Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

Does anyone else think that Sasuke got the shot end of the stick when it comes to the abilities he's gain from the Sage of Six Paths?

look at Naruto's list of abilities; almost every advanced chakra type, flight, truth seeking balls, a Sealing tech, and Healing powers, along with whatever else the 9 bijuu can give Naruto.

While Sasuke on the other hand only got one Rinnegan only used for teleportion, black lightning, and a new susanoo with wings. These abilities do make Sasuke more hax, but I really don't believe he could out hax Naruto.

I kinda wish Sasuke could of gotten some kind of Human size Susanoo armor with black wings to even this out.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Hagoromo give Naruto better powers then Sasuke?

A lot of what Naruto's shown has far more to do with the fact that he's running on nine bijuu than Hagoromo's gift. Naruto got some overly ridiculous healing ability, the truthseekers, and flight. Sasuke got a Rinnegan and the insight it offers, an across the board upgrade to his ninjutsu so far, and a pretty useful S/T jutsu. I don't think it's significantly superior, but it's just that the bijuu are pretty useful, Naruto was pretty monstrous even before his upgrade, and he's found himself in situations that give him an opportunity to shine.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

frankly i can't see it, from my point of view hagoromo didn't give naruto anything he only improved what he already had, another way of viewing it is if you're playing a game and you have a character current skill set for example on 100/300 you moved the cursor and set it to 300/300 and it gave your characters new abilities which are basically improved version of what the character had,sasuke on the other hand got brand new sets of senju skll and combined with the uchiha skill is created a whole new skill which none of the ppl before him had(let's face it not even kaguya had that same eye)what seem dissapointing in sasuke powers is duo the fact that we already saw early versions of it in other characters like the perfect genjutsu of shuisi and the dimensions of obito and the perfect susanoo of madara, while naruto none of his older reincartions powers were fully seen we just know that hashirama had awesome healing powers but we didn't see it and we know that mostlikly ashura had all of the bijuu too but we only got 1 picture of it nothing concrete http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/670/19
    that's why in my opinion it's sasuke who received the most but it doesn't look that way cause naruto powers weren't spoiled early on.
    i can't shake the idea that sasuke seriously need to hit the gym(sort of speak) and actually train and improve his skills other before him hit awesome levels while he keep getting fed his strength
    Last edited by Arbalest; July 17, 2014 at 05:14 PM.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see it that way at all.

Sasuke gain the ability to use Senjutsu without need the prep time, flight through perfect suasanoo, the insight of Rinnegan, combine with sharingan and one of the most hax S/T jutsu shown, with a huge chakra reserve.. The sage took away all of Sasukes' weakness... And that's just all we know so far.

Sasuke doesn't need more elements, because he has three. He doesn't need more jutsu cause he has a tone of them... No offense, but to me,Current Sasuke is a combination of EMS Sasuke and Minato with better Senjutsu, S/T, and more chakra. The guy is ready.
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; July 17, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I don't see it that way at all.

Sasuke gain the ability to use Senjutsu without need the prep time, flight through perfect suasanoo, the insight of Rinnegan, combine with sharingan and one of the most hax S/T jutsu shown.. The sage took away all of Sasukes' weakness... And that's just all we know so far.

Sasuke doesn't need more elements, because he has three. He doesn't need more jutsu cause he has a tone of them... No offense, but to me,Current Sasuke is a combination of EMS Sasuke and Minato with better Senjutsu and S/T. The guy is ready.
    Yeah and Naruto's like the Blue-eyes white dragon card from yu-gi-oh. You just never know when or what shit he'll pull out and wreak havoc with. Naruto has all elements within him via Bijuu chakra. He can also cover distances at the same speed Sasuke and Minato teleport (evidence with him versus raikage, and him versus the bijuu when obito unleashed them on him, kakashi and Gai).

Minato is naturally fast even without his senjutsu. Sasuke's speed got amped up to Minato-status, where he pretty much becomes a human Kunai. Before the Sage's upgrade all Sasuke had in speed was Shunshin.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKing888 View Post
    and a new susanoo with wings
    That's not new.

Anyway, I don't think there is much of a difference beetween Naruto and Sasuke now, they have been fighting at the same level against Madara/Kaguya.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also of the opinion that the last upgrade Sasuke got was not that impressive compared to what Naruto got. I am not referring here just to his "gift" from the sage but the upgrade both got as they awakened from "death". Naruto got more then the sages gift. The way I see it Sasuke got the proverbial short end of the stick in this case....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I am also of the opinion that the last upgrade Sasuke got was not that impressive compared to what Naruto got. I am not referring here just to his "gift" from the sage but the upgrade both got as they awakened from "death". Naruto got more then the sages gift. The way I see it Sasuke got the proverbial short end of the stick in this case....
    That's the problem here, Sasuke didn't get any other upgrade. So naruto didn't get more from the sage, but more in general from the Bijuu.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudobito's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone believe that? Naruto clearly said that he could sense the other half of the Sage's power.( i.e ; in Sasuke )
    The Sage had two different powers ;
    1. The Rinnegan
    2. Six Paths Sage Technique or you may just call that Rikudou Senjutsu ( a power which he gained once he became the Jinchūriki for the Jūbi. )

As you know, Hagoromo splitted his power equally between Naruto & Sasuke. The keywords are other half & equally, obviously meaning that Naruto & Sasuke received the same portion/amount of power from Hagoromo but I know that it does not totally answer your question.

Naruto :
    Spoiler show

Sasuke :
    Spoiler show

Naruto can cooperate with his Bijuus to create new techniques which have monstruous amounts of DC and with his Truth-Seeking Balls, he has most probably the best defence in the manga unless he's combatting someone who imbues his techniques with Senjutsu. Sasuke has retained his Sharingan abilities but Kabuto indeed gave Sasuke, Hashirama's cells to accelerate his recovery, so maybe Sasuke will be able to use Mokuton in the near future & he may gain access to Hashirama's healing prowess.

Furthermore about Sasuke even without having to use his Rinnegan, Hagoromo's chakra gave him such a tremendous boost in his natural capabilities that even Hebi Sasuke would easily pale into comparison when it comes to whatever domain such as Taijutsu and Ninjutsu, Sasuke without even having to use his Rinnegan would babyshake Hebi Sasuke. His Chidori Sharp Spear Blade was capable of easily slicing through Madara during the time he was a Jinchūriki for the Jūbi.

To conclude, I must say that it depends on your point of view. Personally, I favour Naruto's powers, but that does not mean that his power > Sasuke's. It solely depends on your perception of the matter.
    Last edited by Rikudobito; July 18, 2014 at 08:57 AM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the major problems I have with Sasuke's powers is that he's showing limitations with his eye powers. his teleportation has a range limit, he has to close his eye when not in use.

Naruto on the other hand is a sea of Chakra, where is his limit? 9 bijuus and plus his own advance Senjutsu Chakra. I believe Naruto can still beat Sasuke where you compare all their upgrades.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the major problems I have with Sasuke's powers is that he's showing limitations with his eye powers. his teleportation has a range limit, he has to close his eye when not in use.

Naruto on the other hand is a sea of Chakra, where is his limit? 9 bijuus and plus his own advance Senjutsu Chakra. I believe Naruto can still beat Sasuke where you compare all their upgrades.
    Sasuke used his eye several times and PS Susanoo without show any signs of fatigue... He hasn't closed his eye since his encounter with Madara.

As for who will win: until Naruto shows a counter for Sasuke's S/T jutsu, I disagree.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a solution to the range problem though, here is what the wikia states about this : The range can be extended if Sasuke uses this ability to swap places with an object, as seen when he was able to cross a far distance by swapping places with Sakura's discarded flak jacket.[1]

About him having to close his eye when it's not in use makes me think that when he'll go back to Konoha, he'll most probably cover his left eye with his headband like Kakashi does.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    There is a solution to the range problem though, here is what the wikia states about this : The range can be extended if Sasuke uses this ability to swap places with an object, as seen when he was able to cross a far distance by swapping places with Sakura's discarded flak jacket.[1]

About him having to close his eye when it's not in use makes me think that when he'll go back to Konoha, he'll most probably cover his left eye with his headband like Kakashi does.
    People isn't going to believe it. At least not until they see it in a Databook or something lol.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    People isn't going to believe it. At least not until they see it in a Databook or something lol.
    The 4th Databook was supposed to have been out around December 2012 but it still hasn't but it's good though, when it'll come out, we will have detailed information about everything we need to know. I am myself confused about everything concerning the sage and his family and the power ups Naruto and Sasuke received. I feel like Naruto is like a host for the Shinju albeit stronger since he can use the Bijuu's abilities while Sasuke is like an ordinary Rinnegan ( purple ) user but stronger since it has access to an haxxed teleportation technique and retains the Sharingan's abilities.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudobito View Post
    Although this may be the case, the problem is that it has been written in the wiki (by random people) and not in the manga (by the author).
    This means that there is nothing to suggest that it may not be the case (other than the few manga pages, which are open to interpretation - as Sasuke/anyone else never says anything about the range being effected by swapping with another object or not).

As for the topic of this thread. I do not believe that Sasuke got stiffed in any way compared to Naruto.
    All the bijuu powers came from the bijuu and not from Hagoromo.
    Sure, the flying, nice outfit and magic balls are all pretty sweet. However, Sasuke has the rinnegan. The most OP eye in the manga. Look what both Nagato and Madara have managed to do with it.
    It is also possible, but not for certain, that Sasuke may also unlock his other rinnegan also.

I'd say that, from Hagoromo himself, they both got given pretty good deals. Both suitable for completely different tasks.

Why is there no award for most enraged?!?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast