Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Question:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v18/c110/17.html

Whos arm is that guy holding to power up the 3 Ranked 1s?

Priscilla's

In a flashback it shows the "divorce" scene between Raki and Priscilla in Ticheri town. Raki ends up with Priscilla's arm impaled fully inside his back, as "hunchback" Raki would be kinda conspicious to Dae and his Retrieval Unit BCs lol, which is the source of what is protecting him from the two small projectiles from the hellcats in his left shoulder. There's a debate about it. Most people think Priscilla did it to save Raki, I'm not so sure, wondering if Priscilla was actually trying to kill him (remember how Priscilla killed Riful? and why the back...from behind... him??)... however my view has serious issues with it, lol, but so does the view of Priscilla trying to save Raki too, at least to me anyways.

when Raki is back at the HQs or the secret Lab in northern Sutare in the mtns or some other facility, lol, Dae's Retrieval units chain Raki up and take off his shirt... ahhh so that's how Raki was resisting the two small projectiles in his left shoulder... Dae arrives later and the Retrieval Unit BCs show Dae Raki's back.

the arm is removed from Raki's back, and Dae tosses the arm on the ground during the "council meeting" demanding who's arm this belongs to, as it's power level is beyond anything they have ever encountered.

which is a shock to us the readers, Yagi sure surprised us, as Rubel had actually kept Priscilla's existence entirely secret from the other BCs (my view), though there's a debate into the details, and many people disagree to varying degrees and with further details too, which I haven't mentioned/explained about. Many people feel that only Awakened Priscilla's existence has been kept hidden from the BCs, which counters my view... that Priscilla was Rubel's secret project, and her entire existence was unknown to the other BCs, hehe

(I'm still having trouble with a "normal fully human" Raki being able to survive with Priscilla's arm fully impaled into his back... lol.... he can't be human!!!! :P)

----------------------------

if you want/need/can't find the source(s), chapter(s) and page(s), for this, let me know, and I'll get them for you
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 03, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore Data Books 1 and 2 have quite a bit of detail about Priscilla both as a warrior and Awakened Being. So from the Org standpoint, someone knows a lot about Priscilla (which makes Dae's ignorance surprising).

Louvre (Rubel) no doubt has his secret arrangements among the personnel of the Org (like feeding info/disinfo to Miria as the Ghosts guessed in Lacroix). Louvre may not be the only enemy agent either in the Org. Other Men-in-Black and even Claymores could be involved, so anything, including HegemonKhan's hypothesis about Louvre-Priscilla, is possible.

Of course a more pedestrian explanation about Dae's lack of knowledge of Priscilla is simply the Powers-that-be in the Org are covering up a major snafu. The general lack of gossip about Priscilla within and outside the Org is rather inexplicable and hard to account for. Even No. 6 Miria is more famous.

One question everyone: does Louvre have anything to do with the Claymore rebellion, as well as Miria's survival at Org HQ? The two do have an implied previous relationship.

All possibilities are on the table!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 03, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

link directly to my ~full Rubel "notes" (hehe, you'll need a BC's life span, have fun reading!):

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...37&postcount=7

(click on the spoiler button if you dare! muhahaha!)

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Priscilla: like the Edgar Allen Poe's "Purloined Letter", sometimes the best way to keep something secret is to have it in plain sight. The Org's Claymore Data Books make it appear Priscilla is simply a more powerful than average Awakened Being that simply "flew away somewhere" (the books don't give data on the three Abyssal Ones---their power beyond measurement?).

Between Org personnel covering up the Teresa disaster and Priscilla's ability to hide her Yoki, the real secret may be no secret at all.

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    Awwwww, I love Poe! one of the BEST writers of all time!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 03, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Reason:
    All three rank#1 have no physical deficiency. Teresa has no head, because its been used to turn Clare into a Claymore.

Therefore:
    Teresa w/o Head = Rank 1 w/ deficiency
    Was it said anywhere that they used the entire head to create Clare? They might have just used a small piece.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Dae. If Dae only needs that child-sized arm to make three Abyssal Ones, you may be right.

And to everyone here: I hope we trust our ability to discern what's happening in Claymore. We've always had all the information we need. It's inside you, so don't let anyone try to convince you they were keeping for you, and you had to go visit inside their head for what's "true." Over-consensus is not a good thing. And if we weren't friends, I wouldn't be telling you that, would I?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

we don't even know if they used Teresa's head for Clare.

(but in my "common sense/logic/rational", why would they show Clare carrying Teresa's head and holding it up to Rubel, if the BCs/Rubel/Dae was just going to use Teresa's headless body anyways to implant into Clare, and not use her head? So, that's why I feel they must have used Teresa's head for Clare. However we don't know what they used in regards to Teresa's head. As all we get is "flesh and blood". However, we know that when a NY eats a human's brain they receive that human's mental stuff, so the brain is indeed important and unique. But, we are also shown that the brain isn't required as well, Priscilla's arm where obviously no brain is involved lol. Though personally.. into taking these things into account, I'd say we're dealing with many different processii, in one process the brain is implanted into a human, such as with Clare, giving us the possible "Teresa still being alive and/or lending Clare her-Teresa's power level" in Clare. Where as we know, see below, that Priscilla's arm's yoki is being used to infuse yoki into the three dead rank 1 Claymores in order to "re-animate" them or whatever the process, lol. I'd say there's 4 creations processes/types: (1) Claymores+AFs where the flesh is implanted into them, but the AFs involve other stuff too. (2) These re-animated corpse dolls where the yoki from Yoma flesh, priscilla's, is infused/pumped into them. (3) Destroyer/ABs/AOs as doesn't need to be described. (4) Lastly, "Clare" the unique/experimental Claymore, with another Claymore's flesh implanted into her instead of a NY's or an Awakened's)

however, we do know that Dae said he can only make 3 "monsters/creations" with Priscilla's arm, and I'm just finally putting "2 and 2 together"... at this moment...

Priscilla's arm = 3 creations

3 dead rank 1 Claymores having yoki pumped into them by those tentacle-tubes, as Dae said as part of the process, ~"filling them up with yoki".

so.... putting them together...

the yoki from Priscilla's arm can be pumped into 3 beings (the 3 dead rank 1 Claymores), and we see just that, 3 dead rank 1 Claymores being pumped full of yoki.

this finally opens up the sealed door on ALL of the Org's creations....

not only do they somehow make Claymores/AFs and maybe (or maybe not) NYs, but they can inject yoki into them...

so... this can indeed finally be the explaination of Teresa/Priscilla vs Clarice...

Godly powerful Teresa/Priscilla was created by either powerful Yoma flesh or powerful yoki was pumped into her, whereas weak Clarice was created by either weak Yoma flesh or weak yoki was pumped into her!!!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 03, 2011 at 09:34 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Until we actually see the process of creating a Claymore and other entities, we can only hypothesize. Is it physical science? Magic? Both? Clare does speak of the Yoma transplant as an infection. Perhaps Clarice body resisted the "infection," if indeed that's what it is.

The process of making Common Yoma, Awakened Beings, Abyss Eaters, Dae's current project and Claymores may be similar or dissimilar. The Yoki tubes of Dae's current project may be unique to the aspect of bringing a corpse back to life. Or not... I do wonder what the tubes are attached to, that is: what is the source of the Yoki? Any suggestions?

When Denevue and Co. attacked the Awakened Being factory, I was hoping we'd see more of the facility. It would have cleared up a lot of mysteries.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 03, 2011 at 11:24 PM.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member zushiko's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Who was Rubel referring to at page 5. The one with also gruesome death? I didnt quite get the page 14. Did those warriors use phantom speed? Can Miria be considered a #1 for now? (if so do you guys think she can battle those 3 #1's that will be revived?)

As I re-read chapter 106 and 107 I realized that those TAT's have more awareness than Alicia and Beth thats why I think they didnt kill Miria
    (one of the black coats said that they should have crushed their hearts when they were still young meaning that they are not most likely a robot)

About Raftela I dont think that she do such cooperate with Miria( if he was under Rubel then I would think so) but no. I dont think it was a staged act.
    Who was it that sensed the attack on the northern laboratories? I think it would be Raftela. Shes also a great sensor I think.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.....*
    Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    thrilled/excited

While Miria's survival was frakking awesome (she even has prawns working for her now XD), I'm a little disappointed with the convenience of completely "reviving" the former number ones. There just so happen to be three targets for the three abyssal ranks. Given the mangaka's effort to parallel Cassandra and Miria, the former will probably be the warrior sent to deal with Miria's group (additionally, parallels can be drawn between Cassandra and Miria's dead friend. The latter showed her character by sacrificing herself after awakening, rather than attack former comrades. Cassandra had the discipline to resist fully awakening with 126 wounds, which easily could have been healed by the defense mechanism of awakening). That leaves us with a guessing game for the other two targets. Based on names, I'm hoping for Three-Armed Licht for Deneve's team and Sistina the Divine Oracle for Rabona.

@Hegemon
    Given Miria's gambling nature, I wouldn't really be surprised if this conversion was part of her plan. She did insist on going alone, whereas allies would have complicated such a delicate attack. Even so, I doubt she would have predicted her own "martyrdom." That is, she was ultimately surprised by the mind manipulation of number 10. The conversion would also increase the number of viable teams at the ghosts' disposal, allowing for the multiple, overwhelming assaults we saw in this last chapter. However, I doubt anyone else was intimately involved in the plan. She's usually not very forthcoming with her schemes, and Rubel is fairly repulsive to all the ghosts that know him. While one could say that Miria's scheme was all part of his strategy to eliminate the organization (that is, he predicted her actions and employed the necessary prodding), the idea that Rubel and Miria were actively exchanging their game plans is a bit silly.

p.s. The real question is, will the anyone be reviving Teresa? Dae said he was reviving the three strongest, implying Teresa would be among the three. Whereas Cassandra was hacked to bits, Teresa's kinda missing some pieces that were used for Clare's hybridization. That is, even with Priscilla's power, I don't think Dae can completely regenerate missing heads. Although, the twisted desires of Clarscilla could ultimately result in a resurrected Teresa (they'd just need someone to throw the rest of the body parts at the "egg?"). Priscilla did say she wanted to fight that warrior again. Wait, would that be a way to return Clare to being human? Wait, couldn't the mangaka bring back Raphaela and Luciela as well? There are too many bloodlines mixed in that "egg."

p.p.s. This chapter makes awakened Priscilla even more frightening than we may have imagined. Whereas she easily pwned everything in her path in the West, Dae's experiment indicates that she has enough power to revive and awaken three deceased abyssal ranks with a single, severed limb.

p.p.p.s. Some mean-spirited "angel" needs to bring Isley back. There's still a hand!!!!! XD
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 04, 2011 at 03:15 AM. Reason: changed his orgasmed to thrilled/excited
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamie:

1. implantation and surgerical scars -> somewhat scientific/medical <- virii/bacterii <- infections/mutations as well

obviously the yoki is magical (Force-like from Star Wars, as in it can do nearly anything) but it can be somewhat scientific too:

Electrical-Chemical (E-C) energy for Human body (muscle) movement (google neurons, nerve cells, soma, dendrites, receptor sites, axon tubes, and etc) ~ Yoki energy for Yoma body movement.

2. I mentioned this in my first post for this thread, but here's the comments/questions again:

does anyone else think that the cave looks alive/living? are those tubes... or tentacles? what about the walls of the cave, does anyone think it looks like there's "souls" trapped in the walls, like we saw with the Destroyer's body?

are they inside a Dragon, Destroyer, god-Awakened, "mother"-Awakened (source/birther of Yoma), or something else? as, you said, where is that yoki transported in those tubes/tentacles coming from?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by zushiko View Post
    Who was Rubel referring to at page 5. The one with also gruesome death? I didnt quite get the page 14. Did those warriors use phantom speed? Can Miria be considered a #1 for now? (if so do you guys think she can battle those 3 #1's that will be revived?)

As I re-read chapter 106 and 107 I realized that those TAT's have more awareness than Alicia and Beth thats why I think they didnt kill Miria
    (one of the black coats said that they should have crushed their hearts when they were still young meaning that they are not most likely a robot)

About Raftela I dont think that she do such cooperate with Miria( if he was under Rubel then I would think so) but no. I dont think it was a staged act.
    Who was it that sensed the attack on the northern laboratories? I think it would be Raftela. Shes also a great sensor I think.
    1. Miria

2. what warriors are you refering to? (I'm confused). Only Miria can do the Phantom Step, but that doesn't mean that she's the fastest.

3. it's hard to say if Miria is at a rank 1 level or not, as Clare herself said that AO rank 1 Riful would tear her apart. Miria and Clare are ~ equal in power level, without getting into a debate

back in the Pieta Battle, Miria's Phantom Steps were just at Rigardo's base speed. HOWEVER, Rigardo was NOT using his full power on Miria. Only Partially Awakened Clare faced Rigardo's full/true power level, including his speed
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 04, 2011 at 03:35 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see Yagi come back out from a good Vacation. The story is getting better and intense. After reading this chapter, I feel like I'm back to reading the good old Claymore status again.

Love the comeback of Miria and her new comrades. I would like the next episode to do a little explaining on who helped her and how she got all the newer Claymore to revolt. I bet it's #3 and #5 who probably knew of this and helped her out first after the bloody slashes.

Still curious to see the 3 super claymore coming out. Would be nice to see Teresa again. Wonder what Clare will say or do.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Every body.

But my question is, did Organization had recovered Teresa body? They didn't know about Irene / Ilene, who survived Priscilla attack, and what We only know for sure is that, that Clare took Teresa head. And We don't either know, that the bodies of other 2 Claymores where recovered? Maybe Rubel know something about this, but for Me, I rather doubt that one form the resurrected Claymore will by Teresa.

Thank you all Have a good weekend

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In Scene 110, page 15 (missing on most manga sites, but Mangastream has it), Chief Klimt (Rimuto) tells Dae at the Council meeting that Dae's asking rhetorical questions as Dae himself inspected the bodies of the former No. 1 warriors. Smiling Teresa was one of the mentioned eight warriors in the previous discussion.

Good observation, HegemonKhan-san! The "Yoki cavern" does look like the inside of an organism. Reminds me of the art of the great Swiss surrealist H.R. Giger (Alien). And what is the cavern made of? To repeat your list: a trapped mass of human souls, the inside of a Yoma, Destroyer or dragon entity---the possibilities are endless.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 04, 2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie95403 View Post
    In Scene 110, page 15 (missing on most manga sites, but Mangastream has it), Chief Klimt (Rimuto) tells Dae at the Council meeting that Dae's asking rhetorical questions as Dae himself inspected the bodies of the former No. 1 warriors. Smiling Teresa was one of the mentioned eight warriors in the previous discussion.
    Hello

Yes, I know, and thank You for that opinion, but He then tell that there were many others Claymore No. 1 that died in non awakening state.

But He does not say, that they posses those exactly bodies or not.

Simply when some Claymore or Elders where there to retrieve bodies, I think that they should found Irene / Ilene. In reminiscence She told Clare, that She Was unconscious for long time before regeneration. For Claymore traveling fast on long distances is not a problem

Have a good evening

25. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast