Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

I still have no idea why people keep saying Sakura's confession was fake. There have been few indications that she does care about Naruto and even has feelings for him. For all we know, she does love Naruto, but she also loves Sasuke as well. Naruto most likely misunderstood her intention as only to try and get him to stop going after Sasuke. I'm not saying her confession was real, just that there's a possibility of it, even if I lean towards it being fake.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I still have no idea why people keep saying Sakura's confession was fake. There have been few indications that she does care about Naruto and even has feelings for him. For all we know, she does love Naruto, but she also loves Sasuke as well. Naruto most likely misunderstood her intention as only to try and get him to stop going after Sasuke. I'm not saying her confession was real, just that there's a possibility of it, even if I lean towards it being fake.
    It's 100% clear that it's not entirely fake.

To me, it seems that she really does love Naruto, but she can't get rid of her feelings for Sasuke.
    She knew that the "right thing" was to be with Naruto, and simply forget about Sasuke, so she tried to force it by confessing to Naruto, hoping that they both could forget about Sasuke and be happy for a change.

But, she understimated Naruto's fixation on Sasuke.
    If she end up with Sasuke in the end, and that Naruto is forced to watch the girl he love being with his rival, he will only have himself to blame.

She was ready to let go Sasuke more than once already, but he was always the one saying "Don't loose hope! I'll get him back for you!" and shit like that.

Naruto is digging his own romance a grave.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why? Because Sakura used Naruto's feelings for her to gain advantage over him, and when it doesm't work she leaves. Is that what one does to one's lover after you've confessed your soul to? Only really twisted ones-or ones who don't mean it. Her tone when addressing him was dictatorial, disingenuous, and the moment she confesses she bales 5 minutes later. Why not remain in Konoha village and tell Naruto when he returns from his journey about her new found passion for him? Because it's not real. Why does she travel to a foreign land to tell her feelings to Naruto and then just leave, not stay and develop those "alleged" feelings further. Why not just tell Naruto to forget the promise to her and leave out the confession ettirely? Because she went to the land of Iron to lock down Naruto's movements and she used his feelings for her to do it, and when it didn't work she didn't stay to develop her passion for Naruto, she went back on mission. Makes the whole event fairly shallow doesn't it?

Just because Sakura no longer treats Naruto like a pest doesn't mean she loves Naruto, and Naruto knows she doesn't love him. Sakura is a very open girl about her feelings so when the first words to Naruto are "You just sit down and listen to how I feel about you". It's like talking to a child and it's not how Sakura expresses herself. So yeah, the confession was not real and it wasn't the real Sakura either, it smells of a kunoichi tyring to lock down a target so she could kill her former love interest.

6. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Why? Because Sakura used Naruto's feelings for her to gain advantage over him, and when it doesm't work she leaves. Is that what one does to one's lover after you've confessed your soul to? Only really twisted ones-or ones who don't mean it. Her tone when addressing him was dictatorial, disingenuous, and the moment she confesses she bales 5 minutes later. Why not remain in Konoha village and tell Naruto when he returns from his journey about her new found passion for him? Because it's not real. Why does she travel to a foreign land to tell her feelings to Naruto and then just leave, not stay and develop those "alleged" feelings further. Why not just tell Naruto to forget the promise to her and leave out the confession ettirely? Because she went to the land of Iron to lock down Naruto's movements and she used his feelings for her to do it, and when it didn't work she didn't stay to develop her passion for Naruto, she went back on mission. Makes the whole event fairly shallow doesn't it?

Just because Sakura no longer treats Naruto like a pest doesn't mean she loves Naruto, and Naruto knows she doesn't love him. Sakura is a very open girl about her feelings so when the first words to Naruto are "You just sit down and listen to how I feel about you". It's like talking to a child and it's not how Sakura expresses herself. So yeah, the confession was not real and it wasn't the real Sakura either, it smells of a kunoichi tyring to lock down a target so she could kill her former love interest.
    Sakura wasn't just confessing to Naruto though, there was more to it. She was trying to undo some of the damage she thought she had done with regards to his attitude about Sasuke and she was trying to say goodbye.

Did she have an alterior motive in confessing to him other than expressing her love? Absolutely. But i don't think that makes what she said a lie, necessarily. It just wasn't the whole truth.

Sakura didn't have to tell Naruto she loved him to the get the message she was trying to get across. I think that was a separate message she wanted to deliver before she either got herself killed or did the one thing she thought even Naruto would never be able to forgive her for. I think, in that moment Sakura was trying to say a lot of things to Naruto that she wanted him to hear because she thought, one way or another, that would be the last friendly conversation they would ever have.

I don't think Sakura lied about loving Naruto but she did lie to him about not loving Sasuke anymore(or maybe she was lying to herself, like Naruto said she was, it's hard to tell).

-------------------------

Well that's what i think anyway, but like i said, i don't understand Sakura anymore. Maybe i never did and that whole schpeel is just a big load of hot air, you be the judge.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 07, 2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Sakura wasn't just confessing to Naruto though, there was more to it. She was trying to undo some of the damage she thought she had done with regards to his attitude about Sasuke and she was trying to say goodbye.
    It depends on whather you beleive she was there to do two things or just one thing uisng 2 different angles.

Quote Quote:
    Did she have an alterior motive in confessing to him other than expressing her love? Absolutely. But i don't think that makes what she said a lie, necessarily. It just wasn't the whole truth.
    But it doesn't make it true either, especially when all events prior point to the contrary. Her "revelation" comes within the last week after learning Sasuke was a criminal. For example, when Shikamaru goes to Sakura to ask permission to eliminate Sasuke Sakura cooly tells Shikamaru that she'll tell Naruto because the idiot likes her. Now if Sakura supposedly loves Naruto is that the response she should be saying? I don't think so. When the team moves out Sakura is cold, reserved, and calculatng telling everyone not to utter a word. She's not worrying or fretting over what Naruto might say or even fear being rejected by Naruto. She's in ninja mode, not "thinking that my boyfriend might hate me if I kill his best friend" mode. If we had panels where Sakura was questioning her motives or God-forbid actially have Sakura thinking about Naruto, then that would open the door to the confession having some merit.

Quote Quote:
    Sakura didn't have to tell Naruto she loved him to the get the message she was trying to get across. I think that was a separate message she wanted to deliver before she either got herself killed or did the one thing she thought even Naruto would never be able to forgive her for. I think, in that moment Sakura was trying to say a lot of things to Naruto that she wanted him to hear because she thought, one way or another, that would be the last friendly conversation they would ever have.
    But the confession wasn't separate, it was tied to asking Naruto to forget about the promise he made to Sakura. It they were separate discussions instead of Sakura's little "Shock and Awe" manuver to get Naruto to give up on Sasuke that would be something to consider, but both Naruto and Kakashi don't believe it. Both Naruto and Kakashi know how SAkura shows affection to the people she loves, and Naruto is painfully aware that Sakura hasn't shown those feelings to him. This is why Narutp says Sakura is lying to herself about loving him-and she is.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on whather you beleive she was there to do two things or just one thing uisng 2 different angles.

But it doesn't make it true either, especially when all events prior point to the contrary. Her "revelation" comes within the last week after learning Sasuke was a criminal. For example, when Shikamaru goes to Sakura to ask permission to eliminate Sasuke Sakura cooly tells Shikamaru that she'll tell Naruto because the idiot likes her. Now if Sakura supposedly loves Naruto is that the response she should be saying? I don't think so. When the team moves out Sakura is cold, reserved, and calculatng telling everyone not to utter a word. She's not worrying or fretting over what Naruto might say or even fear being rejected by Naruto. She's in ninja mode, not "thinking that my boyfriend might hate me if I kill his best friend" mode. If we had panels where Sakura was questioning her motives or God-forbid actially have Sakura thinking about Naruto, then that would open the door to the confession having some merit.
    I don't dispute that my way of seeing things isn't the only way. I was giving my opinion, i don't think there is anyway to know for sure whether or not that opinion is correct at the moment.

But i think it fits better with who Sakura is and what she was trying to do, but again that is just my opinion.

What she did only seems dishonest to the point of being semi-evil if you go with the prior notion that she doesn't love Naruto. If go in with opposite prior notion then i don't think what she did really seems bad at all. I mean, at least by my reasoning, she was going to sacrifice both her loves in order keep Naruto from harm(emotionally and physically) and do the right thing by Sasuke(put him out of everyone's misery before he can get worse) and because she felt she had to make amends for allowing Naruto to place all the responsibility regarding Sasuke upon himself.

But the confession wasn't separate, it was tied to asking Naruto to forget about the promise he made to Sakura. It they were separate discussions instead of Sakura's little "Shock and Awe" manuver to get Naruto to give up on Sasuke that would be something to consider, but both Naruto and Kakashi don't believe it. Both Naruto and Kakashi know how SAkura shows affection to the people she loves, and Naruto is painfully aware that Sakura hasn't shown those feelings to him. This is why Narutp says Sakura is lying to herself about loving him-and she is.
    That's probably what the situation would look like if you look at it with the assumption she didn't love Naruto.

Which is all the more reason i think she does, i just don't think being evil is a part of Sakura's character. She couldn't tell Naruto the truth because she thought he couldn't take it(and judging by him fainting, she was correct). So that restricted what she could say to him.

So, at least in my view, she said her goodbyes and did her best to make what was coming less painful. It's not something i view as a negative

----------------

But again all of this is just my opinions and i have no intention of saying that i am right and all who disagree are wrong. That's just the way i see it.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 08, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

As usual, I agree with Jammin.

If you take Sakura's confession from the point of view that she actually have feelings for him, she doesn't strike you as "an evil bitch", like everyone seem to see her.

Of course, if she really have no feeling for Naruto, then it's a different story.

For example, when Shikamaru goes to Sakura to ask permission to eliminate Sasuke Sakura cooly tells Shikamaru that she'll tell Naruto because the idiot likes her.
    I hate how much people are misinterpreting this...

She's not saying "Naruto is an idiot, and he loves me, so I can use him like I want"
    She's says "After all I done, I don't deserve to be love, Naruto is an idiot to love me".

Basically, the one that she's bashing there is not Naruto, but herself.
    She's saying that she doesn't deserve his love.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; March 08, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Friends of Kishimoto's have admitted romance isn't his "forte." (I think that's right.)
    Plus, I don't think Sakura's a pathetic excuse for a woman; before Part II began, she had the resolve to aid Naruto the next time he went after Sasuke. Her character just got downplayed to a "damsel in distress" role.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nonlife View Post
    Friends of Kishimoto's have admitted romance isn't his "forte." (I think that's right.)
    He can ask some advice from his wife again.
    MinaKushi gaiden was great with those cute little moments.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the reasons why she confessed was because she wanted Naruto to lay off Sasuke, and she did it in the way that she thought would suit Naruto the best. She didn't tell him to stop going after Sasuke out of selfishness, but it was because she was bringing Naruto pain by having him stick to his promise that she confessed to him in hopes that he wouldn't feel burdened with having to get Sasuke back. Was it a real confession? Was it fake? I have no idea, but it shouldn't automatically be thought of as fake just because she had an agenda as well.

That was the main reason why she went to a foreign land, tells him her feelings, and leaves when it doesn't go her way - it wasn't just about having Naruto know she loved him, but it was about easing his burden and ending the promise of bringing back Sasuke. Had Sai not told Sakura this, then I highly doubt she'd have confessed to him, at least like this. Not to mention, Sasuke declared to be assassinated on sight. Sakura was thinking about Naruto, and she knew Naruto would be very burdened and upset had Sasuke been killed due to the fact that he couldn't uphold his promise to her, which she thinks was the main reason he kept pursuing Sasuke.

She thought Naruto would refuse, especially since she knew that Naruto knew Sakura loved Sasuke. Previous and this statements are speculation: Sakura wanted Naruto to stop chasing Sasuke because she didn't want to see what would happen to Naruto if he failed at saving Sasuke or bringing him back, and it was pretty dangerous for him as well since he had Akatsuki to deal with as well, so Sakura did what she thought was best, and she probably admitted her feelings for her as well since she realized what kind of a person Naruto is.

Her mission wasn't only because she loved Sasuke, but also for Naruto. She didn't want Naruto and even Kakashi to bear the burden of having to kill Sasuke, nor did she want Sasuke to live forever in the darkness.

Quote Quote:
    Does Naruto really know that? He didn't even know Hinata liked him or that Sakura really loved Sasuke until towards the end. Although Sakura treating Naruto better doesn't mean she loves him, it definitely means she cares for him as she did get upset many times over the fact that she was unable to help Naruto out and that Naruto's life was in great danger.

Sakura could express herself different to Naruto. She does treat Naruto as an idiot, but that's probably because of how Naruto established himself. It could have been the real Sakura for all we know.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto is painfully aware that Sakura hasn't shown those feelings to him. This is why Narutp says Sakura is lying to herself about loving him-and she is.

For example, when Shikamaru goes to Sakura to ask permission to eliminate Sasuke Sakura cooly tells Shikamaru that she'll tell Naruto because the idiot likes her. Now if Sakura supposedly loves Naruto is that the response she should be saying? I don't think so. When the team moves out Sakura is cold, reserved, and calculatng telling everyone not to utter a word. She's not worrying or fretting over what Naruto might say or even fear being rejected by Naruto.
    Rather, Naruto is unaware that Sakura has shown some kind of feelings towards Naruto. He was either unconscious or probably misinterpreted (when Sakura cried after learning jinchuuriki died when their bijuu were extracted). Naruto may think he's unworthy of her love or can't believe someone loves him, especially after the way Sakura's treated him in the past. We can't use Naruto's statement as a sure fact that Sakura's confession was fake.

i think she was calling Naruto an idiot for still liking/loving her, as in she wasn't worthy to receive his love.

She was planning on killing Sasuke and was planning on having Naruto give up chasing Sasuke. It'd make sense.

She was worried what Naruto would think, but she said she deserved this after what she put Naruto through. I don't 100% recall this, but she did show worry about Naruto's thoughts upon realizing what she was gonna do... I think.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Misazuki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW because I can't seem to edit my post what I meant was Sakura's confession was fake because she obviously wasn't there to be with hi but she could still love him and not realize it or acknowledge it at this point. Her confession can be argued both ways though fake or true.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gingitsune's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sakura's confession was not fake, since when did she loves Naruto and why didn't she confess before? That's the fishy part about the whole business.

As for Sakura not being aware that she loves Naruto, it sounds stretchy, she was quite aware that she loves Sasuke, how can't she recognise the same feeling? The only way around would be that she is in denial and is indeed lying to herself, but the confession would still be fake because she was unsincere if she's right against her own intents.

Although MJ3 and Jammin have compeling points, I can't shake off my original concerns.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think sakura's confession was a fake because of the action and the timing of it, for one thing the action she take after the confession in trying to kill sasuke but couldn't show that she still love him, and to me a girl being in love with two person at the same time is impossible, yes sakura show that she care for naruto, but it doesn't mean she love him, she can think of him as a friends that all, even if like some of you guy said sakura did love naruto, it won't change the fact that she love sasuke more, therefore confession to the one you don't love the most mean that confession was fake. Secondly the timing of her confession prove it was fake, she have no reason to confess to him at that moment, she could have just told him the truth rather than something like that just to make him forget his promise to her, and then confess to him another time, but no she didn't she still talk about sasuke during that confession, how can that be call an honest confession, she was using his feeling for her in order to get him to forget about sasuke therfore that confession was fake, and don't trying saying sakura now love naruto more than sasuke for all we know that is a lie.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah so many interesting things to comment on and not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I
    ...What she did only seems dishonest to the point of being semi-evil if you go with the prior notion that she doesn't love Naruto. If go in with opposite prior notion then i don't think what she did really seems bad at all. I mean, at least by my reasoning, she was going to sacrifice both her loves in order keep Naruto from harm(emotionally and physically) and do the right thing by Sasuke(put him out of everyone's misery before he can get worse) and because she felt she had to make amends for allowing Naruto to place all the responsibility regarding Sasuke upon himself.
    Is she sacrificing both loves? If Naruto had said yes that is the green light to eliminate Sasuke. Naruto and Sakura live happily every after and Hinata gets the shaft-or not. Sakura has thought through a lot of contingencies if the first round didn't work. Her "reasons" for loving him were a lie, her "revelation" as to when it happened was a lie, her body language was all off, and after she got rejected she regained her composure quickly and went back to the origninal mission-killing Sasuke. She didn't look downtrodden after getting dumped from the boy she now loves. How much lying will it take to convince you that it's a sham? Sakura is trying (poorly) to rectify the injustice that she put on Naruto by making the request to get back Sasuke 3 years ago, but she went about it wrong. She should have stopped the attack of Sasuke if Naruto did not go along with ther plan-which he ddin't. Instead she continues the assault on Sasuke. It would have been better if they had left Naruto alone and killed Sasuke directly, because if Sakura had died killing Sasuke after telling Naruto how she felt about him, it would have been more painful to Naruto than if she hadn't. Anoher example of Sakura not thinking about Naruto's feelings.

Quote Quote:
    Which is all the more reason i think she does, i just don't think being evil is a part of Sakura's character. She couldn't tell Naruto the truth because she thought he couldn't take it(and judging by him fainting, she was correct). So that restricted what she could say to him.

So, at least in my view, she said her goodbyes and did her best to make what was coming less painful. It's not something i view as a negative
    Sakura isn't evil per-se, she's just caught up in the "group think" of the cycle of hate. No one from Konoha wanted to kill Sasuke, they decided to do it to prevent a war from supposedly breakling out. Is that evil? It's securely in the grey column, however, she's foresaking her promise to Naruto to get Sasuke back, she lying to get Naruto to back down, and she;s lying to herself on how she feels about Sasuke and Naruto. Is that evil, maybe/maybe not, but it sure as hell isn't healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo
    hate how much people are misinterpreting this...

She's not saying "Naruto is an idiot, and he loves me, so I can use him like I want"
    She's says "After all I done, I don't deserve to be love, Naruto is an idiot to love me".

Basically, the one that she's bashing there is not Naruto, but herself.
    She's saying that she doesn't deserve his love.
    It's a fair interpretation of the order of events. Sakura's response is her reply to Shikamaru's inquiry justifying why she should be the one to do it. Granted Sakura is having her 2nd self-loathing moment of Part II but she didn't need to say those lines to get the job, did she? Hell, Shikamaru could have done the deed, he's freinds with Naruto, but Sakura decided she would be the one to do it, and she gave the reason why she was qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    One of the reasons why she confessed was because she wanted Naruto to lay off Sasuke, and she did it in the way that she thought would suit Naruto the best. She didn't tell him to stop going after Sasuke out of selfishness, but it was because she was bringing Naruto pain by having him stick to his promise that she confessed to him in hopes that he wouldn't feel burdened with having to get Sasuke back. Was it a real confession? Was it fake? I have no idea, but it shouldn't automatically be thought of as fake just because she had an agenda as well.
    Sakura did want to release Naruto from the burden of his promise to her but she also went to relieve herself of guilt as well-the pain she caused him for the promise and the future pain of killing Sasuke. It wasn't completely selfless. Otherwise, she could have killed Sasuke then tell Naruto how she feels and the same goals are accomplished. Love can forgive many cruel acts.

Quote Quote:
    That was the main reason why she went to a foreign land, tells him her feelings, and leaves when it doesn't go her way - it wasn't just about having Naruto know she loved him, but it was about easing his burden and ending the promise of bringing back Sasuke. Had Sai not told Sakura this, then I highly doubt she'd have confessed to him, at least like this. Not to mention, Sasuke declared to be assassinated on sight. Sakura was thinking about Naruto, and she knew Naruto would be very burdened and upset had Sasuke been killed due to the fact that he couldn't uphold his promise to her, which she thinks was the main reason he kept pursuing Sasuke.
    If telling Naruto was her main goal, then why did she bring along Lee and Sai along. The most she'd need to bring along is Kiba to track down Naruto. They were formed to kill Sasuke, Naruto was a stop along the way.

You're right, Captain Clueless (Sai) needed to fill in Sakura that Naruto loved her and was sufferinhg because of "something" that was promised between them, so Sakura could free Naruto from Sasuke. The problem is that Sakura doesn't know the other reason why Naruto follows Sasuke-the bond that Naruto and Sasuke share. She didn't understand it nor the reason for Naruto's refusal, that Sasuke did not return to Konoha because of Konoha's genocide of the Uchiha. It Naruto had told her the truth, Sakura probably would have gone fetal crying out the name of her "true" love.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right, Captain Clueless (Sai) needed to fill in Sakura that Naruto loved her and was sufferinhg because of "something" that was promised between them, so Sakura could free Naruto from Sasuke. The problem is that Sakura doesn't know the other reason why Naruto follows Sasuke-the bond that Naruto and Sasuke share. She didn't understand it nor the reason for Naruto's refusal, that Sasuke did not return to Konoha because of Konoha's genocide of the Uchiha. It Naruto had told her the truth, Sakura probably would have gone fetal crying out the name of her "true" love.
    (Sai did inform her that Naruto loved her.) Nevertheless, it seems Kishimoto also forgot about the earlier chapters when it seemed evident Sakura knew about the brotherly bond between Sasuke & Naruto - in the first few chapters with Sai when he first joined Team 7.
    Last edited by Nonlife; March 10, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast