Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Funimation Sues 1,337 BitTorrent Users Over One Piece
Last edited by Aikidoka; August 23, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
Hard to believe
- They supposdely do this based on IP. However IP actually tells little. It's like suing someone based on a blurry photography. It's possible for search for that person, but won't work for even a small group of people.
- It's hard to believe you can break the privacy and track a hundred people who downloaded a certain torrent. Things aren't that easy.
- Overall, it doesn't make sense in terms of laws. Downloading a file isn't something that instantaneously turn in arrest/reparation.
- How would it cost? You can't sue 1,000 of people at the same time, it's something that is analyzed case by case. That would cost a million of bucks, and it's unlikely they will get reparation for a "episode watched", or at the best it will be an average of 1¢ per person...
- Bitorrent works different for different users. Some have uploads turned off. Besides, someone might download just a part, or download it all and not watch, downloading it as a fake file, whatever...
I am a bad mood today, perhaps I will sue the last 1,000 people who read this thread...
Last edited by Fox666; January 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM.
I would like to sue them for making my eyes bleed in this last arc.
Of course this can be just another trial that makes no sense
A judge here in Brazil prohibited GTA IV EFLC from being sold in the entire world.