Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Romance & Society in Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Danzo was still running and they caught up to them. Isn't it a matter of common sense that not a lot of time had passed since they escaped?

Mizukage interfered, that mush is a certainty. Any decently intelligent individual would guess that the interference can extend beyond the meeting room.
    Again, as far as the situation was for Sasuke, Obito teleported him right in front of a ready Danzo after some unknown amount of time. So there's was nothing much to imply they could be caught up with by anyone else from the summit when there was nothing to suggest how close they even were to it. And last Sasuke saw, Obito had saved him from the Mizukage and Tsuchikage, so even their presences would be an unknown.

Point is, that there was literally no reason for Sasuke to believe that anyone would come alone to find Karin when he had literally no idea where he even was. It's not even as if it was snowing, hinting at they were around the summit. It was a whole different climate.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Again, as far as the situation was for Sasuke, Obito teleported him right in front of a ready Danzo after some unknown amount of time. So there's was nothing much to imply they could be caught up with by anyone else from the summit when there was nothing to suggest how close they even were to it. And last Sasuke saw, Obito had saved him from the Mizukage and Tsuchikage, so even their presences would be an unknown.

Point is, that there was literally no reason for Sasuke to believe that anyone would come alone to find Karin when he had literally no idea where he even was. It's not even as if it was snowing, hinting at they were around the summit. It was a whole different climate.
    I call it being cautious.

They possibly moved out of that area? Was it snowing in every nation at that time? If memory serves me correctly, I don't think so.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither Sasuke nor Obito are all that caution in the first place.

There was snow only in the samurai country, none in any other country we've seen, which is the point.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Which means they simply ran out of the Samurai strong hold, and people could still follow them?

Anyhow, I don't think we will agree on this.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It was snow all around the Land of Iron, so they were clearly quite a distances away from the summit, and thus being followed.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen many people bitch and moan about how long it takes Naruto to address Hinata's confession.
    Now look here, guys.
    Spoiler show

This clearly shows that the war hadn't been going on for a long time.

Yes, I know it's filler, but it's the only source of information.

Considering that Naruto was training to control Kurama, and even considering this 'yesterday' a metaphor... Yeah.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Hinata holding hands with Naruto was fine but it should have happened a long time ago and we both probably know that. Kishimoto had her declare her love for him before she got stabbed and hasn't mentioned it a single time since. She found her resolve, lost her resolve for no reason, then when Neji died repeated the whole thing over again by spewing horrendous romance novel dialogue("Oh, Naruto your hands are so big and manly!" *sound of me vomiting*) while literally standing over her cousin's still warm corpse no less. How romantic....

She went from....

A ---> B ---> A (only "A" was much more poorly written the second time around, IMO)
    Firstly, Naruto doesn't stay put. After the Pain Arc he proceeds to get the crap kicked out of him and runs off to the Kage Summit. He then returns for like 1 chapter to say only he can take on Sasuke then goes running off to Turtle Island and inspect genatalia. The next time Hinata and Naruto meet is on the battlefield. When were they going to have this meeting?

Secondly, Naruto wouldn't know what to do. He's an idiot in romance as he is in real life, he needs guidance to come to these realizations so Hinata would have to be the one to do this. There was never going to be a "Meet me behind the Ninja Academy at 3 pm so we can discuss what happened". This is shounen not slice-of-life manga. Haivng a romance realization on the battlefield is a tad cheesy, but considering this work as a whole that was all we're really going to get in terms of romance from this series. Maybe a few more setups in the ending chapter. Also, that's how the Naruto/Hinata romance works-by using small supportive gestures throughout the series, not bombastic declarations of love...except for that Pain part which was rather surprising.

Thirdly, Hinata is not a light switch. Once fipped "on" you don't stay "on" for the rest of your character. She had a moment of resolve, she was also on an adrenaline high. Her love interest was pinned to the ground and about to be taken away by the enemy to be killed. She surpassed her usual inhibitions due to extreme cicumstances and after the crisis passed returned to a state of normalcy. Were you upset that Hinata was crying after she found out that Naruto had defeated the final Pain or should she have jumped in unison with Lee declaring Naruto's awesomeness? Hinata is a character who gains confidence piecemeal and she is still growing. She's not a character who grows by leaps and bounds, she's not a Temari-clone, and most people wouldn't like it if she was.

Quote Quote:
    As for Sakura, in order to do something to piss me off Sakura would have to (by definition) do "something". Which would be a victory in and of itself.

As for how she reverted, to you remember the whole "I can't let Naruto handle everything by himself resolution" she made? You remember how that ended. With her saying "I'll believe in Naruto." in other words "Let him handle everything".

So she went from....

A ---> B ---> A
    But Sakura never followed through, she never made it to position B. Statements made in desperation by an overwhelmed Sakura are meaningless unless they're followed up by actions. People assume a character shift by someone uttering a simple statement, however, if there are no actions supporting said-character move, did their character really move at all? Sakura never followed through, so she never left spot A so it's impossible to revert to something if you never left it in the first place.

Quote Quote:
    Do you really think it's to much to ask? Some remorse for attempting to murder of somebody who loved and trusted him? Because if he can't figure out stabbing a comrade and leaving them to die is wrong, and isn't even noticeably bothered by it, then Kishimoto's characterization of him reveals him to be truly unworthy of redemption. And isn't he trying to make the case here that is something Sasuke is worthy of?
    It's not too much to ask but I think it's too early to ask. Remember, Sasuke did apologize to Karin. If it doesn't deal with the trauma that Itachi inflicted onto Sasuke, Sasuke rarely gets emotional about anything. So having him getting emotional over Karin maybe asking too much, but in the upcoming battle he may go out of his way to protect his comrades that he betrayed. Time will tell.

Quote Quote:
    And, of course, in creating that before mentioned horrible subtext about Karin's character; in her apparent acceptance of his lack of regard for her life.
    Karin came to terms with it. She was in a team where any member could kill you any second and realized that Sasuke was getting colder and colder, yet she stayed by his side. Was it Sasuke's personality or is it the Curse of the Uchiiha that made him do it? That doesn't exonerate from doing what he did, but gives Karin an avenue to come back, and she did after agonzing over it for a bit.

Quote Quote:
    Yes, they actually do need to go hand in hand. The two things are largely inseparable in fact because every story needs characters. And as characters live out a plot they live through various experiences and how these experiences effect them is the very core and nature of character development.

Expecting a plot go on without character development is like expecting a person go on after their heart stops beating. Best case you get a lifeless zombie. (HaHA double entendre!)
    Not at all. I've seen many series which had great plots but forgetable characters and have enjoyed many characters shows whose plots were atrocious. It depends on what you're in the mood for. Rarely do you get a series that does both well. Naruto started focusing solely on character development until the end of the chuunin exam. After that the major plot lines were started and characterization took a back seat. Naruto and Sasuke got developed but everyone else got tossed aside except for Itachi, Shikamaru, and Jiraya. Could have Kishi done more, yes, but within the plot storylines he developed there was not much space for secondary character development.
    Last edited by Brill; April 24, 2013 at 02:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Krina29's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, Karin ruined the whole chapter
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I like your sense of humour.
    Quote sigs are getting more and more mainstream.
    No way, a third quote would be creepy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the NaruHina and NaruSaku fandoms are anticipating something big now that Minato has arrived with Naruto and his two girls near him. They are waiting for zombie daddy to acknowledge one or the other. But I can't see anything happening other than the K11 finally learning that Minato is his father. It is not going to be like ..

Minato: So son, that is your girlfriend? She reminds me of your mother.
    Naruto: I was trying for her, but she's hung up on an Uchiha. Long story. I might have something now with that dark haired Hyuuga over there. We were on a volume cover holding hands!

And once Sasuke shows up, anything Naruto and Sakura have goes out the window and it becomes about their relationship with Sasuke.

As for side ships, it seems the ShikaIno bandwagon is filling up. Not surprising given how close they are and how they totally complement each other in jutsu and personality. And taking over the relationship of their fathers, but now with a boy/girl dynamic. It doesn't need romance. Characters have been hardcore OTP shipped for a lot less. But I laugh when some say that Choji is shipping them in that one panel where he smiles at them. And Kishi can't be done with Temari. Maybe Kishi just forgot to draw her in the background like he does with Sai? *is starting to come to the realization that Temari is less relevant than those two guys who guard the Konoha gates*
    Last edited by Jessie; May 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe she's on some other corner Kishimoto pretty much shipped NarutoXHinata by having them joining their hands in the Volume cover XD SasukeXSakura might be the next one LOL.Iam looking forward to see Naruto's and Sakura's reaction on seeing Sasuke once he comes to the battlefield.I do want to see how Kakashi would react,but he didn't really have great connection with Sasuke apart from giving him the blade to protect his friends (Chidori).I thought Kakashi and Sasuke could've had something like the relationship between Jiraya and Naruto but well it was Orochimaru T^T.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Minato said "So,....which one do you like now?" I'd laugh my ass off. but it's not going to happen. Minato's seen both but these upcoming chapters will be about battles not girlfriends. I realize both groups want more but there's no place for it. There could be something on Sakura and Sasuke when it's all over but that won't have anything to do with Minato. Same goes for Shikari and Shikaino, They've both been professional around Shikamaru but either one would work. Kishi has said he didn't want o put Shikamaru in any relationship and he won't most likely, considering what we've got left.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Neither Sasuke nor Obito are all that caution in the first place.

There was snow only in the samurai country, none in any other country we've seen, which is the point.
    It actually snowed in Wave Country and Kiri. Gaara's home was full of snow, and when he died there was snow as well.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True about the Wave country and Kiri, though their location is so far off it didn't affect the discussion. Don't recall Gaara's home being of snow though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Well the NaruHina and NaruSaku fandoms are anticipating something big now that Minato has arrived with Naruto and his two girls near him. They are waiting for zombie daddy to acknowledge one or the other. But I can't see anything happening other than the K11 finally learning that Minato is his father. It is not going to be like ..

Minato: So son, that is your girlfriend? She reminds me of your mother.
    Naruto: I was trying for her, but she's hung up on an Uchiha. Long story. I might have something now with that dark haired Hyuuga over there. We were on a volume cover holding hands!
    Ha! I was wrong and it nearly played out exactly like this. With Minato thinking Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend and saying she reminded him of Kushina. Then giving her the Minato Seal of Approval as Naruto's girl.

The only difference is that Naruto agreed with Minato that Sakura is his girlfriend and ignored Hinata. Basically wiping away any notion that he had romantic feelings for Hinata and once again reestablishing that his love interest is Sakura. Go figure.

Sakura was even somewhat calm seeing Sasuke again. I really don't know what Kishi is doing here. I was thought Kishi was totally behind NaruHina. But who knows now? Maybe he'll twist it again before the manga ends. It is funny to watch the fandoms freak out. tumblr went crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Kishi has said he didn't want o put Shikamaru in any relationship and he won't most likely, considering what we've got left.
    He said he didn't want to spend time writing a romance story for Shikamaru. Which he hasn't for any of the other kids. He also said Shikamaru would get a greater role as Naruto's confidant. Which didn't happen. You have to take what Kishi says in any interview, especially one from four years ago, with a grain of salt. Shikamaru is one of the few characters that has talked about getting married and having kids. So Kishi doesn't see him as gay or a bachelor for life.

At this point, it is not about relationships. It is about who gets with who in the end. If Naruto ends up with either Hinata or Sakura, neither will be developed well. Kishi is not comfortable writing romance for kids. But he likely has no problem showing who is starting the next generation with who at the end of the manga. This way he avoids having to write romance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Ha! I was wrong and it nearly played out exactly like this. With Minato thinking Sakura was Naruto's girlfriend and saying she reminded him of Kushina. Then giving her the Minato Seal of Approval as Naruto's girl.

The only difference is that Naruto agreed with Minato that Sakura is his girlfriend and ignored Hinata. Basically wiping away any notion that he had romantic feelings for Hinata and once again reestablishing that his love interest is Sakura. Go figure.

Sakura was even somewhat calm seeing Sasuke again. I really don't know what Kishi is doing here. I was thought Kishi was totally behind NaruHina. But who knows now? Maybe he'll twist it again before the manga ends. It is funny to watch the fandoms freak out. tumblr went crazy.
    I'm attributing it to Traumatic Brain Injury, or a really bad case of ADHD. But really, I'm just confused. Why hit the reset button at this point? Why reset the love square? I realize Kishi did this for comic relief but it's just silly at this point. Minato knew about Tobi and the death of Jiraiya, but he doesn't know who Sakura is or the multitude of times she decks Naruto for trying to make a pass at her?

As for Sakura's reaction to Sasuke it's genuine shock. which is totally plausible. Why would she expect to see him here of all places-at least she didn't turn into a blubbering idiot. That's one for her. Ino bolting straight to Sasuke shows that Ino Saku Sasu love triangle is alive and well. Once again 630 chapters and nothing going anywhere. Ah, the irony.

New Reply
Page 60 of 111 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast