Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Which of these characters do you feel have had the greatest influence/importance to the story?

Voters
176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama

60 34.09%
  • Namikaze Minato

54 30.68%
  • Uchiha Itachi

62 35.23%
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Which of these characters do you feel have had the greatest influence/importance to the story?

Now while Shodai did not directly influence our two main characters, the actions by which he shaped a more infant stage of the shinobi world was very influential to the courses of future events. It is for this reason that I placed him here amongst the other two for comparison.

changed thread title and added a poll ~vintage
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; January 31, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, Uchiha Itachi

Well, if it weren't for Hashirama, everything would be completely different and the main characters might not even exist.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Might as well add Kishimoto Masashi to that list.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    Well, if it weren't for Hashirama, everything would be completely different and the main characters might not even exist.

Seems like a no-brainer to me. Might as well add Kishimoto Masashi to that list.
    One cannot say that Harashima is more important than the main characters however, for the story does not revolve around him. A major driving force behind the story is also the growth of Naruto and Sauce, this is where the other two candidates come in as they both had much more direct influence in that aspect.
    Last edited by Bromamura; January 29, 2011 at 06:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

The story so far is tighly related to the past of Hashirama and Madara, at least if we take everything that have been said about him. Even today the army of clones comes from Hashirama.

There's a lot to be known about him, but so far I think he is the character that have influenced more in this storyline.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

for the manga "naruto" Itachi is the most important of them, he's the most important behind Naruto,Sasuke,Sakura and Kakshi. But for the story IN the manga,I think Hashirama is the one you are saying.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xAznSinnage's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

For the plot/story from our point of view, Itachi is definitely the most influential character. From their point of view, whatever that is, Madara is the most important Chess piece.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama. He was the one who made Madara do what he's doing right now, and the same person who established the whole hidden village in country system (I think). If it weren't for him, neither Itachi nor Minato would have been in the position they were or would have had such influence that they did.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously, if Hashimara had not existed i mean the whole drama with Madara most-likely wouldnt have been there, so we can say that Hashimara has had a longer influence since it has had an impact for a longer period of time.

Although, i would not say his influence was more crucial than any of the other characters named.

While Hashimara's doing was important, Itachi and Minato's were crucial too.

Without Hashimara, story would not be the same. BUt without both Itachi and Minato, it wouldnt be the same either and far worse, we would be loosing the two most obvious connection to both Sasuke and Naruto's developpement.

Itachi and Minato are equals, both of them established in their own way the same for Naruto and Sasuke.

They are the reason why Sasuke and Naruto will most-likely become the 2 strongest ninja to have seen the day.

I am as strong believer of of the 'Sasuke and Naruto team up against Madara' and them being the ones to bring him down at last, thus bringing peace to the world, and without the sacrifice of Minato and Itachi, this clearly would have never happened.

And since the manga is all about Sasuke and Naruto right now, I'd say that Itachi and Minato's moves are as important or even more than Hashimara's influence since their actions are directly connected to both Sasuke and Naruto's developpement.

Hashimara has had the longest influence, yet Itachi and Minato's are just as important if not more due to their direct connection.

Although, if i had to choose one of them, even their influence was ALL necessary in the manga, i'd have to choose Itachi.

Simply because he's directly connected to both of the main caracters, unlike Hashimara, and because he kept at bay Madara who was on the verge of wiping out the leaf or at least planning on doing, and because not only did his sacrifice protect the village just like Minato did, but also made Sasuke extremely strong which kept Naruto's growth going as well, and because the gift that he gave him might be crucial to Madara's downfall as well as for Sasuke's redemtion.

And because his sacrifice, to me at least, gets the top spot given all the circumstances surrounding it to the very end... (Sorry Minato, you dont have my vote on this!)
    Last edited by insid3rkill3r; January 29, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

My child, do not hesitate, it is the path you chose after all.
    Our suffering will only last an instant, it is nothing compared to what you will have to face.
    Our opinions may differ, but i am still proud of you - Fugaku
    -

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato, easily. He was the one who protected the village from the threat that started this entire manga, that would lead to Naruto being treated the way he was in the village, that would lead to Naruto possessing the Kyuubi, that would lead to Jiraiya's and even Kakashi's interest in Naruto.

That would lead to Akatsuki coming to Konoha looking for the Fourth Hokage's legacy. That would lead to Naruto meeting his mother and father, and to his mastering the Kyuubi's chakra, that would end up leading to Naruto's massive use of the rasengan technique, which just so happens to be influenced from a bijuu's ultimate move.

Minato had a direct encounter with the very man who is now at the helm of this war, Madara. Minato had far more influence, clearly.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gunsmoke69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hashirama and madara started the story but we still havent seen itachis entire role. Now that kabuto has ressurrected him, its most likely that he will meet sasuke in the future and that could change everything. Sasuke has fallen into darkness becuz of madara but itachi cud change him if they meet face to face. I feel this will happen after his fight with naruto so we still cant decide who has had the greatest importance to the story. This is just my opinion

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member xAznSinnage's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's still a big player with an unfinished plot side, even in "death". Therefore, he is the number 1 guy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread. Really tough choice. I kinda don't like the arguement in favor of hashirama. Following that logic, rikudo senin would be the most influencing person. Minato has played a fantastic role in shaping up naruto, and naruto-tobi build up. However itachi is winner for me. He has influenced both sasuke and naruto and shaped up naruto-sasuke relation.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

As far as I see it, it has to be Hashirama.
    Sure, without Itachi or Minato - Sasuke and Naruto would not be in the situations they are in now.

However without Hashirama:
    1/ Madara would not have been opposed for Hokageship (if Konoha would have even been formed)
    -therefore less chance of a Uchiha rebellion
    -therefore no chance of Itachi having to kill of his clan
    -therefore no Sasuke hatred related activity...
    2/ Madara wouldn't have had his hatred for Konoha
    -therefore no attack with the 9 tails
    -therefore no Minato having to re-seal the 9 tails in Naruto and also sacrifice himself in the process
    3/ Madara wouldn't have the Rinnengan
    -therefore no Pain
    -therefore no Akatsuki
    -therefore no 4th ninja war (or at least less chance of one)

Sure, if you remove Minato then there is no Naruto, and Konoha could have been destroyed by Tobi and the 9 tails
    And if you remove Itachi, then there would be no evil Sasuke, and the Uchiha revolt would have (probably) happened.

However
    Minato's and Itachi's predicaments were caused (or led up to) by the whole Madara Hashirama feud. Without Hashirama there could not have been a feud, and therefore it is unlikely that events would have played out in the way that they did - therefore the situations would most likely have been different - and therefore it is fair to say that Itachi and Minato's lives would have been significantly different and their roles in the grand scheme of things may not have been as dramatic.
    Infinite RAGE!

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Following that logic, rikudo senin would be the most influencing person.
    The difference is that the topic has to do with Hashi, Minato, and Itachi, not Rikudou Sennin, otherwise as you've said, Rikudou Sennin would get the most votes. Though to be fair, we can just say Rikudou Sennin's parents had the most influence since they did create Rikudou Sennin. <_<

Sorry.

Anyway, Hashirama's actions were what compelled Madara/Tobi to do what he's doing as of now and what made Minato and Itachi have quite a bit of influence. Though if Madara was included, I'd definitely vote for him over Hashirama.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Murdock's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greater influence: Senju Hashirama, Namikaze Minato, or Uchiha Itachi?

Minato he is affecting whole story even when he is long gone ... we still don't know what happens when madara get to know that half of the kyuubi is gone ... can juubi be still revived?

and Minato basically made what naruto is now he shaped his future his actions everything ... to me it's no brainer
    Why Tobi can't be Obito (or Rin):

Year 0 for our purposes:
    We know that Madara and Tobi knew each other (confirmed by Kishi) and gave Madara's Rinnegan to Nagato.
    Year 5:
    J-Man trains Nagato
    Year 10:
    Obito is born.Tobi might be using Obito's eye but that is improbable since it would most likely be MS technique BUT considering how much he's been using it he would be blind by now. Itachi used it very sporadically and was blind, same Sasuke-Tobi is spamming it for 17 years and is OK?

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast