Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 587 by BadKarma , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Gingitsune View Post
    If Sakura's confession was not fake, since when did she loves Naruto and why didn't she confess before? That's the fishy part about the whole business.

As for Sakura not being aware that she loves Naruto, it sounds stretchy, she was quite aware that she loves Sasuke, how can't she recognise the same feeling? The only way around would be that she is in denial and is indeed lying to herself, but the confession would still be fake because she was unsincere if she's right against her own intents.

Although MJ3 and Jammin have compeling points, I can't shake off my original concerns.
    She could have either felt undeserving or didn't know how she felt about Naruto yet. Her talk with Yamato before Naruto wakes up after being healed shows that, but this could be a point of view thing, so there could be no wrong answer here.

The difference is though, Sasuke was the type of person that almost any girl fell in love with. Naruto however, was the opposite: it was so far only Hinata that was interested in him. If Naruto's image was a lot like Sasuke's when Part II started, then Sakura may have had more romantic interest in him than we've seen due to the way Naruto would remind her of, and the way Sasuke acted. I think she didn't realize she loved Naruto or liked him because he didn't act like the one that she did like/love.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Sakura did want to release Naruto from the burden of his promise to her but she also went to relieve herself of guilt as well-the pain she caused him for the promise and the future pain of killing Sasuke. It wasn't completely selfless. Otherwise, she could have killed Sasuke then tell Naruto how she feels and the same goals are accomplished. Love can forgive many cruel acts.
    The problem could be though is that Naruto didn't know about her plan to kill Sasuke and probably didn't want him interfering. She wanted to make sure Naruto was out of the way before going after Sasuke, if she'd have still chosen that route had Naruto listened to her.

Quote Quote:
    If telling Naruto was her main goal, then why did she bring along Lee and Sai along. The most she'd need to bring along is Kiba to track down Naruto. They were formed to kill Sasuke, Naruto was a stop along the way.

You're right, Captain Clueless (Sai) needed to fill in Sakura that Naruto loved her and was sufferinhg because of "something" that was promised between them, so Sakura could free Naruto from Sasuke. The problem is that Sakura doesn't know the other reason why Naruto follows Sasuke-the bond that Naruto and Sasuke share. She didn't understand it nor the reason for Naruto's refusal, that Sasuke did not return to Konoha because of Konoha's genocide of the Uchiha. It Naruto had told her the truth, Sakura probably would have gone fetal crying out the name of her "true" love.
    It was her main reason as to why she wen to Land of Iron, I think. Not sure if she'd have still gone after Sasuke had she not met Naruto. Gotta remember though, going a bit far with just Kiba is dangerous due to enemies, they need at least two more people in the cell to form a basic 4-cell team. It's the basics in ninja, I think. Having Rock Lee tag along makes sense (although she should have figured telling Sai was dangerous).

she understood why Naruto went after Sasuke. She told Sai the bond between Naruto and Sasuke. She could have also thought Naruto was still either determined to bring him back for her, like avoiding killing him or going as all out.

Though, Sakura did side with Naruto and yell at Sasuke when they reunited. Told Sasuke how Naruto kept defending him and etc when Sasuke went wacko.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I don't see how Sakura would possibly be a good match for Naruto. She's bland, deceitful, weak willed and always confrontational at the wrong times. She's everything that I would never fall in love in a women if I were Naruto and there are better girls out there than her, preferably Hinata.

But she is the main love interest, so I can't argue that. Kishi surely knows that just because she's the main heroine she doesn't have to end up with the main character due to status quo cliches, not only that they are the two most poorly developed dynamics with little emotional investment compared to the Naruto/Sasuke bond the overall plot and story.

NaruSaku just seems like the easy way out, like how all shounen romances are even though the story emphasizes on the other major parts and themes like fights and nakama more than love(love is a strong and powerful emotional and theme), Kishimoto wouldn't write the couple believable enough for me to be convinced that their so called relationship has a equal intensity as Naruto/Sasuke or the Will of Fire/Chain of Fire plot. It'll just be so shallow and insignificant.

That is why I hope no pairings happen but if one should happen it be with the Hyuuga girl and the main character. It doesn't effect the plot, but it doesn't have any setbacks or flaws to it to ruin or narrate how akward and confusing it is. It's pure if not deep based on how the two share a same ethical perspective on hardwork and never giving up. And Naruto never ignores her or bashes her skull in for being shy, he just is clueless and naive and wants her to be with him as friend. Love should be a happy emotion in shounen, not a dark and flawed one. It could be like the Ippo x kumi relationship from Hajime no Ippo.

Naruto and Sakura to me are just friendly best buddies with a mutal respect in each other, but they have little common ground in both integerity and inner strength which Naruto hates in people.

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member pimp naruto kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I can understand what you are saying about the pairing but I think the problem os saying that is, In Kishi's current situation almost any pairing option could be easy to do.If kishi wanted to he could pair naruto with some random girl he meets and put very little developement into it or gove up and not make any visible pairings. I think any one of the already established pairings could be regarded as easy or difficult to happen I mean you could easily say narusaku is simply main hero main heroine pairing but then it becomes difficult when sakura still may have feelings for sasuke and stuff like that. The same could be said for naruto and Hinata, main hero with shy girl. also she already confessed her love to him all he has to do is say yes and pairing complete with litlle development. I mean it seems like the idea of the easy way out is you not liking the couple imo I mean mean if you really look at it any of the big three would be hard to do so that they had enough developement and didn't feel forced or anything so for me personally the only easy way out would be pariring naruto with anyone without any explanation. Almost everypairing including nh and ns has opstacles so maybe it just me but it seems like you just don't like ns so ir is automatically the easy way out
    Last edited by pimp naruto kun; March 25, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Chouji x ino...its this close to becoming canon!!!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AaEd SaSuke's Avatar
    Country
    Palestine
    Post Thanks / Like

actually what i thin is after Naruto convince Sasuke to get back and after they get back Somehow this is what will happen

Sasuke and Sakura
    Naruto and Hinata
    Shikamaru and Ino
    and ..... thats what i say

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Chouji x ino...its this close to becoming canon!!!
    Give me an Ino x Choji and Shikamaru x Temari double date after the war Kishimoto and I will forever love you. Well, there was no InoCHo in this chapter, but I do think we will see Ino, Shika, and Choji getting love interests to eventually start that next Ino-Shika-Cho generation. Continuing their clans is a big deal to Kishi.

I still doubt Ino is the girl for Choji though. I believe all three see each other as siblings. Like blood brothers. So introducing romance into this might mess it up. Kishi might have someone else in mind for Choji.

I always wondered what the Naruto and Sakura relationship might have been like if Naruto saw her more as a sister type?
    Last edited by Jessie; April 01, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it'd be as we saw it in Part II before the whole Pain arc. Sakura headstrong and not afraid to whack Naruto and more comfortable around him, Naruto the same, but more bruised since he wouldn't care as much what he'd say to someone he considered his sister. It'd be funnier, I think. Their interactions used to be good until Sakura confessed to Naruto.

<_<

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If in the end naruto really does end up with sakura, than I for one will feel really bad for him, because sakura doesn't love him the most she love sasuke more, and even after that faked confession naruto still can't get over sakura then too bad, he reach a new level of stupidness in my book, and please don't any one argue that sakura confession was real, kishi himself said it was fake, but anyway seeing ino and chouji in the recent chapter make me think they might end up together, but then again, if they did, then the ino-chou-ka combo will be gone, I don't want that to happen at all.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sumoka Kimono's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Me like Naruto and Hinata! Hinata good woman, she shy and helpful like real woman! Sakura no woman, she go whackwhack on Naruto and yell! Woman need shy and helpful, no violence. Sakura go die, let Hinata dating Naruto.

Yet, me like Sasuke and Naruto much. Yaoi so awesome! :droll

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehm yeah sakura no good.DO you even find her cute at all? Like she is so very so so meh... Imo Hinata much better, she got teh *breasts* cough cough. Well anyway

1) Naruto x Hinata
    2)Ino x Shika
    3) Lee x Tenten
    4) Neji x ?
    5) Kakashi vs SHizune (maybeh)
    6) Sakura =4ever alone

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never thought Sakura was very attractive, at least by manga standards. It was said, in one of the interviews, that Kishimoto went out of his way to try and make Sakura "not cute" and i think he pretty much succeeded. She's not ugly but she has a cuteness factor of 0%. In my opinion Hinata is better looking and that Ino is WAY better looking(by a lot).

But that's always endeared the Naruto character to me somewhat. Sakura isn't the coolest or most beautiful. Yet throughout the whole series she's only girl i can recall him having the hots for. That makes him seem less shallow than a character that just goes for the prettiest face.

That does raise a question though...why does Naruto like her so much?

As much as i loath the overuse of flashbacks, i'd really like one to explain that. What exactly did she do that originally caught his attention? Seems like he has been carrying a torch for her since the second chapter of the series and we still don't really know why.

--------------------

As for this supposedly romantic stuff between Chouji and Ino, i just don't see it that way.

I'm not against the idea of them getting together but everything i've seen seems like it's much more about Shikamaru, Chouji and, Ino as a team. As opposed to Chouji and Ino as some sort of couple. It doesn't seem to me like it's building up to that either, at least not in any way i found noticeable.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 02, 2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    But that's always endeared the Naruto character to me somewhat. Sakura isn't the coolest or most beautiful. Yet throughout the whole series she's only girl i can recall him having the hots for. That makes him seem less shallow than a character that just goes for the prettiest face.

That does raise a question though...why does Naruto like her so much?

As much as i loath the overuse of flashbacks, i'd really like one to explain that. What exactly did she do that originally caught his attention? Seems like he has been carrying a torch for her since the second chapter of the series and we still don't really know why.
    Not only Naruto, but Rock Lee still drools over her. Maybe it's the girl next door thing? Sakura has those qualities. Not one guy has noticed Ino, Hinata, Tenten, Karin, Karui, Temari, or Samui, but Sakura has two guys after her. Like Olive Oil. . Inari did though say Sakura was very pretty when he saw her again after the Pain Arc. So in canon she is thought of as attractive now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    As for this supposedly romantic stuff between Chouji and Ino, i just don't see it that way.

I'm not against the idea of them getting together but everything i've seen seems like it's much more about Shikamaru, Chouji and, Ino as a team. As opposed to Chouji and Ino as some sort of couple. It doesn't seem to me like it's building up to that either, at least not in any way i found noticeable.
    I don't get it either. There was no romance in this chapter. Nothing. Choji wants to get married. Well so does Shikamaru, Naruto and probably every other guy. This was about the team. Romance ruins teams.

I think a lot of fans believe it will end up Shika x Temari and Ino x Choji. A perfect foursome. So anything they see furthering that they jump on. It's similar with Naruto x Hinata and Sasuke x Sakura. What's funny is that Ino x Choji is NOT a popular pairing. There is very little fanart or fanfics that feature it in a fandom where every pairing has lots of material. Likely cause Choji is not a hottie and is rather unpopular. Shikamaru x Ino is way more popular. So is Sai x Ino and even Sasuke x Ino(yuck). I can even find more stuff with Ino with weird people like Neji, Gaara, Deidara, Itachi, and Kiba than with Choji. Go figure.
    Last edited by Jessie; April 03, 2011 at 02:01 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I see Ino with Sai rather than Ino with either Shikamaru or Chouji. Ino looks more like she considers them both as her younger brothers and she the mature one who pushes them to do something.

Gimme Shikamaru x Temari please. The others I don't care, though seeing Ino a lot would be good.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

If Kushina's wish means anything then Sakura and Naruto will end up together. And quite frankly I fail to see how anyone is going to end up with Sasuke lol. He tried to kill Sakura, so I doubt she's going to fall for him again.

As for why Naruto like Sakura so much, it's due to his attraction to her and also possibly because she liked Sasuke his rival. Whatever "love" he may have for her would roll back to the fact he was attracted to her as a child and became closer to her as teammates.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    quite frankly I fail to see how anyone is going to end up with Sasuke lol. He tried to kill Sakura, so I doubt she's going to fall for him again.
    I don't understand why people still hope for Sasuke X Sakura

http://www.mangareader.net/93-47297-...apter-483.html

http://www.mangareader.net/93-47597-...apter-484.html

the look on Sasuke's face he didn't hesitate to try to end her twice!

http://www.mangareader.net/93-47597-...apter-484.html

Sakura on the other hand hesitated the relationship is so one sided, and i think it will always will be.

the only person Sasuke seems to hesitate with was naruto

http://www.mangareader.net/93-48084-...apter-486.html

As Sasuke is so ready to kill Sakura not once but twice. showing no feeling what so ever, his friendship with naruto means more to him. I'm not saying sasuke is gay but he has no interest in Sakura at all what so ever.
    I think every other pairing has a chance but if this pairing happen I don't know what Kishimoto is smoking then! Like how would that date go? "um....yea I'm sorry I tired to kill you a few times, and I may try it one more time but I will always love you babe!"

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast