Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    It always seemed ambiguous to me, and imo it was portrayed as such, considering in part 1 there were way darker themes, and an apprentice exploited by his master for experiments and such seems something Oro would do.
    Imo it ran further than master and apprentice, but its just me
    Just adding the cookie monster to your post makes me nervously go over Oro's character again... I guess that guy really could have been such a creep...

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Just adding the cookie monster to your post makes me nervously go over Oro's character again... I guess that guy really could have been such a creep...
    Could have been a creep? This dude used to lick his lips at the thought of Sasuke's body. Saying he could have been a creep is like saying Jiriaya could have been a pervert if only we had seen him having sex with girls in all those bath houses he spied on lol
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Could have been a creep? This dude used to lick his lips at the thought of Sasuke's body. Saying he could have been a creep is like saying Jiriaya could have been a pervert if only we had seen him having sex with girls in all those bath houses he spied on lol
    I admit, my memory of Part I is a bit slacking but that was a school boy error for me to say "Could have been".
    Gosh, the lip licking, He happily inhabited a female body, the way he basically kissed Sasuke's neck to apply the Cursed Seal...

I don't think he was even interested in Romance, more like a guy just wanting to get to the point... :

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought Kabuto was in love with Orochimaru. Even the Rock Lee SD portrays them as very similar to Mr. Burns and Mr. Smithers.

Hmmm. According to some who read the 616 RAW, Ino might of been showing reget over having loved Sasuke. Like it was a stupid thing to do. You might have to be Japanese to get it.

Still, even having Sasuke brought up during Ino's final farewell with her father, was ridiculous. Her father should of told her she was an idiot to like him and find a real guy. Which is important stuff to talk about with your daughter when a giant Juubi bomb is about to kill you.
    Last edited by Jessie; January 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Hmmm. According to some who read the 616 RAW, Ino might of been showing reget over having loved Sasuke. Like it was a stupid thing to do. You might have to be Japanese to get it.

Still, even having Sasuke brought up during Ino's final farewell with her father, was ridiculous. Her father should of told her she was an idiot to like him and find a real guy. Which is important stuff to talk about with your daughter when a giant Juubi bomb is about to kill you.
    Woah!

I didn't even noticed that panel when I read it first!!
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c616/16.html

Why is she thinking of Sasuke at that moment!?

This is getting ridiculous.

Trashing Sakura is fine, she's already hopeless.
    But, Ino is pretty much the only genin12 female that I really had respect for...
    Kishi cannot make her still be in love with Sasuke...

If he does that... there's no hope anymore...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Woah!

I didn't even noticed that panel when I read it first!!
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v60/c616/16.html

Why is she thinking of Sasuke at that moment!?

This is getting ridiculous.

Trashing Sakura is fine, she's already hopeless.
    But, Ino is pretty much the only genin12 female that I really had respect for...
    Kishi cannot make her still be in love with Sasuke...

If he does that... there's no hope anymore...
    Just because you have promising fighting prowess doesn't mean you can't have lousy taste in men. Besides, girls like bad boys, only creepy, stalky types like the nice ones.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Just because you have promising fighting prowess doesn't mean you can't have lousy taste in men. Besides, girls like bad boys, only creepy, stalky types like the nice ones.
    So girls not only like the really mysterious 'bad guys' but they like if those 'bad guys' are thought to have alot of other girls around them? Wow so they actually 'WANT' the competition, they really 'want' to compete for the guy who is thought to have many other girls around him?

Surely the word logic is above & beyond those girls who want bad guys no?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    So girls not only like the really mysterious 'bad guys' but they like if those 'bad guys' are thought to have alot of other girls around them? Wow so they actually 'WANT' the competition, they really 'want' to compete for the guy who is thought to have many other girls around him?

Oh, I'm in love with this guy but there are 5 other people in love with him so I'll just forget about him. -> Does that sound logical to you?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post

You're assuming logic wins over teenage hormones. Think again.
    Last edited by Brill; January 29, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    You're assuming logic wins over teenage hormones. Think again.
    You're stereotyping.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by liductan View Post
    You're stereotyping.
    Because they are stereotypes. They like who they like and that's it. Ino, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, and Lee all like who lthey've liked for three years without waivering. There has been no dynamic play with any of the wanted courtships in this series. Naruto is probably the first and last person who might go with another person. Part is Kishi's failure to develop romantic storylines for characters after he introduces them, the other is their lack of character development itself. What is there to Ino's character aside from being Sakura's rival, liking Sasuke, and being a member to Ino Shika Chou. The answer is not much. So when Kishi tries to summarize Ino through her father's eyes Sasuke is going to be part of it whether you think she should have moved on by now or not.

---------- Post added February 07, 2013 at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was January 29, 2013 at 01:08 PM ----------

Well NaruHina lasted about 3 chapters, now NaruSasu is the destined pairing with all that pent-up love they have. Yuck.

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Ino even have a personality to be worth a page full of discussion on stereotypes? She's as dumb as a pile of rocks. I am flabbergasted she wasn't wasted instead of Neji; he had so much potential to be a great character. What is this Kishimoto guy thinking?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Day After Valentine's Day!
    Spoiler show

I find it funny NaruSaku and NaruHina shippers are now arguing who Mito was more like since Naruto is more like Hashirama(certainly more than Minato).

Mito was described as being calm, composed, and dignified. The opposite of her carefree and somewhat silly husband. Which of course Hinata fans jumped on since it would be similar to NaruHina(although not really)

She doesn't look anything like Sakura to me, but some NaruSaku fans are trying for a comparison.

Of course, given she was an Uzumaki with red hair, it probably speaks more to NaruKarin(just kidding).

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Did Ino even have a personality to be worth a page full of discussion on stereotypes? She's as dumb as a pile of rocks. I am flabbergasted she wasn't wasted instead of Neji; he had so much potential to be a great character. What is this Kishimoto guy thinking?
    I wouldn't have cared if he still portrayed Ino as the unlikable airhead(except for her role in Sakura's backstory) from Part 1. But he did try to develop her a little through her team. Which is why having her think of Sasuke was such a kick in the teeth. It brings her right back to being an airhead.

But I guess the Uchiha just have soooo much love that it is hard to stop caring about them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ He did? When did that amazing character development take place? better love than being criminally retarded, a la Ino. She offends me, literally, together with Hinata and Sakura. Stuff under my fingernails has more personality.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Happy Day After Valentine's Day!
    Spoiler show
    No love for Ino or Choiji. Why isn't Kiba and Akamaru there? Xenophobes.

Quote Quote:
    I find it funny NaruSaku and NaruHina shippers are now arguing who Mito was more like since Naruto is more like Hashirama(certainly more than Minato).

Mito was described as being calm, composed, and dignified. The opposite of her carefree and somewhat silly husband. Which of course Hinata fans jumped on since it would be similar to NaruHina(although not really)

She doesn't look anything like Sakura to me, but some NaruSaku fans are trying for a comparison.

Of course, given she was an Uzumaki with red hair, it probably speaks more to NaruKarin(just kidding).
    Sigh. First, it was "who's more like Kushina", now it's "who's more like Mito". Let's put it this way, IT DOESN"T FREAKING MATTER! Why, because they aren't the same people with the same experiences. Just because Team 7 is the next generation of the Sannin doesn't mean that Tsuande had a crush on Orochimaru because Sakura has the hots for Sasuke. The similarities stop there unless Kishi himeself wants to elaborate; such as Jiraiya having feelings for Tsunade. That's fine, but Mito has said nothing except when she was an old lady with Kushina, which has absolutely nothing to do with which girl Naruto wants to be with. I can appreciate the yearning for more romantic developlment but Chapter 615 was it, for what it's worth. We may get something on the SasuSaku front before the ending but that's about it, except for some final chapters wrap-ups possibly.

Quote Quote:
    I wouldn't have cared if he still portrayed Ino as the unlikable airhead(except for her role in Sakura's backstory) from Part 1. But he did try to develop her a little through her team. Which is why having her think of Sasuke was such a kick in the teeth. It brings her right back to being an airhead.

But I guess the Uchiha just have soooo much love that it is hard to stop caring about them.
    Ah yes, the dreaded, character-maturation, fallacy argument. Since Character X is proven great in battle ALL OTHER aspects of their character mature to that same level. Which, of course, is completely incorrect. It's why we have all the "why is Naruto still a dumbass after showing how awesome he was in that last battle" tirades that plague these forums ad nasueam. Just because Ino performed well on the front-lines with Shikamaru and Chouji doesn't preclude her from liking Sasuke, nor does it prevent Sakura from still loving Sasuke after she tried to track him down and kill him, nor does it prevent Naruto from still being an idiot even though he has beaten some of the strongest shinobi in the world. Characters have flaws and weaknesses as they have perfections and strengths, just because one of theses traits is reinforced doesn't mean the others have eroded.

23. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast