Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

I kind of figured the next vol cover might have some NaruHina, but I didn't see this coming. Kishi really loves to torture the NaruSaku fans. I kind of thought Kishi would draw Naruto giving chakra to everyone, but they are just in the background with the focus on Naruto holding hands with Hinata. Does anyone not see Naruto with Hinata at the end after all this?

And I think that thing behind them is the Ghost of Neji. So it makes his somewhat meaningless ho-hum death look like it was for NaruHina. Poor Neji. Even in death he was just pairing fodder.

I wish there was something about Team 10 given their loses, but Kishi went with the blatant NH fanservice.
    Last edited by Jessie; March 26, 2013 at 01:51 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

I kind of figured the next vol cover might have some NaruHina, but I didn't see this coming. Kishi really loves to torture the NaruSaku fans. I kind of thought Kishi would draw Naruto giving chakra to everyone, but they are just in the background with the focus on Naruto holding hands with Hinata. Does anyone not see Naruto with Hinata at the end after all this?

And I think that thing behind them is the Ghost of Neji. So it makes his somewhat meaningless ho-hum death look like it was for NaruHina. Poor Neji. Even in death he was just pairing fodder.

I wish there was something about Team 10 given their loses, but Kishi went with the blatant NH fanservice.
    It's a great cover though.
    Better than many other we saw.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    The spiraling depths of retardedness(AKA the Jellystone dimension)
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

. u guys are forgetting the true pairings in the manga which are hashirama and madara who are like romeo and juliet torn apart because of their clans and evil brothers

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by babaGAReeb View Post
    . u guys are forgetting the true pairings in the manga which are hashirama and madara who are like romeo and juliet torn apart because of their clans and evil brothers
    I haven't forgotten....but I'm trying really hard to.

It seems like everywhere you turn in this series another pseudo-brotherly relationship (debatablely with homoerotic undertones) springs up. I just do not get why Kishimoto has set so many pivotal relationships in the series up like that.
    • Orochimaru/Jiriaya
    • Sasuke/Naruto
    • Madara/Hashirama
    • Kakashi/Obito

The strongest theme in the series is men who have overwhelming and obsessive love for other men, to whom they are not related.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 28, 2013 at 04:04 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They should just call this series Bromuto.

At least we know which pairing the studio wants. Let's see if Kishi is on the same page.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say that I'm soooooo glad that Madara didn't became evil because of a love triangle again...

I was almost expecting Mito to show up and being the reason for Madara to become evil...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this series could tolerate another Helen of Troy analogy.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Just wanted to say that I'm soooooo glad that Madara didn't became evil because of a love triangle again...

I was almost expecting Mito to show up and being the reason for Madara to become evil...
    I am also glad there was no love triangle. And that Mito hasn't even shown up. Her appearance would have nothing to do with Sasuke's question.

Some Sakura and NS fans have latched onto Mito hoping her appearance will further NS in some strange way. She could be a tsundere like Sakura and since Hashirama is like Naruto...yeah, that is their hope. Another parallel. NS has become more about parallels than actual interaction.

This is what happens when your two shipping interests never talk to each anymore, one of them gets pushed into the background, and the other one is holding hands with the girl you never took seriously as his future love interest. You start grasping at straws and looking for anything to get hope out of.
    Last edited by Jessie; March 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I am also glad there was no love triangle. And that Mito hasn't even shown up. Her appearance would have nothing to do with Sasuke's question.

Some Sakura and NS fans have latched onto Mito hoping her appearance will further NS in some strange way. She could be a tsundere like Sakura and since Hashirama is like Naruto...yeah, that is their hope. Another parallel. NS has become more about parallels than actual interaction.

This is what happens when your two shipping interests never talk to each anymore, one of them gets pushed into the background, and the other one is holding hands with the girl you never took seriously as his future love interest. You start grasping at straws and looking for anything to get hope out of.
    Pretty much this. Even as a NS fan myself, this behavior is kind of annoying. And what's even more annoying, some obnoxious fans refuse to even accept the possibilities that our pairing might not even become canon an that anyone that thinks otherwise is insane.

That said, if Mito will have a parallel with Sakura, it definitely won't be a straight up one like Hashi and Madara.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

a warning to NS fan....... with Mito it can go both way....... yes she may be a sakura expy..... but she can be an Hinata one too......
    we dont know where she stood in the Uzumaki clan..... by the way she dress (expensive looking clothe ,a tiara and the way her hair are..... she seem to be high in position... and with the fact that she marry Harashima ( head of senju an hokage)and by the way senju and uzumaki are tie she can even be the daugher of the uzumaki head (just like hinata in the hyuga)...... so harashima/mito can very well be an clue for Naruto/hinata .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I haven't forgotten....but I'm trying really hard to.

It seems like everywhere you turn in this series another pseudo-brotherly relationship (debatablely with homoerotic undertones) springs up. I just do not get why Kishimoto has set so many pivotal relationships in the series up like that.
    • Orochimaru/Jiriaya
    • Sasuke/Naruto
    • Madara/Hashirama
    • Kakashi/Obito

The strongest theme in the series is men who have overwhelming and obsessive love for other men, to whom they are not related.
    So, you would rather have a cheap romance novel-esque themes rather than brotherly bonds? Love is an abstraction and I think men can love each other without sexual feelings. I actually like this facet of manga.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    So, you would rather have a cheap romance novel-esque themes rather than brotherly bonds? Love is an abstraction and I think men can love each other without sexual feelings. I actually like this facet of manga.
    I would rather see some variety. Instead with the same thing over and over again. The key to the future of the universe is dudes and their mancrushes, which I find to be both sexist and boring.

I want something new.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for thematic consistency. But each time the situation has got to be different enough not to seem like recycled ideas. And that's exactly what all those relationships seem like to me. Four shades(very similar shades) of the same color. If he really wants to do all male bonding like this, at least make one of the couples gay; for varieties sake. Or have them jealously fighting over something or someone. Anything that isn't the same old crap. Duty, patriotism, and emotion causing two men who love each other to fight; which neither can avoid because one is emo crazy and the other is stupid.

Though I realize this all crying over spilt milk at this point.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 07, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I would rather see some variety. Instead with the same thing over and over again. The key to the future of the universe is dudes and their mancrushes, which I find to be both sexist and boring.

I want something new.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for thematic consistency. But each time the situation has got to be different enough not to seem like recycled ideas. And that's exactly what all those relationships seem like to me. Four shades(very similar shades) of the same color. If he really wants to do all male bonding like this, at least make one of the couples gay; for varieties sake. Or have them jealously fighting over something or someone. Anything that isn't the same old crap. Duty, patriotism, and emotion causing two men who love each other to fight; which neither can avoid because one is emo crazy and the other is stupid.

Though I realize this all crying over spilt milk at this point.
    I see your point, but I believe it's better to leave a genre alone if you cannot write it well. Kishi-man said he isn't good at portraying women so this would have only made the manga worse. I shudder to think what it would have turned into, considering the mess it's now.

It is, as the manga is drawing to a close now. All we can do is cry.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's funny is the guy who writes the Rock Lee manga is Kishi's assistant and he has no problem with romance and has fun with it.

http://mangastream.com/read/rock_lee/32387355/1

The new chapter has:

ShikaTema
    InoCho
    LeeTen
    NejiHina
    NaruSaku
    NaruHina
    SaiSaku

and yamato x tree

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering when you we're going to link that siince it had your favorite couple in it.

Besides you're leaving out Chouji's harem.
    Yamato being a tree huigger.
    KibaAka
    and Shino and his little friend.
    And nothing for poor Kakashi.

New Reply
Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast