Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 70 of 111 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1659

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    From what I have read, the fact that Hinata showed no interest in Sasuke is a big draw to the pairing. The only girl who didn't fangirl him. I was just curious why of all the crack pairings, this is the one that seems to resonate with fans. Like you mentioned Naruto x Ino, which is a typical crack pairing(like Naruto x Tenten etc), and not taken seriously because they never interact and have no connection. But Sasuke x Hinata is different. Some fans take it very seriously. Despite their total lack of interaction and being crack, their fanclubs are numerous and well supported. Even Itachi x Sakura, which had many fans, never had this kind of support.

It might just be the pretty fan art, the sharingan/byakugan combo, or like you said, fans like the idea of Sasuke with someone more gentle. The opposite of how fans want a Naruto or Shikamaru paired. Although Sasuke x Sakura fans don't really portray Sakura as tsundere with Sakura. She is more submissive with Sasuke as opposed to with Naruto.
    I was just happy that you mentioned Hinata isn't Sasuke's fangirl. That is why I support her and Naruto as a couple. Naruto and Ino? That can not POSSIBLY happen.

The only reason Sasuke gets all the women is because he uses an ultra secretive genjutsu... We all know when Konohamru hits puberty, he'll be getting all the ladies.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    From what I have read, the fact that Hinata showed no interest in Sasuke is a big draw to the pairing. The only girl who didn't fangirl him. I was just curious why of all the crack pairings, this is the one that seems to resonate with fans. Like you mentioned Naruto x Ino, which is a typical crack pairing(like Naruto x Tenten etc), and not taken seriously because they never interact and have no connection. But Sasuke x Hinata is different. Some fans take it very seriously. Despite their total lack of interaction and being crack, their fanclubs are numerous and well supported. Even Itachi x Sakura, which had many fans, never had this kind of support.

It might just be the pretty fan art, the sharingan/byakugan combo, or like you said, fans like the idea of Sasuke with someone more gentle. The opposite of how fans want a Naruto or Shikamaru paired. Although Sasuke x Sakura fans don't really portray Sakura as tsundere with Sakura. She is more submissive with Sasuke as opposed to with Naruto.
    Yea the fact that Hinata never fawned over Sasuke could be a reason why he would like her, she isn't like all the other "stupid" girls. Not to mention Hinata being much more proper, elegant and regal (not to mention she's practically royalty) could all be reasons Sasuke was attracted to her outside of her beauty.

As for why Hinata would fall for Sasuke, well many good fanfics have played on the fact that she does admire the things about him that are similar to Naruto (courage, determination) but also that she empathizes with him greatly, and wants to help sooth his pain. Hinata's caring and protective nature comes in and tries to "fix" Sasuke.

With Naruto and Ino, things could be a bit different.

Naruto being attracted to Ino shouldn't come as a surprise as she's the best looking female in probably the whole series IMO (I like blondes). Not to mention she is a lot like Sakura, but not as tsundere. I've seen in fanfictions that people played on their relationship with Asuma, having Naruto's training with him extended so that Ino was exposed to him more.

For Ino, Naruto becoming the hero isn't usually it. What's usually the case for females outside of Hinata liking Naruto is watching him develop into a handsome and strong man with a big heart. With Ino i've always thought that having her use her mind reading powers to be exposed to the Kyuubi and Naruto's plight would also draw sympathy from her into feeling bad for him and admiring him more.

Outside of these two pairings these are the one's i've always liked, though could happen, or would like to happen or see (mostly in a fanfic).

Kakashi x Kurenai or Kakashi x Yugao

Shikamaru x Temari

Lee x Ten Ten

Neji x Kumo Female (I say this because I think the past hostility between Kumo and Konoha, specifically the Hyuuga clan would be intriguing, especially since it lead to his fathers death)

Sakura x Neji, Sakura x Gaara
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a SasuSaku and ItaSaku shipper, and even I don't take these pairings seriously if they don't happen, even though SasuSaku MAY happen. I did like SasuSaku when Sasuke wasn't a dick...

In the 'prettiest female', I think in manga universe, Sakura is the prettiest among the Genin 12 just for the reason she has the most admirers (Naruto, Lee, and random ninja) just based on her look. In anime, I did like Hinata, appearance wise, but in-universe, she's 'dark and weird' according to Naruto, and in manga, I think Ino's the prettiest even though post time skip her hair became too damn long, but all we saw in her attractiveness are: Neji wasn't affected, and Sai commented on her being lovely while thinking the opposite (to be fair, for Sai, Sakura is also ugly).

In the world of shipping, Sakura and Hinata is the new black. They can work with anyone. Even each other. I did have some SakuHina and HinaSaku fanfictions bookmarked...

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Ewww. Sakura being the prettiest.... I just puked a little. no offense. (No i'm not a Sakura hater, I just don't like her character)

For the gennin, Ino and Hinata probably, from all the girls, SHIZUNE Don't argue with me there .

A new couple I'd like to propose is my man Orochimaru and Anko.

And Shizune and Kakashi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Ewww. Sakura being the prettiest.... I just puked a little. no offense. (No i'm not a Sakura hater, I just don't like her character)

For the gennin, Ino and Hinata probably, from all the girls, SHIZUNE Don't argue with me there .

A new couple I'd like to propose is my man Orochimaru and Anko.

And Shizune and Kakashi.
    Wow, that's awesome.

How about this couple

Sasuke and MEI
    naruto and shizune
    Sakura and danzo
    Shikamaru and kurenai
    I no and obito

Old generation and young generation.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to freak people out then at least add Oonoki + Moegi to that list.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    He could do Hiruzen X Moegi.(Hiruzen is not only old but dead)

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The only Old Generation X Young Generation pairing that would be somewhat acceptable to me is Shikamaru and Kurenai, because of the whole baby thing.

But, even this is pushing...

Although, Shikamaru is a pimp, so he can have all the girls!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of intergenerational relationships, What the hell is up with Sakura and Kakashi? It's The most prominent of this type. Where the hell did it come from?

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Wow, that's awesome.

How about this couple

Sasuke and MEI
    naruto and shizune
    Sakura and danzo
    Shikamaru and kurenai
    I no and obito

Old generation and young generation.
    Good job starting a thread within a thread... Haha

Oh man Sakura and Danzo I can agree with!!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member chibistar6's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    omg, I can't even. that is probably the crack-est crack pairing I've come across. congrats...?

Kakashi needs to find a lady

and I used to ship Sasuke x Anko so hard - couldn't you see it if the age gap wasn't as large?

....zomg, I just thought of Kakashi x Mei. THAT WOULD TOTALLY WORK RIGHT they're both old and lonely...

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally I'd say Sasuke having no problems leaving Sakura to die, and only taking Juugo(just so he can use him) and Naruto(who he plans to kill) with him, would be the death of SasuSaku, but I've learned that logic doesn't work with Naruto pairings.

If you are a SasuSaku shipper at this point, you are willing to overlook a lot. Even Sasuke's total disinterest whether Sakura lives or dies.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I think it's pretty normal to ship SasuSaku at this point since SasuNaru shippers have no problem with Sasuke wanting to kill Naruto also (but no one called them out on it)

Yaoi aside, I did like KakaSaku since student teacher relationship is one of my kink. And the age gap is a draw without being too creepy.

SasukexAnko idea is hooootttt, especially since I liked OroAnko. I read a NaruShizu H doujin once, it's incredibly hot. And I agree that the guy who seem to have a connection with the ladies without being too dramatic or violent is Shikamaru. That guy has been hinted with Temari, Ino, and Kurenai (and Kin if you saw through a shipper goggles).

Shipping in Naruto can only be rivaled by Harry Potter. Everyone can be shipped with everyone. I read a Tsunade X Gamabunta fanfiction once, titled 'Princess and the Frog'. That... was pretty creepy.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chibistar6 View Post
    omg, I can't even. that is probably the crack-est crack pairing I've come across. congrats...?

Kakashi needs to find a lady

and I used to ship Sasuke x Anko so hard - couldn't you see it if the age gap wasn't as large?

....zomg, I just thought of Kakashi x Mei. THAT WOULD TOTALLY WORK RIGHT they're both old and lonely...
    Kakashi should Shizune . And Naruto gets hinata. orochimaru with anko and my main boy Konohamaru is a one nighter!! THE REST I DONT GIVE A DAYM!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    Kakashi should Shizune
    Man, you didn't even thought for once how lonely Tsunade will become

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 70 of 111 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast