Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Toriko Anime Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Anime Discussion Thread

It's interesting to see some opinions if those who read Toriko like Toriko's anime.
    For me the last episodes (Century Soup Arc) are ok, but not more than 7-8 of 10.
    The next episode should be all-out fight between Toriko and Tmmyrod and also Match and Tokimaru against those two Bishokukai Branch Chefs

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

What the hell?
    In episode 30 at 18:39 Bogeyuz´s weight actually turned into his hand!
    How can they make such a mistake?

But I must say, the animation of Bogeyuz´s movements was really good!
    Last edited by Lyn685; October 30, 2011 at 05:37 AM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The last episode was quite good. The animation, the fights and manga adaption. I would give 7-8 out of 10.
    Toriko was as badass as always, but Match and Takimaru were also quite good. Also Teppei was good.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kusanagi_k's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

(just my opinions) I think the Century soup arc is where Toriko starts to show its dark side(mostly thanks to Tommi haha). That said, the Anime version looks like its gonna keep staying true to its "Sunday morning, cartoons for kids" format, which doesnt always stay true to the manga feel/style.
    Well..i think One piece also had its start like this didnt it..and we all know how that turned out Ideally, with all the amazing food and monsters and locations and fighters, Madhouse should do Toriko(imagine Honey prison arc...mmm)

Id also like to see a slightly less upbeat new OP as well. Anybody heard any news on that?

---------- Post added November 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was November 04, 2011 at 04:43 AM ----------

i take some of that back- the animation is getting better by the episode. 34 episodes!! where's a 2nd OP...
    Last edited by kusanagi_k; November 03, 2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: some browser problem

Omaeda: Boo-yah!

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko episode 34:

http://www.animeseason.com/toriko-2011-episode-34/

Actually the episode was good, even though we didn't get it the same way it was in manga, but still it was quite epic. Especially I liked the moment, when Toriko smashed Tommy's face with 13 Ren Kugi Punch. Also Teppei's entrance in the end was quite decent.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet Another Anime Update}}}

35 RAW's out – Looks incredible now O_o Srsly, when Teppei said
    "何て成長のスピードだ…!!"

i LOL'd & thought he might be talking about the ANIMATION

And err.. his ネイル注射 & stuff looks so..delicate
    compared to Yosaku's 「気付けショック!!」

...No one except Jorge-san and me watching the anime huh..?

Man...it's gonna take forever to reach the
    Spoiler show
    and a real
    Spoiler show

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes the anime is quite far from plenty of interesting events, but I'm still enjoying it. Even though they mesed a bit with the characters. Like Coco coming to Ice Hell and Rin coming to Yosaku to demand to heal Toriko. But still Toriko's anime is quite good. Of course it's not on Big Three level, but it's defenitly somewhere along with Reborn, Fairy Tail and Beelzebub anime.

Also I really like Teppei and Yosaku in anime.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... because I just caught up to the manga.. Maybe I'll join the both of you
    is it worth it? Is the reporter an annoyance?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that the anime is quite good, but I would agree and say that that reporter is a bit of annoyance, but still she doesn't chage anything, because it looks like she is just for fun there.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that really annoys me about the reporter is the constant "scoop" and "(milli)gram" statements. For some reason it just annoys me, but other than that she's okay for me. Toriko really lacks female presences so it's okay to have one around.

The only bad part about the anime for me personally is basically those statements as well as the major factor of absolutely no blood being shown. It really doesn't give the story and actual manga content justice when they "child it down" as much as they do. The worst parts are when it makes no sense to not show the blood. In most cases it's okay as the blood is just minor wounds (but still significant as it adds realism to the story and badass level, for example it gives you a more correct understanding of how much damage Toriko is taking), but in the cases where a character is close to death or receives a major/fatal wound, it's just ridiculous to child it down like they do. At some point I was majorly confused because a character was close to death and I didn't understand why that character was even close to dying because no visible wounds were shown.

In the end, I found the best approach would be to read the manga simultaneously with the anime, but only when there's major fights. This gave me a correct understanding of the fight's level and seriousness. But that's only necessary when you haven't read the manga content beforehand, like I hadn't.

Apart from that the anime is superb in my opinion, and really gives justice to the manga, hence why I only recommend reading the fights while watching the anime (if you haven't read the manga before). The music, the art, the overall feeling the anime gives off when you watch it, and last but certainly not least, the voice actors are fantastic (especially Toriko, Byakuya lol). I would highly recommend it.

13. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I have caught up to the manga after I finished episode 38. But I have to say the blood in Yosaku's room looked ridiculous. I mean it was like a pattern on the floor but NOT blood...

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all of you but I do want to stress that Toriko anime episodes are being broadcast on Sunday mornings. During that period, the anime receives most viewing ratings from children. It is quite normal that things are being censored. I think that you should blame the TV station for giving Toriko a children time slot. If Toriko would have gotten a weekday evening time slot like Bleach and Naruto then I think it wouldn't have been censored to that degree. The censoring is definitely annoying but I always enjoy manga more than anime tbh.

Nuno has summarized it pretty well. If you make an abstraction of the censoring part then I also conclude the anime being superb. It keeps a nice pace and the animation is definitely good. Tina isn't an annoyance as long as she doesn't play a too important role. I was only disappointed due to her active input in the jewel meat arc.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    I agree with all of you but I do want to stress that Toriko anime episodes are being broadcast on Sunday mornings. During that period, the anime receives most viewing ratings from children. It is quite normal that things are being censored. I think that you should blame the TV station for giving Toriko a children time slot. If Toriko would have gotten a weekday evening time slot like Bleach and Naruto then I think it wouldn't have been censored to that degree. The censoring is definitely annoying but I always enjoy manga more than anime tbh..
    But One Piece and Hunter x Hunter are also being broadcast on Sunday mornings an they aren't so censored.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko is most similar to One Piece, I think
    The humour almost always makes me laugh out loud, & the serious bits almost always make me think deeply...

I think the number of females can be counted on just 2 hands?
    *Rin,
    *not-Tina,
    *Melk2,
    *Setsuno,
    *Warden Love,
    *the something-Mama in the surprise apple story,
    *the Bar Owner who we saw as a gt-robo,

...am I forgetting anybody? Surely Toriko's readership would increase even more, if there were more women like in One Piece ;P
    Last edited by kusanagi_k; January 11, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The last episode was ok. So we are finally finished with Sentury Soup Arc. The Arc was good in itself even though they made some changes, but still I liked it with the exeptions of two things:
    1. Tina. Even though she is one of a few women in the series she is really too annoying. I only hope we won't see her in next Arc, where she can't physically go, cause it would just make no sense when a normal woman can go to the places where most of Bishokuya can't go.
    2. Setsuno's way to call Sentury Soup. Sorry, but I always watch Toriko while eating, but she always makes me loose any will to it.

P.S. I hope for the new opening for Toriko anime. Even though I like this, but still we already have 40 episodes, thus we need new opening.

New Reply
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast