hands. I can assure you that Kishi wasn't working on NaruHina either given how small a role Hinata had. If two months ago someone said we'd see a chapter like 615, people would of laughed and claimed it was out of some bad NH fanfiction. But Kishi is now in fanservice mode. So expect him to finish couples like SasuSaku and ShikaTema. Something he might not have been willing to do a couple of years ago.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? It is chapter 615 and we finally saw two characters holding hands. I can assure you that Kishi wasn't working on NaruHina either given how small a role Hinata had. If two months ago someone said we'd see a chapter like 615, people would of laughed and claimed it was out of some bad NH fanfiction. But Kishi is now in fanservice mode. So expect him to finish couples like SasuSaku and ShikaTema. Something he might not have been willing to do a couple of years ago.
    But Kishi isn't inventing anything here, he's regurgitating. Hinata supporting Naruto duing a period of self-doubt is just like the moments before the chunnin battle between Neji and Naruto. Kishi's not putting alot of effort to bring the two together-that work was done in previous chapters. That's not the same case for Shikamaru and Temari. Work is needed for that setup to work. All Temari and Shikamaru have done is fought each other and passed barbs to each other. A little more effort would be required to pull that off and may easily be beyond Kishi's abilites.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    But Kishi isn't inventing anything here, he's regurgitating. Hinata supporting Naruto duing a period of self-doubt is just like the moments before the chunnin battle between Neji and Naruto. Kishi's not putting alot of effort to bring the two together-that work was done in previous chapters. That's not the same case for Shikamaru and Temari. Work is needed for that setup to work. All Temari and Shikamaru have done is fought each other and passed barbs to each other. A little more effort would be required to pull that off and may easily be beyond Kishi's abilites.
    In the truth for Shikamaru-Temaru you are forgotten that even if we did not see it, they encounter each other even to the chunin exam.

Regarding what you said about Naruto-Hina I agree with you only partially, infact is it true that in the last few chapters Kishimoto has built the foundations of it, but in this chapter ended the work (in the truth I believe that we will see other moments between them in this war and even after it).

Anyways I agree with you that Hinata did in this chapter was the same that she did the same that what she did immediately before of the battle between Neji and Naruto, even if now Naruto is aware of Hinata's feeling for him (infact to tell you the truth I was sure since that moment that Naruto and Hinata would ended together, since Naruto said that "He likes girls like her").

I even believe that when Naruto said that Hinata saved him two time, immediately after that Naruto saved Hinata from the clones of Zetzu, one of the two (the second obviously agaisnt Pain) was indeed it, because Hinata's words about the "proud failure" give him the courage against Neji and win (and this was really important, because I believe that if he would lose against Neji he would became depressed and the things would completely changed.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hinata has managed to raise Hinata from being down in the dump lke this twice in the past already. Yes, I wouldn't have believed Naruto giving up and letting the Akatsuki have it's way upon Neji's death like he has done here but as far as NaruHina, this is the result of at least minor build up. And as far as romantic interest goes, it's still completely onesided. The side we have been aware of since chapter 39.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandomShikafan View Post
    Hinata has managed to raise Hinata from being down in the dump lke this twice in the past already. Yes, I wouldn't have believed Naruto giving up and letting the Akatsuki have it's way upon Neji's death like he has done here but as far as NaruHina, this is the result of at least minor build up. And as far as romantic interest goes, it's still completely onesided. The side we have been aware of since chapter 39.
    Uh... no, it's probably not anymore.

Naruto might not have totally given up on Sakura, but it's pretty clear that he also have feelings for Hinata.
    He even said that it was thanks to her, that she was always by his side, that he made it that far, or soemthing like that...
    (Unless he was talking about everyone and not just her... would need to see the raw to confirm)
    Last edited by THM Nindo; December 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to see the fallout from 615.

NaruSaku fans are all over the place. The devoted are even more hardcore now. Hate Hinata with a passion and want her dead. And question whether Kishi has lost his mind. But some have jumped off the NS ship. Others seem in denial that chapter 615 even took place.

They are right to point out that Naruto hasn't told Hinata he loves her yet, but no question their ship took a major hit and is taking water.

NaruHina fans are still in ecstasy. And you can't really blame them. They never imagined they would get a chapter like 615. Instead of being a patient love, they now expect and demand NH to be canon within the next 20 chapters.

SasuSaku fans feel Kishi has made his decision with NH and their pairing is inevitable.

SasuNaru fans know where the real love story in the manga lies.

The rest are hoping Kishi continues his fanservice mode and wraps up some more pairings. Except for the NejiTen and NejiHina fans, who are still angry.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

NaruSaku fans are all over the place. The devoted are even more hardcore now. Hate Hinata with a passion and want her dead. And question whether Kishi has lost his mind. But some have jumped off the NS ship. Others seem in denial that chapter 615 even took place.

They are right to point out that Naruto hasn't told Hinata he loves her yet, but no question their ship took a major hit and is taking water.

NaruHina fans are still in ecstasy. And you can't really blame them. They never imagined they would get a chapter like 615. Instead of being a patient love, they now expect and demand NH to be canon within the next 20 chapters.

SasuSaku fans feel Kishi has made his decision with NH and their pairing is inevitable.

The rest are hoping Kishi continues his fanservice mode and wraps up some more pairings. Except for the NejiTen and NejiHina fans, who are still angry.
    With that said, I really enjoy the bickering of the parties involved.
    I'm fine with Naruto ending up with any girl.
    SasuNaru fangirls I hate with a passion.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a SasuNaru shipper
    I accept NaruHina very well.

I mean, Sasuke is very anti-social. I can see him being a third wheel.
    But that would only happen if Sasuke doesn't die.

Right now i believe he dies, but gives his eyes to Naruto before.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well they could get their wish. Either girl could die in the next chapter. I mean what is Sakura doing besides getting hit in the head with rocks or being wisked away from impending impalement. Hinata could get easily skewered in the next chapter as well. The only one who shouldn't die is Naruto, everyone else is fair game. Hinata does not have plot armor and Sakura can die just like anyone else.

The real issue is what have NaruSaku fans been reading fo the last 350 chapters because their case has gone nowhere during that time. Even with the actions of 615 it's not decisive. NaruHina fans have claimed that there is something between Naruto and Hinata, Naruto reinforced that with his statements in 615, but that doesn't mean he loves her.

The reality is that either girl could have been the support for Naruto in 615. Kishi went Hinata since that is basically her job description, but he could have easily gone wtih Sakura as well. But since he didn't NaruSaku has nowhere to go. The one moment it did have was taken away by Hinata. It's finished. Time to move onto the next manga.
    Last edited by Brill; January 02, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised by the varied shipping reaction to NarutoXHinata being essentially confirmed, and as far as I'm concerned that's what happened (It's a done deal.) Chapter 615 did not sell it well at all.

"Naruto's hand is.. so big.. so manly..but more importantly..it makes me feel safe."

To everyone I have disagreed with who said Kishi can't right romance, I am sorry. You were right and I was wrong. I mean, good lord. He's gotta be able to do better than that. Goodreads tells me I read 25077 pages this year(mostly from trashy novels) and I'm not exaggerating when I say that is the worst romantic line I have read all year; and it's not close. Nothing else is even in the same ballpark.

It was almost good. She almost was "strong" and everything else she needed to be to sell her character to people like me who weren't fans of hers going in. The last few chapters had been going very very well. Then 615 came along and brought with it a level of cornyness and cheese I've seldom seen.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 02, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

New Reply
Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast