Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MysticAzure's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

I'm not quite understanding why that means Sakura's talking about Naruto. I don't think she was hiding anything. I wouldn't be like, "Sorry, I'm in love with John Smith." Why would you be specific with a random person? It's been shoved in our faces that she loves Sasuke. Karin also said so and I'm assuming she knew this on a chakra based level. As well as Kishimoto's own confirmation of this. As Sai said, she's committed to her love for Sasuke.

I don't see why everyone thinks shes hiding something. It was an awkward moment and "I like someone else" was all that needed to be said, really. She didn't have to give the guy specifics.
    Last edited by MysticAzure; May 20, 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Muka's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sho87 View Post
    I'm pretty sure in an interview, Kishimoto supported NaruHina. So Sakura must be talking about Sasuke.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Of course, like Naruto, she's always optimistic about her goals. She's basically a Fem Naruto. Thats why she's the main heroine. If Naruto feels that he can be saved, so can she.

Which interview please ?

Because i'm pretty sure Kishimoto is supporting NaruSaku.
    Oh well... no argument at all. Sorry

My Deviant - EgaO - AMME-art
    Naruto is an honorable, well intentioned person who is solely a force for good.
    He does what is right, even when it's hard, and even when it seems stupid to do so.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Muka View Post
    Which interview please ?

Because i'm pretty sure Kishimoto is supporting NaruSaku.
    Oh well... no argument at all. Sorry
    I think this is the interview he's talking about:

Quote Quote:
    Interviewer
    "Sakura had always been worried about Naruto, but her actions towards Naruto seem to have a different feel from before, she seems very anxious about Naruto...
    How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

Kishimoto
    "As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she [loves] Sasuke.

Interviewer
    Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
    She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.

Kishimoto
    On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
    So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
    I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
    But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
    Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
    Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "

Interviewer
    "When I first saw her hugging Naruto, my heart beat throbbed a bit."

Kishimoto
    "Well, an unpleasant person is an unpleasant person, but the feeling I was trying to depict is that you could say "after this, [my opinion of her] has gone up a bit... yeah"
    ----------------

So, what I get from that is that Kishimoto doesn't really like Sakura as a character and describe her as an "unpleasant" person.

But, he also say that people are always talking about Hinata and comparing them, and he reply simply by saying: "She's not Hinata".

I think that basically mean "Stop talking about Hinata, she's never going to be an important character in this manga."
    But that might just be how I see it...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

----------------

So, what I get from that is that Kishimoto doesn't really like Sakura as a character and describe her as an "unpleasant" person.

But, he also say that people are always talking about Hinata and comparing them, and he reply simply by saying: "She's not Hinata".

I think that basically mean "Stop talking about Hinata, she's never going to be an important character in this manga."
    Yeah, it sounded as if he finds Hinata irrelevant.

Whatever he's trying to make Sakura out to be is not showing up for the readers, I think. She was not much like a heroine when she lied to Naruto about her feelings, although he intended for her to be one. Now he's calling her unpleasant. And yes - she's definitely had her unpleasant moments, but I wouldn't use that word to define her entire character.

At the end, he did say she's improving in that respect, so at least we can hope for something better from Sakura. Thank goodness..

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

To be fair, Sakura is not an important character in this manga either. To this day, we know nothing about Sakura's clan, her parents or family members. Hinata may not be one of the leading characters in this manga but we know alot more about Hinata than Sakura and why is that? If Sakaru's so-called love confession was sincere, Naruto would have never told her that he hate people who lie to themselves. Even though Sakura is still in love with Sasuke, I honestly don't think that Sakura knows the difference between love and being in love. Sakura is infatuation with the thought of being in love with Sasuke while Hinata's loves for Naruto come natural.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

----------------

Nope, Kishi in an inteview stated that one dynamic will happen in the end romantic wise, and he banks for Hinata to get her chance with Naruto.

You know, I always wondered something. How come Sasuke can have such a positive effect on Naruto and not a positive effect on Sakura when it comes down to bonds or love.

For Naruto, Naruto grows and develops better and stronger for his motivation for Sasuke and is drive to save him is apperant with his active interest with the guy.

While with Sasuke, Sakura is always sad or distant when being with him. And for the record has always cried or broke down when Sasuke was getting hurt or Sakura was getting hurt by him.

While Sasuke and Sakura have positive relationships with Naruto respectively and close bonds. Sasuke has both a neutral yet one sided relationship with one of his team mates yet this so called strong and passonate rivalry with Naruto. Why does Sasuke have to have a positive and a negative impact on both characters(or specifically Sakura).

Especially romantic wise, whats going on through Kishi's head when he writes Sasuke with anyone not Naruto or Itachi.
    Last edited by sho87; May 21, 2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, Kishi in an inteview stated that one dynamic will happen in the end romantic wise, and he banks for Hinata to get her chance with Naruto.
    I remember the interview you're talking about.
    IIRC, this was written before she confessed to Naruto.

So basically, he was talking about the confession, saying that Hinata would finally give it a shot.
    And we saw the result!

In any case, I don't know exactly what Kishi is planning for both Sakura and Hinata, but it's safe to say that the romance in this manga is at a stalemate.

In over 10 years of writing, the romance didn't move much.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishimoto stated that he hopes Hinata has more progress with Naruto in that line.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, why does anybody still pay attention to his interviews at all?

He's never going to give away anything, he's a writer. Delivering vague indecipherable answers is practically a law for them. No writer worth their salt is ever going to give away any major part of their own story, ever.

Writer interviews are all more or less the same, lots of perspective on things that have already occurred and when somebody asked a question relating to the future they are greeted with phrases like "I wonder if.....", "It would be interesting if...", and "I'd like to see...". And all manner of other sentences which end in question marks.

And occasionally outright lies. Like "This will be the year of Sakura and Kakashi."
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    To be fair, Sakura is not an important character in this manga either. To this day, we know nothing about Sakura's clan, her parents or family members. Hinata may not be one of the leading characters in this manga but we know alot more about Hinata than Sakura and why is that? If Sakaru's so-called love confession was sincere, Naruto would have never told her that he hate people who lie to themselves. Even though Sakura is still in love with Sasuke, I honestly don't think that Sakura knows the difference between love and being in love. Sakura is infatuation with the thought of being in love with Sasuke while Hinata's loves for Naruto come natural.
    Sakura is still very important even if we don't learn about her family. She is one of the main characters in the manga and probably third most important after Sasuke and Naruto. Her lack of a background likely has more to do with how Kishi perceives Sakura as a character.

Kishimoto said Sakura and Rock Lee symbolize human weakness(in the beginning). Neither character has a clan or have we seen their family. They are flawed and have to make up ground on the others to be great ninja. Unlike with Sasuke and Naruto, Sakura likely comes from humble origins. She lacks their genes and lineage. Her family was not Uchiha, Hokages, or even apparently ninja. I think Kishi likes that Sakura is an outsider in a sense and an underdog. Of course we can find out Sakura is a long lost Uzumaki and everything goes out the window, but this is how I see Sakura.

I never get the feeling Kishi really likes Sakura. He still sees her as very flawed and lacking maturity. It's easy to see the characters he really likes. Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Minato, Killer Bee, Gaara. But I do feel he wants to do right by Sakura and make her a great shonen heroine. In that case, the next few chapters will be interesting.

Then this was the interview you are talking about.
    http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9468/50720885hl7.jpg

It was done in U.S. Shonen Jump about 6 years ago. Given how much Kishi changes his mind and all the things that have happened since then, it's irrelevant to anything currently happening.
    Last edited by Jessie; May 21, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Sakura is still very important even if we don't learn about her family. She is one of the main characters in the manga and probably third most important after Sasuke and Naruto. Her lack of a background likely has more to do with how Kishi perceives Sakura as a character.

Kishimoto said Sakura and Rock Lee symbolize human weakness(in the beginning). Neither character has a clan or have we seen their family. They are flawed and have to make up ground on the others to be great ninja. Unlike with Sasuke and Naruto, Sakura likely comes from humble origins. She lacks their genes and lineage. Her family was not Uchiha, Hokages, or even apparently ninja. I think Kishi likes that Sakura is an outsider in a sense and an underdog. Of course we can find out Sakura is a long lost Uzumaki and everything goes out the window, but this is how I see Sakura.

I never get the feeling Kishi really likes Sakura. He still sees her as very flawed and lacking maturity. It's easy to see the characters he really likes. Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Minato, Killer Bee, Gaara. But I do feel he wants to do right by Sakura and make her a great shonen heroine. In that case, the next few chapters will be interesting.
    What kind of relationship did the Haruno clan had with three of most powerful clans - the Senjus, the Uzumakis and the Uchihas in Naruto's Universe? If Sakura's mom or dad was either Kushina or Minato's teammate, then we know why.

I get the feeling that Kishimoto-sama could care less about Sakura's hidden potential. Why didn't he put a Genjutsu user type on Kurenai's team? As for being flawed, lacking maturity and have to make up grounds, which genius character is not? To say that Sakura likely comes from humble origins, you may be right but I would say that Sakura comes from a wanna to be noble clan, which may explain her haughtiness attitude towards Naruto and Sasuke can do no wrong to Sakura. If Sakura receive heroine status during and after this Fourth Great Shinobi World War, it will be in the area of medical treatment.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    I don't see how Sakura's love for Sasuke and Hinata's love for Naruto are really any different. Both started as pre-teen and childhood crushes, and both love men they hardly know at all. They admire them for their admirable traits yet don't seem to care at all about their bad traits.

Fact of the matter remains that these are teenagers we are talking about, they wear their emotions on their sleeves and don't know how to properly express them as shown by Sakura.

As for Sakura not being important, she damn well is. Not knowing about her past doesn't mean anything because her past before Team 7 doesn't affect the plot unlike Naruto and Sasuke's.

Sakura is essentially the most important person to Naruto. He's risked life and limb for her, and vowed to bring Sasuke back for her.

As much as Naruto loves Sasuke like a brother, his love for Sakura is deeper than that for just a sister. He is attracted to her, and isn't willing to sacrafice her like he is ready to do with Sasuke when he told them they may both die if they fight.

On the flipside, Sakura is only one of three people Sasuke has shown he has feelings for along with Naruto and Kakashi. Everyone else he loved is long dead, and Hawk doesn't count for anything seeing as he tired to kill one of them and left the other two for dead.

Now, her importance in terms of fighting and the outcome of the war isn't important, but she is more important to the two main characters than any other living character.

Just think for a second, if Naruto would to be set off at this point by the death of anyone, who would it be? It would be Sakura, his teammate, the girl who takes care of him, the girl who does love him in some aspect.

When Hinata "died" Naruto went ape-shit in large part to the Kyuubi's influence. If that happened to Sakura now, Naruto would go ape-shit all on his own, mark my words. Just look at how pissed he was when Sasuke tried and failed to kill her. If he had succeeded he would have let loose ever ounce of power in him to destroy Sasuke.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Thabor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure in an interview, Kishimoto supported NaruHina. So Sakura must be talking about Sasuke.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Of course, like Naruto, she's always optimistic about her goals. She's basically a Fem Naruto. Thats why she's the main heroine. If Naruto feels that he can be saved, so can she.
    Going off of supposed interviews is always iffy.. There is a ton of bogus information out there.. About the most positive thing I can remember reading said that Kishi hoped Hinata got her chance, and that was prior to the Pein fight.

I think the last thing I would ever compare Sakura to is Naruto.. She keeps giving up. She doesn't understand others feelings, and tends to be very selfish.

I think she was either just giving the guy the brush off, or she was talking about Inari .. He has a similar personality to Naruto, but knows how to compliment a woman.. And he doesn't have all the ninja baggage.
    Hey Kishi, even Madara knows...

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

He's never going to give away anything, he's a writer. Delivering vague indecipherable answers is practically a law for them. No writer worth their salt is ever going to give away any major part of their own story, ever.

Writer interviews are all more or less the same, lots of perspective on things that have already occurred and when somebody asked a question relating to the future they are greeted with phrases like "I wonder if.....", "It would be interesting if...", and "I'd like to see...". And all manner of other sentences which end in question marks.

And occasionally outright lies. Like "This will be the year of Sakura and Kakashi."
    Because people are desperately looking for ammo for their couples' justificaiton and the manga isn't providing any. Sadly, after 11+ years we still have the same 3 one-sided relationships with no significant shift in any of them. The Moon's Eye arc will be starting shortly and then it's over. People are scrambling through old interviews and old databooks trying to find something tangible because we're at the end of the rope. We may get 1-2 fleeting romantic panels in the final arc and then the series will concluide. That's all we're gonna get. However, I don't think many people will be satisfied with the outcome no matter which pairing survives in the end, especially if you're looking for a substantial romantic outcome. Too much of the story has elasped for there to be a fulfilling relationship by the end. Sure, people will be happy that their couple won out over the other one, however, it's going to lack the development for it to be rewarding. Some may not care but for those of us who were expecting some romantic discourse throughout this seires (since Kishi does play the romance angle) are going to be left holding the bag wondering where things went wrong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

----------------

I think he was more saying that Sakura and Hinata are not the same character, and that it's kinda naive for people to expect them to act the same when they are not the same...So pretty much, he's tired of people telling him how to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post

And again, a great, thoughtful quote by Jammin. But then again, isn't sifting through the facts and lies of his interview kinda fun?
    Last edited by Rosebunse; May 23, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 13 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast