Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dances with Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    First: Chaplin Then: indifference. Doesn't really fit my mental image, but doesn't really matter. I wonder howmuch they gonna extend Jeynes role. Not a big role, so I don't care that much.
    Hahah, exactly the same here. I was like "omgwtf wait, that's not exciting." Also, I had pictured Jeyne as blonde and white (don't know if she's described as such, but whatever), not latino-kinda. Don't have a problem with it, just breaks my mental image of her. At least it not as big a blunder as making Xaro black... I mean, how can you miss the fact that the Qartheen are pale? It's like the only way they're described.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

They actually aren't specifying which Jeyne she's playing. It could be Westerling or Poole...though the latter doesn't make any more sense than the former, looks-wise. It could even be a non-cannon character for all we know.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen this food blog? The blogger is making recipes based off the books. ^^

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooohh recipes based off the books sounds awesome!

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, seen that before. Or not sure it is that one, there is another one too (named The Inn at the Crossroad, I think). Seems a great site, maybe I should try making some of those myself sometime. There was also news that there was a Game of Thrones cook book in making, based on the recipes of one blog.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I haz Yoshihiro Takahashis autograph! <3

*revive*

Hey! What's up?

So when and where did you meet Yoshihiro Takahashi? Was he cool?

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone wrote in my thread *gasp*

Hi riki!

I'm cool. Started uni about 3 weeks ago. I've been busy at times, but it also has been lot of fun. Made new friends and contacts, and even learned a little. Not much any film making related yet, but we are getting there. Thursday/Friday spent on a camp/trip thing on Ideation course. We had few workshops, improv and stuff and it was a lot of fun. Feels kinda amusing that was considered studying.

Yoshihiro Takahashi was the guest of honor in Tracon 2011 last weekend. I'm not a huge Ginga fan, but I've watched the anime on VHS when I were a kid and have read the manga when they started publishing in finnish, so I wanted to really see the guy. There was an interview, which was pretty nice. Not too incredibly enlightening, but nice. He seemed a bit shy, but otherwise quite cool old mangaka. Promised to feature a finnish dog in his manga too. He also seemed genuinely suprised and pleased of the finnish Ginga fandom ^^

I were one of the lucky 200 who got a ticket to his signing event. The distributing of those tickets was a bloody mess. Completle fiasco. Worst was that there also were a lot of very young ones in midst of the trampling masses. At first there was a queue. It got rather long. Then a security control guy came to break the line, yelling it isn't THE queue, that the distribution desk doesn't even exist. At that time it was already past the informed time. Obviously the people didn't go away, but the nice queue turned into a mob. Then when they set a table on middle of the mass of people, you can guess what happened. Not very civilized things. And the security guards attitude and ill joking just made the situation worse.

The signing event itself went nicely. There was a very professional security gal, who directed the queue to a reasonable direction and kindly removed those without tickest from it. I met the guy shaked hands and got his autograph on the inner cover of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin vol 1. All in a few seconds.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What is Ideation course about? I've never heard of it before.

The autograph session sounds very chaotic. I would be annoyed that it was somewhat disorganized. Luckily it seems like everything went okay later on and it seems like you had fun meeting him.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ideation is about coming up with ideas. Teamwork, making observations, thinking outside the box, going all zen mode. Teaching as different ways of approaching subjects with different working methods. That is art uni for you
    Last edited by Ustegius; September 11, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen these pics yet?

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not all of those, but most. The pics are just flooding from Croatia, so it is hard to keep up. But that is pretty awesome. Last season set photos were a rare treat. Looks good, Dubrovinik seems like a perfect replacement for Malta as King's Landing.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Love the sig. You into viking metal? Well, many of Viking metal bands come from Finland
    Thanks. It is from Bone, a comic by Jeef Smith (in case you didn't know).

Well, not particulary viking metal, but folk metal in general is pretty cool. Not that I listen much of it, but there are a few bands I like. Like Ensiferum and to lesser extent Turisas and Finntroll.

Oh, and one of my favorites Amorphis has bit of folk metallish elements, and they use the epic poem Kalevala as source for lyrics. But it certainly isn't viking metal.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Uste.

Join us.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Uste.

Join us.
    The happies? No thank you. As I already said, if I didn't like my current set as much as I do, I would have already made an anti-happy group, with grumpy/depressing/angsty set.

New Reply
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast