Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

^ But you get over it. She didn't even get to the love'm part with Sasuke.

Because the focus of the manga isn't on romance, the characters don't go through any natural crush phases. Love is about failure more than success. Sakura did not have a romantic relationship with Sasuke. They didn't have some great love affair. They weren't a couple. He was her crush. So it would be natural for Sakura, as a teenage girl, to move her crush to someone else. Like say Kiba just to pull a name at random. It could be anyone. This is natural and part of growing up. That doesn't mean Sakura still can't be concerned for Sasske as a friend and want him back. That's a whole other matter.

How many times do you find your true love at 12 years old? You're going to go through a number of guys to weed out the Sasukes.
    Last edited by Jessie; May 09, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura's character seems to be based on romance.

And this is Sasuke were talking about, if Sakura won't love him. No girl will because Sasuke is the only boy who's personality and actions still mean something to Sakura as a person while everyone else gives up on him.

This applies to Naruto as well, but as a brother.
    Last edited by sho87; May 09, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

She definitely not see him as a brother.

What kind of sister would offer herself to his brother like she did to Naruto?
    No, I think that she have strong feelings (not brother/sister) feelings for Naruto that aren't identified yet (even for her).

And like someone said before, until her feelings for Sasuke are resolved, she won't be able to face her feelings for Naruto.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie
    Well for 3 years Sakura hasn't gotten over him. And her last thoughts on the matter still thnks things can be salvaged. She could change her mind yet but she hasn't veered off-course, there is nothing to suggest that she won't continue with her adoration with Sasuke.

Quote Quote:
    Because the focus of the manga isn't on romance, the characters don't go through any natural crush phases. Love is about failure more than success. Sakura did not have a romantic relationship with Sasuke. They didn't have some great love affair. They weren't a couple. He was her crush. So it would be natural for Sakura, as a teenage girl, to move her crush to someone else. Like say Kiba just to pull a name at random. It could be anyone. This is natural and part of growing up. That doesn't mean Sakura still can't be concerned for Sasske as a friend and want him back. That's a whole other matter.
    The focus isn't romance but it is the justification for people being there. Sakura, Hinata and arguably Ino's reason for being written in the script is for romance. Sakura isn't doing this for Naruto's bond with Sasuke she's doing it for her own one-sided bond with Sasuke. Just because it lacks reciprocation doesn't invalidate it as romance.

Quote Quote:
    How many times do you find your true love at 12 years old? You're going to go through a number of guys to weed out the Sasukes.
    Girls don't find religion until 30 when they start dating nice guys for a change. So Sakura has another 14 years of this to go.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

No, I think that she have strong feelings (not brother/sister) feelings for Naruto that aren't identified yet (even for her).

And like someone said before, until her feelings for Sasuke are resolved, she won't be able to face her feelings for Naruto.
    What sister would lie to her brother to relieve him of a burdan that she was partially responsible for? More than you might care to think.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think her feelings for Naruto are identified, but she doesn't think she deserves Naruto after all the crap she's put him through and the way she's treated him. She blames herself for Naruto going to great lengths to rescue Sasuke and remembers how badly she used to treat him back in Part I whereas Sasuke and even Hinata acknowledged Naruto (to some extent for the former anyway). Not to mention, learning what HInata did for Naruto must make her feel bad since she's felt useless, as she confided to Yamato when she was healing him.

I think she did mean what she said, but the problem was that she had a motive behind it, to get Naruto to stop going after Sasuke, hence why Naruto thinks it may not be heartfelt. Plus, Sakura's probably trying to avoid losing Naruto too since she lost Sasuke and thinks he can't be saved since she really does care for Naruto. She cried in fear for Sasuke's life (I think during the exam when he got bit by the Cursed Seal) and she cried for Naruto when she learned if the bijuu gets extracted, the jinchuuriki die. All that's left is to see her reaction if Naruto "died" like Sasuke did in Zabuza arc, though I'm sure Sakura would cry too.

However, she probably does and will love Sasuke the most, but she has feelings for Naruto too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    How dare you forget about Sasuke's lovetap to her before he left Konoha! With Sasuke, that's as close to love'm as you can get, especially since he thanked Sakura!

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shonen jump bonds are usually exxagerrated more than real life bonds(Nakama stuff). Naruto is very close to her, but it's more on the lines of a family type not a romantic type. She knows her feelings, and Naruto knows them as well. She is in love with Sasuke while Naruto is her greatest friend and teammate and brother.

Hinata faced her feelings towards Naruto directly and honestly. That is why she has a better face value of harboring passionate feelings for Naruto.

Sakura lied to him about a thing that she really never felt about him.

Plus doesn't Sakura know Hinata has deep feelings for Naruto? She said so herself while healing Hinata.
    Last edited by sho87; May 10, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, NarutoxHinata would be a match boring beyond reason. Hinata's a good shinobi and has great determination, but her personality is quiet and subdued. The dynamics would be awful between them. Naruto needs someone who's confident enough to smack him when he's being an idiot. And that's precisely what Sakura does.

Quote Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
    Sakura's character seems to be based on romance.

And this is Sasuke were talking about, if Sakura won't love him. No girl will because Sasuke is the only boy who's personality and actions still mean something to Sakura as a person while everyone else gives up on him.

This applies to Naruto as well, but as a brother.
    Since when did someone absolutely have to love Sasuke? It's no problem if he ends up alone. He's pushed everyone away and doesn't deserve Naruto or Sakura's respect. Actually, I think Kishi will have failed on character development if he keeps Sakura in love with him. Realistically, would any girl stick around a guy who tried to stab a chidori in the back of her head? Especially if the they never had a romantic relationship to begin with? Hellz no.

Oh, and during Naruto and Sasuke's last meeting, who was Sakura more concerned about? She was looking almost exclusively at Naruto. In fact, her entire initiative to kill Sasuke stemmed from not wanting to cause Naruto any more pain. She's definitely still confused, but it's pretty obvious that her feelings are taking a different trend.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikaaria View Post
    Eh, NarutoxHinata would be a match boring beyond reason. Hinata's a good shinobi and has great determination, but her personality is quiet and subdued. The dynamics would be awful between them. Naruto needs someone who's confident enough to smack him when he's being an idiot. And that's precisely what Sakura does.

Since when did someone absolutely have to love Sasuke? It's no problem if he ends up alone. He's pushed everyone away and doesn't deserve Naruto or Sakura's respect. Actually, I think Kishi will have failed on character development if he keeps Sakura in love with him. Realistically, would any girl stick around a guy who tried to stab a chidori in the back of her head? Especially if the they never had a romantic relationship to begin with? Hellz no.

Oh, and during Naruto and Sasuke's last meeting, who was Sakura more concerned about? She was looking almost exclusively at Naruto. In fact, her entire initiative to kill Sasuke stemmed from not wanting to cause Naruto any more pain. She's definitely still confused, but it's pretty obvious that her feelings are taking a different trend.
    Not quite naruxhina mirror his dad and mom's relationship and we all saw that it can work, minato was more the quiet type, while kushina was the more loud type yet it work out fine.

And another thing even though sasuke try to stab her in the head, she still cry over him, she still hesitant to kill him, her feeling for him are still there, and she still belive that naruto will be able to bring sasuke and this show her feeling for him, imagine how she would react if she know the reason for his action. She would love him even more, but it could be true she have some feeling for naruto, but it doesn't matter cause it's impossible for a girl to love two guy at the same time, sure they said they do, but they will alway love one guy more than the other, and I don't think it's fair for naruto to be with a girl like that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
    Not quite naruxhina mirror his dad and mom's relationship and we all saw that it can work, minato was more the quiet type, while kushina was the more loud type yet it work out fine.

And another thing even though sasuke try to stab her in the head, she still cry over him, she still hesitant to kill him, her feeling for him are still there, and she still belive that naruto will be able to bring sasuke and this show her feeling for him, imagine how she would react if she know the reason for his action. She would love him even more, but it could be true she have some feeling for naruto, but it doesn't matter cause it's impossible for a girl to love two guy at the same time, sure they said they do, but they will alway love one guy more than the other, and I don't think it's fair for naruto to be with a girl like that.
    Minato was softspoken, but he didn't go into fainting fits every time he saw Kushina. There's a big difference between their relationship and NaruHina. While they balanced one another out, I could only see Hinata worshipping Naruto and letting him get his way with everything. She can only tell him, "Naruto, you're an awesome person." But she'll have trouble telling him when he's being stupid. That's not a healthy relationship. He needs someone who will keep him in check.

I don't really think Naruto deserves a girl who has split feelings either. She'll have to figure them out before anything happens. While I am a NaruSaku fan, I could easily imagine it not happening as well. I'm just saying NaruHina wouldn't work either.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it's true hinata would often faint when she see naruto in part 1 but her growth has come to a point were she can confess her feeling to him without fainting, while sakura and her feeling are still the same as it were before, with a little improvement with naruto. And another thing so you think in a relationship were the girl boss the guy around is a healthy relationship, like for instead yell at him or hitting him. One thing that I hate about sakura is her attitude she blame naruto for stuff that are her fault like when naruto wanted to go to sleep due to the posion, she got mad at him and call him lazy, even though it was her fault. If naruto were in a relationship with her, then I believe it will be more unhealthy for him then with hinata. And another thing, I believe that her feeling for sasuke won't go away that easily especially when she know the truth about why he is being so evil, and unless it's show that she indeed have gotten over sasuke, then her ending up with naruto can only be view as, her not being able to end up with her greatest love so she settle for her second choice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato was softspoken, but he didn't go into fainting fits every time he saw Kushina. There's a big difference between their relationship and NaruHina. While they balanced one another out, I could only see Hinata worshipping Naruto and letting him get his way with everything. She can only tell him, "Naruto, you're an awesome person." But she'll have trouble telling him when he's being stupid. That's not a healthy relationship. He needs someone who will keep him in check.

I don't really think Naruto deserves a girl who has split feelings either. She'll have to figure them out before anything happens. While I am a NaruSaku fan, I could easily imagine it not happening as well. I'm just saying NaruHina wouldn't work either.
    I dunno, it seems kind of self-serving to claim that Sakura is capable of changing by dropping her love for Sasuke. In fact, Sakura must be capable of changing for SakuNaru to work, but then claim that Naruto and Hinata are uncapable of changing-regardless of how their characters have evolved.

Obviosuly Kushina mellowed as she got older so she could live with Minato. Why isn't Naruto capable of that to spend it with Hinata?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    I dunno, it seems kind of self-serving to claim that Sakura is capable of changing by dropping her love for Sasuke. In fact, Sakura must be capable of changing for SakuNaru to work, but then claim that Naruto and Hinata are uncapable of changing-regardless of how their characters have evolved.

Obviosuly Kushina mellowed as she got older so she could live with Minato. Why isn't Naruto capable of that to spend it with Hinata?
    I don't think Minato's personality is the same as Hinata's. She's not as natural with people, much more introverted. But seeing as we haven't seen much of either of them, there's no way to accurately compare them. Still, if NaruHina happened.. man, how much do you think he'd have to mellow out??

Actually, if you read my post fully, I said that it's likely that NaruSaku won't work. If Kishi will keep her on her one-sided, blind obsession with Sasuke, then it won't happen. I also wrote that she doesn't deserve Naruto if she's really that stupid. I don't see how that's self-serving.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post

I don't think that's really what Sharikaaria was saying.

She was just pointing out that the parallel between Minato and Hinata doesn't really jive. So NarutoXHinata probably aren't going to be functioning the same way they did. Hinata just doesn't fit that mold very well.

-----------------

As for Naruto and Sakura requiring some development(IE Sakura getting past her Sasuke hangup). I think that's true but it's also true, that for Naruto and Hinata, Naruto is going to have to get past his Sakura hang-up. So those two arguments seem to offset IMO.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 16, 2011 at 08:24 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

19. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Minato's personality is the same as Hinata's. She's not as natural with people, much more introverted. But seeing as we haven't seen much of either of them, there's no way to accurately compare them. Still, if NaruHina happened.. man, how much do you think he'd have to mellow out??

Actually, if you read my post fully, I said that it's likely that NaruSaku won't work. If Kishi will keep her on her one-sided, blind obsession with Sasuke, then it won't happen. I also wrote that she doesn't deserve Naruto if she's really that stupid. I don't see how that's self-serving.
    Hasn't he mellowed out already? He still has his spaz moments but Naruto has mellowed/matured since his days in Part 1. There isn't a reaason to think that it won't continue, unless you believe he is uncapable of maturing further. But if he is like Kushina then he definitely will. The same is true for Hinata. Yeah she had her fainting spell in the beginning of Part 2, but she didn't when she was on the mission to find Sasuke-in fact she initiated conversation with Naruto, and she clearly wasn't undecisive/reserved when she confronted Pain. I don't see her getting flustered around Naruto anymore. That was her character development, IMO. Of course, Kishi could always regress her back to her former self but that would be a waste. Hinata has changed as well so maybe she could confront Naruto when he's an idiot. It won't be like Sakura who punches Naruto-that would be too great a character shift. However, it's the quiet ones who are the scary ones when it comes to punishment.

It's self-serving to say Sakura can change-in fact must change for Naruto and Sakura to be a couple-while not acknowledging the changes in Naruto or Hinata. Naruto isn't the same hot-headed kid anymore. Sure he has his moments but he's more temperate these days. Hinata is gretting more self-confident. She is able to interact with others including Naruto. You can put a quiet person and a loud person together and make it work. It did for Kushina and Minato, there is no reason to think it couldn't for Hinata and Naruto. They are becomnig more compatible for each other it just lacks development.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Naruto has matured. He's alot more appealing than he was as a kid. And this new chapter-539-has me confused on who Sakura loves. And while I like HinaNaru, they just aren't together enough. However, I like SasuSaku more than NaruSaku, if only because...well, in the end, I love SasuNaru. Yes, it won't be canon, but I'm on a Beyblade binge and for those who know what the old episodes of Beyblade are like, then you can understand how I got this bad. KaiXTaka forever!

New Reply
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast