Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1567

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #166
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Well the latest chapter puts a hole in the theory that Sakura loves both guys. It's gonna be one or the other.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #167
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Well the latest chapter puts a hole in the theory that Sakura loves both guys. It's gonna be one or the other.
    And, honestly, can you really see Sakura say something like that with almost a smile in her face while thinking of Sasuke?

    No, I think she's thinking of... Naruto!!


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #168
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I figured Kishi's little love letter would stir the NaruHinaSasuSaku pot. I just read a long thread on another forum on it. Most of it was shippers fighting, but there was one point that did make sense. Kishi tends to play things very coy when addressing Sakura's feelings for Naruto. It is much less obvious than her love for Sasuke.

    So I think it was Naruto she was talking about and not Sasuke. It would just be too obvious if it were Sasuke. There would be no reason for Kishi to add this scene if she were just confirming her love for Sasuke. He could of used another way to have a red herring this chapter than a guy in love with Sakura.

    It reminded me of when Yamato was about to tell her she loved Naruto but was cut off.

    Well we are seeing some romance in this war thanks to this ninja. Just not the romances we care about yet. So maybe it is a sign Kishi will finally move.

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #169
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    876
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    It's not an issue of Kishi being obvious, it's always been an issue of Kishi being ambiguous when it comes to Sakura and to Naruto as well. Sakura is obvious for her feelings of Sasuke, she has been ambiguous about her feelings of Naruto. Naruto was obvious about his feelings for Sakura but now they've grown more ambiguous as are his feelings to Hinata.

    Sakura has been a straight arrow for Sasuke for 3 years now and we haven't seen one lick of her since Sasuke and Naruto's agreement to duel each other. We don't know what she's feeling and that remark could easily be one of embarassment in order to get rid of creepy ninja guy, as much as another confession of love for Sasuke or more remotely, Naruto.

  8. #170
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mad Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    After the false confession and how she react toward Sasuke, its a fact that the one sakura love is sasuke
    So in the last chapter the one she talking about IS SASUKE not naruto....

    her feeling for naruto ARE NOT ROMENTICAL

  9. #171
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Hahaha

    He did it again. I find it so funny how often Kishi does his signature "Rorschach Romance". And every-time people take the bait; hook, line, and sinker(myself included).

    That scene is what you want it to be. As a Naruto/Sakura fan to me it's obvious that Sakura was talking about Naruto. To Sasuke/Sakura fans and Naruto/Hinata fans i'm sure it's just as obvious that she was talking about Sasuke. Absolutely hilarious.
    Last edited by Jammin; May 19, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

  10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #172
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    There's not much to get from it really. Like Brill said it can easily be a statement to get the stalker away. I would honestly find it a little weird if she suddenly loves Naruto, unless the confession wasn't entirely false after all but that's useless to think about.

    If she's being honest then it could be either of them. It could be Naruto because she's a little shy about it and it's plainly put not very normal to just blurp out "I'm in love with X you see" to someone that doesn't even know the guy, although the shinobi has possibly heard of Naruto's name since they're fighting to keep him and Bee safe. On the other hand she could have hid the name because saying she's in love with Sasuke, a wanted criminal is not very clever now is it? At any rate it's just another useless tease by Kishi.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  12. #173
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ceará
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    7,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Oh, shut up everyone!
    She's in love with Neji after touching his muscular bare chest in the tent.





    Ican't believe i wrote that, i better check if fever is back.

    Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

  13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #174
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Hahaha

    He did it again. I find it so funny how often Kishi does his signature "Rorschach Romance". And every-time people take the bait; hook, line, and sinker(myself included).

    That scene is what you want it to be. As a Naruto/Sakura fan to me it's obvious that Sakura was talking about Naruto. To Sasuke/Sakura fans and Naruto/Hinata fans i'm sure it's just as obvious that she was talking about Sasuke. Absolutely hilarious.
    And to the one Shino/Sakura fan, she was talking about him. We are pigeons and Kishi is throwing us some crumbs. Such is romance in Naruto. Nothing is ever clear and everything is open to interpretation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    Oh, shut up everyone!
    She's in love with Neji after touching his muscular bare chest in the tent.





    Ican't believe i wrote that, i better check if fever is back.
    Neji is too hot for her.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #175
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I am not sure if she was trolling the guy to get rid of him, or if she meant Naruto or Sasuke, but even if she meant Naruto, she still deserves to die for the previous confession.


  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #176
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by honoric View Post
    After the false confession and how she react toward Sasuke, its a fact that the one sakura love is sasuke
    So in the last chapter the one she talking about IS SASUKE not naruto....

    her feeling for naruto ARE NOT ROMENTICAL
    DId you think that you're argument would be better because you bolded the words and put them in capitals?

    SAKURA LOVES NARUTO

    Did that convince you?

    Really, if you want to discuss this romance, at least try to put some argument behind your thoughts.

    And, stating opinion as if they were "facts", like you did, is really not regarded well in a forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Hahaha

    He did it again. I find it so funny how often Kishi does his signature "Rorschach Romance". And every-time people take the bait; hook, line, and sinker(myself included).

    That scene is what you want it to be. As a Naruto/Sakura fan to me it's obvious that Sakura was talking about Naruto. To Sasuke/Sakura fans and Naruto/Hinata fans i'm sure it's just as obvious that she was talking about Sasuke. Absolutely hilarious.
    Yes, you're absolutely right.
    This scene add nothing on neither side. There's no way to know who's she's talking about.

    But, at least, it stand to show that Kishi didn't forget about romance.
    Maybe he's planning on putting some war romance in the next chapters, that would be nice.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; May 19, 2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #177
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    There's not much to get from it really. Like Brill said it can easily be a statement to get the stalker away. I would honestly find it a little weird if she suddenly loves Naruto, unless the confession wasn't entirely false after all but that's useless to think about.

    If she's being honest then it could be either of them. It could be Naruto because she's a little shy about it and it's plainly put not very normal to just blurp out "I'm in love with X you see" to someone that doesn't even know the guy, although the shinobi has possibly heard of Naruto's name since they're fighting to keep him and Bee safe. On the other hand she could have hid the name because saying she's in love with Sasuke, a wanted criminal is not very clever now is it? At any rate it's just another useless tease by Kishi.
    If it was Naruto, Sakura wouldn't really be that quick to declare it. I mean, she does feel guilty and horrible for what she put Naruto through, burdening him with the pain of bringing back Sasuke and etc and on top of that, giving him a "fake" confession. while she may love Sasuke, I think she's given up on him... probably. Possibly not cuz of her thinking happy ending was possible.....................

    She loves Naruto (too?) but can't say it because she thinks she doesn't deserve his love... yet anyway.

    <_<

    NaruHina ftw.

  21. #178
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rosebunse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Damn Kishi. It could be either one. Sure, Kishi likes to downplay any "love" Sakura has for Naruto, but too, there are a few very good reasons for her not to bring Sasuke up.

    But I think it would be interesting to see if she were kidnapped. And raped. But Kishi wouldn't put the rape part in there because, this is shoenen and not fanfiction.

    Let's remember to keep our fanfiction/drugs separate from the actual manga no matter how bored we are.

  22. #179
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    I'm pretty sure in an interview, Kishimoto supported NaruHina. So Sakura must be talking about Sasuke.


    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    And, honestly, can you really see Sakura say something like that with almost a smile in her face while thinking of Sasuke?

    No, I think she's thinking of... Naruto!!
    Of course, like Naruto, she's always optimistic about her goals. She's basically a Fem Naruto. Thats why she's the main heroine. If Naruto feels that he can be saved, so can she.
    Last edited by sho87; May 20, 2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  23. #180
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sharikaaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I am not sure if she was trolling the guy to get rid of him, or if she meant Naruto or Sasuke, but even if she meant Naruto, she still deserves to die for the previous confession.
    Yeah, that was pretty awful/embarrassing. And somehow everyone just let it slide and never mentioned anything about it again. Typical of Kishi. He never showed Naruto giving a thought to Hinata's actually real confession either, so maybe there just isn't any hope for the romance in this manga.

New Reply
Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts