Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1591

Thread: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

  1. #1546
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Can you provide link where Sasuke thinks or says this? I haven't seen Sasuke say anything about fighting Naruto because he thought Naruto was in the way of his vision of peace. Just another typical jumping to conclusion.
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639/18
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639/19

    There you go, I am not making stuff up. Sasuke really seemed keen on being the only one allowed to defeat Naruto at least until the Sage showed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    And funnily, it's better than how he was for the most part in Part I before he defected and before Itachi appeared.

    Best part? Naruto going along with Sasuke's plans means that Sasuke hasn't done or said anythin wrong or even has any negative intent. If Naruto wanted, he could not follow Sasuke if he disagreed.
    He has no ill intent but he doesn't care about other's either, being self-centered and being evil are two completely different things.

    If Sasuke is at his nicest point in the series and still cares nothing about Sakura and Kakashi it's because they really don't matter for whatever he has in store for the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I have some doubts, but there is an improvement to Sasuke. We both agree there are still problems though, like how he treats Sakura and Kakashi. Could be his idea of "tough love," but I hope it doesn't linger.
    I don't get what you mean by "though love" when he just plain doesn't care about them at all and openly calls on it.

    However, I do agree he needs to be more nice towards everyone else in general and his post-Itachi interactions with Taka and Orochimaru prove that he can be civil, respectful and even apologetic if the person at hand matters to him.

    Basically, Sasuke needs to care more about others than he currently does or else he will remain an ass to those around him whom he doesn't acknowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    No I am not. I am using the "omg character I don't like is self-centered and all the bad things because I don't like him!" logic, except that I don't dislike Naruto at all.
    Neither am I, Naruto's ideals are childish but they are altruistic in nature.

    It is a evolution he took through the entire series from wanting to be acknowledged by others, which was selfish, towards wanting to protect others at all costs even if they are a former enemy like Obito, which is an attitude that proves his selflessness even if not entirely rational and ill advised.

    You can't fail to acknowledge Naruto's development like that, his idealism kind of gets out of hand which gives Sasuke valid points such as murdering Obito was really the best solution and would have avoided this whole mess with Madara and Kaguya, however, his reasons are not personal and they are not for his own benefit either; sparing Pain and Obito really had nothing to offer him on the long run when he did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke isn't self-centered because he has not done anything that would benefit him. Getting revenge for the Uchiha would not have benefited him. Willing to die after killing Itachi would not have benefited him. Getting stronger would benefit Sasuke, but he has not sought revenge or the seat of hokage or whatever out of self-centered reasons.

    He is putting his close friends above humanity. He did it with the bijuu, and look at where that got everyone. Nearly everyone is under Infinite Tsukuyomi. Naruto was focusing on saving Sakura and Kakashi, who would be dead regardless if Naruto or Sasuke died. All because they're his friends, and he wants to be with his friends. That's more self-centered and just as self-serving as quests for vengeance.
    Spoiler show

    Again, I am not making stuff up, it's something the author himself acknowledges and made explicit so you can't really make a case for Sasuke not being self-centered.

    Naruto isn't putting his friends above humanity either:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/680/7
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/680/8

    He knows that Sasuke is right in that focusing on Kaguya is their duty, he just has heroic tendecies which he can't control.

    He isn't openly saying that he will protect just Sakura and Kakashi at the risk of losing everything else, he just protected them because he has a drive to protect people (typical hero syndrome of the shonen protagonist) and Sasuke knows how much trouble that can create to them.

    Your description doesn't match Naruto, it matches Obito. Obito is the one who took his friendship and love above everyone else and turned against the whole world by putting his personal happiness and relationships as a goal beyond reality itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What personal reasons? Wanting to protect others and establish peace for others? He could just as easily go hide under a rock or do something that could keep him safe and away from trouble instead of risking his life to save others. Far less self-centered than Naruto.
    As Kishimoto himself said, he is self-centered but that doesn't make him good or bad, he simply is pure.

    Sasuke is self-centered because his motivations and morals lie directly with his personal connections with his deceased loved ones and his goals are oriented towards a vision he wants to enact for personal reasons and not because he cares for others in general.

    That's why Itachi said a Hokage must be acknowledged first as a person instead of the person being acknowledged for becoming Hokage and it came to Naruto's mind the first time Sasuke mentioned his new goal.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Or, Naruto defends people because he wants to have friends and people to be with. As much as you can say Sasuke is self-centered because he wants to change the system and establish peace, I can say Naruto is self-centered because he wants to create an understanding and establish peace solely so he doesn't have to lose anyone else.
    You are taking things outside of their context again, trying to say a person who protects others and doesn't want to lose them is self-centered is like saying everyone in the universe is self-centered just so that Sasuke isn't. It's a falacity.

    This was disproven by how Naruto handled his post-Hinata speech fight against Obito.

    Naruto fought because Obito was trying to destroy everything he and everyone else believed in and even when his comrades were lost he kept on struggling because giving up would be a betrayal towards everyone who ever believed in him.

    He did things because other people believed in him to protect and lead them not just because of his personal desire to protect those dear to him, an aspect which is unavoidable.

    This is best shown by him saving Nagato and Obito, he had every personal reason to hate them guts but he put morals and the feelings of the enemy above his own and this speaks leagues about his selflessness.

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Or, I'm considering what Sakura wanted, and Sasuke doing what Sakura wanted. Again, there is no proof whatsoever that Sasuke was willing to cut through her (Sakura didn't care even if he was planning to cut through her because she was being the distraction to give Sasuke and Naruto opening). People are just making a big deal as another reason to hate Sasuke and label him evil even though Sakura herself made it clear what her intentions were.

    According to translations, she was more disappointed and upset at Sasuke not glancing at her. Given that she let herself be stabbed, it's a no brainer that she did not mind acting as a sacrifice, but she minded Sasuke not coddling her. Sakura has gotten extremely annoying and irritating ever since Infinite Tsukuyomi because instead of focusing on the enemy, she's focusing on Sasuke not sparing her a glance and trying to protect him and Naruto in order to save the world.
    There is a huge difference between "I will provide an opening!" and "Sasuke please use me as a meat vision shield to hit Madara".

    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/676/8

    This panel shows it that Sasuke had both his hands up to slash through Sakura and Madara whereas Naruto, who can sense feelings by the way, was abundantly distressed and in a hurry to get to Sakura before Sasuke which gives even more credence towards Sasuke's ruthless intentions.

    I know you are not a shipper, at least you made yourself clear on the subject, yet people will really misunderstand you if you try to make a case for Sasuke's ruthless brutality corresponding with Sakura's intentions.

    Sakura had no clue about what she was doing and I wholeheartedly agree that Sasuke can't take her serious when she jumps without planning out of her inferiority complex tendencies but as sure as hell she wasn't intending to be cut down like a pig's corpse just to lure Madara's attention.

    The entire scene focused on how Sasuke had no quarrels with gutting her and that she was really depressed to see how much he didn't care about her actions and well being so it is a no-brainer that Kishimoto wanted to get across that Sasuke no longer had any particular feeling towards her.

    Current Sasuke doesn't care neither about Sakura or Kakashi regarless of their insignificance before the salvation of humanity, if the war was already over he would probably turn his back on them and treat them as strangers he barely bumps on the street from time to time.
    Last edited by 1337 haxor; July 06, 2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

  2. #1547
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639/18
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639/19

    There you go, I am not making stuff up. Sasuke really seemed keen on being the only one allowed to defeat Naruto at least until the Sage showed up.
    You are interpreting it to your own views or what you want. Nothing states that Sasuke wanted to defeat Naruto, he only said something about deleting the past, which is ambiguous. This whole thing is left up to interpretation, it can go any which way. But I knew you were gonna use that.



    Quote Quote:
    He has no ill intent but he doesn't care about other's either, being self-centered and being evil are two completely different things.

    If Sasuke is at his nicest point in the series and still cares nothing about Sakura and Kakashi it's because they really don't matter for whatever he has in store for the future.
    That's not being self-centered, Sasuke isn't looking out for himself or being egotistical. I don't see how he doesn't care about others when he's actively risking his life to save others from the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

    Or, he is focusing on the bigger picture and knows if he or Naruto dies, Sakura and Kakashi are dead anyway. Sasuke isn't gonna risk the entire world for the lives of two people, which is why I'm gonna wait and see if Sasuke changes his behavior towards the two. Sasuke did go from treating Naruto harshly even few chapters ago to getting along with him and putting up with Naruto's odd plan without an insult.

    Long story short: wait and see before judging Sasuke. He hated Naruto, but he still was willing to sacrifice his life to save Naruto from Haku's needles. Sasuke found Sakura extremely annoying, but at the start of chuunin exam, he showed her respect and cared about her, which was evident when he woke up after Sound ninjas' assault and when Gaara had Sakura pinned to a tree with his sand hand.



    Quote Quote:
    I don't get what you mean by "though love" when he just plain doesn't care about them at all and openly calls on it.
    You do realize that if Naruto or Sasuke die trying to save Kakashi or Sakura, then Kakashi and Sakura are dead anyway, right? Notice how when Naruto was distracted and despite Sasuke keeping an eye on the enemy, Kaguya still attacked. I don't think anyone complaining about Sasuke's behavior really understands the fight - let up for one second and Kaguya could strike a killing blow. Even when they were on their guard, Kaguya managed to surprise them on more than one occasion, even managing to separate Sasuke from Naruto.


    Didn't Zabuza say he didn't care about Haku at all, but at the end confessed he did love Haku and care for him?

    Quote Quote:
    However, I do agree he needs to be more nice towards everyone else in general and his post-Itachi interactions with Taka and Orochimaru prove that he can be civil, respectful and even apologetic if the person at hand matters to him.
    But Minato didn't matter to him at all. Sasuke just had no reason to be a jerk toward teh hokage or to Naruto, but he's probably being a jerk to Kakashi and Sakura as a way to discourage them from interfering. Sakura tried to interfere to create an opening, but it didn't do a thing against Madara.

    Sasuke was disrespectful to Naruto even after Kaguya took over Madara's body, despite Naruto being the most important person for few chapters.

    Quote Quote:
    Basically, Sasuke needs to care more about others than he currently does or else he will remain an ass to those around him whom he doesn't acknowledge.
    For now, yes. But later, who knows. I'm pretty sure even if Sasuke doesn't completely stop being an ass, Naruto will somehow be able to change Sasuke for the better. Again.



    Quote Quote:
    It is a evolution he took through the entire series from wanting to be acknowledged by others, which was selfish, towards wanting to protect others at all costs even if they are a former enemy like Obito, which is an attitude that proves his selflessness even if not entirely rational and ill advised.

    You can't fail to acknowledge Naruto's development like that, his idealism kind of gets out of hand which gives Sasuke valid points such as murdering Obito was really the best solution and would have avoided this whole mess with Madara and Kaguya, however, his reasons are not personal and they are not for his own benefit either; sparing Pain and Obito really had nothing to offer him on the long run when he did it.
    Or, Naruto did it because he wanted to feel right, that he was a good person achieving what Jiraiya wanted. He seems to be more keen on protecting people that are close to him or people he knows over the people that he doesn't know. Naruto could be trying to protect and save others because he wants to be surrounded by friends, and he could be wanting to create peace because he wants to make Jiraiya proud of him. Naruto did say he didn't understand what Jiraiya was talking about, he just wanted Jiraiya to be proud of him or something.

    What if Nagato was spared because Naruto didn't want Jiraiya to be disappointed in him? What if Obito was spared because Naruto thought Obito would keep him safe? My point is, if you can call Sasuke self-centered, I can call Naruto self-centered as well. Purely because we can interpret their actions. I don't think Sasuke is self-centered anymore, and Naruto hasn't been self-centered for plenty of arcs.



    Quote Quote:
    Spoiler show

    Again, I am not making stuff up, it's something the author himself acknowledges and made explicit so you can't really make a case for Sasuke not being self-centered.
    I don't trust interviews, and it seems Kishi was talking about Sasuke's quest for vengeance, to which I have said that made Sasuke self-centered, which was at its most obvious and apparent when Sasuke said he'd crush Konoha.

    Quote Quote:
    Naruto isn't putting his friends above humanity either:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/680/7
    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/680/8

    He knows that Sasuke is right in that focusing on Kaguya is their duty, he just has heroic tendecies which he can't control.

    He isn't openly saying that he will protect just Sakura and Kakashi at the risk of losing everything else, he just protected them because he has a drive to protect people (typical hero syndrome of the shonen protagonist) and Sasuke knows how much trouble that can create to them.

    You description doesn't match Naruto, it matches Obito. Obito is the one who took his friendship and love above everyone else and turned against the whole world by putting his personal happiness and relationships as a goal beyond reality itself.
    He didn't put more of an effort in killing bijuu or keeping them out of enemies' hands just because they were his friends, even though the bijuu could regenerate and would have been happy that they didn't become part of the Juubi. Naruto is risking his life for two friends when he should be focusing on surviving and beating Kaguya/Madara, as without him or Sasuke the world is doomed.

    Minus the whole turning to evil thing, it does match Naruto. Naruto isn't doing what's right in this fight (if Kaguya and Madara weren't as overpowered, Sasuke would be so totally in the wrong here), he shouldn't be focusing on protecting Sakura and Kakashi unless he can keep himself safe.



    Quote Quote:
    As Kishimoto himself said, he is self-centered but that doesn't make him good or bad, he simply is pure.

    Sasuke is self-centered because his motivations and morals lie directly with his personal connections with his deceased loved ones and his goals are oriented towards a vision he wants to enact for personal reasons and not because he cares for others in general.

    That's why Itachi said a Hokage must be acknowledged first as a person instead of the person being acknowledged for becoming Hokage and it came to Naruto's mind the first time Sasuke mentioned his new goal.
    That's not self-centered, that's putting others before himself. Sasuke is fighting to protect others, not himself. He's risking his life to protect others, not himself. That's the opposite of self-centered. He went from being self-centered to unknown, as Sasuke could go back to being self-centered after this war as he implied when he joined the fight. If he tries to become the hokage regardless of what others say or want, or however he implied or said it for a while after joining the fight, then yeah, he's back to being self-centered.



    Quote Quote:
    You are taking things outside of their context again, trying to say a person who protects others and doesn't want to lose them is self-centered is like saying everyone in the universe is self-centered just so that Sasuke isn't. It's a falacity.
    So, Naruto trying to protect others and not wanting to lose them because he doesn't want to feel alone is self-centered? If Naruto prioritizes the lives of his friends over the lives of others, that's not self-centered? If Naruto is hypothetically willing to protect HInata over a random fodder just because he knows her, although she could defend herself while the fodder can't, that isn't self-centered?

    Quote Quote:
    There is a huge difference between "I will provide an opening!" and "Sasuke please use me as a meat vision shield to hit Madara".

    http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/676/8

    This panel shows it that Sasuke had both his hands up to slash through Sakura and Madara whereas Naruto, who can sense feelings by the way, was abundantly distressed and in a hurry to get to Sakura before Sasuke which gives even more credence towards Sasuke's ruthless intentions.
    There is not. Sakura jumped in and let herself be stabbed (or put herself in harm's way, anyway), obviously she doesn't care about being cut through as long as it's not a killing strike. She didn't even care about that, she was crying more about Sasuke not looking at her. I saw the page, and nothing says Sasuke was gonna cut through Sakura. It said he either would, or he would have moved his sword to avoid hitting Sakura.

    Read the page again. It had nothing to do with Sasuke. Remember that Naruto can sense, and he sensed Limbo Madara about to attack Sakura, which is why he jumped in and saved her. See the drawing and sound effect that implies Naruto and Sasuke defended themselves. It gives absolutely no credence towards Sasuke's ruthless intentions.

    Quote Quote:
    I know you are not a shipper, at least you made yourself clear on the subject, yet people will really misunderstand you if you try to make a case for Sasuke's ruthless brutality corresponding with Sakura's intentions.
    I don't see any brutality on his side, just him being a jerk. As I said, I'm waiting before I judge Sasuke. Let's see how he is after teh war when there's no pressure or weight of the world on his shoulders or Naruto's. Will Sasuke go back to being self-centered? Will he still treat Sakura badly while treating Karin well? Will he become a better person and show his interest in Sakura? There's no telling, and nothing has said he's bad or definitely good, other than the Sage entrusting him with power. Sasuke is ambiguous since you can say his attitude towards Kakashi and Sakura aren't him being in any way bad, but him focusing on the bigger picture. You can also say that Sasuke could just as easily go back to being self-centered and trying in any way to become hokage, even if it includes killing Naruto like he may have implied.

    Quote Quote:
    Sakura had no clue about what she was doing and I wholeheartedly agree that Sasuke can't take her serious when she jumps without planning out of her inferiority complex tendencies but as sure as hell she wasn't intending to be cut down like a pig's corpse just to lure Madara's attention.

    The entire scene focused on how Sasuke had no quarrels with gutting her and that she was really depressed to see how much he didn't care about her actions and well being so it is a no-brainer that Kishimoto wanted to get across that Sasuke no longer had any particular feeling towards her.
    But she was intending for Madara to be focused on her so he wouldn't focus on Sasuke or Naruto until it was too late. Again, you have no proof that Sasuke was planning on gutting her, as he easily could have moved his sword upward to avoid Sakura and hit Madara instead. Even if he was going to cut through Sakura, I doubt Sakura would have minded so much because she did volunteer to be the decoy, and didn't Sasuke know about her ability to heal from any injury she gets?

    Maybe it was Kishi's attempt, maybe it wasn't. There's no proof that Sasuke no longer had any feelings. As I said, Sasuke's focused on saving teh world, not saving two people. Sakura was being an annoying whiny idiot that she was in Part I just because Sasuke wouldn't look at her out of concern and was focused on the enemy so the enemy wouldn't take any of them by surprise. The only way Kishi will get across the point that Sasuke has no feelings for Sakura is after the war.

    Quote Quote:
    Current Sasuke doesn't care neither about Sakura or Kakashi regarless of their insignificance before the salvation of humanity, if the war was already over he would probably turn his back on them and treat them as strangers he barely bumps on the street from time to time.
    An assumption with no basis.

  3. #1548
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool Well...

    MJ3, your points are completely outside the logic of this manga, you have a worrisome tendency to subvert events outside of context and deny the obvious, even from official sources, when they don't suit your bizarre view of Sasuke in leather pants.

    Before pointlessly trying to call me out on attacking you instead of your argument you should consider taking my words seriously and re-reading the entire manga without any preconceptions towards Naruto or Sasuke because as for now you are reading a completely different franchise than me.

    Let me elaborate:

    Spoiler show
    Last edited by 1337 haxor; July 07, 2014 at 05:13 AM.
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #1549
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Incorrect. Major incidents and minor incidents can lead to romantic development. Case in point, Naruto telling Hinata he likes girls like her. It was said in response to Naruto thanking Hinata for helping him get the courage to go to the chuunin finals. Now there wasn't a ton of fanfare done during this exchange but that sequence put Hinata on the radar screen. You overlook it but it was a significant development. So yeah, you need to take the blinders off and see what story offers and now what you think it offers due to your own biases.



    Hinata watches Naruto because Naruto's character and work ethic inspires Hinata to battle her own low self-esteem and poor abilities. Hinata's adoration for Naruto turns into something else down the road. Karin just wants to get into Sasuke's pants. Hinata wants o be interact with and be beside Naruto but lacked the confidence to do so earlier. A little purer than Karin's motives. All Karin did was avoid being killed during the chunnin exam thanks to Sasuke. You think that was better than Hinata's performance during the exam?



    Then don't claim to know what moe`is if you can't identify it. You don't like Hinata. We get that. However, there are people who can recognize what Kishi is trying to tap into. Successfully or not is clearly a debatable point.



    Funny, wasn't that your argument for Sakura? You just invalidated your own argument. How much time you spend together is irrelevant, it's what happens between the two during that time is what matters. The fact is that there is more relationship development that occurs between Hinata and Naruto and none between Naruto and Sakura.



    Sure, after Hinata confirms to the others that Naruto isn't a doppleganger, Naruto consoles Hinata after she chastised herself for her perceived weaknesses. No one else saw it, but Naruto did and helped her through it. Then Hinata returns the favor after snapping his shoulder back in place and helping him confront and deal with the loss of Neji and the others. Naruto finally recognizes the support she's been offering this whole time. Now these aren't earth-shattering, boisterous love-declaring actions of two cliche lovers. NaruHina has always been a subtle relationship, not causing waves. But that's the way Kishi has intended it to be. Kishi could have written Hinata off like he did Ino in Part 1 but he doesn't. Why? Why have Hinata be the one to confront Pain? Why not Sakura? Hell you could have replaced Sakura for Hinata as the girl who is consoled by Naruto or the girl who snaps Naruto out of his despair when Neji died. But Kishi doesn't do that. He keeps Hinata active even though she's a lowly secondary character. Unless...Kishi doesn't plan on her being a lowly secondary character.

    Did Naruto drop everything to look for Sakura as Pain attacked the village? Didn't even waste a single panel over her, but you invoke that as a reason to invalidate NaruHina? Face it, Naruto doesn't leave the battlefield to chase after girls who might be in danger.



    Since Naruto knows that Sakura doesn't love him and that Sakura still loves Sasuke, it's not surprising that Naruto would be upset at what Sasuke did to Sakura. Of course this has nothing to do with Naruto and Sakura becoming at item. You can throw as many smoke and mirrors as you like and I can blow away and break every one of them, because I know you've got nothing. If you did, you'd actually show where Naruto and Sakura are developing a romance between themselves. But you can't since there's nothing in the manga that supports it. Hinata and Naruto are developing the foundation of that romance. They aren't there yet but at least Kishi puts in some effort for that pairing. Now Kishi could always change his mind and put Naruto up with someone else, but Kishi doesn't waste material. Kishi has Naruto and Hinata engaging with each other far past the point where all secondary characters were written off in this series. He has plans for them and I don't think they're going to form a new battlegroup together.
    This is all a pile of nothing. Get back to me, when Naruto actually acknowledges her. Then you have something.

  6. #1550
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    MJ3, your points are completely outside the logic of this manga, you have a worrisome tendency to subvert events outside of context and deny the obvious, even from official sources, when they don't suit your bizarre view of Sasuke in leather pants.

    Before pointlessly trying to call me out on attacking you instead of your argument you should consider taking my words seriously and re-reading the entire manga without any preconceptions towards Naruto or Sasuke because as for now you are reading a completely different franchise than me.

    Let me elaborate:

    Spoiler show
    the words naruto and logic should never be in the same sentence together

    i like the sound of MJ3 i think its much more catchy than M3J

    but i expect this thread to be gushing with sasuxsaku shippers after this weeks chapter

  7. #1551
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    This is all a pile of nothing. Get back to me, when Naruto actually acknowledges her. Then you have something.
    Naruto acknowledging Hinata Any other inane requests or do you still plan to keep your head in the ground?
    Last edited by Brill; July 15, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

  8. #1552
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Naruto acknowledging Hinata Any other inane requests or do you still plan to keep you head in the ground?
    But does Naruto thank her for being a friend by his side or something more?

  9. #1553
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Naruto acknowledging Hinata Any other inane requests or do you still plan to keep you head in the ground?
    i think the scene when naruto first showed up and saved hina from the white zetsu is more of an acknowledgement , as was his bursting into kyuubi mode against pain

    but all three moments are famous for naruxhina shippers

  10. #1554
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonKing888 View Post
    But does Naruto thank her for being a friend by his side or something more?
    Granted, it's not a smoking gun. But Kishi will probably never provide us with one until the very last chapter. Look at today's chapter, probably the most provocative thing to date and we can't talk about it for 24 hours. But that is the frustration with Kishi, he always drives up to the chapel but never walks up to the altar. You don't know if it's incompetence, trolling, or character defects.
    Last edited by Brill; July 15, 2014 at 01:45 PM.

  11. #1555
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 haxor View Post
    MJ3, your points are completely outside the logic of this manga, you have a worrisome tendency to subvert events outside of context and deny the obvious, even from official sources, when they don't suit your bizarre view of Sasuke in leather pants.

    Before pointlessly trying to call me out on attacking you instead of your argument you should consider taking my words seriously and re-reading the entire manga without any preconceptions towards Naruto or Sasuke because as for now you are reading a completely different franchise than me.
    Attacking me for having "points out of the logic of this manga" or "subverting events" doesn't draw attention away from your own biased arguments and twisting of manga. "Sasuke in leather pants?" What?

    How can I not have preconceptions towards Naruto when he's the reason I got into this manga? I could not care less about Sasuke, I am defending him without bias. If there was bias, I would be attacking him and making up stuff about him, like most members here seem to do.

    However, I am interested to see the argument against Sasuke after this chapter. His behavior was the opposite of members say.

  12. #1556
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Country
    England
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Can't believe I used to debate this this, need to find the old thread to see wtf my pairing was and see how right or wrong I was

    My first post in the old thread:

    July 03, 2009 02:18 AM

    Quote Quote:
    Guys, it's SasuSaku. It's practically written on the table.

    Even though I don't mind whichever Sakura goes to but at the end, we will see pink haired Uchihas rather then pink haired Uzumakis.
    Fuck yeah.
    Last edited by Weapon_X; July 15, 2014 at 06:03 PM.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

  13. #1557
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Attacking me for having "points out of the logic of this manga" or "subverting events" doesn't draw attention away from your own biased arguments and twisting of manga. "Sasuke in leather pants?" What?

    How can I not have preconceptions towards Naruto when he's the reason I got into this manga? I could not care less about Sasuke, I am defending him without bias. If there was bias, I would be attacking him and making up stuff about him, like most members here seem to do.

    However, I am interested to see the argument against Sasuke after this chapter. His behavior was the opposite of members say.

    If you was lost on a deserted island, and the only person who saved you was a guy you hated with all your guts I'm sure you'd be grateful too. I'm not holding my breath till that next CH because kishimoto could pull a 180 and make Sasuke say some Jerk ungrateful line. If he thanks them and apologizes to Sakura then I'll agree that you was right.

    But Kishimoto is wishy washy with the pairing anything can go till we get a kiss or some mutual feelings of love from a pairing.

    But I do think this Chapter should make Sasuke change his view point and understanding that he does need others help. I'm just happy he didn't teleport Sakura in his place, what if she didn't take her jacket off what would he of switch places with?

  14. #1558
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Why would he apologize to Sakura? If anything, she only should get an apology from the attempts on her life. I'm pretty sure Sasuke as who he was wouldn't have thanked Sakura or caught her anyway. So yeah, proof enough for me that he's changing. I'm sure Sasuke caught Sakura because his life or Naruto's was not in danger, but again, that doesn't make him bad.

    Mutual feelings of love in Sasuke and Sakura's place. This chapter just hinted that Sasuke might love Sakura, but it did establish Sasuke does care about Sakura. No amount of arguing can change that, only the manga can. At this point, it's pretty much the same as Sakura and Naruto, but where Sakura confirmed she did not love Naruto (at least the way she loves Sasuke), Sasuke has not said anything yet. There's a pretty good chance that Sasuke can deeply care for Sakura but be interested in Karin.

    Sasuke will probably understand that, if he was told about Ashura and Indra. I'm sure Sasuke would have switched places with Tobi, not Sakura, although I'm not sure if his ability requires switching anyway.

  15. #1559
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DemonKing888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why would he apologize to Sakura? If anything, she only should get an apology from the attempts on her life. I'm pretty sure Sasuke as who he was wouldn't have thanked Sakura or caught her anyway. So yeah, proof enough for me that he's changing. I'm sure Sasuke caught Sakura because his life or Naruto's was not in danger, but again, that doesn't make him bad.

    Mutual feelings of love in Sasuke and Sakura's place. This chapter just hinted that Sasuke might love Sakura, but it did establish Sasuke does care about Sakura. No amount of arguing can change that, only the manga can. At this point, it's pretty much the same as Sakura and Naruto, but where Sakura confirmed she did not love Naruto (at least the way she loves Sasuke), Sasuke has not said anything yet. There's a pretty good chance that Sasuke can deeply care for Sakura but be interested in Karin.

    Sasuke will probably understand that, if he was told about Ashura and Indra. I'm sure Sasuke would have switched places with Tobi, not Sakura, although I'm not sure if his ability requires switching anyway.
    Yes he's powers require him to which places with another object, which makes Obito and Sakura very very lucky for that jacket. I don't think Sasuke would leave one of them to die for the hell of it, but what if he had too would he?

    But on the romance side of things, If Sasuke did take Sakura's feelings that would leave a heart broken Naruto and Karin. While Naruto could just go for his second prize Hinata, Karin has noting to fall back on. If Sakura went for Naruto then it's Hinata who has noting. It's crazy to see how Kishimoto will end this manga.

  16. #1560
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Romance & Society in Naruto <3

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonKing888 View Post
    Yes he's powers require him to which places with another object, which makes Obito and Sakura very very lucky for that jacket. I don't think Sasuke would leave one of them to die for the hell of it, but what if he had too would he?

    But on the romance side of things, If Sasuke did take Sakura's feelings that would leave a heart broken Naruto and Karin. While Naruto could just go for his second prize Hinata, Karin has noting to fall back on. If Sakura went for Naruto then it's Hinata who has noting. It's crazy to see how Kishimoto will end this manga.
    Just a big orgy could save things now...

    Edit: Oh, of course, Rule 34.
    Last edited by 0Xellos; July 18, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
    Erfworld

    Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts