Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 1572

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #91
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    About your frustrations on NxS, are you sure you didn't mean Naruto? it was Naruto who pretty much wants to keep the status quo between them. But after the Team 7 reunion, it seems to me that he may be a bit more active in pursuing Sakura as we can see by Kakashi saying how it seems a lot of burden has been lifted off of him. If anything, his active pursuing might be slightly subtle but it's still there.
    Naruto hasn't kept it "status quo" he just "knows" that Sakura doesn't like him that way, regardless of what he does. Hell, even in Part 1 when Naruto brought back Tsunade to heal Sasuke and Sakura was all over Sasuke Naruto knew where things stood. Even after Sakura's "confession" he knew things hadn't changed and Sakura only had eyes for Sasuke...and he was right. I doubt Naruto will resolve anything with Sakura even if they meet on the battlefield in the next upcoming chapters.

  2. #92
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Muka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    France
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Yes sure.
    It's right here on MangaHelpers :

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1746060

    A question about Sakura
    "Sakura had always been worried about Naruto, but her actions towards Naruto seem to have a different feel from before, she seems very anxious about Naruto...
    How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

    Kishimoto-sensei:
    "As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she [loves] Sasuke.
    Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
    She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.
    On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
    So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
    I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
    But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
    Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
    Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "


    Thought it's mixed with comments of seiyuus, i think Junko said that :
    Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
    She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.

    And then, Kishimoto responds.
    Last edited by Muka; April 20, 2011 at 09:14 AM.

    My Deviant - EgaO - AMME-art
    Naruto is an honorable, well intentioned person who is solely a force for good.
    He does what is right, even when it's hard, and even when it seems stupid to do so.

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #93
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greenstaring you.
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Muka View Post
    Yes sure.
    It's right here on MangaHelpers :

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1746060

    A question about Sakura
    "Sakura had always been worried about Naruto, but her actions towards Naruto seem to have a different feel from before, she seems very anxious about Naruto...
    How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

    Kishimoto-sensei:
    "As for Sakura... Sasuke... what about Sasuke? Naruto is close and she worries about Naruto as well, but as expected, she [loves] Sasuke.
    Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
    She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.
    On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
    So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
    I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
    But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
    Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
    Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "


    Thought it's mixed with comments of seiyuus, i think Junko said that :
    Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
    She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.

    And then, Kishimoto responds.
    Ok this is the interview I've already read, so that's only assumption from you. No offense, I think it's Kishi's words, somewhat I hope I'm wrong but I don't think so...If only we can see the raw scan...

  5. #94
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Muka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    France
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Those two lines just don't go with the rest Kishi said.
    It's impossible he said this, because just after he said the contrary.
    Kishi seams upset about how some fans are seeing Sakura because it's not how he wanted them to see her. It's just evidence from this interview.
    And yes, i would like too to find the raw scan, but i think it doesn't exist, because it wasn't written in any magazine. What i've heard about this interview, it's that it was only "oral", and someone who heard it reported it.

    My Deviant - EgaO - AMME-art
    Naruto is an honorable, well intentioned person who is solely a force for good.
    He does what is right, even when it's hard, and even when it seems stupid to do so.

  6. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I don't think Sakura was exactly acting "weak". Sasuke's her first choice, the one she's in love with. Face it people, sometimes, you can't just force yourself into love. Sakura wanted to protect Naruto from Sasuke, as well as Sasuke from everyone else. In the end, she was willing to give up her life for Sasuke. Let's face it, Sakura going for Naruto at this point would just seem wrong. So very wrong. Does Sasuke have to love her? Does he? Probably not, but that's not what's important. As stupid as it sounds, Sakura loves Sasuke. Even Naruto knows that. Everyone who's ever been in love will know that.

    On another note, can I say that that was one of my favorite parts of the manga? Say what you will, but it made me cry to think that Naruto knew that he wasn't the favorite. I've been there so many, many times myself...

  7. #96
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I don't think Sakura was exactly acting "weak". Sasuke's her first choice, the one she's in love with. Face it people, sometimes, you can't just force yourself into love. Sakura wanted to protect Naruto from Sasuke, as well as Sasuke from everyone else. In the end, she was willing to give up her life for Sasuke. Let's face it, Sakura going for Naruto at this point would just seem wrong. So very wrong. Does Sasuke have to love her? Does he? Probably not, but that's not what's important. As stupid as it sounds, Sakura loves Sasuke. Even Naruto knows that. Everyone who's ever been in love will know that.

    On another note, can I say that that was one of my favorite parts of the manga? Say what you will, but it made me cry to think that Naruto knew that he wasn't the favorite. I've been there so many, many times myself...
    I completely understand what you mean but at the same times, peoples wants and pairing preferences won't change cause if people did change them based on pure logic alone, at this point there would be no pairings because all of them have some slight inprobability.

    The problem for me is that sakura's love for sasuke began as basically a shallow crush and then later developed to love idk for me although sasuke is her first love and the one she loves it just seems like its no more childish then it was before and selfish. All the stuff she made naruto go through in part 1 just makes her character seem like a bitch in some ways who was willing to allow one of her friends to give up everything to get her crush back. Even in part II when she seemed to want Sasuke back as a team mate and began to develop some sort of feelings with Naruto (i'm not going to specify for want of people not to troll and say there are no developments or feelings) she manages to return to be the love stricken Sasuke-idiot following the Kage summit and reverting back to part 1 by once again sitting in the background and wait for Naruto to fix it. Every time Sasuke gets reinvolved in Sakura's life it seems like her developement suffers and reverts back to "thank you naruto for giving me hope again, i'll trust in you".

    I just feel like at this point if there end up being any pairings in the end some sort of bitter taste left with the readers i mean for me at least in my opinion

    SasuSaku- it would be such a random event at this point sasuke never really showed feelings for her on a romantic level and attempted to kill her. It would kind of stomp on everything naruto had to go through and kind of question, How would they even end up together at this point? Sasuke after 3 years isnt probably going to start loving her.

    NaruHina- I don't dislike this pairing anymore but It would be the same problem as SasuSaku, confession leads to random love. I think this pairing could be ok if done properly but if done improperly would feel like naruto couldn't get sakura so he settles for Hinata

    NaruSaku- Even though currently this is my pairing choice unless it was done properly it would feel like and asspull for Sakura to randomly switch over naruto. I think since kishi f'ed up the confession so much it will take a lot of convincing for us to ever believe her feelings were genuine and not some bs to try and make naruto feel better. Then there also comes the problem that it shares with NaruHina if naruto ends up with sakura kishi would really need to make it seem that her feelings are genuine and not that she chose naruto as 2nd place to Sasuke.

    Idk i try to remain positive but Kishi has screwed himself at least in the big three pairings to a point where he is stuck and any option he choses would need major developement and not just some epilogue showing random pairings. At this point it might be better to have Naruto end up with someone else entirely( except Karin she will probably end up being an uzumaki and also is flat chested and has bite marks all over her and is kind of a creepy stalker, sorry karin fans ) and Sasuke at this points only love is hate so idk who he could even end up with.

    sorry for the long post.

  8. #97
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    I completely understand what you mean but at the same times, peoples wants and pairing preferences won't change cause if people did change them based on pure logic alone, at this point there would be no pairings because all of them have some slight inprobability.
    True.
    Logically, Hinata's love for Naruto still make sense.
    Even if he never returned her feelings, she could still love him.

    Same for Naruto. Even if Sakura looks like she's still in love with Sasuke, Naruto still loving Sakura is logical. Especially that there are becoming more and more close to each other.

    The only one that doesn't make sense to me is Sakura's.
    I just don't understand the logic behind it.
    Sasuke tried to kill her thrice already, and he tried to kill Naruto even more.
    There's really no way that a "normal" girl would still be in love with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    The problem for me is that sakura's love for sasuke began as basically a shallow crush and then later developed to love idk for me although sasuke is her first love and the one she loves it just seems like its no more childish then it was before and selfish. All the stuff she made naruto go through in part 1 just makes her character seem like a bitch in some ways who was willing to allow one of her friends to give up everything to get her crush back. Even in part II when she seemed to want Sasuke back as a team mate and began to develop some sort of feelings with Naruto (i'm not going to specify for want of people not to troll and say there are no developments or feelings) she manages to return to be the love stricken Sasuke-idiot following the Kage summit and reverting back to part 1 by once again sitting in the background and wait for Naruto to fix it. Every time Sasuke gets reinvolved in Sakura's life it seems like her developement suffers and reverts back to "thank you naruto for giving me hope again, i'll trust in you".
    I agree.
    Kishi screwed up.

    He admitted it himself in the interview.
    He said that he wanted Sakura to look heroic, but really she didn't at all.
    She looked like she finally had some resolve and went to kill Sasuke.

    But then, all her character development was ruined when she couldn't kill him (and cried again), and it all went back to how she was with her thinking "I'll let Naruto deal with it" bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    I just feel like at this point if there end up being any pairings in the end some sort of bitter taste left with the readers i mean for me at least in my opinion

    SasuSaku- it would be such a random event at this point sasuke never really showed feelings for her on a romantic level and attempted to kill her. It would kind of stomp on everything naruto had to go through and kind of question, How would they even end up together at this point? Sasuke after 3 years isnt probably going to start loving her.

    NaruHina- I don't dislike this pairing anymore but It would be the same problem as SasuSaku, confession leads to random love. I think this pairing could be ok if done properly but if done improperly would feel like naruto couldn't get sakura so he settles for Hinata

    NaruSaku- Even though currently this is my pairing choice unless it was done properly it would feel like and asspull for Sakura to randomly switch over naruto. I think since kishi f'ed up the confession so much it will take a lot of convincing for us to ever believe her feelings were genuine and not some bs to try and make naruto feel better. Then there also comes the problem that it shares with NaruHina if naruto ends up with sakura kishi would really need to make it seem that her feelings are genuine and not that she chose naruto as 2nd place to Sasuke.
    My opinion:

    SasuSaku:
    Like I said earlier, it doesn't make sense. Sakura shouldn't be in love with Sasuke anymore.
    And I think that she's still "hoping" for Sasuke to come back as he was, and that it's greatly because of Naruto.
    (Basically, Naruto is keeping Sakura's love for Sasuke alive... )

    In any case, if it ends up like that, I'll be really upset.
    Sure, Sasuke will probably be convinced by Naruto in the end, but if he does come back, his forgiven and ends up with the girl that Naruto loves... what kind of message is that?

    Sasuke can be a jerk, betray his country, try killing his friends... and in the end, he would still "steal" Naruto's girl?
    This is just unacceptable for me.

    NaruHina
    Honestly, I didn't like that pairing in the beginning because it contradicted NaruSaku, but I have really no problem with it.
    Hinata is a great girl, and if Naruto start loving her, then I'm fine with it.

    The only thing I have against that pairing is that it opens the possibility of a SasuSaku pairing as well, which like I said is just unnacceptable for me.

    NaruSaku
    That's the main one.

    Even though my love for Sakura has been going down and down everytime Kishi makes her do something stupid, I still need to be behind that pairing for this only obvious reason : "The hero should get the girl he love".

    If he loves Sakura, then Naruto should end up with her. That's all there is to it, IMO.
    Now, if he start showing interest in Hinata some day, I'll be the first one to switch to NaruHina.

    But, as far as we know, right now, Naruto still love Sakura, and I'm going to stay behind that pairing as long this doesn't change.

    Quote Originally Posted by pimp naruto kun View Post
    Idk i try to remain positive but Kishi has screwed himself at least in the big three pairings to a point where he is stuck and any option he choses would need major developement and not just some epilogue showing random pairings. At this point it might be better to have Naruto end up with someone else entirely( except Karin she will probably end up being an uzumaki and also is flat chested and has bite marks all over her and is kind of a creepy stalker, sorry karin fans ) and Sasuke at this points only love is hate so idk who he could even end up with.
    Simply put, Kishi is not good with romance.
    There are 3 romance involved in the plot, and, like you said, he managed to screw them all up.

    But, let's not lose hope.
    We might still have a pleasant surprise.

    Even if it's only in the epilogue, I'm sure the question regarding Naruto's love will be answered.

    In the end, as long as Naruto is happy at the end, I really don't mind with whom he ends up.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; April 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #98
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    To try and steer this back to overall romance rather than who Naruto ends up with - does anyone think Kishimoto did a good job with any romance(I use that word loosely) in this manga? At this point is any couple believable?

    I think tying up romance in an epilogue only works if the couples were already established. Then you can just tie a knot to them. We knew what the couples in Harry Potter were going to be since they were already developed. But in Naruto that is not the case. So an epilogue will only confuse more people. At first we might be like, oh how cute, Kiba and Hinata got together. Then we would be like, now how did that happen? To me, that would be like the last manga chapter where it felt like 50% of it was missing.

    Even though he screwed up so many pairings, I still think he needs to show them actually occur in the manga. If he could do it with Kushina and Minato in a flashback, then there is no reason he couldn't do it with the kids. A great theme of the manga is the next generation. Sasuke wants to restart the Uchiha. Ino-Shika-Cho need a 17th generation, etc. Even if he stinks at romance, he can at least show them laying the groundwork for their own families.
    Last edited by Jessie; April 24, 2011 at 06:39 AM.

  11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #99
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Sorry if my last post was more naruto oriented haha but that's where kishi is struggling most.

    I think and this is just my opinion that there are barely any couples that could be believable and not seem contrived as this point. I think the reason that it was so easy for him to make couples like Minato and Kushina seem probable and developed, is exactly what you mentioned its because they are in the past and was shown to have little to no conflict due to it already being resolved.

    For this current generation of the Konoha 11(or 12 whichever you call it) Kishi has made the mistake of making so many conflicts that stand in the way of fully establishing at least any of the big 3 that whatever we are left with someone will feel dissapointed. I think in the beginning of part II Kishi had a phase were he seemed to be starting to comtemplate romance and but then quickly stopped focusing on it then bringing it back up again near the pain fight and the kage summit. The way it is brought in and out from the story kind of makes it seem irrelevant.Don't get me wrong the reason i read the manga is for the story characters and battles but I think there needs to be more developement on character interraction even if its not romance because at this point so many of the other rookies seem unimportant because the focus being put on naruto and sasuke's "relationship". I think for the other rookies, who haven't been messed with as much as the big three, their relationships still have a chance of happening but the problem is so many of them are barely focused on so its hard to even give them romantic subplots.

    I don't want to complain but i wish the current was more like the chunin exams and the rescue sasuke arcs, where almost all the rookies got some background, fights and development, cause some of the rookies barely see panel time anymore.

    I do agree with you i do think the pairings should be developed in the manga, as i would not feel satisfied to see some random epilogue but the way things are going idk if we will see that.

    about the next generation stuff idk about sasuke unless he gets redeemed i dont think he will be able to revive the uchiha. I think he meant restore their image by killing everyone in Konoha like he said to Kakashi cause he has shown no romantic inclination to any other person.

    The only pairing that kishi keeps teasing us with that has to happen but that keeps getting scrapped and then brought back is Shikamaru and Temari (I got reminded by your sig). he has teased too much with this. i think thats one of the problems he will tease a pairing and then do something to mess it up (this hasnt happened to ShikaTema but Kishi did say in an interview there may be no romance for shika)

    For me not all the rookies have to marry each other but as long as it seems in some way planned and not pushed in some epilogue.

  13. #100
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    706
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Quote:
    Sure, Sasuke will probably be convinced by Naruto in the end, but if he does come back, his forgiven and ends up with the girl that Naruto loves... what kind of message is that?

    Sasuke can be a jerk, betray his country, try killing his friends... and in the end, he would still "steal" Naruto's girl?
    This is just unacceptable for me.
    You are too "guys centric", if Sakura ends with Sasuke, it means she worked hard, with her friends to achieve victory and gain Sasuke's love. The essence of the Shounen Jump, but used for romance.

    What were the three team 7 characters goal as stated on chapter 4?
    Naruto = to become Hokage
    Sasuke = to kill his brother and revive his clan
    Sakura = to get Sasuke

    How comes the girl is the only one that can't acheive her goal? Her goal is Sasuke. Her rivalty is about getting Sasuke. There's even a consolation prize for Ino when she won't get Sasuke, namely Sai.

    Lee wanted to show you can be a great ninja without using ninjutsu. He can have it but Sakura can't get Sasuke?

    Minato wanted to "become a great Hokage which everyone acknowledge". He can have it but Sakura can't get Sasuke?

    All these goals are the very definition of the characters, why rip Sakura of her victory and make her to only one who couldn't look her younger self in the eyes?

    At least, that's the kind of "positive" message there could be behind SasuSaku, which Kishi may chose in the end, but it will be just as screw up as the romance themselves. ¬_¬

    As for Naruto not getting Sakura, he always miss on the first try, the second girl he'll fall in love with will be the right one. As long as he's Hokage and happy, it's doesn't matter if he get Sakura or any other girl.

    Back on the characters' goal, Kushina is tricky, because she didn't achieve hers, but as she said herself it was to impress her new fellow academy students. Her real goal must have been closer to "I want happiness inspite of being a jinchuuriki, I want a normal live" which of course she couldn't say aloud.

  14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #101
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    You are too "guys centric", if Sakura ends with Sasuke, it means she worked hard, with her friends to achieve victory and gain Sasuke's love. The essence of the Shounen Jump, but used for romance.

    What were the three team 7 characters goal as stated on chapter 4?
    Naruto = to become Hokage
    Sasuke = to kill his brother and revive his clan
    Sakura = to get Sasuke

    How comes the girl is the only one that can't acheive her goal? Her goal is Sasuke. Her rivalty is about getting Sasuke. There's even a consolation prize for Ino when she won't get Sasuke, namely Sai.

    Lee wanted to show you can be a great ninja without using ninjutsu. He can have it but Sakura can't get Sasuke?

    Minato wanted to "become a great Hokage which everyone acknowledge". He can have it but Sakura can't get Sasuke?

    All these goals are the very definition of the characters, why rip Sakura of her victory and make her to only one who couldn't look her younger self in the eyes?

    At least, that's the kind of "positive" message there could be behind SasuSaku, which Kishi may chose in the end, but it will be just as screw up as the romance themselves. ¬_¬

    As for Naruto not getting Sakura, he always miss on the first try, the second girl he'll fall in love with will be the right one. As long as he's Hokage and happy, it's doesn't matter if he get Sakura or any other girl.

    Back on the characters' goal, Kushina is tricky, because she didn't achieve hers, but as she said herself it was to impress her new fellow academy students. Her real goal must have been closer to "I want happiness inspite of being a jinchuuriki, I want a normal live" which of course she couldn't say aloud.
    In my opinion at least people are more willing to care about the main character's (naruto) wants and not Sakura's however you raise a somewhat valid point.

    I just think that you can't say its unfair for Sakura to not get Sasuke but you say its fine for Naruto to fail. In either situation as of now both would have to get second choice (naruto failing and not getting with Sakura, or Sakura with naruto). Your kind of having a double standard when you say its ok for naruto to fail but for Sakura it robs her of character.

    I agree that her initial goal was to simply get with Sasuke but since part II it has become a little less shallow than that. She began to become stronger training with Tsunade because she wanted to protect her friends and be able to help Naruto to get her team mate back. The problem by you saying why can't sakura etc.... is that you are defining her whole character by one person Sasuke. This is kind of bad for Sakura as a character because she is essentially reduced to pairing fodder.

    SasuSaku has no real positive imho unless Sakura is truly happy but it will seemed like an asspull for Sasuke to suddenly have feelings for her just like some people will say it would be an asspull for her to start having feelings for naruto. I agree with Tmh its basically saying, "Try hard to get the girl you like risking your life, risking your own happiness only to fail and have your formerly maniac best friend get with her'. I think the reason i sympathize with naruto more is that getting with Sakura isnt his life goal he feels like more of a person cause he has multiple goals. While if you look at Sakura from the standpoint that her whole goal is Sasuke she seems less like a respectable character and more like a love struck girl using one of her best friends feelings for her as a way to get back her boyfriend.If she wants to still be with him after all this crap thats kishi's choice but it will make her seem less like the "normal girl" he's trying to go for and more like a girl who can't get over a teammate she barely talked to and hasn't seen barely at all in 3 years.

    I do agree that its unfair to brush of Sakura's goal but if you look at it from another way your trampling on someone else's wants, Sasuke doesn't want to be with her yet you force him to be with her so she can achieve her childish crush.

    Imho Sasuke is both the reason Sakura gets developed but also fails to grow. At first him and naruto were the motivation that made her train and get stronger. But he also held her back during the rescue arc in part I she placed all her burdens on Naruto and said what i said before "thank you naruto you restored my hope" then in part II again she seems to be getting stronger to protect her friends and rescue naruto, but once again she reduces to part I Sakura and after the fight says the same stuff as last time and allows herself to sit back and wait for Naruto to do everything for her even though she vowed to relieve him of his burden.

    idk i know im not really answering your post I just think at this point her goal won't happen cause i mean in my opinion Sasuke will not suddenly realize he has loved her and was clouded by hate or something. Idk for me it seems when female characters stray away from love then they become stronger i mean look at ino who's goal isn't simply "get Sasuke" anymore, she now actually has development and cares about protecting choji and shikamaru instead of focusing on a guy who left years ago.

  16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #102
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    706
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    THM Nindo asked for a "positive" way to see a SasuSaku paring and that's what I tried to provide. It was the way I saw the romance parts, the Jump formula applied for girls' stuff (for both Sakura and Hinata as I saw it), but that was back at the end of the Sannin arc. Now I'm not sure weither Kishi indeed intended to make the girls work hard, with their friends, to get their ideal boy, but messed the whole thing with beginner mistakes, or if he never entended it that way and will just have the main boy get the main girl. Anyway, I'll defend my old theory for now, for the sake of the debate.

    Quote Quote:
    I just think that you can't say its unfair for Sakura to not get Sasuke but you say its fine for Naruto to fail. In either situation as of now both would have to get second choice (naruto failing and not getting with Sakura, or Sakura with naruto). Your kind of having a double standard when you say its ok for naruto to fail but for Sakura it robs her of character.
    Naruto's goal is to become Hokage, Sakura's goal is to get Sasuke. If Naruto doesn't get the girl he wanted back in the Academy, and get an even better fit for himself, who cares. Nartuto (the character) isn't mainly about romance, he's about saving the world first. Sakura on the other hand was presented to be interested mostly about romance, not to give her wanted romance seems like betraying her character.

    Quote Quote:
    The problem by you saying why can't sakura etc.... is that you are defining her whole character by one person Sasuke.
    No, I'm defining her character by one single goal, the one she clamed on her introduction scene, the same I did with the guys (Naruto, Sasuke, Lee and Minato). Of course, I'm talking here about story construction and plot fondation, not about character developpement or plot evolution. When he introduced team 7, Kishi stated Naruto wanted to become Hokage, Sakura wanted Sasuke and Sasuke wanted to kill a certain man and to revive his clan. Naruto still want to become Hokage, he told her mom so. Sasuke acheived to kill his brother and his trying to kill who made him do what he did (which is the extension of what his former goal), the revive the clan part is on hold until those who killed them in the first place are disposed of. As for Sakura, it seems she still love Sasuke (or at least Naruto and Sai believe she still do). So these three shinobi goals remind valide.

    Quote Quote:
    I do agree that its unfair to brush of Sakura's goal but if you look at it from another way your trampling on someone else's wants, Sasuke doesn't want to be with her yet you force him to be with her so she can achieve her childish crush.
    Who ever said the Uchiha was looking for true love? Certainly not Sasuke. For the moment, he is set on revenge, so he doesn't want any other bonds than those who link him to the ones he want to kill. But when Naruto wil have beaten some sense into him, he'll be looking for a decent girl to marry (which doesn't have to be right away) and that's it. Shikamaru's girl goal is to get an average wife, Chouji seems to be ready to settle for any girl who'd say yes, not everyone wants to get the Romeo and Juliet degree of love. Sasuke's goal to revive his family is certainly a higher than getting true love. As long as Sakura is high level shinobi, I don't think he'll mind much. Arranged marriage are still quite common in Japan, and I think Sasuke was raised in a family that would encourage it (hey! that get us back to the real purpose of this thread! Not an every post occurance ^^).

    Quote Quote:
    i mean look at ino who's goal isn't simply "get Sasuke" anymore, she now actually has development and cares about protecting choji and shikamaru instead of focusing on a guy who left years ago.
    My, how Ino act right now is how we all have hoped she'd act throught the whole story, these romance are seriously killing the girl characters. -_-

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #103
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I am not a great fan of NaruSaku i am more into NaruHina.However being realistic here I really dont think NaruHina is gonna happen. Remember Kushina said that Naruto should pick a wife that will be similiar to her.Even though it was said in a joking way, I suppose Naruto will choose a girl that will be more like Kushina, which Sakura is very similiar and Hnata is very not similiar. But then again I hope it will be NaruHina at the end.Cuz it pains when I think that Hinata almost died for naught during Pein arc

  20. #104
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    If Sakura ends up with Sasuke, the limit of stupidity would rocket to no end.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #105
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    South Korea
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou Sennin View Post
    If Sakura ends up with Sasuke, the limit of stupidity would rocket to no end.
    why is that? I have like no problem with them ending together, i mean that is if sasuke doesnt die during war and if he turns back to good guys side.Sakura is not very bright, she might just end up with him

New Reply
Page 7 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts