Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 1588

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #796
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    HOOOOLLLLDDD UPPP.
    That was love interest???
    Can I be given a link!?! That's... One heck of an age gap iirc. Basically a KakashixTsunade sort of age gap no?
    It's actually larger than Tsuande and Kakashi because Anko is about 4-5 years younger than Kakashi.

    But, it was never a romantic interest, and if it was it was barely if at all hinted it. It was more along the lines that Anko worshiped Orochimaru and loved him despite how badly he treated her, or when he experimented on her. She hates him so much because he manipulated her when she was a child. That love, or whatever feeling she had for him is long gone now. Their relationship would be similar to Naruto and Jiraiya's.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #797
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,879
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    WHY IS INO STILL INTERESTED IN SASUKE? WHAT THE FUUUUCK?
    Inb4 Kishi retcons the pairings into Ino x Sasuke, leaving Sakura with either no one (would fit how he's treating her) or with Naruto

    I think Neji's death just screams laziness on every level. Kishi needed someone to die. He needed someone important non-"fodder" to die. Kiba wouldn't have cut it. InoShikaChou are immune to death. Hinata, no way. Tenten, who cares. Lee, no freaking way. Shino, uuuuuh. Sooooo, Neji it is. Then he got lazy with his death as well and made it take two chapters before he even showed Lee being by Neji's side. That being said I always found Lee x Tenten a more likely pairing than Neji x Tenten.

    Oh, and looks like Kiba has the hawts for Chouji bulking up. He's masking his fanboyism with his "rage face".
    Last edited by 3c; January 22, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #798
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Inb4 Kishi retcons the pairings into Ino x Sasuke, leaving Sakura with either no one (would fit how he's treating her) or with Naruto
    Oh I think he'll do us one better. Don't go forgetting about Rock Lee, a long forgotten competitor for Sakura's affections. She'll probably just throw herself into his manly elastic jumpsuited chest after she sees him breaking down at an inappropriate moment for a warrior, having found a kindred spirit.

    In the epilogue, as one final F U to Sakura fans everywhere we'll learn their offspring created a clan of the worst shinobi in history. Inheriting Rock Lee's intellect and inability to do ninjitsu along with Sakura's near superheroic ability to avoid being useful, they will be a clan of pink haired people known as the....

    "Sages of Incompetence" (a.k.a. "The Failsennin")
    As if a pink haired little boy wouldn't have it hard enough...

    I think that feels about constant with the dark seething hatred he seems to have for Sakura's character.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 22, 2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

  6. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #799
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Oh I think he'll do us one better. Don't go forgetting about Rock Lee, a long forgotten competitor for Sakura's affections. She'll probably just throw herself into his manly elastic jumpsuited chest after she sees him breaking down an inappropriate moment for a warrior, having found a kindred spirit.

    In the epilogue, as one final F U to Sakura fans everywhere we'll learn their offspring created a clan of the worst shinobi in history. Inheriting Rock Lee's intellect and inability to do ninjitsu along with Sakura's near superheroic ability to avoid being useful, they will be a clan of pink haired people known as the....

    "Sages of Incompetence" (a.k.a. "The Failsennin")
    As if a pink haired little boy wouldn't have it hard enough...

    I think that feels about constant with the dark seething hatred he seems to have for Sakura's character.
    .

  8. #800
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    You say Lee was being unprofessional but would you have expected Ino and Shikamaru to casually shrug off the death of Choji like Tenten has?
    Or Shino and Hinata to shrug off Kiba's death?
    I don't think you would really expect that.
    Considering we've already had people crying in this war. That death was a bit of a dog's death imo. Got shrugged off pretty casually.

    Granted it is law not to waste time crying though I do understand that.
    Hinata pretty much shrug off Neji's death, and he was a lot more important to her than Kiba.
    She was sad and even shed a tear, but she didn't breakdown like Lee did.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; January 22, 2013 at 04:58 PM.


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  9. #801
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    She'll probably just throw herself into his manly elastic jumpsuited chest after she sees him breaking down an inappropriate moment for a warrior, having found a kindred spirit.
    If Lee gets even a tenth of the Gaikage's swagger, Sakura will be the luckiest woman in Konoha.
    After the many ones Gaikage beds every night


    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    HOOOOLLLLDDD UPPP.
    That was love interest???
    Can I be given a link!?! That's... One heck of an age gap iirc. Basically a KakashixTsunade sort of age gap no?
    As Jessie said, its not clear whenever Anko loved Oro as a mentor, a parent, or a lover, but we know it was love, and also it was hinted to be pretty strong, as Anko was deeply affected even by the smallest taunts from Oro.
    Its no different as young girls having a crush on their idols, and Orochimaru was Anko's idol

    ---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Hinata pretty much shrug off Neji's death, and he was a lot more important to her than Kiba.
    She was sad and even shed a tear, but she didn't breakdown like Lee did.
    Because she knew there was a war going on, remember Gai's speech to the rookiefodder! ? Mourning was something that its done later, mourning in battle would mean wasting the life the comrade gave his life for

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #802
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Hinata pretty much shrug off Neji's death, and he was a lot more important to her than Kiba.
    She was sad and even shed a tear, but she didn't breakdown like Lee did.
    Well the floodgates were open on Hinata as well, but she kept her composure unlike Lee.

  12. #803
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,467
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    I think Anko loved how sadistic Orochimaru was, since she herself is sadistic (dunno if it's the byproduct of being with Orochimaru). But she definitely has some sadistic traits like him.

  13. #804
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Oh I think he'll do us one better. Don't go forgetting about Rock Lee, a long forgotten competitor for Sakura's affections. She'll probably just throw herself into his manly elastic jumpsuited chest after she sees him breaking down at an inappropriate moment for a warrior, having found a kindred spirit.

    In the epilogue, as one final F U to Sakura fans everywhere we'll learn their offspring created a clan of the worst shinobi in history. Inheriting Rock Lee's intellect and inability to do ninjitsu along with Sakura's near superheroic ability to avoid being useful, they will be a clan of pink haired people known as the....

    "Sages of Incompetence" (a.k.a. "The Failsennin")
    As if a pink haired little boy wouldn't have it hard enough...

    I think that feels about constant with the dark seething hatred he seems to have for Sakura's character.
    I'm pretty sure Kishi was beaten to near death after being denied by a Pink haired women once in his life, hence why he hates Sakura so much.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. #805
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance (and society) in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    As Jessie said, its not clear whenever Anko loved Oro as a mentor, a parent, or a lover, but we know it was love, and also it was hinted to be pretty strong, as Anko was deeply affected even by the smallest taunts from Oro.
    Its no different as young girls having a crush on their idols, and Orochimaru was Anko's idol
    I don't think it was cited anywhere that it she loved him like a lover.
    And I think it's pretty different to Sakura completely-unreturned-love for Sasuke imo. I mean at the she probably saw the guy as a mentor and teacher.
    Their relationship has been compared more to Naruto and Jiraiya iirc

  15. #806
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    What? No mention of Hinata-chan knocking Naruto's shoulder back in place? Once again proving herself as the perfect girl for him. Something a certain pink haired medic ninja could of done if she hadn't disappeared into the cosmos. Maybe she decided to elope with Darui since I don't see him anymore either?

    The Sakura and NaruSaku fandom seems to be falling apart. There are two camps. One is still holding out hope that Kishi gives a bleep about Sakura and her not even being drawn is for a reason. She'll show up out of nowhere and do something important. He must be holding her back right? I mean she is suppose to be the main heroine? Well they said the same thing about the attack on Obito and she got blasted. And Kishi keeps giving Hinata ways to stay relevant.

    The other group has just given up and believes Kishi hates her, he loves Hinata-chan now, and she'll only be pairing fodder for Sasuke. That is if she is lucky.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  17. #807
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    There was no direct NaruHina development in this chapter, just an inference. Kishi is making Hinata's dream come true. She is able to stay by Naruto's and she can help him when he needs assistance. It's a moment, but nothing concrete. Who knew the Hyuugas were natural-born chiropractors? I bet Hinata gives a good backrub, or maybe something else to other extremities? Ah...the things one can do with chakra.

    Well to be honest what the hell can Sakura really do on the frontline? Rasengan, Fang over Fang, Primary Lotus, Bug Ball, Shadow Possession, Empty Fist, Mind-Transfer, Healing Jutsu. Healing jutsu?!? Just drawing that panel would look silly when put beside all the rest. Sakura is a good healer, but a lousy fighter. Additionaly, since half the medical corps was killed the previous night, the alliance would be stupid to put their remaining healers on the frontline of the vanguard! A lot of people want Sakura to shine, but this isn't her moment. This moment is for the other Konoha 8 members. After this, they're done for the story. Give them their moment.

    Now that Sasuke has arrived at his destination he will engage Naruto shortly and not after another time arc. This is when Sakura will be relevant again. This is when Sakura will hopefully break out of her funk and redeem her status as the main female protagonist, but It's not going to be as the lover of Naruto. That ship has sailed. She still might make things happen with Sasuke when things are concluded, but the NaruSaku fans need to read the writing on the tea leaves. The game to win Naruto as the prize is over, but the games for Sasuke are just begining.

  18. #808
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    There was no direct NaruHina development in this chapter, just an inference. Kishi is making Hinata's dream come true. She is able to stay by Naruto's and she can help him when he needs assistance. It's a moment, but nothing concrete. Who knew the Hyuugas were natural-born chiropractors? I bet Hinata gives a good backrub, or maybe something else to other extremities? Ah...the things one can do with chakra.

    Well to be honest what the hell can Sakura really do on the frontline? Rasengan, Fang over Fang, Primary Lotus, Bug Ball, Shadow Possession, Empty Fist, Mind-Transfer, Healing Jutsu. Healing jutsu?!? Just drawing that panel would look silly when put beside all the rest. Sakura is a good healer, but a lousy fighter. Additionaly, since half the medical corps was killed the previous night, the alliance would be stupid to put their remaining healers on the frontline of the vanguard! A lot of people want Sakura to shine, but this isn't her moment. This moment is for the other Konoha 8 members. After this, they're done for the story. Give them their moment.

    Now that Sasuke has arrived at his destination he will engage Naruto shortly and not after another time arc. This is when Sakura will be relevant again. This is when Sakura will hopefully break out of her funk and redeem her status as the main female protagonist, but It's not going to be as the lover of Naruto. That ship has sailed. She still might make things happen with Sasuke when things are concluded, but the NaruSaku fans need to read the writing on the tea leaves. The game to win Naruto as the prize is over, but the games for Sasuke are just begining.
    Yeah, I get the feeling that Sasuke and Sakura is going to happen...

    Now, that Naruto and Hinata is set in stone, there's is only one reason why Kishi would have Sakura still being in love with Sasuke after all he did (tried to kill her and Naruto numerous times).
    And it's because, once Naruto manages to bring him back to the good side, she will be there for him, and will give him the love he "needs".

    So, yeah...
    Way to go, Kishi...

    What a great message to give to all of the young female readers.
    Even if you boyfriend beats you, and try to kill you, he's just misunderstood, you need to love him even more so that he can see the "light".


    True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!
    ___________________

    Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  20. #809
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Yeah, I get the feeling that Sasuke and Sakura is going to happen...

    Now, that Naruto and Hinata is set in stone, there's is only one reason why Kishi would have Sakura still being in love with Sasuke after all he did (tried to kill her and Naruto numerous times).
    And it's because, once Naruto manages to bring him back to the good side, she will be there for him, and will give him the love he "needs".

    So, yeah...
    Way to go, Kishi...

    What a great message to give to all of the young female readers.
    Even if you boyfriend beats you, and try to kill you, he's just misunderstood, you need to love him even more so that he can see the "light".
    Let's not forget that Sakura went there to kill Sasuke first? Sasuke wasn't stalking Sakura it was the other way around. They were made for each other.

  21. #810
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,703
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I don't think it was cited anywhere that it she loved him like a lover.
    And I think it's pretty different to Sakura completely-unreturned-love for Sasuke imo. I mean at the she probably saw the guy as a mentor and teacher.
    Their relationship has been compared more to Naruto and Jiraiya iirc
    It always seemed ambiguous to me, and imo it was portrayed as such, considering in part 1 there were way darker themes, and an apprentice exploited by his master for experiments and such seems something Oro would do.
    Imo it ran further than master and apprentice, but its just me

    Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    So, yeah...
    Way to go, Kishi...

    What a great message to give to all of the young female readers.
    Even if you boyfriend beats you, and try to kill you, he's just misunderstood, you need to love him even more so that he can see the "light".
    Actually the only message I can see conveyed by Sakura is "Beware of pink-haired girls."

New Reply
Page 54 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts