Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Which of these characters do you feel have had the greatest influence/importance to the story?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama

60 34.09%
  • Namikaze Minato

54 30.68%
  • Uchiha Itachi

62 35.23%
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Out of the 3 options, Itachi is #1 because he is most responsible for the mess Sasuke is right now and the key for two of Sasuke's final power-ups.

As for the character who has the greatest influence on the shinobi world, it'd be the Rikudou Sennin. Centuries have passed his death, yet his impact is still felt all over the world. He created the 9 bijuu, fashioned the moon that imprisons the Juubi's body, sired a lineage that has produced some of history's most notable shinobi, and is the most powerful ninja who ever lived. Most important, however, is the fact he created ninjutsu. This manga you are reading? It is thanks to the Rinnegan (Kishi's eyes).

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner peleihno's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Minato's influence it great, since he is the one who made our story's hero a jinchurriki and saved his life. In regards to Itachi, well anyone can figure that out. Hashirama was the one to really start the "Will of Fire", co-founded Konoha; forgot to make sure Madara, the current world's greatest threat, was truly dead.
    To the current plot, one could say Itachi due to Sasuke and the threat he is.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to say Madara, But with the options available I would say Hashirama. He was the one that help form the current ninja system and passed out the bijuus as future tools of war, Which began the whole cycle of wars leading to the current one. It was him being voted in that pushed Madara off the deep end and partly help in his current plans, As it was Hashirama's mokuton that help create Madara's army. It was with him that Madara lost the Kyuubi, Where it ended up being sealed in Kushina made her a target for Madara and where her and Minato died while making Naruto the new Jinchuuriki. That was also the point where Madara had the Kyuubi attack the village, Thus planting the seeds that would later cause the Uchiha planning a coup and their massacre, The key to Itachi and Sasuke. Hashirama's past actions partnered with Madara have had an effect on everything that has and is happening.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

All three have had tremendous influence on the manga in different ways. Hashirama's influence is greater than Minato and Itachi's simply because he was around before they were.

In terms of character developement, Itachi has influenced our main characters more than perhaps any character in the manga. No other characters words resonate more than Itachi's in my opinion. Call me a fanboy, but whenever he's in the manga it's just better because of Kishi's characterization of him.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Like i said, it's easier to say hashimara has had the influence since he came way before either of those, and that w/o him, nothing would be the same.

But it is the same for both Itachi and Minato too.

Without either of them, story wouldnt be the same, so because, id say its better to judge on how much they affected our characters more than anything else.

While Hashimara influence both Sasuke and Naruto in his way, he has not influenced Sasuke and Naruto as much as Itachi and Minato did.

If i had to choose someone out of the three. i'd go with Itachi. Because he has directly and greatly influenced both the main characters of the story. He is directly connected to both and still has more to show us in the near future.

But yeah, Hashimara's influence has been active for a longer period of time, but to me at least, both Itachi and Minato's influence has created directly the path that both our MAIN characters are now walking on, no one other than Itachi and Minato can get any more credit than both of them for turning Sasuke and Naruto into who they are today.

But again, since people want us to choose one of them, my vote goes to Itachi.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why I chose Hashirama, Because while he hasn't had as great a direct influence as Minato and Itachi have had, He's has the greatest all around effect on the events of the story. Well, Behind Madara anyway. And his actions basically aided those two in making their own influences later on.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkill3r View Post
    Like i said, it's easier to say hashimara has had the influence since he came way before either of those, and that w/o him, nothing would be the same.

But it is the same for both Itachi and Minato too.
    Yes, however I see the situations that Itachi and Minato were in - that led to them having to make the decisions that they did - that affected Naruto and Sasuke's lives so dramatically - were solely caused from a cascade of events relating to the whole Hashirama Madara conflict.

If you remove Itachi or Minato, then Naruto and Sasuke's lives would have been different. However, if you remove Hashirama then Itachi and Minato's lives would have been different (and therefore so would the other two by proxy).
    For example - without the Hashirama Madara conflict, Madara would not have attacked Konoha in the 4th's time and Naruto would not have the Kyuubi.
    - This makes a much happier childhood for Naruto - removing his big "make everyone aknowledge me" nindo
    - Naruto has a father and a mother
    - Naruto may be much weaker as he loses his main driving force for the main part of this manga (now it is the whole bring Sasuke back business).

It is also possible to argue that Sasuke may not have gained the mangekyou sharingan - and definitely not the EMS.

In fact - even though I don't buy it - you could argue that Sasuke and Naruto's conflict is an extention of the Madara Hashirama, Uchiha Senju conflict from before (something that has unfortunately become a big part of the manga recently....)
    Last edited by zimbardo; February 01, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Infinite RAGE!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Only the founders of Konoha (Hashirama & Madara) have had a strong influence in the present. (The 4th seems like NOTHING now.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GomuGomu_Getsuga's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato. If it weren't for him, there would be no Naruto. He also set the original tone for Naruto. All Itachi has done is create a monster. He hasn't influenced anyone but Sasuke to be honest.
    Last edited by GomuGomu_Getsuga; February 01, 2011 at 07:05 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Yes, however I see the situations that Itachi and Minato were in - that led to them having to make the decisions that they did - that affected Naruto and Sasuke's lives so dramatically - were solely caused from a cascade of events relating to the whole Hashirama Madara conflict.

If you remove Itachi or Minato, then Naruto and Sasuke's lives would have been different. However, if you remove Hashirama then Itachi and Minato's lives would have been different (and therefore so would the other two by proxy).
    For example - without the Hashirama Madara conflict, Madara would not have attacked Konoha in the 4th's time and Naruto would not have the Kyuubi.
    - This makes a much happier childhood for Naruto - removing his big "make everyone aknowledge me" nindo
    - Naruto has a father and a mother
    - Naruto may be much weaker as he loses his main driving force for the main part of this manga (now it is the whole bring Sasuke back business).

It is also possible to argue that Sasuke may not have gained the mangekyou sharingan - and definitely not the EMS.

In fact - even though I don't buy it - you could argue that Sasuke and Naruto's conflict is an extention of the Madara Hashirama, Uchiha Senju conflict from before (something that has unfortunately become a big part of the manga recently....)

I know that without hashimara, things wouldnt be the same either.

But W/o Itachi and Minato.... same thing can be said.

Hashimara has changed the manga in his own way. But Itachi and Minato's involvement are as important if not more.

If we want to talk about who has influenced a larger amount of people as well for the longest time, Hashimara gets it.

But right now, the two main characters are the ones the manga is all about. Yes they were influenced from Hashimara since they are connected to the drama that was connected to him back then... but even with his doing, Minato and Itachi were needed.

Without both of them, Sasuke and Naruto would never bring Madara down, if that happens.

It's because of them that it will actually be possible.

You know it's kinda like sports.

The guy that passed the puck was needed, yet he is not the one who scored.

His involvement was needed in order to get it done, but someone was needed to finish the play.

Without either of them, it can't happen, but like it not, most of the credit goes to the one who scored and finished the play.

Anways you get my point.

While Hashimara has set the events of the new era from a long way back, Minato and Itachi worked a lot to mold both Naruto and Sasuke to a certain level, they directly connected to them and completly controlled how they would live and grow up.

If Itachi has chose to do things in a different way... Sasuke would have turned out to be greatl different even if Hashimara had influenced the past.

Minato deciding to sacrifice himself other than staying alive changed Naruto,s life forever. Hashimara's doing were great and all, but he didnit score, he got an assist.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Had Minato not sleep with Kushina, Naruto wouldn't have been born. Had Kushina not been pregnant, Madara would have never appeared to take the Kyuubi away from a weakened Kushina. Had the Kyuubi never been released, the Uchiha wouldn't have been expected for treachery and become true eventually. Uchiha's wouldn't have been massacred, Emo Kun wouldn't have been so messed up, but most importantly, NO MAIN CHARACTER...which equals to NO STORY. So yeah, Minato >>>>>> everyone else.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kelv015 View Post
    Had Minato not sleep with Kushina, Naruto wouldn't have been born. Had Kushina not been pregnant, Madara would have never appeared to take the Kyuubi away from a weakened Kushina. Had the Kyuubi never been released, the Uchiha wouldn't have been expected for treachery and become true eventually. Uchiha's wouldn't have been massacred, Emo Kun wouldn't have been so messed up, but most importantly, NO MAIN CHARACTER...which equals to NO STORY. So yeah, Minato >>>>>> everyone else.

That's not exactly right. There WOULD be a main character, it just wouldn't be Naruto. If Hashirama hadn't fought Madara to a standstill back in the day then the Senju clan would've been annihilated by Madara and the Uchiha, ending the manga with the Uchiha clan roaming the world conquering village after village. Game over.

Or, let's say Hashirama DID exist, and he still reached the point in the manga where he and Madara fought to the death. Say Hashirama dies. What happens then? Same thing: everyone dies. Madara rules.

In other words, Hashirama is the only reason the manga isn't JUST about the Uchiha clan, as it is with him that the Uchiha first were defeated, and it was he who started the main villain of the series (Madara) down his road of vengeance. A road that Minato doesn't become a part of until far later. Minato influences Naruto's life, and Itachi influenced Sasuke's (and Naruto's with his "gift"), but Hashirama influenced every (modern) ninja in existance. Every genin, chuunin, jounin, and kage, as he started the system. So since Rikudou Sennin isn't included in this list, Hashirama has to take the title.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kelv015's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That's not exactly right. There WOULD be a main character, it just wouldn't be Naruto. If Hashirama hadn't fought Madara to a standstill back in the day then the Senju clan would've been annihilated by Madara and the Uchiha, ending the manga with the Uchiha clan roaming the world conquering village after village. Game over.

Or, let's say Hashirama DID exist, and he still reached the point in the manga where he and Madara fought to the death. Say Hashirama dies. What happens then? Same thing: everyone dies. Madara rules.

In other words, Hashirama is the only reason the manga isn't JUST about the Uchiha clan, as it is with him that the Uchiha first were defeated, and it was he who started the main villain of the series (Madara) down his road of vengeance. A road that Minato doesn't become a part of until far later. Minato influences Naruto's life, and Itachi influenced Sasuke's (and Naruto's with his "gift"), but Hashirama influenced every (modern) ninja in existance. Every genin, chuunin, jounin, and kage, as he started the system. So since Rikudou Sennin isn't included in this list, Hashirama has to take the title.
    Uhh, wasn't the reason the Uchiha wanted to kill everyone because the senju were being ''racist'' in a way after being ''power struck''? So, what makes you think Uchiha would have killed Senju had Madara won? All the Uchiha's of that time believed in the peace treaty and in their alliance. So no, had Madara won their figh doesn't necessarily mean that the Uchiha's would have ruled everything. It would probably be the exact same thing, but reversed...maybe even better, since Senju's are so much in love with peace, they would have never planned a Coup d'état like the Uchiha. But, that would leave Naruto without a Main Villain...heck, maybe even Minato wouldn't have become the beast he was. I mean, no Hashirama would have meant no Tobirama, that would mean no Hiruzen, then no Jiraiya...and finally, no Minato. Hmmm, actually...never mind my argument, I think you are right, Hashirama is more important...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, Madara and Hashirama fought countless times before the Uchiha joined Konoha via ceasefire. It wasn't until Madara was by himself that he was defeated soundly. All the other times it was Uchiha vs. Senju. This time, it was Madara vs. Konoha.

And back that time, according to Madara, the two most powerful clans were Senju and Uchiha. The only clan out there that could give Uchiha a run for their money were the Senju, that's why when one village hired Uchiha, the other would hire Senju to stand a fighting chance. Meaning that if the Senju clan fell, the Uchiha would be unopposed in the ninja world. They'd be the undisputed best.

Which would change the world Minato grew up in.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, only the Senju could face the Uchiha clan on clan. They kept each other in check. IF one were to suddenly dissappear I wouldn't be surprised if the other clans did what Konoha did and tried to form an alliance, however; instead of peace it would be to fight the Uchiha. Would they still survive then?

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast