Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1567

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #316
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Like pimp naruto kun said, basically there is a moratorium on relationship building in Naruto. Which sucks because that is exactly the kind of thing that could save an arc like the one Kishi has going now.
    [*] Temari and Shikamaru are on opposite ends of the battlefield.
    Like I said, everything is set up for them to have a "Rescue Confession" as Brill pointed out. Gaara is getting backup from the Fourth and First Divisions. Half of his division is led by Shikamaru. Temari is the only name character against two kages. She is going to get help. Everything is in place.

    If Kishi blows this then I don't know what to say about romance in this manga.

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Naruto is too busy playing at being a savior for anything to happen there.
    This is true. Romance is the last thing on his mind. But Kishi can be unpredictable like with the Hinata-Pain confession. Things happen when you least expect it. I could totally see Naruto rescuing Sakura or Hinata out of nowhere.

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Sakura is busy healing wounds, breakin' hearts, and staying as irrelevant to the plot as is possible.
    Disappointing that she never even participated in a fight. But Sasuke x Sakura fans are quite happy Kishi is making no bones about her loving Sasuke. Naruto x Sakura fans on the other hand....

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Hinata has straight up disappeared.
    Naruto x Hinata fans were satisfied with her finding resolve when thinking about Naruto. Pretty obvious bone thrown to shippers.

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Karin hasn't even appeared.
    True. The anime even played with the idea she might have a little crush on Naruto. But I doubt anything comes of it in the manga.

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Ino is continuing to be a mass of wasted romantic potential. Completely platonic with everybody....
    And probably will stay that way. Which goes against what Asuma said about not losing in love to Sakura. To be fair, Kishi ignored that part and concentrated on her being Team Mom to Shikamaru and Choji when they fought Asuma. So romance might actually get in the way of her character.

    Quote Quote:
    [*] Sasuke is probably off drowning kittens somewhere because a cat ate his great great grandfather's hamster, or something along those lines.
    But he still has Sakura's love. Even trying to kill her won't stop her from loving him.

    So there is stuff underneath the underneath. But this war had soooo much more potential. Think of all the interactions we could of had! I will wait till the end to judge it.
    Last edited by Jessie; August 16, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

  2. #317
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I thought we had some romance in that one chapter where we saw Sakura think of Sasuke, while Hinata was clearly thinking of Naruto. I think that says about enough. When Sakura was thinking of someone she is saving herself for, there were no pictures of Naruto, only Sasuke. And I think the NaruHina shippers-myself included-have been appeased by the all powerful Kishi in his showing of Hinata thinking of Naruto.
    I guess its unfair to say there was no romance recently when you think about the moments you brought up, however i feel like it was pretty much the same things we had established before. Sakura loves Sasuke but thinks more poorly of him, and Naruto is once again the driving force of Hinata's resolve. Naruto and Sasuke like usually have shown no investment or status of what is happening other than us knowing that Naruto still as of now like/loves Sakura and Sasuke loves hatred.

    Idk although i can slightly agree it doesn't really feel like much when you are shown to one sided affections from the girls and no showing of the boys feelings as of now it just still feels like it was a pairing bone tossed to Naruhina and SasuSaku things are still pretty much stagnant ex: Naruto->Sakura, Sakura->Sasuke, Hinata->Naruto, Sasuke-> No one/ hatred/ his clans honor.

    Outside of the "big 3" theres been no showing of anything really happening and even in the big 3 we basically got rehanded the same things we knew about the girls without any feedback or importance shown by the boys so imho nothing really important was given.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #318
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    I guess its unfair to say there was no romance recently when you think about the moments you brought up, however i feel like it was pretty much the same things we had established before. Sakura loves Sasuke but thinks more poorly of him, and Naruto is once again the driving force of Hinata's resolve. Naruto and Sasuke like usually have shown no investment or status of what is happening other than us knowing that Naruto still as of now like/loves Sakura and Sasuke loves hatred.

    Idk although i can slightly agree it doesn't really feel like much when you are shown to one sided affections from the girls and no showing of the boys feelings as of now it just still feels like it was a pairing bone tossed to Naruhina and SasuSaku things are still pretty much stagnant ex: Naruto->Sakura, Sakura->Sasuke, Hinata->Naruto, Sasuke-> No one/ hatred/ his clans honor.

    Outside of the "big 3" theres been no showing of anything really happening and even in the big 3 we basically got rehanded the same things we knew about the girls without any feedback or importance shown by the boys so imho nothing really important was given.
    I don't think that Kishi is a horrible writer, or even bad when it comes to romance. But, really, I think the guy has a little bit more mature view of romance. In many of the romances presented, Kishi makes a point to show that, as in real life, a person's love life is only a very small part of them. While it may be a contributing factor, it is not always THE determining factor in how a person lives their life. This runs in contrast to many shounen and shojo works, where love is presented as a defining characteristic. By taking most of the "romance" out of the big battle, I believe that Kishi makes it all the more realistic. Do you think that soldiers think only of their sweet-hearts? No, and Naruto, who only has, like, a 12-hour window to save the world, really can't stand around thinking about whether or not Sakura will hold out for him.

  5. #319
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,029
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Oh I just thought of a good idea concerning the next chapter. It would be awesome if hinata once again jump in to save naruto from nagato's power. Wouldn't it be the perfect way to show how naruto feel about hinata if she save him again.

  6. #320
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think that Kishi is a horrible writer, or even bad when it comes to romance. But, really, I think the guy has a little bit more mature view of romance. In many of the romances presented, Kishi makes a point to show that, as in real life, a person's love life is only a very small part of them. While it may be a contributing factor, it is not always THE determining factor in how a person lives their life. This runs in contrast to many shounen and shojo works, where love is presented as a defining characteristic. By taking most of the "romance" out of the big battle, I believe that Kishi makes it all the more realistic. Do you think that soldiers think only of their sweet-hearts? No, and Naruto, who only has, like, a 12-hour window to save the world, really can't stand around thinking about whether or not Sakura will hold out for him.
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to make it seem like I was questioning kishis choices. I don't see him necessarily as a bad writer as I agree with most of his choices I do believe it is accurate that it wouldn't be the main focus on naruto or any other character in the war however where I disagree is that kishi has made romance one of the most apparent if not the defining characterstics of hinata and sakura who are also in the midst of war. I'm not expecting them to think only of their sweethearts I just thinking that theirs kind of a weird discrepancy in how much the girls feelings are shown and hall little the boys care. I feel like big 3 aren't going to get much real developement but I feel like the others involved in the war that have exposure to each will actually have some moments together but idk

  7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #321
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    To be honest, i consider the Hinata thinking about Naruto and Sakura thinking about Sasuke as not real romantic developments at this point because it does not show any advancement in their feelings.
    • Hinata is hung up on Naruto
    • Sakura is hung up on Sasuke

    Those should not be revelations to anybody at this point. It's not really a development because it's the status quo, and has been for a very very long time, just like...
    • Naruto being too preoccupied with Sasuke
    • Sasuke having a heart as black as coal

    --------------------------------------------

    To have what i consider real romantic developments, i think you need the two characters involved to at the very least speak to one another. Is that too much to expect?
    Last edited by Jammin; August 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #322
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    It is a development though, because it reveals that while Hinata is hung up on Naruto in the post-confession era, she likely did not receive reason to abandon her feelings.

    When it comes to Sakura, because we have more information, it reveals that she was definitely lying to Naruto during her piece of shit confession, and she is fairly retarded to still be in love with a guy who tried to brain her twice.

    Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #323
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    It is a development though, because it reveals that while Hinata is hung up on Naruto in the post-confession era, she likely did not receive reason to abandon her feelings.

    When it comes to Sakura, because we have more information, it reveals that she was definitely lying to Naruto during her piece of shit confession, and she is fairly retarded to still be in love with a guy who tried to brain her twice.
    Wow, this, more than anything else, including my own crappy opinions, makes the most sense. You hit the nail on the head. We're seeing that Hinata at least has a good reason to still be in love with Naruto, while Sakura is acting, well...I know lots of girls like Sakura. I don't know if she's trying to hold onto the last pieces of her youth or something, but it's sad.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #324
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I feel like in the romance aspect Kishi makes Hinata look (as she should) admirable in her reasons for protecting and liking Naruto. While Sakura each time we are shown her revived love and expression for Sasuke just looks more like she has no sense of pride and would easily crawl back to a guy who wants to kill her and cause a genocide of all "senju lovers". It seems like he wants us to dislike Sakura lol i mean she doesn't have to like Naruto (although i like Narusaku) but atleast make her independent and not rely on naruto to reignite her feelings for a guy who never liked her smh

  15. #325
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    While everyone likes to harp that Sasuke tried to kill Sakura, they always seem to forget that Sakura tried to kill Sasuke too. Maybe they were made for each other. But as for the "revelations" during the war it just showed the extension of the status quo. But it highlights two things, the NaruSaku argument was a shaky house of cards without a solid foundation, and I have to agree with jdw that the other revelation implies that Naruto didn't reject Hinata after the Pain arc. Of course ,they may not have met to talk about it either. It wouldn't be the first time Kishi has neglected romance in this series.

  16. #326
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    I feel like in the romance aspect Kishi makes Hinata look (as she should) admirable in her reasons for protecting and liking Naruto. While Sakura each time we are shown her revived love and expression for Sasuke just looks more like she has no sense of pride and would easily crawl back to a guy who wants to kill her and cause a genocide of all "senju lovers". It seems like he wants us to dislike Sakura lol i mean she doesn't have to like Naruto (although i like Narusaku) but atleast make her independent and not rely on naruto to reignite her feelings for a guy who never liked her smh
    I don't think we should be so harsh to poor Sakura. Like Brill said, she was trying to kill him too. At that point, they both felt betrayed by each other, Sakura for being aligned with the village, or Sasuke going crazy. I think it's clear that the that relationship is a one of mutual unhealthiness.

  17. #327
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Idk if i can even call it a relationship at this point cause that would actually imply they had interraction more than a couple nice comments in part 1. Their is nothing really mutual about them. They don't share the same feelings. Only one of them actually cares Sasuke doesn't really cafe about anyone at this point other than in some small sense Naruto. I don't think he felt any betrayal on her part as he has convinced himself that everything that has happened is a betrayal by every man, woman and infant in Konoha who are "laughing" at Itachi's sacrifice. It is entirely dependent on Sakura pinning after someone who wants her dead I mean you can say its mutual unhealthiness on both there parts however Sakura wanted to kill Sasuke to protect him from sinking any lower and carry the burden by herself. Sasuke on the other hand just didn't give a sh*t and was fine with wiping her out because she was in the way of his hatred quest. I mean its hard not to be hard on Sakura when kishi makes her a character that is easily despised because of her selfishness and manipulation of Naruto. I mean she is always referred to as the human and "normal girl" character but what the hell type of abusive relationship seeking women does kishi know.

    As for the Hinata part as much as I understand and admire her feelings its highly unlikely IMO that anything has changed in regards to naruto's feelings her romance unfortunately is kind of her anchor into plot revelance( not trying to be harsh its the same reason Sakura manages to resuface occasionally) I just wish they could be stronger characters without their only importance being romance. I mean as much as Brill and others criticize Narusaku standing its hard to feel any sort of developement after being shown two one sided ships with standings grounded only on the feelings of the two girls but thats just me. I mean neither have been touched in hundreds off chapters i mean as much as Narusaku is shaky idk its hard to say any of the pairings are "shakier" or less grounded than another imo. All three have some validity but imo SasuSaku is just degrading to Sakura's character and expects Sasuke to show love for someone other than his clan.
    Last edited by pimp naruto kun; August 17, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

  18. #328
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    Idk if i can even call it a relationship at this point cause that would actually imply they had interraction more than a couple nice comments in part 1. Their is nothing really mutual about them. They don't share the same feelings. Only one of them actually cares Sasuke doesn't really cafe about anyone at this point other than in some small sense Naruto. I don't think he felt any betrayal on her part as he has convinced himself that everything that has happened is a betrayal by every man, woman and infant in Konoha who are "laughing" at Itachi's sacrifice. It is entirely dependent on Sakura pinning after someone who wants her dead I mean you can say its mutual unhealthiness on both there parts however Sakura wanted to kill Sasuke to protect him from sinking any lower and carry the burden by herself. Sasuke on the other hand just didn't give a sh*t and was fine with wiping her out because she was in the way of his hatred quest. I mean its hard not to be hard on Sakura when kishi makes her a character that is easily despised because of her selfishness and manipulation of Naruto. I mean she is always referred to as the human and "normal girl" character but what the hell type of abusive relationship seeking women does kishi know.

    As for the Hinata part as much as I understand and admire her feelings its highly unlikely IMO that anything has changed in regards to naruto's feelings her romance unfortunately is kind of her anchor into plot revelance( not trying to be harsh its the same reason Sakura manages to resuface occasionally) I just wish they could be stronger characters without their only importance being romance. I mean as much as Brill and others criticize Narusaku standing its hard to feel any sort of developement after being shown two one sided ships with standings grounded only on the feelings of the two girls but thats just me. I mean neither have been touched in hundreds off chapters i mean as much as Narusaku is shaky idk its hard to say any of the pairings are "shakier" or less grounded than another imo. All three have some validity but imo SasuSaku is just degrading to Sakura's character and expects Sasuke to show love for someone other than his clan.
    No, I would still say that the small bit of a relationship Sakura does have with Sasuke is unhealthy. That being said, I don't think it's so degrading for it to take Sakura years to get over Sasuke. When you get right down to it, both she and Naruto spent about 3 years of their relatively short lives just trying to save him. They have both really grown up around the idea that they HAD to save him. And that's something I think we are all forgetting here. They don't know him as the person he is now, but who he used to be when they were little kids. Neither Sakura or Naruto can just let go of what they've been holding on to for a good portion of their lives. If either of them did, I would call them heartless. And while Naruto has the luxury of being able to take Sasuke head on, Sakura knows that she isn't strong enough to do that. She has to put those feelings in a different area, and having a romantic crush on him is apparently where she's doing it.

    As for NaruHina...Well, I think that one chapter was enough to say that Hinata hasn't given up on Naruto. So it's still in the running.

  19. #329
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I don't fault Sakura for still having feelings for Sasuke. Kishi is portraying it as an actual love more than just a schoolgirl crush. Is it healthy for Sakura? No. But it is not ridiculous like say Kishi having Ino cry over Sasuke and saying she would take revenge against Kumo if they killed him. Ino never even knew Sasuke or had any relationship with him like Sakura. That was just idiotic writing on Kishimoto's part in order to drag the rest of the Konoha 12 into Sasuke's plot. Thankfully he redeemed Ino during the war by strengthening her bonds with Shika and Choji. I also thought it was good to show Karin seeing Sasuke for what he truly was at the time.

    I think the greatest fear I have is that Kishimoto will tie up all romance subplots as quickly as he has finished up many of the Edo Tensei zombie. As if he is in a rush. He can get away with that with side couples like Shika x Temari. But he needs at least a little time to develop any of the big three. Sasuke x Sakura needs a ton of work. We know Hinata loves Naruto, but what are his feeling for her? If Naruto now loves Hinata, I want to know WHY. Naruto has issues with Sakura and now that is ridiculously complicated if she still loves Sasuke. How will that be worked out if Kishi goes Naruto x Sakura?

    My fear is that at the end of the manga, Sasuke will be redeemed and fall into Sakura's arms. Then Naruto having lost his true love will turn to the minor character Hinata, who we have barely seen in 100 chapters, and ask her out for some ramen. Giving everyone a happy ending with almost no time spent developing or making it believable.
    Last edited by Jessie; August 17, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

  20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  21. #330
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    My fear is that at the end of the manga, Sasuke will be redeemed and fall into Sakura's arms. Then Naruto having lost his true love will turn to the minor character Hinata, who we have barely seen in 100 chapters, and ask her out for some ramen. Giving everyone a happy ending with almost no time spent developing or making it believable.
    If only Naruto would wise up ditch all the emotional baggage and ask Ino out. It's never going to happen, i know, but a guy can dream....

    More importantly, I just want to see something freakin' happen. ANYTHING. NarutoXSakura, NarutoXHinata, ShikamaruXTemari, whatever... As long as something gives some relationship at least the illusion of moving forward i'd be happy.

    I wanna say i'd be ok with SakuraXSasuke to, but that would be a lie. She gets a hard enough time in this manga already, turning her into Sasuke's doormat would just be excessive; no matter how much Kishi hates her.

    ---------------------------------

    Perhaps it's time for Kishi to get Kakashi in the game. There are tons of attractive women in his age group, maybe the younger generation just needs an example to follow. I'd love to see the Mei Terumi pounce on him like a cat with a mouse.
    Last edited by Jammin; August 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts