Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

This week highlights yet another tragic, unrequitted romance. Once again, the girl dies and the guy goes off the deepend. Why is is that the guys of Naruto go bonkers while the girls find someway to endure the pain? It's sexist I tell you. You think Naruto would be able the break the cycle of moronic romances along with the world of hate, but maybe that is asking too much of Kishi.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading posts on other sites, I see some NaruSaku fans have grasped onto the Obito-Rin-Kakashi Love Triangle and have renewed hope that Kishi will make their ship canon. Obito is Naruto. Rin is Sakura. Kakashi is Sasuke. Obito loved Rin, who loved Kakashi, who didn't love anyone. Naruto loves Sakura, who loves Sasuke, who doesn't love anyone. In order to break the cycle Naruto will have to get Sakura to love him. To succeed where Obito failed.

We don't have to worry about Naruto becoming a bitter psycho like Obito even if he loses Sakura. But it would be interesting if Kishi repeats history. With the change being Sasuke returning Sakura's love. Something Kakashi did not with Rin. Although we won't 100% know that until Rin's death is shown. And Naruto getting Hinata. Obito didn't have a Hinata. Hey, think of how different things might of been if Obito knew some little Hyuuga girl liked him?

I guess we have to wait until everyone arrives where Naruto is since this the climax. Then maybe we will know what he will do with Sakura and Hinata. If Kishi once again progresses NaruHina, then most will probably believe that this will be the relationship. And Sakura will have to wait until Sasuke shows up.

(And now that Madara has left the Kages, I hope that Temari heads toward the final battlefield and Kishi can end this ShikaTema stuff on a happy note)
    Last edited by Jessie; September 07, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty clear that the ObitoxRinxKakashi triangle mirrors the NaruxSakuxSasu triangle. I knew it since the gaiden chapters....I am just surprised that others are only now getting it.

Since Naruto did not give up on Sasuke despite being a psycho and everyone in the Konoha 11 urging him to do so, I doubt he will give up on Sakura.....no matter how much others want him to (he is the definition of never giving up on how he feels for other people, despite it seeming to be impossible).

Actualy, since Kishi is bringing up old crap....it would not surprise me that he addresses the "kissing forehead" henge scene in chapter 3 (the very chapter that made Naruto realize why he loves Sakura so much).....Sakura still does not know that it was Naruto, disguised as Sasuke, who said that to her. Hell, Kishi even had zombie revived Dan kissed Tsunade's forehead before passing on........crap!

Either way, any pairing that will happen is going to do be done in a rushful and horrible way (This is near the end of the manga and still no two-sided development, yet? Honestly, this is crap romance!).....Kishi should just do an open ending and leave the pairing possibilities be open in fanfiction.
    Last edited by FBF; September 09, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Reading posts on other sites, I see some NaruSaku fans have grasped onto the Obito-Rin-Kakashi Love Triangle and have renewed hope that Kishi will make their ship canon. Obito is Naruto. Rin is Sakura. Kakashi is Sasuke. Obito loved Rin, who loved Kakashi, who didn't love anyone. Naruto loves Sakura, who loves Sasuke, who doesn't love anyone. In order to break the cycle Naruto will have to get Sakura to love him. To succeed where Obito failed.

We don't have to worry about Naruto becoming a bitter psycho like Obito even if he loses Sakura. But it would be interesting if Kishi repeats history. With the change being Sasuke returning Sakura's love. Something Kakashi did not with Rin. Although we won't 100% know that until Rin's death is shown. And Naruto getting Hinata. Obito didn't have a Hinata. Hey, think of how different things might of been if Obito knew some little Hyuuga girl liked him?

I guess we have to wait until everyone arrives where Naruto is since this the climax. Then maybe we will know what he will do with Sakura and Hinata. If Kishi once again progresses NaruHina, then most will probably believe that this will be the relationship. And Sakura will have to wait until Sasuke shows up.

(And now that Madara has left the Kages, I hope that Temari heads toward the final battlefield and Kishi can end this ShikaTema stuff on a happy note)
    This, Obito didn't have a Hinata.
    And I guess their parallel was already drawn:
    Obito got mad when Rin died, just like Naruto got mad when Hinata supposedly died as well.
    Naruto was able to overcome his madness thanks to a parental figure that saved him, while Obito probably got fed up with hatred and such by another elderly figure ( Madara? ).
    Also Obito got mad at Rin dying, not at Rin being with Kakashi:
    hell he asked Kakashi to take care of Rin for him, just like Naruto accepts that Sakura loves Sasuke and no one else.
    Think of it like the Rain trio:
    just like Nagato was happy for the other two, I'm sure Naruto will be happy that his best friend(s) are with each other.
    Even though I secretely want Sakura to be an old hag with the only company of cats while Naruto and Sasuke enjoy their Hyuuga and Uzumaki hot wives.
    But that's me

While I hold no hope for Kishi, he already set the pairings in stone imho:
    Naruto can't be with Sakura, Sakura after 600 chapters is still in love with Sasuke, while Hinata was very vocal on wanting to "man up" and finally be Naruto's equal, not a stalking shadow.

I second the whole Shikamaru+Temari thing, even though I doubt it will find space in an apocalyptic battle to save the world, unless its in a panel or two

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Premature statement.....Let us separate our personal wants from this thread.

Kishi did not set any of the Big 3 pairings in stone. In order for that to happen, there has be to be two-sided development and mutual interest.

Sakura may still like Sasuke, but Sasuke? No.....

Hinata may try harder to get Naruto, but does that mean Naruto is thinking the same thing about her? No....

Hinata is not the girl Naruto loves considering that he never went to Hinata afterward about it and he spend time with Sakura instead (and even showed a flashback as to why Naruto cannot confess yet: because he has not kept his promise: bring Sasuke back). He could very well want to confess to Sakura after the Sasuke business is dealth with or the forehead scenario would be brought up again (no matter how much I despise Kishi bringing up old crap).

Kishi may still keep the pattern going by letting Naruto still like Sakura....he still likes Sasuke all the same even after the stupid stunts he did in Kage Summit Arc....so most likely, I doubt Sakura's little stunt on that arc will make him view her any differently (and he knew since part I that she liked Sasuke anyway, and he still retained his feelings for her even when he came back after the timeskip). But only for the shippers to continue reading his manga and get his money and to keep the fans guessing......

Kishi trolls pairings and even his characters, just like he did with Sakura and her "determination" to stop Sasuke in the last arc (only to fail, miserably, and decided to not do anything else other than witnessing Naruto and Sasuke's fight).

It is premature to say any pairing is set in stone.
    Last edited by FBF; September 09, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FBF View Post
    Premature statement.....Let us separate our personal wants from this thread.

Kishi did not set any of the Big 3 pairings in stone. In order for that to happen, there has be to be two-sided development and mutual interest.

Sakura may still like Sasuke, but Sasuke? No.....

Hinata may try harder to get Naruto, but does that mean Naruto is thinking the same thing about her? No....
    The requirements you're establshing for proper relationships are beyond the means of Kishi. For a romance manga, maybe, but not Naruto. We'll get a few panels and that will be it. But Kakashi's love triagle and Naruto's love square are fundamentally different. Hinata is the wild card here. Kishi is keeping her in play, not discarding her like he did Ino.

Quote Quote:
    Hinata is not the girl Naruto loves considering that he never went to Hinata afterward about it and he spend time with Sakura instead (and even showed a flashback as to why Naruto cannot confess yet: because he has not kept his promise: bring Sasuke back). He could very well want to confess to Sakura after the Sasuke business is dealth with or the forehead scenario would be brought up again (no matter how much I despise Kishi bringing up old crap).
    Well in a normal romance drama that would be expected, but this is shounen manga. Using this same logic Sakura could never love Naruto because they never resolved the misunderstanding with a conversation after her bogus "confession". Kishi did deal with Hinata's confession with a few panel conversation after Naruto saved Hinata during the surpise zetsu attack. A few words of thoughtful consoling to the woman who loves you may not be be what the audience had in mind, but it's what Kishi has done, for now. Not very satisfying but Kishi can't do devloping romance. He's good with dead people, he just can't do the living.

Quote Quote:
    Kishi may still keep the pattern going by letting Naruto still like Sakura....he still likes Sasuke all the same even after the stupid stunts he did in Kage Summit Arc....so most likely, I doubt Sakura's little stunt on that arc will make him view her any differently (and he knew since part I that she liked Sasuke anyway, and he still retained his feelings for her even when he came back after the timeskip). But only for the shippers to continue reading his manga and get his money and to keep the fans guessing......
    But the differenve is that Naruto KNOWS that Sakura will never return the feelings he had for her, at least not in the way that he would want. Sakura is firmly set on Sasuke and nothing is going to change that, just like Rin. But Naruto unlike Obito has a real alternative.

The whole KakRinObi/SasuSakuNaru analogy is just another desparate grab by NaruSaku to keep their pairing alive. It was the same after Sakura's bogus confession or the medical camp chapter where Sakura admitted she loved Sasuke, where Sakura has to love both guys, contrary to what Kisihi is writing in the manga. Or that SasuSakuNaru is just like OroTsunJir and that SakuNaru has to occur to fulfill Jiraiya's unrequitted love for Tsunade. They're grasping at anyting to keep hope alive. This is just the latest Hail Mary.

Quote Quote:
    Kishi trolls pairings and even his characters, just like he did with Sakura and her "determination" to stop Sasuke in the last arc (only to fail, miserably, and decided to not do anything else other than witnessing Naruto and Sasuke's fight).

It is premature to say any pairing is set in stone.
    Yes, Kishi does love to troll. He's been trolling us for 600 chapters that Hinata loves Naruto. But Kishi only trolls untill he executes. If Kishi keeps making a point ove- and-over again, sooner or later it comes to completion. I'm just hoping it doesn't take a third near-death experience for Hinata, she's running out of lives.
    Last edited by Brill; September 10, 2012 at 07:53 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a Naruto+Sakura defender for a long time, while there were a few evidences here and there that could make me believe that pairing was very possible but as time passed and the story progressed It seems pretty obvious now that Naruto will end up with Hinata and Sasuke with Sakura. I doubt we will see major developments regarding these love pairs but I am pretty sure we will have a small time-skip at the end of the manga which will show Naruto standing beside Hinata and Sasuke with Sakura just to tell fans how it all ended.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think both Sasuke and Naruto will die but if not:
    I see Naruto with Hinata, I don't think he will settle, I think he will grow up and realize it was a child hood crush and see what he had there all along in Hinata. Also a mini Naruto with a Byakugan would kick ass.
    Sasuke and Sakura I don't see ending up together, Sakura will probably walk in her mentors steps and never really be with anyone.
    Temare and Shikamaru ends up together living an average life but filled with cuddly love (mostly from Temari)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    This week highlights yet another tragic, unrequitted romance. Once again, the girl dies and the guy goes off the deepend. Why is is that the guys of Naruto go bonkers while the girls find someway to endure the pain? It's sexist I tell you. You think Naruto would be able the break the cycle of moronic romances along with the world of hate, but maybe that is asking too much of Kishi.
    somebody kill sakura please ... then maybe naruto will be able to one shot madara , obito and sasuke (even when he isnt present ...) all at once with one single mutidemensional bijudama rasengan

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc View Post
    I was a Naruto+Sakura defender for a long time, while there were a few evidences here and there that could make me believe that pairing was very possible but as time passed and the story progressed It seems pretty obvious now that Naruto will end up with Hinata and Sasuke with Sakura. I doubt we will see major developments regarding these love pairs but I am pretty sure we will have a small time-skip at the end of the manga which will show Naruto standing beside Hinata and Sasuke with Sakura just to tell fans how it all ended.
    yeah sasuke will end up with sakura ... suiciding tegether , because for the sake of shonens sasuke should die because he is beyond redemption
    THE UCHIHA LOGIC:
    "brother follows hiw on path? destroy konoha " uchiha sasuke
    "the village wants you not to interfere with politics? coup-d'etat" uchiha fugaku
    "coup-d'etat on the way? obliterate entire clan" uchiha itachi
    "clan wants to make peace? destroy everyone everywhere" uchiha madara
    "10 years old crush dead?infinite tsukyumi" uchiha obito

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

This post does belong here :
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudStrife View Post
    i wonder what happen to black&white Zetsu and Yamato...

Spoiler show

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the most touching moment to date in this series is between the arch-villan and-shocker!-a dead person. Where was this over the last 10 years? Sigh.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously the main romance in this series is NarutoxSasuke! To be more specific, Sasuke's the S and Naruto the M.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member synapse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With all this talk about Uchiha+Senju giving rise to interesting powers...has anyone wondered why Uchiha and Senju haven't interbred?

The Manga obviously allows for "dilution" of the genetic traits of S06P...and "distant cousins" and things like that...but not a Uchiha-Senju cross?

How about Japanese society? Is racial mixing frowned upon in Japan?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tousendrinksbleach View Post
    somebody kill sakura please ... then maybe naruto will be able to one shot madara , obito and sasuke (even when he isnt present ...) all at once with one single mutidemensional bijudama rasengan

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

yeah sasuke will end up with sakura ... suiciding tegether , because for the sake of shonens sasuke should die because he is beyond redemption

Few changes....Naruto ends up with Hinata of course but Sasuke bangs out Karin before he and Sakura kunai themselves. Karin then gives birth to a Uchiha/Senju female messiah with daddy issues who grows up to dance at Konoha's only strip club.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    So the most touching moment to date in this series is between the arch-villan and-shocker!-a dead person. Where was this over the last 10 years? Sigh.
    Kishimoto has no problem showing romantic interest as long as at least one of them is dead. It's writing actual romantic relationships between living characters that he has a problem. It is funny how this teenage boy can have this much desire and love for one girl, while Kishi portrays the boys of Naruto's generation as almost asexual.

But I just didn't feel anything with Obito holding Rin. Not even sadness. Everything about Obito just seems so pathetic. Maybe I've dealt with too many boys who just badly wanted to be noticed like poor old Obito.

After seeing it, I sort of wish Kishi didn't show us why he become Tobi. Some things are better left a mystery.

New Reply
Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast