Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    To me, Naruto seems like the biggest SasuSaku shippers in this manga...
    He's digging his own grave by convincing Sakura that Sasuke will come back...

If it wasn't for him, Sakura would have abandon the idea of Sasuke (kinda like Karin did when she realized he was an evil bastard) and would probably already have fallen in love with him...
    He doesn't want her to abandon the idea of Sasuke, because he can't abandon the idea of Sasuke himself. He wants him back. Naruto is the eternal optimist and I believe his conversation with Itachi about saving Sasuke more than his feelings that he and Sasuke have to die fighting each other.

As long as Sasuke is out there, Sakura will never be able to completely fall in love with Naruto. There is nothing Naruto can do about this. It's just something that needs a resolution. She is not going to move on like Karin because that is not her character's fate.

Once the Sasuke situation is resolved, then Sakura can finally deal with her true feelings. Sure, Kishi can then go with Sakura having a happy ending with the man of her dreams. She does love him and Naruto will perhaps encourage it. But maybe then is when she realizes that she always loved someone else. It's a cliche that has been used numerous times in Hollywood romances. The girl or guy finally gets what they want, but then decide what they always had was better.

Meanwhile poor Hinata will be there waiting...

It reminds me of the book/movie Gone with the Wind. Scarlett O'Hara was in love with Ashley Wilkes, but he had no interest in her. Rhett Butler was the best guy for her, but she still loved Ashely. No matter what Rhett did, he couldn't get Ashley out of her mind. Rhett and Scarlett, who were perfect together, had a rocky relationship because of this. Finally Ashley's wife died and he was free. But just then Scarlett realized than she never really loved Ashley, but Rhett.
    Last edited by Jessie; May 01, 2011 at 01:50 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's important to keep in mind that they're all what - 15 or 16 years old by now? That's pretty young. If Sakura's having trouble dealing with becoming stronger, her lingering feelings for Sasuke, and her developing feelings for Naruto all at the same time, then it's perfectly natural. None of them have fully grown up yet. When Sakura does, I think she'll easily be able to pick Naruto over Sasuke.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikaaria View Post
    It's important to keep in mind that they're all what - 15 or 16 years old by now? That's pretty young. If Sakura's having trouble dealing with becoming stronger, her lingering feelings for Sasuke, and her developing feelings for Naruto all at the same time, then it's perfectly natural. None of them have fully grown up yet. When Sakura does, I think she'll easily be able to pick Naruto over Sasuke.
    Yeah, but it is a 30 something year old guy writing for these characters. I don't expect them to act like normal teenagers. Plus these are kids that have been trained to kill since an early age. Any moment they can lose their lives. In that situation I'd probably mature a little faster. So again, I don't expect them to be like normal kids.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there are ninja psychiatrists? A lot of the characters could have used one.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe there is any reason to fall out of love with Sasuke, Sasuke is just to pure and worth longing for due to him always never looking outside his revenge, Sakura has pretty cemented her deep concerns with Sasuke due to this, Sasuke has never registered her feelings for her because he's never registered anything as a emotion other than hatred and revenge.

Falling in love with Naruto would be very shallow at this point, Naruto being a big hero and a very super pacisfist loses it's appeal after a certain amount of time especially when you are one of the ones who sees it coming. Naruto has proven himself as the better person compared to Sasuke, but Sakura would see it coming and would admit that falling in love with someone like that would be easier, but I'm not sure thats what Kishi wants Sakura to do.

Naruto would be to easy to end up with, Sasuke is different and much more challenging and I believe Sakura should stick to the hard road to achieve a sense of accomplishment if she wins Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Lol, she totally could be in love with both.
    It's pretty obvious that her feelings are mixed and that she's confused, IMO.
    She's not confused, she knows exactly how she feels for both boys. Sasuke to her has always been her biggest driving point as a romantic interest, she knows Naruto is always therefore her. Nothing says she is neutral about the situation.

Quote Quote:
    She's still love Sasuke (the old Sasuke, not the new asshole), and developped feeling for Naruto at the same time.
    She still loves Sasuke the same, and wants to help him, but he closes her off because he's always in the dark and Sakura can't understand that so she has Naruto and Kakashi give her hints on how deep Sasuke's pain really is.

Quote Quote:
    During her "character development" a few chapters ago, she kinda realized that the old Sasuke was not coming back, and that Sasuke had become an asshole, and she decided that she had to kill him (good decision).
    At the same time, she knew that Naruto was the right man for her, and she wanted to let him know that.
    It was all a lie, she lied to Naruto because she wanted to shoulder Naruto's burdern about the guilt confession in part 1, Naruto said she was being full of it and was acting out of character. .

Quote Quote:
    But, Naruto being Naruto, he convinced her once again that the new Sasuke (evil bastard) could come back to Konoha and turn back to his old self (emo-guy).
    He didn't convince anyone, she was stern about killing Sasuke like the rest of the village was, he's the one who thinks he can be saved without dying.

Quote Quote:
    To me, Naruto seems like the biggest SasuSaku shippers in this manga...
    He's digging his own grave by convincing Sakura that Sasuke will come back...
    Well this is a shounen.

Quote Quote:
    If it wasn't for him, Sakura would have abandon the idea of Sasuke (kinda like Karin did when she realized he was an evil bastard) and would probably already have fallen in love with him...
    I don't think so, Sakura still wants to help Sasuke, she just doesn't know how because no one will tell her anything.
    Last edited by sho87; May 02, 2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    We are talking about the emotional nuances of fictional characters here there is no certainty but in my view they are far more than teammates with a common goal. I think of Sakura as being, Sasuke aside, probably the single closest person to Naruto among his peers.
    They've only really had one significant interaction that didn't center entirely around Sasuke.. I would regard Shikamaru as much closer to Naruto than Sakura.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto is determined to still let Sasuke acknowledge him. Same with Sakura. They both seem to want acknowledgement from this guy despite what he's done to him.

Which brings up my point of Sakura actually giving Sasuke another alternative to feeling positive emotions. Her love will help Sasuke find a part of him that isn't based on his clan or revenge, but rather protection and trust. Maybe eventually love.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thabor
    They've only really had one significant interaction that didn't center entirely around Sasuke.. I would regard Shikamaru as much closer to Naruto than Sakura.
    Come on now, you can't really believe that can you?

I mean, they had more than one significant interaction not about Sasuke on the journey to save Garra alone and then there is the whole tender moment while he was training FRS . And there are plenty of others but i don't feel like typeing up a NaruSaku manafesto.....it's been done before.

Though i guess how many "significant interactions they've had" does depend on how you define "significant". Regardless though, i think she's had more with him than anybody else has. Shikamaru is probably tied with Sai for second place but i think it's a pretty distant second, at least among his peers

Quote Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
    Naruto is determined to still let Sasuke acknowledge him. Same with Sakura. They both seem to want acknowledgement from this guy despite what he's done to him.

Which brings up my point of Sakura actually giving Sasuke another alternative to feeling positive emotions. Her love will help Sasuke find a part of him that isn't based on his clan or revenge, but rather protection and trust. Maybe eventually love.
    I don't think that's true at all.

Neither Sakura nor Naruto is interested in "acknowledgement" from him anymore. That ship has sailed. He's no longer really a figure whom they respect. They both care about him deeply and what concerns them isn't nearly so much about what he thinks about them, as it is what he runs around doing.

What they want is to prevent Sasuke from continuing to bring disaster to himself and to others.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm with Jammin. They both think he's crazy and just want to help him keep from killing himself. Being someone's friend doesn't always mean you respect them as a person. Sometimes you have to treat them like a child and do what you can to protect them from themselves. Sure, maybe Sakura can and does love him in a romantic sense, but Sasuke's in no position to return that love. Before anything romantic can happen, he needs help and I think that's what Sakura has kinda figured out.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Come on now, you can't really believe that can you?

I mean, they had more than one significant interaction not about Sasuke on the journey to save Garra alone and then there is the whole tender moment while he was training FRS .
    That was anime only. Also even if some of those things happen, they weren't romantic context. Also I don't believe they've ever had a conversation where Sasuke wasn't the main topic or a motivation on doing something together.
    Quote Quote:
    And there are plenty of others but i don't feel like typeing up a NaruSaku manafesto.....it's been done before.
    I don't think a wall of text would change the facts about their dynamic together. Sakura hardly registers on Naruto's importance scale as a main development crutch. Shikmaru and Killer Bee have developed Naruto personally more than Sakuta has.

Quote Quote:
    Though i guess how many "significant interactions they've had" does depend on how you define "significant". Regardless though, i think she's had more with him than anybody else has.
    Reguardless of screen time with Naruto, she is still irrelevant when it comes to developing Naruto's character into a process of being a better ninja.
    Quote Quote:
    Shikamaru is probably tied with Sai for second place but i think it's a pretty distant second, at least among his peers
    It's more like Sasuke is first, then Jiraya, then Kakashi + Shikamaru, and then Sakura since she's always going to be his best supporter of saving Sasuke.

Quote Quote:
    I don't think that true at all.

Neither Sakura nor Naruto is interested in "acknowledgement" from him anymore. That ship has sailed. He's no longer really a figure whom they respect. They both care about him deeply and what concerns them isn't nearly so much about what he thinks about them, as it is what he runs around doing.
    They respect him plenty. He's part the reason why they are the people they are today and then some.

Quote Quote:
    What they want is to prevent Sasuke from continuing to bring disaster to himself and to others.
    And Acknowledge them as a friend or lover.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was anime only. Also even if some of those things happen, they weren't romantic context. Also I don't believe they've ever had a conversation where Sasuke wasn't the main topic or a motivation on doing something together. I don't think a wall of text would change the facts about their dynamic together. Sakura hardly registers on Naruto's importance scale as a main development crutch. Shikmaru and Killer Bee have developed Naruto personally more than Sakuta has.

Reguardless of screen time with Naruto, she is still irrelevant when it comes to developing Naruto's character into a process of being a better ninja. It's more like Sasuke is first, then Jiraya, then Kakashi + Shikamaru, and then Sakura since she's always going to be his best supporter of saving Sasuke.

They respect him plenty. He's part the reason why they are the people they are today and then some.

And Acknowledge them as a friend or lover.
    Naw, naw...My one friend has problems, serious problems. And when they start to get bad, I don't treat them as one would a friend. I take some of their control away from them because I know that they are a danger to themselves and others. When they get back to normal and are in a sound mind, they usually thank me for this because it lets them focus on themsleves.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Yeah, but it is a 30 something year old guy writing for these characters. I don't expect them to act like normal teenagers. Plus these are kids that have been trained to kill since an early age. Any moment they can lose their lives. In that situation I'd probably mature a little faster. So again, I don't expect them to be like normal kids.

Speaking of which, I wonder if there are ninja psychiatrists? A lot of the characters could have used one.
    Just remember it's a 30-year old Japanese male. It's a common ideology for Japanese girls to wait for their men. So while "American" Sakura may love them and leave them, "Japanese" Sakura may behave somewhat differenty.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Muka's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Naruto is the eternal optimist and I believe his conversation with Itachi about saving Sasuke more than his feelings that he and Sasuke have to die fighting each other.
    It's not a feeling he has. It's a warning he made to Sasuke. It's obvious he doesn't want to die, and he doesn't want Sasuke to die either.

Quote Quote:
    As long as Sasuke is out there, Sakura will never be able to completely fall in love with Naruto. There is nothing Naruto can do about this. It's just something that needs a resolution. She is not going to move on like Karin because that is not her character's fate.
    To me it's not about fate. It's about the fact that Sakura is just like Naruto, and that's she's not able to abandon a friend.

Quote Quote:
    Once the Sasuke situation is resolved, then Sakura can finally deal with her true feelings. Sure, Kishi can then go with Sakura having a happy ending with the man of her dreams. She does love him and Naruto will perhaps encourage it. But maybe then is when she realizes that she always loved someone else. It's a cliche that has been used numerous times in Hollywood romances. The girl or guy finally gets what they want, but then decide what they always had was better.
    I soooo agree with that.
    Sakura is already on the verge of realising that.

Quote Quote:
    Meanwhile poor Hinata will be there waiting...
    I really don't think Hinata is waiting for anything.
    She smiled at Sakura embracing Naruto back then.
    I think Hinata's development may be over now.
    We'll see, but for what we saw until now, she doesn't seem unhappy at all, or waiting for something.

Quote Quote:
    It reminds me of the book/movie Gone with the Wind. Scarlett O'Hara was in love with Ashley Wilkes, but he had no interest in her. Rhett Butler was the best guy for her, but she still loved Ashely. No matter what Rhett did, he couldn't get Ashley out of her mind. Rhett and Scarlett, who were perfect together, had a rocky relationship because of this. Finally Ashley's wife died and he was free. But just then Scarlett realized than she never really loved Ashley, but Rhett.
    It's true.
    Last edited by Muka; May 05, 2011 at 10:50 AM.

My Deviant - EgaO - AMME-art
    Naruto is an honorable, well intentioned person who is solely a force for good.
    He does what is right, even when it's hard, and even when it seems stupid to do so.

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Just remember it's a 30-year old Japanese male. It's a common ideology for Japanese girls to wait for their men. So while "American" Sakura may love them and leave them, "Japanese" Sakura may behave somewhat differenty.
    True, but I think it's, ultimately, kinda the same for both cultures. And Sakura isn't really anyone's girl. But I have to wonder, would even a Japanese guy think it good for a girl to wait for a guy who, she isn't betrothed to or anything, is kinda crazy and doesn't have much of a future in front of him at the current time? C'mon, we girls think about these things. And since Sakura wasn't running after him, I think Kishi knows she's thinking about this too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    True, but I think it's, ultimately, kinda the same for both cultures. And Sakura isn't really anyone's girl. But I have to wonder, would even a Japanese guy think it good for a girl to wait for a guy who, she isn't betrothed to or anything, is kinda crazy and doesn't have much of a future in front of him at the current time? C'mon, we girls think about these things. And since Sakura wasn't running after him, I think Kishi knows she's thinking about this too.
    I think sakura is not running after sasuke right now is because
    1.) she didn't know the reason for why he is doing right now.
    2.)she is waiting for naruto yet agian to fix every thing just look at this page
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-48483-...apter-487.html

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Girls and guys wait to be noticed by the ones they want in both cultures. Hell, every 5th love song to dedicated to this phenomena and Kishi has had Sakura straight as an arrow in lieu of everything that has happened. She's not a love'm then leave'm girl.

New Reply
Page 10 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast