Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which of these characters do you feel have had the greatest influence/importance to the story?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama

    60 34.09%
  • Namikaze Minato

    54 30.68%
  • Uchiha Itachi

    62 35.23%
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 101

Thread: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by cash2088 View Post
    You're logic is flawed also but it's always easier to see someone elses rather than your own! No sacrifice from Minato no Sasuke and Naruto connection. you deleted your previous post to write this contrived piece of mess above my post to reiterate what? You're arguing with yourself because I'm not saying Itachi is not important but as you say one cannot exist without the other and Itachi wouldn't be here that's a fact if Minato didn't sacrifice himself! So yes to me Minato is more important to the story ! Also you say the coup D'etat would have "most likely" have wiped Konoha out? Well conjecture holds about as much weight as wet piece of 2 ply bathroom tissue!

    Lastly I wasn't the one who started the whole "let's take a character out of the manga to quantify their importance" so don't try to patronize me with it!

    Hashirama is the basis of the story but Minato is the character who set the stage for the manga while Itachi is the force that helped progress the story! All integral parts in the scheme of things but Minato being the catalyst for the whole manga is without a doubt!
    No Minato - No Naruto Sasuke connection
    No Itachi - No Naruto Sasuke connection
    No Hashimara - No Naruto Sasuke Minato Itachi.

    With your logic ; Hashimara > Minato > Itachi just because it's the order they came in.

    And your right, i said 'most-likely', but instead now ill just go with Madara's words.

    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/6/
    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/7/
    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/8/

    'Surely' is the word i was looking for.


    Itachi saved Naruto's live, i don't call this only 'helping' Naruto progress.

    This is manga evidence, which you denied / missunderstood, that is what happened


    p.s, there is no need for you to get cocky, i didnt delete my post, i rephrased it, cause my english is obviously a problem sometimes, i want things to be clear as possible.
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; April 05, 2011 at 05:28 AM.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  2. #47
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cash2088's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkill3r View Post
    No Minato - No Naruto Sasuke connection
    No Itachi - No Naruto Sasuke connection
    No Hashimara - No Naruto Sasuke Minato Itachi.

    With your logic ; Hashimara > Minato > Itachi just because it's the order they came in.

    And your right, i said 'most-likely', but instead now ill just go with Madara's words.

    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/6/
    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/7/
    http://somemangas.com/alt/Naruto/400/cm/8/

    'Surely' is the word i was looking for.


    Itachi saved Naruto's live, i don't call this only 'helping' Naruto progress.

    This is manga evidence, which you denied / missunderstood, that is what happened


    p.s, there is no need for you to get cocky, i didnt delete my post, i rephrased it, cause my english is obviously a problem sometimes, i want things to be clear as possible.
    Your English is fine but your logic is not! Madara also said he wasn't responsible for the attack on Konaha the second time! He's said he wasn't the reson for the hate between senju and uchiha! He's said a lot of things but they aren't true! Even Naruto questioned his plan for peace knowing Madara is a liar! By your logic Minato saved Itachi so he indirectly saved his own son further evidence of the importance Minato played. I'm just saying this without Hashirama there would be no Madara so his importance is great! Without Madara no Uchiha or Konoha! Without Minato there would be no Naruto, without Itachi there would be no ??? You say village but the same can be said for all the other characters that are mentioned both Minato and Hashirama. Yes Itachi is Sasuke's power driver but like you said Minato is also Naruto's "pillar" well. Minato's contribution is undenyable as is both Itachi and Hashirama's but in terms of pure contribution Minato gave us Naruto and all that Naruto is!
    Last edited by cash2088; April 05, 2011 at 05:49 AM.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by cash2088 View Post
    Your English is fine but your logic is not! Madara also said he wasn't responsible for the attack on Konaha the second time! He's said he wasn't the reson for the hate between senju and uchiha! He's said a lot of things but they aren't true!
    Don't compare this to his statement about the Kyuubi lol honestly.

    You know just like any of us that Madara is making sure that Sasuke is on his side in the end.

    Madara spoke the truth about Itachi and the massacre.

    Don't use this to try and deny it, Madara is a lie when it comes to talking about himself, this is a known fact. Databook clearly commented on Itachi's situation and his sacrifice.


    Quote Quote:
    The village or his blood ties—Itachi, who desired peace more than anyone else, was confronted with the worst of choices....!! To bring peace to the village—no, to the world, Itachi carried out the slaughter of his clan. The only person he could not bring himself to kill was his little brother. In fact, not only he let Sasuke live, he also made him believe that he himself was the traitor. He took both the hidden ambition of his clan and the groundless distrust held by the village and carved them into his forehead protector, forming the shape of the "nukenin" mark; then he left the village, alone. It was all for the sake of keeping their sins and evil away from Sasuke's eyes. He shouldered "reality" alone and left the fictitious image of a noble clan behind for his brother to see...
    quotes from the Databook III
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; April 05, 2011 at 05:43 AM.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  4. #49
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member cash2088's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkill3r View Post
    Don't compare this to his statement about the Kyuubi lol honestly.

    You know just like any of us that Madara is making sure that Sasuke is on his side in the end.

    Madara spoke the truth about Itachi and the massacre.

    Don't use this to try and deny it, Madara is a lie when it comes to talking about himself, this is a known fact. Databook clearly commented on Itachi's situation and his sacrifice.



    quotes from the Databook III
    Luckily I'm on my phone so I can't quote data books but how about you put Minato's entry up! And that little brother he could not kill is now one of the main antagonists! "The one failure of an otherwise secret hero to konoha" as stated by Danzo! So his contribution is both negative and positive he is partly to blame for what is happening to Konaha and his complicity with Akatsuki and Madara in attaining the beasts! So he has obviously contributed but whether it's more tha Minato is questionable!

  5. #50
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner shinobilyf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    I think Uchiha Itachi had the greatest impact. Since, if he didn't leave and killed the Uchiha clan, Sasuke wouldn't be mad at him, so he wouldn't want to seek for revenge, so when Orichimaru was looking for Sasuke, Sasuke wouldn't go to Orichimaru for power, and if he didn't leave, Naruto wouldn't look for Sasuke, and if Sasuke didn't get mad at Itachi, he wouldn't go train so hard that he would be able to kill Orichimaru, and if he didn't kill Orichimaru, Kabuto wouldn't be "freee" in a way, and if Sasuke didn't leave Konoha, because he wanted to seek power for revenge to Itachi, Naruto wouldn't have failed at ...well you get it, right ?

  6. #51
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Country
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Its very hard to choose among Hashirama and Minato. They both protected not only their village, but others as well by defeating Madara and Kyuubi. If Naruto is able to change the shinobi world or the system, then I guess Minato influence is/was greater.

  7. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Minato. IMO his action are what shaped the main character of the story, which gives him the greatest impact. If we're talking about who had the greater impact on the ninja world, then it would be Hashirama > Minato > Itachi.

  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    There is only one person who has directly impacted and influenced outcomes in this story, Itachi Uchiha.

    Senju Hashirama is just a name for something, nothing more. Yes, he was the first Hokage, but the actions today are not being dictated by events 30+ years ago. Hashrrama cells are just a name for something, no influence. It's like saying Darwin is responsible for all evolution, which is clearly not the case.

    Minato has some impact, but it is also very little. Besides giving Naruto his genes he imposed a special condition in Naruto, i.e. the Kyuubi. He also made the rasengan, but even if it didn't exist Naruto would/could learn another technique to protect himself. Naruto's condition (the Kyuubi) impacts Naruto at times but doesn't impact events that happen in the storyline. That's the kyuubi's doing, not Minato's.

    The only one to influence things is Itachi. If Itachi wasn't there, the Uchiha clan would still be alive, Sasuke's whole life would be different because his scars were inflicted by Itachi. Sasuke wouldn't go after Orochimaru and Orochimaru might even leave the Leaf village alone pursuing his quest for all jutsus. Team 7 would be united and go after Madara themselves. It would be a completely different story if you were to extract Itachi out of the storyline.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    I don't see how Hashirama is just a name. He created the village in which events such as the Kyuubi incident and the Uchiha massacre took place, If he had chosen not to create the village none of those events would of occured. For all we know the Uchiha could of created their own village. If the story was mainly based around Sasuke then I could see Itachi having more weight than Minato, but it's not. The Kyuubi event and the Uchiha massacre are equal in the sense that they both shaped Sasuke and Naruto's characters.

  11. #55
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member To Be Announced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    How is this even a question? The answer is OBVIOUSLY Hashirama. Itachi and Minato are simply people who protected what Hashirama BUILT. STARTED. Those two were people who did great things, sure, but they built no foundations - only protected the foundation started and upheld by Hashirama.

    Also, Madara deserves to be on this list more than Itachi. Actually a more valid question would be who had more influence between Madara and Hashirama.

  12. #56
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    It depends a lot on how we see it.

    Hashimara has without a doubt been influencing the outcome of the story for a very long time compared to Minato and Itachi but thats still not all there is to it.

    If we wanna go this way, then it would Hashimara > Minato > Itachi as its the order in which they came in and whoever is next has to live through something it's predessor as shqped.


    Thats one way to look at it.

    An other is to realise that by removing any of the three, the story wouldnt be the same.
    Hashimara has had a lot of influence due to the fact that he came first, but without Itachi or Minato this story wouldnt be where it's at right now and their importance imo. Is actually even more valuable because they directly shaped the two main characters of the story.

    Sure, Hashimara made Madara go nuts thus lead him to use kyuubi for his revenge later on which caused both Itachi and Minato to do what they did, so in a way he supported the evolution of both Sasuke and Naruto but it still required Itachi to calculate a plan of 8 years and still required Minato to decide to entrust everything into Naruto when he could have lived.

    Hashimara has had the longest influence, where Itachi and Minato have had the most direct and evident influence on the outcome of the manga as they both forged the two main characters into who they are now by devoting their lives to it.

    Id say its pretty an equal battle, but i do favor itachi and minato as they put in the finishing touch.

    Its like comparing someone getting an assist in hockey to getting a goal, you need both both the assist and the goal for things to work but the scorer has the last word on it no matter how great the pass was. We all want to get the goal over an assist, dont lie and clain you dont!

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #57
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Your mom's bed
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    But in this case, Naruto is the one who will goal, and what we are to determine is who made the most important assist.

    I think I'll go with Hashirama, because he was the one who created Konoha and the village system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

  15. #58
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,681
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    But in this case, Naruto is the one who will goal, and what we are to determine is who made the most important assist.

    I think I'll go with Hashirama, because he was the one who created Konoha and the village system.
    Of course, and he would stand on an equal ground with Sasuke, but the goal of the thread is to put together insane characters from 3 different generations

  16. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    Quote Originally Posted by hakuthehedgehog View Post
    But in this case, Naruto is the one who will goal, and what we are to determine is who made the most important assist.

    I think I'll go with Hashirama, because he was the one who created Konoha and the village system.
    This still doesnt change that Itachi and Minato are your most direct assistant to the outcome of the manga.

    The current manga wouldnt be anywhere close to what it is right now without any of those three thats for sure, but while Hashimara has impacted over a longer period of time, Itachi and Minato are the backbone of the manga's current core.

    Either way there is no surprise in seeing that the votes are that close as it depends a lot on how you see it. And the way i see Hashimara has influenced in a different way than Itachi and Minato.

    It all comes down for most part to who you like the most or which sacrifice to you seemed to be the most important and i could understand as why Itachi has the edge over Minato here simply because Itachi both lived his whole life and died to influence the outcome of the story. Although Itachi is my favorite here, im not sure we can value his influence being greater because of the time he spent doing but i could understand people voting for him as what he did for all these years and even what he still manages to do through death is simply amazing.

    My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    .
    -

  17. #60
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: [FEATURED] Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

    without Hashirima -> no konoha
    without minato -> no naruto with 9 tailed fox
    without Itachi -> no Sasuke and his unique bond with naruto

    I mean you cant judge who had the greatest influence...

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts