Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko Anime Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Anime Discussion Thread

gotta say that it's very bad revenue.

First two days revenues of JUMP movies from 2012 to 2013
    • Gintama 280 million yen
    • Naruto 300
    • Hunter Hunter 457
    • One Piece 1372
    • Toriko 55

Combined with TV viewing rate that I showed, it's no surprise if Toriko anime is cancelled within a year.
    Don't worry about the manga. It's doing well.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, compared to those, i guess it seems bad, but again, there are some factors:

- gintama, naruto, HxH, OP are all really famous, and their manga sales (except gintama) are way higher than toriko's. gintama has been running for many years before toriko.

- it's said that these days, the weather is bad in japan, and the theater visits are less than usual (i bet it'll be harder for kids too)

I know i'm trying to be optimistic by thinking the maximum they'd do is to just stop making movies for toriko, but i doubt they'd cancel the whole anime because of the tv rating, cause the rating has been 'around' the range it's currently at since a year or so, no? And plus, comparing it to Kai or OP is really gonna be tough on any series ever. I think we should wait like a month or so to see how it'll do. And i heard the DVDs aren't selling good, and that's been since the anime started, which should be a bigger reason to cancel the anime, but it's in its 3rd year now. Maybe the merchandise is selling really well,,, maybe other factors,,, no idea. i just hope it continues

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they'll stop the anime. The anime is basically the best merchandise/advertisement for the manga. And i wouldn't mind if they took their time with the anime / cancelled it for a period of time, because those Bubble Fruit episodes were animated awfully!

I don't get it. There are so many disturbing Toriko art out there (made by female fans i guess) yet these results... I can partly understand the low anime ratings, but since the manga is popular and the new movie is interesting it doesn't make sense for it to be failing so hard.

Have you ever considered the fact that due to the production of the anime Shima might limit his imagination/violence factor? I mean would he say to himself "This won't look good in the anime" or "This is too violent for the anime" and thus change what he had initially planned?
    Last edited by Freezer; August 01, 2013 at 12:45 AM.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freezer View Post
    I don't think they'll stop the anime. The anime is basically the best merchandise/advertisement for the manga. And i wouldn't mind if they took their time with the anime / cancelled it for a period of time, because those Bubble Fruit episodes were animated awfully!

I don't get it. There are so many disturbing Toriko art out there (made by female fans i guess) yet these results... I can partly understand the low anime ratings, but since the manga is popular and the new movie is interesting it doesn't make sense for it to be failing so hard.

Have you ever considered the fact that due to the production of the anime Shima might limit his imagination/violence factor? I mean would he say to himself "This won't look good in the anime" or "This is too violent for the anime" and thus change what he had initially planned?
    Actually, the rating is considered really good compared to other series.
    And I really doubt shima would limit the violence, seeing how he did the last fight.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Toriko's viewing rate is not-too-bad is mainly because of the airtime and the TV station. Toriko succeeded to the airtime of DB kai and is followed by One Piece. Sunday 9:00 am is a very good time for kids and teens to watch. The TV station, Fuji TV, is the most popular TV station in Japan.
    "Gegege no Kitarou" had been aired before DB kai started. Its rating was almost double of Toriko. Considering these facts, it's hard to say that Toriko's performance is ok.
    I have to add that the rating of old-time Naruto and Hunter Hunter was much higher than Toriko of these days.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, but it's still considered really really popular, being in the top 10 every week. Thing is, people tend to compare toriko in terms of sales, views, etc... to other TOEI shows, which of course will make it seem poor, but right now, toriko is being viewed more (kanto region) than the new HxH, naruto, and others.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

is toriko episode 116 postponed?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup... Unfortunately...

I'm not giving any spoilers, but just in case you're as picky as i am as far as spoiling stuff goes:

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In the manga, the introduction of the four beast main body was terrifying when you could see it underground with the subways of people. The anime did not capture that whatsoever lol, it's a bit too vine-like.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member milek's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

they are going at fast tempo in anime. we got like6,7 filter episodes so far.

dont know what are they thinking about this.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest 117 scared the shit out of me! I mean come on, those beasts were fuckd up real bad and all of a sudden - bam and they went underground. Invaitdeath was particularly scary.

Did you guys notice that in the manga Sani was attacking and reflecting his own attack without the use of his intimidation? In the anime they showed his Intimidation doing the attack.

Isn't this good? I'd rather they don't put filler episodes and mess up characters' personalities. They can always stop the anime for some time and then resume.

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

The Movie's OST: http://www.mediafire.com/?cd5j7f482nc1rpr

Has some nice themes, but all completely new.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

We owe you :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit that I don't keep up with the anime even though I had planned to, but I did look into the four beast arc so far...and overall I don't feel like things are captured in the anime as well as they are in the manga. And this goes for a lot of things in the anime. And:

Spoiler show

Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

u saw this guys?

I'm seeing BLOOD at 00:05 and 00:06. Is that a dream?

New Reply
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast