Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Why am I here? I don't even like Manga...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Why am I here? I don't even like Manga...

Because a certain bug has been bugging me about this.

About me then, I am a computing student at university. My hobbies include football, games, books and occasionally some mango and animu.

Certified Mafia Game Shit Talker

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Imperiums Thread

AN IMPY THREAD!!!!!!

favorite, games/books/animu/mango?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Imperiums Thread

Hey, Impy!

What kind of job do you hope to have after you graduate from college?

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Current Mood: :'D

Yo impy in 30 words explain how you feel towards me.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So according to your thread title, you're crying and happy at the same time?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he's crying because his stomach is hurting from so much laughter

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't belive my eyes!!

How are you?Are you happy or are you crying?
    Favourite football team?
    Favourite manga ever?
    Favourite anime ever?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity lordHokage's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Re: Current Mood: :'D

Hello Imperium,

Welcome to the zone. I think you need a bug spray for that certain bug. Best wishes on your studies and what types of books are you interested in.

Take care, lordHokage.

You truly deserve the title of Yondaime Hokage

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    AN IMPY THREAD!!!!!!

favorite, games/books/animu/mango?
    Coh..Cuh..C...Blitz

I don’t have many outright favourite things. Its usually like a long non-chronological list. Ill give it a go though. >.>

My favourite games is between Football Manager 08, Civilization 4 and 5, Pokémon silver and pro evolution 3 and 6. The time I spent playing those 6 games I do not want to contemplate, a large part of my life was lost conquering, training, and scoring goals >.>.

Out of that list though, I only play Civ regularly. I have spurts of pokemon nostalgia once a year in which I replay the whole of silver. The other three games are footballing games, and although still fun to play have been eclipsed for a variety of reasons (similar to all sports games). Even though I rarely play them but they still hold a special place for me. I religiously follow any Civ and FM (the latest is naturally FM11) related news, while i also do the same with pokemon but to a far lesser extent. Pro evolution I don’t want to go into it. It just makes me sad as its decline wasn’t really the fault of konami…well maybe it was. )':

Favourite books I think I’ve written a list another thread but here goes again (it changed as well), Its a top five because i believe in narrowing things down:

Imperium by Robert Harris
    Curtain by Agatha Christie
    Godfather - Mario Puzo
    Shogun – James Clavell
    HP7 – Rowling
    Aztec – Garry Jennings

I realise that is 6, but i couldnt stop myself. And there was a bunch of fantasy works I didnt really include. It would take far too much time. xD

Favourite animus include stuff I watched as a little one, like Dragonball/Z, pokemon, Digimon and Escaflowne and others like Cowboy bebop, Samurai Champloo, Peacemaker Kurogane and Samurai 7, FMA and Trigun. You may notice they all inhabit a similar genre. >_>;

I cant really narrow it down any further, there is more stuff i like and would consider favourites but there you go. My anime watching habits are not very large. I probably only watch max 2/3 series a year. And thats after careful consideration. Im not even sure why as there is stuff i do like to watch but just dont, its probably how im wired.

My favourite mango...I will stick with a simple top 5 (in no chronological order) it is:

Onepiece
    Slamdunk
    Vinland Saga
    Vagabond
    Ikigami

A surprising amount of that is Seinen, but this time i did limit myself to 5. Although that list will probably change by tomorrow (not the first two however), so, its only a snapshot, i suppose, of what i like.

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Hey, Impy!

What kind of job do you hope to have after you graduate from college?
    Riki

Im thinking of doing my masters after i graduate, though whether I do that straight after I graduate or a couple of years later will depend on my financial situation at the time. Once i do eventually finish my studies though, i intend to go to the far east and teach english for a couple of years and travel. Im debating whether to get my CELTA now or later, but yea, teach english for a couple of years then maybe settle down into a dreary computer related profession.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Yo impy in 30 words explain how you feel towards me.
    Well i think you're funny and fun to talk to, but your strong fascination with all things bananas is disturbingly weird. Is that 30, i dont think it is, er...You have good taste, and i find we usually like similar things and dislike similar things, so thats a plus. Oh and of course, you’re able to take a joke and you have a good sense of self depreciating humour, which is awesome. Now then, like the FF, you've been exiled from this thread, get out. :<

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    So according to your thread title, you're crying and happy at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    Maybe he's crying because his stomach is hurting from so much laughter
    Crying from laughter because of football. :’D All of it to do with liverpool and their transfer dealings. Especially with what they were paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I can't belive my eyes!!

How are you?Are you happy or are you crying?
    Favourite football team?
    Favourite manga ever?
    Favourite anime ever?

Fine and dandy. Im happy and crying…from the laughter caused by the happiness.

Arsenal in the domestic game. Internationally…I try and stay loyal to England but its quite hard to go from watching brilliance to utter rubbish. It hurts the eyes you see.

Or were you taking about American football? In that case I support the Deimon Devil Bats. It’s a shame we didn’t make the superbowl this year but we’ll definitely get their next year though!

My favourite manga ever has to be between Slam Dunk and One piece. Maybe that comparison is a bit unfare since one of them is still unfinished and can’t really be judged fully but…there you go.

Favourite anime has to be between a couple. I don’t have an outright favourite. I said more about it in answer to cuh……>.>;….mblitz question.

Quote Originally Posted by lordHokage View Post
    Welcome to the zone. I think you need a bug spray for that certain bug. Best wishes on your studies and what types of books are you interested in.

Take care, lordHokage.
    Thanks.

Do you mean by genre? Well in fiction there are a couple. One of them is detective fiction but more specifically the Golden Age of detective fiction. They are books usually written in the late 19tch century to the early-mid 20th century. That timeline is when many authors made the classic whodunits into an art form. From people like Conan Doyle to Agatha Christie, they are works of absolute genius. I sometimes think they were also an earlier version of CSI, a way for the man to tell the public, “don’t think about it because you’re not going to get away with it”.

I also read a lot of fantasy, the usual. More swords, more magic, more likely i will read it. But whats weird is, I have an aversion to Sci-fi even though they are closely related. Sci fi is not my thing, even though I do enjoy to some of the stuff (Enders game comes to mind), I never go out of my way read it.

The last major genre which I love reading is historical fiction. Its also probably the only genre in which I’m willing to read the books with an open mind. By that I mean, I have a habit of prejudging a book just by the blurb. For example if a fantasy book is set in a world with magic and war, and a young man/group have to go on a journey to find a item/power to help the world of good and defeat the evil tyrant. Yea…im going to facepalm and prejudge it. But with historical fiction I don’t know why, I just read it without have any prejudices about it. Maybe because ive been bitten too many times when i thought a book would be average but turned out to be a masterpiece.

With non-fiction, i stick with stuff related to foreign and international relations. My favourite books in that genre, are probably The European Dream by Jeremy rifkin, Clash of civilizations by Huntington and Inside the Kingdom by Robert Lacey. The last is maybe not strictly in that area but its still encompasses parts of it and is a damn awesome book! Other non-fiction stuff i like to read is trashy autobiographies by celebrities about their lives and them going crazy.
    Last edited by Imperium; February 02, 2011 at 07:36 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

How often do you play football ? if yes, which position do you like ? I personally like the midfield kinda like xavi style : D

Fifa or pro ?
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I use to play a lot then i f'ed up my leg, it doesnt really hurt much anymore but i rarely play nowadays. =/ It depends, fiveaside anywhere really, full pitches (which was rare) probably CM like you said (more mascherano than xavi sadly though ).

Fifa or Pro? Ahh the question the world has been asking since the dawn of time. I've always been pro man, and it helped that Konami released games that were so far above anything the competition could even contemplate, they released a 10/10 game every single year. I was amazed by pro, it shaped how i looked at football. It was the be all and end all of football games for me. Nothing came close to it. But everything changed after pro 6, when the released pro 2008. I remember Fifa 08 coming out first i was amazed, EA stop trying to make a gimmicky arcade game, it was in fact brilliant. But I still looked forward to pro 08, afterall, if fifa got that good it only made sense pro had to be better because pro is always better. Right, Right? It was worse, i ended up playing fifa for the rest of the year. The next year was the same, as was the next and so was this one. It feels like a betrayal, but hopefully pro will go back to its spot at the top. But as of now, it is fifa.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

That was more than 30 words

As chef Ramsay would say "YOU FAILED MISERABLY"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member After_Image's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did this remind me of you?

Spoiler show

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Impy made a thread!! Finally! (More like I finally come and post here. )

You make freakishly long replies.

Now for the overused colour questions. (And just to annoy Bugz...)
    Favourite colour?
    Black or white?
    Red, yellow or blue?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Eww, Impy has a thread now. Gross!

New Reply
Page 1 of 84 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast