Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Sorry pal, but rock lee will do everything he can to save sakura from that miserable life.
    Can you imagine what beasts their kids would be? Like seriously, they could punch through the planet. Alas, destiny has concluded that it will never happen. Lee never caught the last leaf. He saved a squirrel instead, that prince. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Hitting someone everytime he does a thing isn't "keeping in check", is being a b*tch imo
    Its the one part of Sakura's character that I loathe
    Awww...we know it's not her fault!
    Poor Sakura. It's that terrible 'modern slapstick' convention where the gals smack the crap out of the guys and it's supposed to be funny, but it really just makes everyone in the audience uncomfortable in various ways.
    I don't like it, myself. I mean, it should be like the Mack Sennett/Buster Keaton genre where it's egalitarian and everyone smacks the crap out of everyone with ladders and things, regardless of gender, and it's truly beautiful.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitting someone everytime he does a thing isn't "keeping in check", is being a b*tch imo

She did last chapter actually, pimp-slap him to get him in place.
    Well, she does hit him when he's being an idiot, like when he mentioned how bowled over he was by Rock Lee's intellect. Not always, but sometimes. :|

I'm not sure if Hinata did pimpslap him though. Her hand was still on his face, so it was probably a slaptap. D:

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    Awww...we know it's not her fault!
    Poor Sakura. It's that terrible 'modern slapstick' convention where the gals smack the crap out of the guys and it's supposed to be funny, but it really just makes everyone in the audience uncomfortable in various ways.
    I know, rite?
    Japanese people have the strangest obsessions and stereotypes, expecially in mangas.
    Sakura fails at being tsundere though, plain and simple. When Rukia abuses Ichigo, I believe its unbelievably cute

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomerwedgies View Post
    I don't like it, myself. I mean, it should be like the Mack Sennett/Buster Keaton genre where it's egalitarian and everyone smacks the crap out of everyone with ladders and things, regardless of gender, and it's truly beautiful.

Naruto smacking Sakura would probably be the wet-dream of 90% of the fanbase.
    I remember people cheering for Sasuke when he was about to kill her

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Well, she does hit him when he's being an idiot, like when he mentioned how bowled over he was by Rock Lee's intellect. Not always, but sometimes. :|

I'm not sure if Hinata did pimpslap him though. Her hand was still on his face, so it was probably a slaptap. D:
    The only legit time I remember Sakura hitting Naruto is when the latter was about to eat the offerings in front of Zabuza and Haku's graves.
    I mean I would slap someone too if he, say, would use a cross on a grave like a guitar.

Always remember Hinata was the kind of girl that fainted when Naruto was around, slapping him its a gargantuan step forward

5. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that she slap him, I think that she stroked him.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure Naruto's into that, well that and a forehead fetish.

Speaking of that, not sure of any other tsundere who haven't/won't end up with the main hero.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura a Tsundere?! Surely you jest. As for a tsundere who doesn't get the guy just look at my avatar.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't Sakura considered one? Thought for sure she was.

And forgot about Kallen, though technically she only lost out because he died. Sakura got overtaken by another girl.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sai might end up with ino...
    tenten with lee..
    shikamaru with temari..
    sasuke just pimping around..
    naruto with hinata..
    sakura with nobody..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post

Speaking of that, not sure of any other tsundere who haven't/won't end up with the main hero.
    Spoiler show

I can actually see this pairing working.
    Last edited by shahdan; January 07, 2013 at 07:52 PM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto will cry before being in heaven..lol.. the boy that cry after sex.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post

lol those first chapters were awkward as hell, I wonder what kind of childhood Kishimoto had to draw something like that

And tsunderes usually don't get the main hero, they are the side character that the watchers like to see and so usually is among the most popular characters.
    Its actually pretty difficult to see a real tsundere as main heroine, even Rukia isn't much like one

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Sakura a Tsundere?! Surely you jest. As for a tsundere who doesn't get the guy just look at my avatar.
    Pretty sure someone who hits others to mask her own feeling while poorly denying them is a tsundere.
    Unless my otaku knowledge completely failed me ( and I did say she fails at it )

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol those first chapters were awkward as hell, I wonder what kind of childhood Kishimoto had to draw something like that

And tsunderes usually don't get the main hero, they are the side character that the watchers like to see and so usually is among the most popular characters.
    Its actually pretty difficult to see a real tsundere as main heroine, even Rukia isn't much like one

Pretty sure someone who hits others to mask her own feeling while poorly denying them is a tsundere.
    Unless my otaku knowledge completely failed me ( and I did say she fails at it )
    Tsunderes are usually emotionally reserved or cold girls who gradually show their softer side. It is true that a lot of current shows have tsunderes punching guys, but that doesn't make you tsundere. Sakura is a normal girl with emotional highs and lows, she's not a tsundere. The closest one to tsundere of Naruto's cast is Temari. If she showed a more feminie side, she'd be tsundere.

There are a few tsundere who get the main guy. Saber in Fate/Stay Night is one, as is Shana in Shakugan no Shana, ReaL in Ergo Proxy. It can be done.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

What i don't get is how can Naruto just take that shit? We all know Naruto can own her easy... I mean its not like its a frendly slap... Its a damn punch that can crack walls.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RandomShikafan View Post
    Hinata has managed to raise Hinata from being down in the dump lke this twice in the past already. Yes, I wouldn't have believed Naruto giving up and letting the Akatsuki have it's way upon Neji's death like he has done here but as far as NaruHina, this is the result of at least minor build up. And as far as romantic interest goes, it's still completely onesided. The side we have been aware of since chapter 39.
    I agree with you, that hinata's love might still be one-sided. However, this time it felt like Naruto chose.He is, without doubt, still in love with Sakura. And when he had the chance to have her, he rejected her. He loves Sakura, but sometimes love just doesn't work out for you. No matter how dense Naruto is, he is aware of Sakura's feelings for Sasuke, and Naruto isn't the type of guy who want's to be second in someones heart. He has chosen Hinata by now, and that doesn't mean he love her, yet. But if he has chosen to have her by his side, with time, he will probably love her. This is what i think of the NaruHina pairing. I always liked Hinatas character, but I kind of thought Naruto would end up with Sakura. But now has he not only once, but twice, shown that he will do otherwise. Not because he 'loves' hinata more than sakura, but because Hinata loves him more than sakura does. In the end, a NaruSaku pair will in be filled with pain. Those two won't ever be able to love each other, without being reminded of Sasuke. It wont ever be Naruto x Sakura. It will always be Naruto x Sakura x Sasuke. That's why I believe Naruto chose not to try being with Sakura, when she gave him the chance. Because he know it won't ever work. So I agree with NaruSaku fans; They might do love each other, but sometimes, love doesn't always work out.
    In this case, it doesn't. So naruto has chosen Hinata, because she loves him with her whole heart, and it will work out and it won't be painful for him to be with hinata.

This is at least the way i look at it. I've been believeing this ever since Naruto rejected Sakura, chapter 615 just proves my theory even more.

And after all, Hinatas 'purpose' in the whole manga was, in fact, loving naruto.
    When she was introduced, she was the blushing/obviously-in-love/ and shy girl.
    Ever since, all her screen time have been about her love for naruto.
    She was created to love naruto. Kishimoto created her to love naruto.
    I think, as the authour, that when you create such characters, you start to like them a lot and want them to success. And since Naruto is so dragged out, and NaruSaku seems impossible (*cough* and naruhina has more fans *cough* ) he just finally made Hinata get the man she wanted, the person she loves, the whole thing her character is about.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one slightly surprised at Tenten's reaction to Neji's death?
    Or "Lack of" reaction should I say.
    Always thought those two were set in stone which is why Romance in Shounen annoys me. I've never guessed 'em correctly.

New Reply
Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast