Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    So Neji and now Kiba ship NaruHina? I think Sai is for NaruSaku or at least he was. We need the other characters to declare their ships. Forget that giant one-eyed monster. This is more important.

Interesting that Kiba seems to be indicating a change in the dynamic. Hinata is the one who cares what Naruto thinks about her. Why would Kiba tease Naruto about acting cool in front of Hinata when Naruto never showed interest in her before? Acting cool in front of Sakura is something he would of been accused of. It is almost like we missed the part where Naruto started pursuing Hinata. If Naruto likes Hinata now then it is over. NH won.

Yet a lot of people are saying the recent Road to Ninja movie was very pro-NaruSaku. And Kishi had a major hand in it.

So I don't know what to think. There is still a chance Sakura assumes the Rin role given the parallels between Obito and Naruto. But the manga is definitely moving toward NaruHina with these constant ship teases.

And oh yeah, Temari back with Shikamaru! Maybe Kishi is finally willing to wrap up these ships after the war and make the fans happy.
    Well movies are like databooks, they're not canon but they are fanservice. Haven't seen the movie yet, but Naruto is so clueless that I doubt he would go with a forward/slutty Hinata. Besides everything was supposed to be opposite. So if anti-Narutoland has him going after Sakura then Normal world would have him going for Hinata. Coincidence?

BTW, when did Neji give the nod for NaruHina?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know I don't know what other people's reaction would be, but I would laugh my ass off if the only characters of consequence Kishimoto ended up killing in this war turned out to be.... Hinata, Sakura, and Temari. Just as a final FU to shippers everywhere.

The level of rage would be so high. I can't even really comprehend what the fan response would be to that.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Then you'd have eveyone focusing on InoxChouji.....yuck.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Well movies are like databooks, they're not canon but they are fanservice. Haven't seen the movie yet, but Naruto is so clueless that I doubt he would go with a forward/slutty Hinata. Besides everything was supposed to be opposite. So if anti-Narutoland has him going after Sakura then Normal world would have him going for Hinata. Coincidence?

BTW, when did Neji give the nod for NaruHina?
    Here. Neji would likely support anything that makes Hinata happy.

There were two Narutos in the AU. The real one from our world and Menma. The real Naruto still liked Sakura and was turned off by slutty Hinata. It is unclear if Memna(who was a bad boy) and Hinata were a couple. The AU Sakura was apparently was sent to the real world as explained by a filler episode and didn't care about Sasuke. The real Sakura also liked Sasuke, but rejected the cheesy boy idol version of him. The AU Sasuke liked everyone.

So it is unclear what the movie was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    You know I don't know what other people's reaction would be, but I would laugh my ass off if the only characters of consequence Kishimoto ended up killing in this war turned out to be.... Hinata, Sakura, and Temari. Just as a final FU to shippers everywhere.

The level of rage would be so high. I can't even really comprehend what the fan response would be to that.
    Wouldn't stop the shippers one bit. They'd still have SasuNaru, KakaGai, KakaIru, MadaObito, SasoDei, ShikaNeji, GaaNaru, ShinoKiba, etc.

Nothing stops yaoi.

BTW, you'd better also kill Tenten off or the Tenten x everyone would start flowing.

Ew. The rare fanart and fanfic of it stinks. Nothing against Choji who is a nice guy, but he isn't the most photogenic of characters. Fandom likes the pretty or sexy. Which probably explains why there is little interest in him by fandom.
    Last edited by Jessie; November 30, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll only say this, if Sasuke kills Sakura while Obito is there, and Naruto goes "whatever" I'll be truly amazed by Naruto's hip nature.

Actually this scenario would work for any of the Rookies, but mostly Sakura.

Also I don't see any reason to bring up the content in the latest chapter (611 for future references). It's completely within Kiba's character to say that as a "good friend shipping his other friend" as Regret mentioned. I don't see why Naruto was acting tough to "impress Hinata" either. Naruto has been acting tough throughout this entire fight.
    Last edited by 3c; December 01, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I don't see why Naruto was acting tough to "impress Hinata" either. Naruto has been acting tough throughout this entire fight.
    That is exactly why it can be brought up. It makes no sense why anyone, including Kiba, would think Naruto would do something to impress Hinata. A girl he barely acknowledged existed before. Kiba was teasing him, but there was some truth behind it.

With Sakura, what Kiba said would make sense, since Naruto is quite open about his feelings toward her. But not with Hinata. Now Kiba teasing Hinata over Naruto would make sense. I could care less that Kiba was chosen to say it. The interesting part was that Kishi chose to write it. He could of had Kiba say his usual meaningless bravado. But once again Kishi chose to ship tease NaruHina.
    Last edited by Jessie; December 01, 2012 at 11:19 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

As Delbi said though, it's better to wait for an official translation. Remember when Shikaku was talkin to Genma via telepathy? Scanlator put "don't joke around" and "hey I have a joke for that!" but the official volume had Shikaku telling "keep quiet and don't talk!" with no mention of Genma joking.

Though, is there any other translator available who posted their version on this site? I haven't checked that for months, so I dunno if translators post their version of latest chapters anymore. Though, both scanlators have put Hinata.

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    As Delbi said though, it's better to wait for an official translation. Remember when Shikaku was talkin to Genma via telepathy? Scanlator put "don't joke around" and "hey I have a joke for that!" but the official volume had Shikaku telling "keep quiet and don't talk!" with no mention of Genma joking.

Though, is there any other translator available who posted their version on this site? I haven't checked that for months, so I dunno if translators post their version of latest chapters anymore. Though, both scanlators have put Hinata.
    Posted by: aegon-rokudo
    http://mangahelpers.com/t/aegon-rokudo/releases/36426

naru: yeah…!\\
    kiba: naruto, you don’t need to act cool in front of hinata!\\

So we have three translations basically stating the same message. I didn't think it was a case of too much translation freedom anyway. It just didn't feel like such a case.

That is exactly why it can be brought up. It makes no sense why anyone, including Kiba, would think Naruto would do something to impress Hinata. A girl he barely acknowledged existed before. Kiba was teasing him, but there was some truth behind it.

With Sakura, what Kiba said would make sense, since Naruto is quite open about his feelings toward her. But not with Hinata. Now Kiba teasing Hinata over Naruto would make sense. I could care less that Kiba was chosen to say it. The interesting part was that Kishi chose to write it. He could of had Kiba say his usual meaningless bravado. But once again Kishi chose to ship tease NaruHina.
    That is certainly true. I often say the same thing, that "when something is said in the manga, it's because Kishi wanted to write it". Still this shipping issue has been ongoing for so long and been so vague, that I really don't bother much anymore unless something rather definite shows up. Like Naruto saying "That's because I like you" or whatever to Hinata. I used to be a big NaruSaku fan, but I honestly don't care anymore. Sakura is a hopeless character and I will never understand how Kishi wrote her like that, ever.

The most interesting aspect about NaruHina for me has always been what kind of offspring the two would create. Just imagine kids with Naruto's chakra and techniques, possibly with some strength from his Jinchuuriki side, combined with Hinata's Byakugan and Jyuuken. What the hell... Those kids will be like Super Saiyans. Although Kishi may keep away from this scenario by simply killing Naruto at the end of the manga /troll.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

NarutoxIno FTW

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Kiba has always come off as a wise ass ball breaker to me so I don't think it's too out of character for him, and it could have been more of a jab at Hinata than Naruto.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for HinataxIno, that was the hottest combination ever

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, there is. It's just another variation of the same old tune. Kiba always arrives trying to outstage Naruto with some corny line-he's fairly 1-dimensional in that regard. Now Kiba's trying to diminish Naruto by saying he's doing all this to impress Hinata, who is there-and Sakura isn't. It's fanservice but no more meaningful than all the other vague hints that people have used to take things out of context. This is just another one of those moments, nothing substantial.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I used to be a big NaruSaku fan, but I honestly don't care anymore. Sakura is a hopeless character and I will never understand how Kishi wrote her like that, ever.

The most interesting aspect about NaruHina for me has always been what kind of offspring the two would create. Just imagine kids with Naruto's chakra and techniques, possibly with some strength from his Jinchuuriki side, combined with Hinata's Byakugan and Jyuuken. What the hell... Those kids will be like Super Saiyans. Although Kishi may keep away from this scenario by simply killing Naruto at the end of the manga /troll.
    This here are my exact thoughts.
    My exact thoughts.

Kishi has really thrown down Sakura. It's a shame.
    She would have been so much cooler had she somewhat gotten over Sasuke and even if Sasuke kicked her ass, had she went through with at least properly trying hurt him everybody would begin to respect her again.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not ready to throw Sakura off the cliff just yet. Kishi made sure to mention that Shikaku's plan involves the medics helping the others against Obito. The only name medic, outside of Shizune, is Sakura. This is pretty much it for her. If she doesn't play much of a role, than her fate is sealed. Any development she gets through Sasuke ruins her character further. So just having her around another Team 7 reunion doesn't help. It has to happen here.

Will Kishi have Sakura remind Obito of Rin? I know a lot of NaruSaku fans are hoping he does.

Oh, last chapter. I thought this was way more of a shipping hint than what Kiba said to Naruto.
    Spoiler show

Why? Kishi could of used Ino or Choji for this. People closer to Shikamaru and his dad. Or he could of used Naruto or another Konoha character like Sakura who knows Shikamaru. But he specifically and intentionally used Temari to remind us of her relationship with Shikamaru. It also shows that Temari thinks of Shikamaru and actually secretly admires him. Which is a change in their relationship dynamic.. Being impressed with Shika's dad only adds to the belief she will marry into that family. Just look at her face. She is getting excited about her future kids with 200 IQs.

I don't buy that Kishi trolls fandoms. He doesn't care. But he would be the cruelest guy ever if he didn't go through with this pairing now. So I believe he is all in. And the fact that it happened that same week as the Rock Lee anime aired this episode.

Spoiler show

is only an odd coincidence.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's not likely to happen. Sakura's development IS though her sordid relationship wiith Sasuke. It has been this way since the beginning of the series. Kishi isn't going to change her now. It's all she is, and her reason for still being on the team. She will be there healing people until the very end. May help in saving Naruto's life, but I don't see her being a Rin character, if anyrhing Rin is a Sakura character except more mousy.

Sorry, neither Kiba's or Temari's statements are ship-comments. They're just victims of circumstance. Kishi wants to have members outside the village praisimg Shiklaku's abilities for the assault. Temari is really the only logical choice to make said comment. Another skewed viiewing of the tea leaves.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be hilarious if ShikaTema never happened.
    Might seem odd but I'm not a fan of Temari.

But I agree with Jessie it could be a hint.
    Who is the author of Naruto SD thing anyway? Is he a former editor of Kishi?

New Reply
Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast