Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 1316

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #196
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    I don't see how Sakura's love for Sasuke and Hinata's love for Naruto are really any different. Both started as pre-teen and childhood crushes, and both love men they hardly know at all. They admire them for their admirable traits yet don't seem to care at all about their bad traits.

    Fact of the matter remains that these are teenagers we are talking about, they wear their emotions on their sleeves and don't know how to properly express them as shown by Sakura.

    As for Sakura not being important, she damn well is. Not knowing about her past doesn't mean anything because her past before Team 7 doesn't affect the plot unlike Naruto and Sasuke's.

    Sakura is essentially the most important person to Naruto. He's risked life and limb for her, and vowed to bring Sasuke back for her.

    As much as Naruto loves Sasuke like a brother, his love for Sakura is deeper than that for just a sister. He is attracted to her, and isn't willing to sacrafice her like he is ready to do with Sasuke when he told them they may both die if they fight.

    On the flipside, Sakura is only one of three people Sasuke has shown he has feelings for along with Naruto and Kakashi. Everyone else he loved is long dead, and Hawk doesn't count for anything seeing as he tired to kill one of them and left the other two for dead.

    Now, her importance in terms of fighting and the outcome of the war isn't important, but she is more important to the two main characters than any other living character.

    Just think for a second, if Naruto would to be set off at this point by the death of anyone, who would it be? It would be Sakura, his teammate, the girl who takes care of him, the girl who does love him in some aspect.

    When Hinata "died" Naruto went ape-shit in large part to the Kyuubi's influence. If that happened to Sakura now, Naruto would go ape-shit all on his own, mark my words. Just look at how pissed he was when Sasuke tried and failed to kill her. If he had succeeded he would have let loose ever ounce of power in him to destroy Sasuke.

    You guys can spin this so-called Naruto Sakura true love affair all you want. The fact of the matter is that Sakura sudden interest in Sasuke's love was prompted purely by Ino's crush. Hinata was the only girl at the Ninja Academy that had feeling for Naruto but all the other girls had feelings for handsome Sasuke. Naruto's first impression of Hinata was no different than his mother's first impression of Minato. Naruto thought Hinata was weird and Kushina thought Minato looked flaky and even girly. If Kushina had told her son that when she saw Minato for the very first time at the Ninja Academy that he was the most handsome boy in the village that would have set the wheels in motion for Naruto and Sakura living happily ever after since Naruto's had a crush on Sakura.

    As for going ape-shit that depends on Naruto's true feelings. If Sakura's love confession was sincere, enraged Naruto would have exploded into nine-tailed form after seeing Sasuke trying to kill Sakura from behind. When Hinata "died" Naruto exploded into six-tailed form all on his own without Kyuubi's influences because I believe that Naruto in Sage Mode knew that Hinata's feelings was sincere. When Naruto wasn't sure whether he could defeat Neji and began to doubt himself, it was Hinata not Sakura who told him to never give up, she believes in him and kick Neji's behind. I cannot see Sakura saying those encouraging words to Naruto or sacrificing her so-called love for him. When Naruto was treated as an outcast, Hinata was always there for him and her feelings were always genuine and she really does care for Naruto despite what people said about him. She was the only one that cheered him on at the Ninja Academy matchup against Sasuke and so-called love confessing Sakura never even bother to do so. I am quite sure that Hinata would have cheer Naruto on when he fought Gaara, Kakuzu, Nagato, Kakuzu, Diedara, Zabuza, Haku and Sasuke and also supported his effort in avenging Pervy Sage's death.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  2. #197
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    You guys can spin this so-called Naruto Sakura true love affair all you want. The fact of the matter is that Sakura sudden interest in Sasuke's love was prompted purely by Ino's crush. Hinata was the only girl at the Ninja Academy that had feeling for Naruto but all the other girls had feelings for handsome Sasuke. Naruto's first impression of Hinata was no different than his mother's first impression of Minato. Naruto thought Hinata was weird and Kushina thought Minato looked flaky and even girly. If Kushina had told her son that when she saw Minato for the very first time at the Ninja Academy that he was the most handsome boy in the village that would have set the wheels in motion for Naruto and Sakura living happily ever after since Naruto's had a crush on Sakura.
    Ok, I need to say something because people really need to understand something about relationships in this manga, and perhaps just in general.

    Firstly, the concept of "love" is not something a 16 year old children can grasp. I don't care how "mature" they are because they are ninja, none of them are experienced in the ways of love, not to mention they are a bunch of hormonal teenagers. Not saying I have all the answer for love at my old age of 22, but to say these characters know what the hell love is is absurd.

    Examples. 1) Sakura's obsession with Sasuke. Like all young girls, Sakura "loved" Sasuke because he was handsome and intelligent. O, great reasons to "love" someone Her reasons to keep "loving" him can be chaulked up to the trauma of him leaving so early when she thought she loved him. Fact of the matter is Sakura doesn't love Sasuke because she has no reason to, her obsession with him at the moment is connected to the trauma she suffered, and like all teenagers she has no control over her emotions.

    2) Hinata's obsession with Naruto. Are you kidding? How many conversations had they had before they spoke? She admired him because he was brave and handsome. Ok....She first admired him because of what reasons again? What was there to admire about a cowardly, stupid, and rude young boy? Or did she like him because he was just different and awkward like she was? How can you tell someone you love them without ever having a meaninful conversation with them? People love to say Hinata's "love" for Naruto is so sincere...blah, blah, blah. The truth is, her "love" for Naruto is no different than Sakura's love for Sasuke or Naruto, she simply presented it much better than Sakura ever did.

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    As for going ape-shit that depends on Naruto's true feelings. If Sakura's love confession was sincere, enraged Naruto would have exploded into nine-tailed form after seeing Sasuke trying to kill Sakura from behind. When Hinata "died" Naruto exploded into six-tailed form all on his own without Kyuubi's influences because I believe that Naruto in Sage Mode knew that Hinata's feelings was sincere. When Naruto wasn't sure whether he could defeat Neji and began to doubt himself, it was Hinata not Sakura who told him to never give up, she believes in him and kick Neji's behind. I cannot see Sakura saying those encouraging words to Naruto or sacrificing her so-called love for him. When Naruto was treated as an outcast, Hinata was always there for him and her feelings were always genuine and she really does care for Naruto despite what people said about him. She was the only one that cheered him on at the Ninja Academy matchup against Sasuke and so-called love confessing Sakura never even bother to do so. I am quite sure that Hinata would have cheer Naruto on when he fought Gaara, Kakuzu, Nagato, Kakuzu, Diedara, Zabuza, Haku and Sasuke and also supported his effort in avenging Pervy Sage's death.
    Hinata was there for Naruto? O really? Please show me when. If my memory serves me correctly, Hinata hid in the fucking corner mumbling and shitting herself. Never ONCE was she there for Naruto.

    Naruto was treated as an "outcast" when his friends didn't know any better when they were all 12 and 13. He didn't help matters by acting like a child and being a complete and utter moron either.

    As for Naruto exploded when Pain "killed" Hinata, he did so when his seal was at its weakest. If any of his friends had been killed in front of him he would have acted the same exact way. He did not do that of his own free will, whenever his emotions got out of wack, the Kyuubi influenced him into using his power, he nearly removed the seal under the Kyuubi's influence if not for Minato, so please don't make things up.

    As for why he didn't explode when he rescued Sakura, well shit idk, maybe he didn't want to kill her while she was in his arms, and he no longer needed the Kyuubi as a crutch to fight his battles. He had better control over his emotions, and if he did go ape-shit at this point he wouldn't need the Kyuubi to do so.

    Even if Sakura's feelings for Naruto are fake, its at least understandable why they could be real. No one knows Naruto like Sakura, no ones spent as much time with him outside of Jiraiya. Whos name was Sakura screaming for during the Pain invasion? Naruto's. And who ran to Naruto first when he came back? Sakura.

    And wow, Hinata would have cheered on Naruto while he fought people....woo she should win a medal for that. Should be give her a sign and pom poms too?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #198
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Delbi, but no matter how much you want to spin the Naruto Sakura's love, there is not one evidence in the black and white pages of Naruto's manga to support your facts. As for the age factor, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  5. #199
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Ok, I need to say something because people really need to understand something about relationships in this manga, and perhaps just in general.

    Firstly, the concept of "love" is not something a 16 year old children can grasp. I don't care how "mature" they are because they are ninja, none of them are experienced in the ways of love, not to mention they are a bunch of hormonal teenagers. Not saying I have all the answer for love at my old age of 22, but to say these characters know what the hell love is is absurd.

    Examples. 1) Sakura's obsession with Sasuke. Like all young girls, Sakura "loved" Sasuke because he was handsome and intelligent. O, great reasons to "love" someone Her reasons to keep "loving" him can be chaulked up to the trauma of him leaving so early when she thought she loved him. Fact of the matter is Sakura doesn't love Sasuke because she has no reason to, her obsession with him at the moment is connected to the trauma she suffered, and like all teenagers she has no control over her emotions.

    2) Hinata's obsession with Naruto. Are you kidding? How many conversations had they had before they spoke? She admired him because he was brave and handsome. Ok....She first admired him because of what reasons again? What was there to admire about a cowardly, stupid, and rude young boy? Or did she like him because he was just different and awkward like she was? How can you tell someone you love them without ever having a meaninful conversation with them? People love to say Hinata's "love" for Naruto is so sincere...blah, blah, blah. The truth is, her "love" for Naruto is no different than Sakura's love for Sasuke or Naruto, she simply presented it much better than Sakura ever did.



    Hinata was there for Naruto? O really? Please show me when. If my memory serves me correctly, Hinata hid in the fucking corner mumbling and shitting herself. Never ONCE was she there for Naruto.

    Naruto was treated as an "outcast" when his friends didn't know any better when they were all 12 and 13. He didn't help matters by acting like a child and being a complete and utter moron either.

    As for Naruto exploded when Pain "killed" Hinata, he did so when his seal was at its weakest. If any of his friends had been killed in front of him he would have acted the same exact way. He did not do that of his own free will, whenever his emotions got out of wack, the Kyuubi influenced him into using his power, he nearly removed the seal under the Kyuubi's influence if not for Minato, so please don't make things up.

    As for why he didn't explode when he rescued Sakura, well shit idk, maybe he didn't want to kill her while she was in his arms, and he no longer needed the Kyuubi as a crutch to fight his battles. He had better control over his emotions, and if he did go ape-shit at this point he wouldn't need the Kyuubi to do so.

    Even if Sakura's feelings for Naruto are fake, its at least understandable why they could be real. No one knows Naruto like Sakura, no ones spent as much time with him outside of Jiraiya. Whos name was Sakura screaming for during the Pain invasion? Naruto's. And who ran to Naruto first when he came back? Sakura.

    And wow, Hinata would have cheered on Naruto while he fought people....woo she should win a medal for that. Should be give her a sign and pom poms too?
    Hinata admired Naruto because he never gave up despite constant failures, and she wanted to emulate that. Looks had nothing to do with it. To be honest, I don't understand why people accuse Hinata of worshipping Naruto. During her pre-Neji fight pep talk with Naruto, she flat out said she didn't think he was perfect. Also, we have not Hinata The Character confronted with his more negative traits because Hinata The Character Device is meant to show Naruto's positive effect on people.
    As for the Sakura-Hinata comparison, they both want acknowledgment from their interest. I'd argue that Hinata understands Naruto more than Sakura does Sasuke, but that would continue the Sasusaku-Narusaku-Naruhina debate, which no one wants.
    Inconsistency is sometimes my middle name... just sayin'

  6. #200
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Delbi, but no matter how much you want to spin the Naruto Sakura's love, there is not one evidence in the black and white pages of Naruto's manga to support your facts. As for the age factor, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.
    Please re-read what I wrote and explain to me where I am supporting them because I'm not supporting their love, far from it.

    My point is, people seem to think Hinata's love for Naruto is sooo much better than Sakura's love for Naruto or Sasuke when in fact it isn't.

    And for what it's worth, Naruto has never once expressed any feelings for Hinata while he has repeatedly done so for Sakura.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  7. #201
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    @Delbi - I think most of your points are reasonable except for the part about Hinata never being there for Naruto. I think throwing herself in Pain's way at his defense counts for something. But yes, it is just admiration on her part that she's misunderstood as love for now, just the way Sakura has misunderstood her own feelings for Sasuke.

  8. #202
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Even though Sakura confess her love to Naruto, she knew that she was lying to him when she said that she don't care about Sasuke at all anymore now that he's a criminal because when she confronted that criminal, she told him that she regretted not going with him and was willing to betray the leaf for him. I only wish that Kakashi-sensei could have heard what Sakura told Sasuke. Sakura loves Sasuke so much that she was willing to kill Karin to prove her loyalty.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  9. #203
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I think by this point, we are all going around in circles and making the SAME points over and over again. Is there anything new? I need something new! So, here's to something different:

    Would Tsunade and Jiraiya have worked in the long term, or was it doom to end badly? Now, I think the killing point in their relationship was Orochimaru/the kyubi. Now, first off, I think sooner or later, Tsunade would've came back sooner or later, probably because of debt, and probably would've wanted to settle down, to probably help with the debt. However, the kyubi attack, which happened before Orochimaru's defection, probably is what made Jiraiya over the edge to begin with. He looses his favorite student, who was like a son to him, then he looses his best friend. If it wasn't for that, maybe he would've stayed...

    I really needed a new topic.

  10. #204
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Even though Sakura confess her love to Naruto, she knew that she was lying to him when she said that she don't care about Sasuke at all anymore now that he's a criminal because when she confronted that criminal, she told him that she regretted not going with him and was willing to betray the leaf for him. I only wish that Kakashi-sensei could have heard what Sakura told Sasuke. Sakura loves Sasuke so much that she was willing to kill Karin to prove her loyalty.
    Are you serious? Sakura was lying! Even as she said all those things, she realized Sasuke had changed for the worse. She thought his proposal to kill Karin was cold and inhumane. When she walked forward to do it, she was steeling herself to attack Sasuke, not Karin. She just didn't have the resolve to do it, giving Sasuke the opportunity to slide behind her and attack.

  11. #205
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Would Tsunade and Jiraiya have worked in the long term, or was it doom to end badly? Now, I think the killing point in their relationship was Orochimaru/the kyubi. Now, first off, I think sooner or later, Tsunade would've came back sooner or later, probably because of debt, and probably would've wanted to settle down, to probably help with the debt. However, the kyubi attack, which happened before Orochimaru's defection, probably is what made Jiraiya over the edge to begin with. He looses his favorite student, who was like a son to him, then he looses his best friend. If it wasn't for that, maybe he would've stayed...

    I really needed a new topic.
    I don't think that Tsunade and Jiraiya would have had a love relationship because Tsunade was still in love with Dan and Jiraiya loves the ladies. But it would have been nice if they did for Naruto sake. As for a new topic, there is not a lot of love interest in Naruto Universe.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  12. #206
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    I don't think that Tsunade and Jiraiya would have had a love relationship because Tsunade was still in love with Dan and Jiraiya loves the ladies. But it would have been nice if they did for Naruto sake. As for a new topic, there is not a lot of love interest in Naruto Universe.
    Tsunade did show to have feelings for Jiraiya, especially when she said Jiraiya didn't have to pretend in front of her anymore around when Jiraiya left to spy on Amegakure and Pain.

    Hinata actually loved Naruto for who he was, different reason from Sakura loving Sasuke. Naruto was a failure, no one special, but what Hinata loved about Naruto was his will and dedication, how he never gave up no matter what. Sakura "loved" Sasuke because he was mysterious, good-looking, and talented. Hell, if it weren't for Sasuke, then Sakura may not have tried to treat Naruto better, though she started to gain respect for him after seeing what he could do.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #207
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Even though Sakura confess her love to Naruto, she knew that she was lying to him when she said that she don't care about Sasuke at all anymore now that he's a criminal because when she confronted that criminal, she told him that she regretted not going with him and was willing to betray the leaf for him. I only wish that Kakashi-sensei could have heard what Sakura told Sasuke. Sakura loves Sasuke so much that she was willing to kill Karin to prove her loyalty.
    ...Naruto said Sakura's feelings for him was a lie. He has no right to tell anyone what their feelings are or what opinions they should have since he is the most opinionated character in the entire manga.

    As for Sakura saying all that to Sasuke, she said it so he'd trust her so she could kill him. She simply didn't have the balls to do so.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  15. #208
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharikaaria View Post
    Are you serious? Sakura was lying! Even as she said all those things, she realized Sasuke had changed for the worse. She thought his proposal to kill Karin was cold and inhumane. When she walked forward to do it, she was steeling herself to attack Sasuke, not Karin. She just didn't have the resolve to do it, giving Sasuke the opportunity to slide behind her and attack.
    Yes I am. Sakura was lying to herself big time. Sakura wanted to kill Sasuke so bad but couldn't because she loves him despite his criminal status. How could you compare Sakura's infatuation to Hinata's love?


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  16. #209
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    I don't think that Tsunade and Jiraiya would have had a love relationship because Tsunade was still in love with Dan and Jiraiya loves the ladies. But it would have been nice if they did for Naruto sake. As for a new topic, there is not a lot of love interest in Naruto Universe.
    I know, but I really, really needed something different. It feels like we complain about the same thing all the time. But I think Tsunade would have probably moved on sooner or later. I mean, it was difficult for her, but she did eventually. Or, you could argue that the whole thing, with the Kyubi and Orochimaru, may have been the best thing for her. At least that gave her a reason to move on. Funny to think about these things.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #210
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Even though Sakura confess her love to Naruto, she knew that she was lying to him when she said that she don't care about Sasuke at all anymore now that he's a criminal because when she confronted that criminal, she told him that she regretted not going with him and was willing to betray the leaf for him. I only wish that Kakashi-sensei could have heard what Sakura told Sasuke. Sakura loves Sasuke so much that she was willing to kill Karin to prove her loyalty.
    Have we read the same manga?!
    This was all a plan so that she could kill Sasuke...

    Everything she said to him was a lie.
    She wanted to join him so that she could backstab him.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  19. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts