Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Am I the only one slightly surprised at Tenten's reaction to Neji's death?
    Or "Lack of" reaction should I say.
    Always thought those two were set in stone which is why Romance in Shounen annoys me. I've never guessed 'em correctly.
    Why? I am a huge NejiTen fan, but unlike with ShikaTema or NaruHina, knew there was nothing in canon to hint with them. They were the two good looking people on Team Gai, so fans paired them. It was always a long shot they would ever get together in canon.

So given there was nothing between them, Tenten's reaction was appropriate to care more about Lee at that point. Given the way the Rock Lee SD is going, LeeTen is likely the pairing.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always being a big fan of LeeXTenten, since the beginning.

Ever since I saw this look (bottom-left corner):
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v27/c238/13.html

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Why? I am a huge NejiTen fan, but unlike with ShikaTema or NaruHina, knew there was nothing in canon to hint with them. They were the two good looking people on Team Gai, so fans paired them. It was always a long shot they would ever get together in canon.

So given there was nothing between them, Tenten's reaction was appropriate to care more about Lee at that point. Given the way the Rock Lee SD is going, LeeTen is likely the pairing.
    Actually I can't agree with a part of that.
    If somebody from your team dies how could you not be hurt?

I was stunned and pretty much lost respect for the whole of Gai excluding Lee. You've been friends with this guy for so long and you take his death so casually??
    Ridiculous.
    And Kishimoto killing off Neji has pretty much damaged NarutoSD as a manga now. With somebody from the main cast now gone I hope it just ends.

Gai is all about emotion, then his student dies in front of him and he is emotionless?

I think Tenten and Gai's lack of reaction just helped Neji die a dog's death.
    For once I hope the anime milks it to make the death look better and give Neji's character some shreds of respect.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but who's the unprofessional ninja here. It's Lee. You're not supposed to cry when a comrade dies. Lee's very passionate but also very immature. Lee was supposed to behave like TenTen and Gai, but failed to do so. They aren't soulless, they just keep the grief inside. As for pairing LeeTen isn't going to happen. Lee is like Ino stuck on a person where it's never going to give htem the light of day.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it really surprises me that tenten just said *lee*, instead of could this happened nejiiiiii.. and most of you hit the point, lee and tenten, something is there between them.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Lee is like Ino stuck on a person where it's never going to give htem the light of day.
    Kishi destroyed Ino. She is getting all this great development like Shika and Choji and then he has her think of Sasuke. SASUKE!

Ino needs to speak to that Manti T'eo guy abut fictional love interests. It makes Ino look pathetic. There are guys just as hot and much better people than Sasuke.

I think this also means Choji has zero chance with her. Why would Choji want some idiot who can't get over a guy she never interacted with and almost lead to the death of her two teammates?

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Actually I can't agree with a part of that.
    If somebody from your team dies how could you not be hurt?

I was stunned and pretty much lost respect for the whole of Gai excluding Lee. You've been friends with this guy for so long and you take his death so casually??
    Ridiculous.
    And Kishimoto killing off Neji has pretty much damaged NarutoSD as a manga now. With somebody from the main cast now gone I hope it just ends.

Gai is all about emotion, then his student dies in front of him and he is emotionless?

I think Tenten and Gai's lack of reaction just helped Neji die a dog's death.
    For once I hope the anime milks it to make the death look better and give Neji's character some shreds of respect.
    They will cry... but only when the war is done.
    Now, is not the time to cry! They are still on the battlefield.

That's as simple as that.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

WHY IS INO STILL INTERESTED IN SASUKE? WHAT THE FUUUUCK?

At least Sakura was on the same team with Sasuke and knew him longer. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post

At least Sakura was on the same team with Sasuke and knew him longer. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?
    It holds the same logic as sakura still being into him after attempted murder. But I agree, it irks me too. Man, Hinata lucked out

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually think Ino makes more sense, since she didn't have to deal with his attitude as much and never had him attempt to murder her. For her, he's just some cute jerk, and we know how the girls love jerks.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bloomerwedgies's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    .. and most of you hit the point, lee and tenten, something is there between them.
    I've shipped that one since the beginning.

Kishi destroyed Ino. She is getting all this great development like Shika and Choji and then he has her think of Sasuke. SASUKE!
    Ino needs to speak to that Manti T'eo guy abut fictional love interests. It makes Ino look pathetic. There are guys just as hot and much better people than Sasuke.
    I think this also means Choji has zero chance with her. Why would Choji want some idiot who can't get over a guy she never interacted with and almost lead to the death of her two teammates?
    Yet another instance of Kishimoto letting us down in the female character department. Seriously...does he get all of his inspiration for girl characters from 19th century "ladies magazines" written by bitter old dudes hiding behind pen names? Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    They will cry... but only when the war is done.
    Now, is not the time to cry! They are still on the battlefield.
    That's as simple as that.
    Very much! I agree, I don't think they should be considered cold or uncaring, rather...the fact that they're holding their sadness inside for now doesn't meant that they're not grieving.

I have to say that I must mourn for Kishimoto, if he is in any way basing his female characters on his life experience; evidently he has somehow managed to never, in his entire life, ever meet (or envision) even one single girl who could move on from/grow to womanhood without being indelibly hung up on her childhood crush. Otherwise, he would certainly write his female characters differently. Wouldn't he? Ah...never mind. I just made myself sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    we know how the girls love jerks.
    Oh, now...not all the girls, surely?

16. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Actually think Ino makes more sense, since she didn't have to deal with his attitude as much and never had him attempt to murder her. For her, he's just some cute jerk, and we know how the girls love jerks.
    Pretty much how it works in teen life.
    In this series excluding Hinata so far.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe we should make a distinction here. Ino has gotten a lot of good face time recently, but she hasn't had a lot of character development. Yes, Ino and her dad had a nice faewell mind chat and she's done well in the Ino Shila Cho formations so her coolness factor has risen in the eyse of many. But how much do we know about Ino outside the Team 10 identity. She helps run a fkower shop and all her other developemnt stems from Sakura. She's Sakura friend and rival in love. Of those three identities two were protrayed as her "development" in her father's eyes (ie. Kishi's) and it's true. Ino character wasn't destroyed it was portayed as it was. Face it, we know very little about these characters outside their team identities from the manga.
    Last edited by Brill; January 20, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the thing about that.

The way it's written it makes little to no sense that Ino or Sakura would still like Sasuke much. He's a huuuuge asshole. But if they didn't like him Naruto would by all by his lonesome in being obsessed with the prick and it would be even harder to defend his longtime state of Sasuke-apoligism. As things stand Naruto at the very least isn't alone. I think Ino, Sakura, and all the other Sasuke fangirls are a shallow attempt make him seem "worth saving" in the eyes of the greater Narutoverse so Naruto isn't just doing this for himself. If it was just Naruto, it would seem that Naruto has more loyalty to Sasuke than he is to everybody else; despite them being much more deserving of that loyalty.

Essentially, I think, it's poor characterization put in there to attempt to compensate for a forced plot point that just doesn't make a lot of sense.(we've gotten a lot of that in the last 2 arcs)
    Last edited by Jammin; January 20, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

20. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I believe we should make a distinction here. Ino has gotten a lot of good face time recently, but she hasn't had a lot of character development. Yes, Ino and her dad had a nice faewell mind chat and she's done well in the Ino Shila Cho formations so her coolness factor has risen in the eyse of many. But how much do we know about Ino outside the Team 10 identity. She helps run a fkower shop and all her other developemnt stems from Sakura. She's Sakura friend and rival in love. Of those three identities two were protrayed as her "development" in her father's eyes (ie. Kishi's) and it's true. Ino character wasn't destroyed it was portayed as it was. Face it, we know very little about these characters outside their team identities from the manga.
    I am not saying she is anywhere near the level of a Shikamaru in terms of character development. There is a HUGE difference between them. We don't know Ino like we do a Shika, Gaara, or Kakashi.

But from what do know of Ino, her still liking Sasuke makes zero sense given who he is and the fact they have nothing to do with each other. Kishi has tried to portray her the past couple of years as a strong and rational girl who deeply cares about Shika and Choji. The girl who along with Shika, helped Choji overcome his weakness during the Zombie Asuma fight. Someone who would of gotten over Sasuke years ago and noticed there were always way better guys in Konoha. But nope, Kishi wants her to also remain a shallow silly Sasuke fangirl; which destroys her character. Ino cannot have an ending with Sasuke like Hinata can with Naruto, so Kishi should of had her move on. Sasuke probably thought of Shikamaru more than Ino.

When fans hated Ino, it was because they saw her as nothing more than a Sasuke fangirl. When they like Ino, it is because of Ino-Shika-Cho. So Kishi then develops her a little and makes Team 10 the most important team outside of Team 7. He strengthens her bonds with her team.

Everything was perfect, but Kishi can't resist when it comes to his darling Sasuke. So poor Ino gets to be the fool again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Here's the thing about that.

The way it's written it makes little to no sense that Ino or Sakura would still like Sasuke much. He's a huuuuge asshole. But if they didn't like him Naruto would by all by his lonesome in being obsessed with the prick and it would be even harder to defend his longtime state of Sasuke-apoligism. As things stand Naruto at the very least isn't alone. I think Ino, Sakura, and all the other Sasuke fangirls are a shallow attempt make him seem "worth saving" in the eyes of the greater Narutoverse so Naruto isn't just doing this for himself. If it was just Naruto, it would seem that Naruto has more loyalty to Sasuke than he is to everybody else; despite them being much more deserving of that loyalty.

Essentially, I think, it's poor characterization put in there to attempt to compensate for a forced plot point that just doesn't make a lot of sense.(we've gotten a lot of that in the last 2 arcs)
    I understand. He used Ino the same way during the Kage Summit Arc when she cried over Sasuke and apparently threatened to even kill over him. Basically he sacrificed her character to tie Sasuke to the K11 beyond Team 7. It was ridiculous then and even more ridiculous now.

But Kishi cannot pretend she is the same as Sakura and Karin. I can at least understand their love for him, as silly as it may be. They interacted with him. They were by his side. They know him. Sasuke somewhat acknowledged them. Hell, plenty of my friends love jerks. So I get it. But Ino hasn't the first clue about Sasuke. To Sasuke, Ino is the same as Tenten or Hinata. Just a Konoha girl. That is what makes it so pathetic. Kishi just made her the biggest dope in Naruto. And once again made girls out to be complete idiots.

Getting over her minor crush in Sasuke is what Ino should of done to show her maturity. If Kishi wants to talk about love with Ino, than pair her with Choji, who is the complete opposite of Sasuke. Yeah, he is fat. But he also isn't a complete asshat. Even though I would hate it because of Temari, pair her with Shika. He is good looking and has some Sasuke qualities. But not the bad ones. Even an out of nowhere thing with Shino would have been more preferable than dragging her back to Part1.

He did something good with Hinata and ruined it with Ino. I fear what will happen with Sakura and Karin.
    Last edited by Jessie; January 20, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast