Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Spartacus

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spartacus

Spartacus was an ok series, nothing really new other than gore and over the top effects. It was watchable, I was mostly interested in Andy's character though. So the prequel I didn't bother and since he isn't coming for season 2 I doubt I'll watch it.

News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nuts Re: Spartacus

Starz has finally released the full Spartacus: Vengeance trailer. OMG...Liam McIntyre (the new Sparatcus) almost resembles Andy Whitefield (old Spartacus) as a brother. He's just not as buff and doesn't have that same emotional voice, but seeing the action in the trailer, he looks really capable of doing a good job as Spartacus. He's got balls of steel for manning up to the plate in taking the hardest role EVER, after Andy's amazing performance as Spartacus. They're incredibly hard shoes to fill and he was hired out of necessity due to Andy's recurrent condition! Can't believe we have to wait 5 whole months to see this!

If you see the new Spartacus doing this DORITOS commercial, you'd probably quote Batiatus (from Spartacus) by saying, "Once again, the gods spread cheeks to ram cock in fucking ass!" I have some high expectations for this new Spartacus, he either better be just as good as Andy or better otherwise; Because if he sucks, I won't be able to get into it like last time despite all the other good characters.

Lucretia: You should have said word you were coming?
    Asahina: You should have said word you were ALIVE!!!

Anyways, I know this is random but...
    QUINTUS BATIATUS, YOU WILL BE MISSED FOREVER!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Global Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member c_k's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Thanks for the link to the trailer~~ Didn't know it was out. It really looks good. He indeed looks very similar to the original Spartacus. I, too, will miss Andy's deeper voice and acting and hope that he acts as well as the original, although I might still continue watching the show as long as the storyline is good. I didn't know how they would continue the series with the finale, but the trailer certainly makes the series look worth waiting for. But yeah, 5 months until it'll presumably restart on January 2012... so long...

Yeah, Batiatus was an interesting character and I'm sad he's gone, but I'm glad Lucretia will be back. I think it was presumed that she would be still alive since I think Crixus only stabbed her in the stomach, while Batiatus had his throat sliced open (I think - sorry for my bad memory if I'm wrong; it's been a while). I'll definitely look forward to seeing more Lucretia and the havoc she'll soon make~~

As for the ad for Doritos... I'm just speechless. That ad is just plain bad. I'm glad I didn't see it before the trailer or my expectations for the show just went down the drain..

NJT: "Bullet points are a turn on, just like breasts"

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahahhah fcking brilliant commercial!

Can't wait for the next season of Spartacus! Obviously Andy is a great loss but it's going to be interesting to see how the show develops with Liam as Spartacus.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Asahina's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spartacus star Andy Whitfield, 39, dies of cancer in Sydney

Quote Quote:
    ANDY Whitfield, the 39-year-old star of the US cable series
    Spartacus: Blood and Sand, has lost his battle with cancer.

Spoiler show

original source
    Can you believe this shit? I can't! Seriously, wtf just happened? Why is GOD so damn cruel?
    Damn it, just damn it. He's dead, and gone forever. DAMN!!!!!!! I want to curse so hard but I know it isn't good to do that on these forums.

I just found out about this news 5 min ago.. so my "surprised anger" is still in me.
    I was expecting him to be enrolled in other future TV shows or movies.
    But now, not only did he leave his role as Spartacus, but he also left his role as a living being.
    I will never forget you ANDY!!!! Andy has been involved in a "sinful" TV series. I hope he doesn't burn in hell....
    I will pray that ANDY WHITFIELD enters the gates of Heaven. He deserves that much from a fan of me.

Shit! I punched a brick and my hand hurts right now. But I don't care. I'll ignore it until the pain fades away.
    Last edited by Asahina; September 12, 2011 at 07:28 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I just marathon'd the first season for the hell of it and I'm pretty impressed. I had seen bits of it and the prequel in passing and thought it to be way over the top. There were some things that annoyed me, but overall I think the story is really strong and await season two in January.

Obviously recasting the main role is a really tough thing to do, I really don't know if the new guy has the gravitas Andy Whitfield had...just wow, what an acting job that guy did. Reminds me of a Steve McQueen-type of actor...the face does the acting, not so much the words. It's a near impossible task to replace that guy in my opinion, and I really hope his replacement does a good job...don't know if I'm hopeful though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2