Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which of these characters do you feel have had the greatest influence/importance to the story?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama

60 34.09%
  • Namikaze Minato

54 30.68%
  • Uchiha Itachi

62 35.23%
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FallFromHaven's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Mite I advise you to add Madara to the list? He's outlived all three of them. And frankly trumps them. Madara or should I say 'tobi' is the clinical high functioning psychopath (kind of like of the guys who run the world lol), his total lack of empathy has shaped the manga into what it is today. Not only that he's indirectly effected most if not all characters in this manga in some way or form, more directly Sasuke who he is grooming to take his mantel. I'd love to go into more detail about tobi and his overall influence on the manga, hell I can't think of anyone who hasn't been somehow affected by a decision tobi has made. But I'll hold off on that, but I think tobi should be added to the list. His psychopathy alone already puts his influence above them, let alone his actions....

fade away.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member empeethree's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be Senju Hashirama, the founding father of Konohagakure and the "Will of Fire". Everything revolves around him, all his teachings about importance of life, comrades, and friends. If not for him, Konoha is not what we know or not even existing. Naruto will be not Naruto without his teaching that was been passed down from the founding generation to the current generation.

He's the reason why Madara gone mad and right now, he attacked Konoha twice already and both attempt failed.

He's well known and most influential of his time, when he became a Hokage, the other 4 great shinobi country came to existence as what they're now because of him and they mimic the ninja system he established, the one hidden village per country and because of that, the war and skirmishes was lessen on this other 4 countries.

He's the seed of the story, everyone who follows after him are the fruits but Naruto, ofcourse is the biggest fruit of all.
    it's raining cats and dogs

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the Minato had the greatest influence to the plot. He was genius and one of the strongest or even the strongest Hokage, who mimiced Rasengan from Biju bomb. He was also Yellow Lightning who was feared by all his foes. Also he is the father of the main hero of this manga who gave him Kuyubi and also made an important appereance, when he practically became Kuyubi and helped him.
    Though of course Itachi and Hashirama also played a big role in the plot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i think you should tobirama senju as well cuz he invented the zombie jutsu , kabuto wouldnt have been able to summon all those zombies and the 3rd hokage might even be still alive right now and minato wouldnt have been able to defeat the kyuubi without his technique..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Alien81's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama is the reason why Madara is doing all this, so I say Hashirama because of Madara both Minato and Itachi had influence on both Naruto and sasuke.

Ultear Acr of Time by [COLOR="sienna"]Alien81 [/COLOR]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FallFromHaven View Post
    Mite I advise you to add Madara to the list? He's outlived all three of them. And frankly trumps them. Madara or should I say 'tobi' is the clinical high functioning psychopath (kind of like of the guys who run the world lol), his total lack of empathy has shaped the manga into what it is today. Not only that he's indirectly effected most if not all characters in this manga in some way or form, more directly Sasuke who he is grooming to take his mantel. I'd love to go into more detail about tobi and his overall influence on the manga, hell I can't think of anyone who hasn't been somehow affected by a decision tobi has made. But I'll hold off on that, but I think tobi should be added to the list. His psychopathy alone already puts his influence above them, let alone his actions....
    While Madara was indeed of great importance to the story, the purpose of this thread is not to list the most influential character in the entire manga, but rather a comparison between Hashirama, Minato and Itachi only. Otherwise as someone has mentioned before Rikudo definitely would be up there in the contest.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner DaDarkDude's Avatar
    Country
    Syria
    Post Thanks / Like

Senju Hashirama:
    Definitely one of the more important characters of the storyline, hence the reason I voted for him. Both Orochimaru and Uchiha Madara needed his Senju abilities for unknown reasons. They both made pseudo clones of him, and even recently with Kabuto- Madara has already revealed that much of his plans revolved around the Senju power.

Namikaze Minato:
    I don't believe he really deserves to be on this list. He hasn't really played a major role to be honest. Sure, he sealed the Kyubi and fought Madara, but he doesn't nearly contribute as much as either Itachi or Hashirama.

Uchiha Itachi:
    Definitely a story contributor. Even in death, he still has a major presence on everyone. He definitely is the reason behind Sasuke's past and current motives, and his consent to destroy the entire Uchiha clan will inevitably cause a major stir in Konoha. It isn't noticeable yet, but once the war has calmed down and things begin to become quiet again, Kakashi will undoubtedly try to confirm if Madara's words were true.

Fan of Kingdom Hearts? Check out the all new fansite below!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Yondaime Uzumaki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaDarkDude View Post
    Senju Hashirama:
    Definitely one of the more important characters of the storyline, hence the reason I voted for him. Both Orochimaru and Uchiha Madara needed his Senju abilities for unknown reasons. They both made pseudo clones of him, and even recently with Kabuto- Madara has already revealed that much of his plans revolved around the Senju power.

Namikaze Minato:
    I don't believe he really deserves to be on this list. He hasn't really played a major role to be honest. Sure, he sealed the Kyubi and fought Madara, but he doesn't nearly contribute as much as either Itachi or Hashirama.

Uchiha Itachi:
    Definitely a story contributor. Even in death, he still has a major presence on everyone. He definitely is the reason behind Sasuke's past and current motives, and his consent to destroy the entire Uchiha clan will inevitably cause a major stir in Konoha. It isn't noticeable yet, but once the war has calmed down and things begin to become quiet again, Kakashi will undoubtedly try to confirm if Madara's words were true.
    Fact is, the main premise of the story is Naruto and th kyuubi. Yeah, Senju and Uchiha have taken a more important part of the story as of now, but naruto and the kyuubi have always been the theme of the manga. Everything else is secondary.

Considering that Hashirama and Minato have been directly related to the kyuubi and the person that made it possible for Naruto to even have it, I'd say they were the most influential in the story. The story would be a lot less different without Itachi than it would be without Minato or Hashirama.

No Minato, no Kakashi, no Naruto or kyuubi sealed, no story. Even if Naruto was alive without the kyuubi, he'd be dead before part 2. No Hashirama, Madara's the Shodaime, completely different story (but probably still a good one). No Itachi, Akatsuki still exist, Madara probably still kills the Uchiha by request of Danzo, Madara still gets Sasuke.

Now, Madara....Madara is the most influential person to the story outside of Naruto himself. Everyrhing bad in Naruto's life is directly related to him. Madara is the Frieza or Cell of the manga. The M.Bison, the Shao Khan, the King Koopa, the Joker, Lex Luther, Magneto, Dr.Doom, etc. The polar opposite ofthe main character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    No Minato, no Kakashi, no Naruto or kyuubi sealed, no story. Even if Naruto was alive without the kyuubi, he'd be dead before part 2. No Hashirama, Madara's the Shodaime, completely different story (but probably still a good one). No Itachi, Akatsuki still exist, Madara probably still kills the Uchiha by request of Danzo, Madara still gets Sasuke.
    Way to downgrade Itachi's involvement in the story.

Madara wasnt asked by Danzo to wipe out the clan, only Itachi figured Madara was staying in the shadows and planning something up, and he himself said it, he was looking for an opportunity for War, he would have wiped the entire village, he only kept it to the Uchiha because of Itachi.

No Itachi - Akatsuki exists, no Sasuke, Konoha might get wiped out, War starts to rage due to the Uchiha's coup detat bringing an opportunity for other countries like Madara himself said. No rival for Naruto which has been an important and crucial part to Naruto's overall growth, and that is if he's still alive.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama no doubt. Without him, there's a good chance that there wouldn't be a Konoha...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cash2088's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of you don't give Minato enough credit. Don't make the mistake of confusing screentime/page count as importance! What makes Minato such a character of import was his foresight after he fought Madara. The forethought to seal the kyuubi into his son and just the portion that would prove useful in defeating Madara. He also left "that jutsu" once Naruto took control of the kyuubi chakra, although Jiraiya was tasked with training Naruto, the fact remains that all Narutos' jutsu are Minato's or left by Minato (minus sexy jutsu and the like and of course sage mode) including "that jutsu" which has yet to be seen but must be the jutsu that shuts madara down! Itachi had forsight and is a big influence as is shodai but Sasuke wasn't a character in kishi's initial drafts of the manga so its only logical the manga could exist without itachi as he was only introduced for Sasukes' progression... Minato's legacy is Naruto!
    Last edited by cash2088; April 04, 2011 at 08:11 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cash2088 View Post
    Most of you don't give Minato enough credit. Don't make the mistake of confusing screentime/page count as importance! What makes Minato such a character of import was his foresight after he fought Madara. The forethought to seal the kyuubi into his son and just the portion that would prove useful in defeating Madara. He also left "that jutsu" once Naruto took control of the kyuubi chakra, although Jiraiya was tasked with training Naruto, the fact remains that all Narutos' jutsu are Minato's or left by Minato (minus sexy jutsu and the like and of course sage mode) including "that jutsu" which has yet to be seen but must be the jutsu that shuts madara down! Itachi had forsight and is a big influence as is shodai but Sasuke wasn't a character in kishi's initial drafts of the manga so its only logical the manga could exist without itachi as he was only introduced for Sasukes' progression... Minato's legacy is Naruto!
    Sasuke was not part of the 'initial' draft?

Just because the Manga isnt called Naruto and Sasuke doesnt mean Sasuke's involvement in the manga is not imporant.

Itachi had only foresight and nothing else? He didnt sacrifice himself for village and didnt prevent a war as well as Madara's move against the leaf? The same village in which Naruto lives?

Sasuke is the main force which drove Naruto to get strong throughout the manga, how can you even forgive something like that? And yet Itachi's role isnt over yet.

Hashimara has had a longer impact, without him, the naruto world we know wouldnt be.

Without Itachi, manga wouldnt be either and same goes for Naruto.

They have had a role which made sure tha manga would be where it is today, the major difference is that both Itachi and Minato had a major as well as a direct impact on the two main characters where Hashimara isnt direct and comes from way back.

No Itachi, no Sasuke or maybe even no Konoha at all,
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; April 04, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    -

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkill3r View Post
    Sasuke was not part of the 'initial' draft?

Just because the Manga isnt called Naruto and Sasuke doesnt mean Sasuke's involvement in the manga is not imporant.

Itachi had only foresight and nothing else? He didnt sacrifice himself for village and didnt prevent a war as well as Madara's move against the leaf? The same village in which Naruto lives?

Sasuke is the main force which drove Naruto to get strong throughout the manga, how can you even forgive something like that? And yet Itachi's role isnt over yet.

Hashimara has had a longer impact, without him, the naruto world we know wouldnt be.

Without Itachi, manga wouldnt beL either and same goes for Naruto.

They have had a role which made sure tha manga would be where it is today, the major difference is that both Itachi and Minato had a major as well as a direct impact on the two main characters where Hashimara isnt direct and comes from way back.

No Itachi, no Sasuke or maybe even no Konoha at all,

Nobody is doubting itachi's contribution but what you aren't understanding is even without itachi Masashi could've easily blamed the uchiha massacre on Madara but in order to prolong the series he went with a way in which Sasuke would become Naruto's rival instead of ally.

"When developing the original Naruto manga, Masashi Kishimoto had not initially intended to create Sasuke. After speaking with his editor about the future of the series, he was advised to create a rival character for the series' protagonist, Naruto Uzumaki, resulting in Sasuke's creation"

You're free to your opinion I won't deny that but while itachi adds depth to the manga you mistakingly make the assumption that Naruto's development is contingent upon Itachi when we know Naruto's development is and has always been a direct result of Minato's actions! From the sealing of the kyuubi to Naruto's relationship with Kakashi and Jiraiya, from his training to his jutsu, Minato is the driving force behind what Naruto has become! If you want it simplified then....no sealed kyuubi = no Naruto and Sasuke rivalry and no Itachi...

Ps. No Itachi doesnt mean no Sasuke it just means we wouldnt have a derranged psychopath hellbent on revenge....

P.s.s. Itachi's sacrifice is moot as if Minato hadn't sacrificed himself there would be no Itachi but even if there were no Itachi there would still be Minato. That should put it in perspective for you.

Dude remove any character from the manga and it wouldn't be where it is now that's only logical and for the third time Itachi is/was a secondary character he has had a big impact so that goes without saying but as far as impacts go Minato to me takes home the gold! As the manga even starts with Minato's sacrifice not Itachi's... So you're saying that if Minato hadn't fought Madara the village would be there to for Itachi to save? If Madara had succeeded in using the kyuubi in the way he desired Naruto and Sasuke would have survived? The answer is No! I'm not downplaying Itachi his role was crucial but it will be because of Minato that the final war will come to an end. His faith in Naruto, his foresight to see Madara would return to Konaha and his sacrifice to prevent it's destruction! Let alone the fact that Minato was the hero of the third ninja war and ultimately the village! It's pretty damn clear to anyone the contribution Minato has had!
    Last edited by cash2088; April 05, 2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Nobody is doubting itachi's contribution but what you aren't understanding is even without itachi Masashi could've easily blamed the uchiha massacre on Madara but in order to prolong the series he went with a way in which Sasuke would become Naruto's rival instead of ally.
    There is a great flaw right there, and this shows that you're greatly missunderstanding this.

The point in the massacre was to protect the Shinobi world and Sasuke.
    Itachi accepted to do the mission for the greater good.

Madara was not going to wipe the clan for fun, Madara had a grudge against Konoha, the reason he kept it to the Uchiha is because Itachi was the only one who found out about him and made him the deal to stop with the Uchiha clan.

No Itachi = Madara letting the coup detat happen and joining the fray to destroy the leaf, if you fail to realise that then i suggest you re-read the whole Itachi chapters again.

Danzo and Madara dont share a connection, Danzo never asked him to massacre the clan.

Konoha used Itachi because of how self-sacrificing he was and how he wanted peace above all.

No Itachi = War, not Madara wiping the clan lol.... great missunderstanding from your part.

Quote Quote:
    You're free to your opinion I won't deny that but while itachi adds depth to the manga you mistakingly make the assumption that Naruto's development is contingent upon Itachi when we know Naruto's development is and has always been a direct result of Minato's actions! From the sealing of the kyuubi to Naruto's relationship with Kakashi and Jiraiya, from his training to his jutsu, Minato is the driving force behind what Naruto has become! If you want it simplified then....no sealed kyuubi = no Naruto and Sasuke rivalry and no Itachi..

You need to understand, this topic is about seeing the impact those three guys had on the manga, this isnt a thread for lets remove them and find a way to change the story's developpement.

Naruto mainly, had two major events that greatly impacted his life.

One of them was being alone leading him to have the desire to become Hokage and be a Hero for everyone to see. He wanted to be acknowledged by everybody.

And secondly, Naruto's first connection; Uchiha Sasuke.

They both share loneliness and at some point, Naruto became envious of Sauske and turned him into a rival.

That rivalry kept pushing Naruto to get stronger and stronger throughout the entire manga.

Kakashi clearly said it; You've always been in front of him Sasuke.

And guess what, Naruto himself said it recently, that he always wanted to be like Sasuke, and always wanted to be friends with him.

Naruto has been living to keep that bond he shared with Sasuke alive.

This is known to all, and the reason why Sasuke and Naruto were able to share that connection from the start is because of Itachi's involvement.

So Minato is the pillard behind one of the major event that occured in Naruto's life and Itachi is the pillard behind the second one.

Quote Quote:
    Ps. No Itachi doesnt mean no Sasuke it just means we wouldnt have a derranged psychopath hellbent on revenge....
    No Itachi = Madara + Coup d'etat = countries invading = Konoha most-likely being wiped out.

No Itachi = No Itachi being inside the Akatsuki to protect them from the inside and no Madara himself admitting to having holded back.

Quote Quote:
    P.s.s. Itachi's sacrifice is moot as if Minato hadn't sacrificed himself there would be no Itachi but even if there were no Itachi there would still be Minato. That should put it in perspective for you.
    And No Itachi = No naruto = Minato's sacrifice being meaningless.

And we go with your way = No Hashimra = No Konoha = No Naruto or Sasuke or Minato or Itachi so Hashimara is the greatest of all.

Fail perspective if you ask me.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; April 05, 2011 at 04:58 AM.

-

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Your logic is flawed also but it's always easier to see the flaw in someone elses logic rather than your own! No sacrifice from Minato equals no Sasuke and Naruto connection. You deleted your previous post to write this contrived piece of mess above my post to reiterate what? You're arguing with yourself because I'm not saying Itachi is not important but as you say one cannot exist without the other and Itachi wouldn't be here that's a fact if Minato didn't sacrifice himself! So yes to me Minato is more important to the story ! Also you say the coup D'etat would have "most likely" have wiped Konoha out? Well conjecture holds about as much weight as wet piece of 2 ply bathroom tissue!

Lastly I wasn't the one who started the whole "let's take a character out of the manga to quantify their importance" so don't try to patronize me with it! I should have known by that picture that your just an Itachi fanboy trying to impress upon others the importance of Itachi to validate your fanboyism.. Well guess what I still find Minato to be of greater import than Itachi, yes Itachi convinced Madara to slaughter the Uchiha clan but it wasn't without consequence all he did was prolong the time Konoha had until it's destruction as we can clearly see Madara accumulated many Uchiha eyes and the bijuu and has come back. Minato predicted this where as Itachi put his hopes in Sasuke but we see were that got him!

Hashirama is the basis of the story but Minato is the character who set the stage for the manga while Itachi is the force that helped progress the story! All integral parts in the scheme of things but Minato being the catalyst for the whole manga is without a doubt!
    Last edited by cash2088; April 05, 2011 at 05:31 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast