Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 1588

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #211
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharikaaria View Post
    @Delbi - I think most of your points are reasonable except for the part about Hinata never being there for Naruto. I think throwing herself in Pain's way at his defense counts for something. But yes, it is just admiration on her part that she's misunderstood as love for now, just the way Sakura has misunderstood her own feelings for Sasuke.
    She was never there, she was a coward up until she stepped in front of Pain. She knew he was alone, yet never did anything about it, plain and simple. Her cheering him on and giving him ointment in the Chunnin are the only two examples of her doing ANYTHING for him the entire time they knew one another until she stupidly jumped in front of Pain to protect him.

    And getting to that, that was one of the most stupid and selfish acts any character in the manga has ever done. Telling him she loved him counted for something, not stupidly throwing her life away to do so. She stood no chance, not even Gai, the most able ninja in the village at the time went to help Naruto because he was ordered not to. Her doing that is simply a sign of immaturity and stupidity, as there was no need for her to be put in harms way, she even acknowledges this later in front of Sakura.

    So yes, the confession she made counts for something I guess, but the way she did it, and her timing was awful, much like Sakura's confession to Naruto.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #212
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Hinata: "Naruto, sorry I picked a bad time to try to save your life, I should have waited until you were dead"

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #213
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Have we read the same manga?!
    This was all a plan so that she could kill Sasuke...

    Everything she said to him was a lie.
    She wanted to join him so that she could backstab him.
    I don't think she was lying. Like possibly with Naruto, she was using her true and genuine feelings to accomplish her missions. She knows that Sasuke knew of her infatuation with her and was trying to play on that.

    Also, if Sakura was lying, then she would have been able to kill Sasuke instead of break down and refuse because of her love for him.

    So basically, Sakura's not above playing with feelings and using the truth to get what she needs. Dangerous. X_x

  5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #214
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    She was never there, she was a coward up until she stepped in front of Pain. She knew he was alone, yet never did anything about it, plain and simple. Her cheering him on and giving him ointment in the Chunnin are the only two examples of her doing ANYTHING for him the entire time they knew one another until she stupidly jumped in front of Pain to protect him.

    And getting to that, that was one of the most stupid and selfish acts any character in the manga has ever done. Telling him she loved him counted for something, not stupidly throwing her life away to do so. She stood no chance, not even Gai, the most able ninja in the village at the time went to help Naruto because he was ordered not to. Her doing that is simply a sign of immaturity and stupidity, as there was no need for her to be put in harms way, she even acknowledges this later in front of Sakura.

    So yes, the confession she made counts for something I guess, but the way she did it, and her timing was awful, much like Sakura's confession to Naruto.
    BTW, Hinata was going to help Naruto well before she actually did, but she stopped when she was told she would get in the way (just like everyone else stopped). However, when she saw that Naruto was in a hopeless spot, she at least tried. Even if she knew she would fail, trying makes things happen. Watching him get killed just guarantees he will die, trying might give a small chance of saving him, or buying time for someone else to save him, or get lucky, etc.


  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #215
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    reading some of you guy's post about hinata's confession reminded me of something. Didn't sakura did the same thing when gaara was about to kill sasuke. She probably knew that she didn't stand a chance and that she could have die, yet she jump right in front to protect sasuke without hesitation, and this scence make me wonder if she really love naruto shouldn't she have done the same thing that hinata did, the exact thing that she did for sasuke before. It make me wonder what was on her mind when she heard nauto get pin down.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #216
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Hinata was able to see what was going on and was closer to the scene than Sakura, who could barely see what happened. Plus, wasn't she with someone else trying to heal one of the Konoha 10?

    She did try to save Naruto when he was in his Kyuubi mode at the bridge and got hurt for it. In Part II, she's definitely shown more care towards Naruto than before.

  11. #217
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Hinata was able to see what was going on and was closer to the scene than Sakura, who could barely see what happened. Plus, wasn't she with someone else trying to heal one of the Konoha 10?

    She did try to save Naruto when he was in his Kyuubi mode at the bridge and got hurt for it. In Part II, she's definitely shown more care towards Naruto than before.
    That why I said when she heard naruto get pin down, there was an byakugan guy right next to her. I don't remeber her healing anyone , maybe I was wrong. Also how did you know hinata was closer.

    Also you said she try save naruto when he was kuybi mode at the bridge, what was she saving him from exactly. She was just probably worring about him, but still Idon't think she would have jump in front of naruto and defend him like she did sasuke, maybe she will but not with out hesitation like she did for sasuke.

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #218
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I really tried to stay get another topic. I did. I don't understand the fixation on who's going to end up with who. I love and appreciate the romance of Naruto, but the way many people act towards it is a bit much. Kishi has so far has made it a vocal point as many writers do. There is not an established main couple. Though I find the whole mess fairly, and strangely, realistic, there are many who complain. Is it that people aren't used to this kind of love story in a shoenen manga, or is it something else?

  14. #219
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Alderney
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    She stood no chance, not even Gai, the most able ninja in the village at the time went to help Naruto because he was ordered not to..
    It helped that he wasn't in Konoha... Hinata jumping in was immature, but she was also the only sane one in the bunch. The key to the Pain invasion for Konoha was making sure Naruto wasn't captured. The moment he was captured, only Hinata had the guts to actually step up. Let's imagine Bee and Naruto getting defeated in the current war. What would be the smart thing for any Ninja? Sacrifice his life in the hopes of freeing them; or not doing anything and hoping it isn't that bad to let the bad guy win? Hinata was all that stood between Madara and the fullfilment of his plan at that moment. So immature maybe, irresponsible no.

  15. #220
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    ...Firstly, the concept of "love" is not something a 16 year old children can grasp. I don't care how "mature" they are because they are ninja, none of them are experienced in the ways of love, not to mention they are a bunch of hormonal teenagers. Not saying I have all the answer for love at my old age of 22, but to say these characters know what the hell love is is absurd.
    Sure these kids are immature and normal teenagers/young adults change their tastes in dates every 2 years. However, this is manga where a person is either insanely loyal to one person, "discovers" a new love interest if they have none, or switches to the other girl. That's it not much felxibillity.

    Quote Quote:
    2) Hinata's obsession with Naruto. Are you kidding? How many conversations had they had before they spoke? She admired him because he was brave and handsome. Ok....She first admired him because of what reasons again? What was there to admire about a cowardly, stupid, and rude young boy? Or did she like him because he was just different and awkward like she was? How can you tell someone you love them without ever having a meaninful conversation with them? People love to say Hinata's "love" for Naruto is so sincere...blah, blah, blah. The truth is, her "love" for Naruto is no different than Sakura's love for Sasuke or Naruto, she simply presented it much better than Sakura ever did.
    Did you miss the conversation between Hinata and Naruto about the chunnin finals where they talk about Naruto's chances on winning? It's the only heart-to-heart conversation Naruto has had with wny girls. Hinata's feeelings of admiration for Naruto grew into feelings of love. Her admiration caused changes in herself, helping her become a better person. She saw Naruto differenrlty than others and knew his true worth before others did, That's not the groupie worship that Sakura had for Sasuke. They are different. Personal growth and accomplsihment that don't invole pumnmeling an opponent get crapped on by members on this forum, but that doesn't mean they are insignificant.

    Quote Quote:
    Hinata was there for Naruto? O really? Please show me when. If my memory serves me correctly, Hinata hid in the fucking corner mumbling and shitting herself. Never ONCE was she there for Naruto.
    Ever watch the Pain/Naruto fight? Who came to Naruto's rescue?

    Quote Quote:
    As for Naruto exploded when Pain "killed" Hinata, he did so when his seal was at its weakest. If any of his friends had been killed in front of him he would have acted the same exact way. He did not do that of his own free will, whenever his emotions got out of wack, the Kyuubi influenced him into using his power, he nearly removed the seal under the Kyuubi's influence if not for Minato, so please don't make things up.
    Completely wrong. Naruto was not evoking the Kyuubi's cloak while staked to the gorund by Pain. That is what happens when Naruto's seal weakens via exhaustion. That didn't happen here. When Naruto expereinces great negative emotions like hate, pain, or sadness that is when he goes straight to beast forms like when with Orochimaru and Pain.

    If Naruto would do this for anybody then why didn't he do it for Pa Frog. He was skewered right in front of him. According to your belief that would have triggered the event since it was Naruto's 3rd master to be killed by Pain, but it didn't. So whether you want to admit it Hinata means something to Naruto, what that is hasn'tt been revealed to us yet.

    Quote Quote:
    As for why he didn't explode when he rescued Sakura, well shit idk, maybe he didn't want to kill her while she was in his arms, and he no longer needed the Kyuubi as a crutch to fight his battles. He had better control over his emotions, and if he did go ape-shit at this point he wouldn't need the Kyuubi to do so.
    Because Naruto saves people all the time it would be silly if he went Kyuubi every time he saved Sakura. Watching helplessly while someone you care about gets killed in front of you, that is way more traumatic-worthy of going 6-tails and beyond.

    Quote Quote:
    Even if Sakura's feelings for Naruto are fake, its at least understandable why they could be real. No one knows Naruto like Sakura, no ones spent as much time with him outside of Jiraiya. Whos name was Sakura screaming for during the Pain invasion? Naruto's. And who ran to Naruto first when he came back? Sakura.
    So evey girl who hugged Naruto and every guy who slapped him on the ass in thanks must be romantically in love with Naruto? Bzzt.

    Quote Quote:
    And wow, Hinata would have cheered on Naruto while he fought people....woo she should win a medal for that. Should be give her a sign and pom poms too?
    You can say that for most girls in shonen series. All they are capable of doing is screaminjg the protagonists name. Sakura does it, Hinata does it...now everyone is doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse
    I really tried to stay get another topic. I did. I don't understand the fixation on who's going to end up with who. I love and appreciate the romance of Naruto, but the way many people act towards it is a bit much. Kishi has so far has made it a vocal point as many writers do. There is not an established main couple. Though I find the whole mess fairly, and strangely, realistic, there are many who complain. Is it that people aren't used to this kind of love story in a shoenen manga, or is it something else?
    You did try, but the reality is that Tsunade and Jiraiya was never gonna happen. Tsunade was broken after the deahs of her brother and Dan, she has never been in the right mindset for a relationship so it was never going to happen.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #221
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Have we read the same manga?!
    This was all a plan so that she could kill Sasuke...

    Everything she said to him was a lie.
    She wanted to join him so that she could backstab him.
    The plan was to kill Sasuke but why did Sakura volunteered to do such a thing when she's still in love with him. So Sakura wasn't lying to Naruto but she was lying to Sasuke. If you guys and gals truly believe that load of crap, then I have nothing more to say.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

  18. #222
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    The plan was to kill Sasuke but why did Sakura volunteered to do such a thing when she's still in love with him. So Sakura wasn't lying to Naruto but she was lying to Sasuke. If you guys and gals truly believe that load of crap, then I have nothing more to say.
    Why? Sai tells us why, because Sakura loves Sasuke and doesn't want Sasuke's evil to progress further. It's a very simple plot device that we see all the time in manga and anime. How many times have we seen guys who go off to meet and kill their friend who went "evil". Most of these protagonists still love their friend even through they've become evil, very few protagonists hate their fallen friend unless they've comiited some "unforgivable sin". Yet people can't believe Sakura is capable of dong thiat. It's a wonderful double standard that the audience has. Guys do it all the time, but girls--nah.

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #223
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Hinata: "Naruto, sorry I picked a bad time to try to save your life, I should have waited until you were dead"
    When ordered to stand down, and against a far superior opponent all she was doing was throwing her life away to confess her love. I see no reason why she had to do that then, is all I'm saying. Chalk it up to Kishi being dramatic, but I think a confession prior to the whole invasion of Konoha, perhaps before Naruto left for training would have been better. Instead, she unintentionally unleashed Naruto's rage, and thus the Kyuubi, which could have ended horribly if not for Minato's genius thinking 16 years prior.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  21. #224
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Sure these kids are immature and normal teenagers/young adults change their tastes in dates every 2 years. However, this is manga where a person is either insanely loyal to one person, "discovers" a new love interest if they have none, or switches to the other girl. That's it not much felxibillity.



    Did you miss the conversation between Hinata and Naruto about the chunnin finals where they talk about Naruto's chances on winning? It's the only heart-to-heart conversation Naruto has had with wny girls. Hinata's feeelings of admiration for Naruto grew into feelings of love. Her admiration caused changes in herself, helping her become a better person. She saw Naruto differenrlty than others and knew his true worth before others did, That's not the groupie worship that Sakura had for Sasuke. They are different. Personal growth and accomplsihment that don't invole pumnmeling an opponent get crapped on by members on this forum, but that doesn't mean they are insignificant.



    Ever watch the Pain/Naruto fight? Who came to Naruto's rescue?



    Completely wrong. Naruto was not evoking the Kyuubi's cloak while staked to the gorund by Pain. That is what happens when Naruto's seal weakens via exhaustion. That didn't happen here. When Naruto expereinces great negative emotions like hate, pain, or sadness that is when he goes straight to beast forms like when with Orochimaru and Pain.

    If Naruto would do this for anybody then why didn't he do it for Pa Frog. He was skewered right in front of him. According to your belief that would have triggered the event since it was Naruto's 3rd master to be killed by Pain, but it didn't. So whether you want to admit it Hinata means something to Naruto, what that is hasn'tt been revealed to us yet.



    Because Naruto saves people all the time it would be silly if he went Kyuubi every time he saved Sakura. Watching helplessly while someone you care about gets killed in front of you, that is way more traumatic-worthy of going 6-tails and beyond.



    So evey girl who hugged Naruto and every guy who slapped him on the ass in thanks must be romantically in love with Naruto? Bzzt.



    You can say that for most girls in shonen series. All they are capable of doing is screaminjg the protagonists name. Sakura does it, Hinata does it...now everyone is doing it.



    You did try, but the reality is that Tsunade and Jiraiya was never gonna happen. Tsunade was broken after the deahs of her brother and Dan, she has never been in the right mindset for a relationship so it was never going to happen.
    It was more than that. When are people going to realize that we are not going to know who's with who until probably the very end.

  22. #225
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    Bahamas
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Grin Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Why? Sai tells us why, because Sakura loves Sasuke and doesn't want Sasuke's evil to progress further. It's a very simple plot device that we see all the time in manga and anime. How many times have we seen guys who go off to meet and kill their friend who went "evil". Most of these protagonists still love their friend even through they've become evil, very few protagonists hate their fallen friend unless they've comiited some "unforgivable sin". Yet people can't believe Sakura is capable of dong thiat. It's a wonderful double standard that the audience has. Guys do it all the time, but girls--nah.
    Well said. Double standard heck yeah, because sweet little innocent girls do it all the time. Kishimoto is slowly revealing Sakura's true character but unfortunately her die hard fans don't like what they are seeing.


    You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

New Reply
Page 15 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts