Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Old_Mate's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

In regards to the next chapter, the organisation is going to need some kind of defence against the mass of Claymores gathered (and ready to revolt) at their HQ. The obvious reply, given the recent chapter, would suggest that the organisation will fast track the three corpses into action. However, given the short transition since Daae’s warning, resurrecting the corpses in the next chapter will most likely lead to the creation of more abyssal ones.

Creating weapons that you have no control over seems kind of dumb, unless of course it’s only done as a last ditch effort for survival, or perhaps you already have some kind of counter measure in place to handle the problem. Therefore, if the organisation deems it necessary to resurrect these corpses prematurely, (in order to defend against the claymore revolt), I think they will only resurrect one of the corpses. This corpse will probably be used as a delaying tactic until they can gain control over the other two corpses.

Given the fact we’ve already been given the name of one of the corpses and not the other two, I would guess that Cassandra will probably be the first former number one corpse to be put into action (This way the suspense over who the other two zombies are can be dragged out for a bit longer). Also, if Cassandra’s Priscilla enhanced zombie body is anything like her living body, even cutting her 126 times won’t kill her for several hours. This in theory will give the organisation time to gain control over at least one of the other corpses. And if need be, this corpse can be used to destroy the Abyssal Cassandra once she's finished having fun with the Claymores and starts attacking the organisation. However, if that really will be the organisation’s plan, I doubt things will go that smoothly for them, especially with their reliance on a weapon of mass destruction that they can't control, and factors such as Miria's presence on the battlefield and the cavalry due to arrive from the research facility some time in the future.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What you say would be the logical and sensible thing to do, but Dae is not in political control of the situation. Between him and Chief Klimt is at least one other Org bureaucrat and perhaps others above Dae, who have priorities other than a perfectly working, controlled, resurrected warrior.

Klimt said earlier that the warriors would be destroyed at the sign of the slightest problem, though we have yet to see how this would be done.

Dae could be forced to release all three Abyssal Ones prematurely, whether he has full control or not. All of this of course would be plot complications deemed necessary by Yagi himself.

As you say, it's doubtful that things will go smoothly for the Org. If things go right with the new Abyssal Ones, Dae's superiors will get the credit. If not, we know who will get the blame!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 13, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Old_Mate's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you’re probably right.

To me, the organisation seems to be losing a lot of resources lately, so I was just wondering how they were going to reaffirm their position in regards to the rest of the island. Having control of their own Abyssal one did seem like a good start.

I did forget the comments of Klimt back in chapter 110. After re-reading them, I wonder if he was referring to disposing the specimens before they were resurrected. However, if his comment was directed at his ability to dispose of the resurrected specimens after one of them had lost control, the organisation must be in a lot better shape than I give them credit for. Sure they may have some more abyssal eaters, but to dispose of these new abyssal ones (that more than likely will be more powerful than the last ones) I guess the men in black would probably have to have a few more trump cards hidden up their sleeves (And knowing them, they do).

At any rate I guess we can look forward to a bit of carnage for both sides in the next few chapters. Men in Black or Claymore, these new Abyssal Ones aren't going to care who their ripping apart.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason, I don't think that Priscilla's arm will factor into the resurrection of the three former number ones. Recall from Chapter 96 that the dead remains of an Awakened has very little use to Dae. At best he can create another mindless Abyssal Feeder but nothing of any greater worth. He was seeking to acquire a live infectious rod from the Destroyer.

I think it's the rods in Raki's shoulder that will reanimate the former number ones, in the same manner as that of Dauph. I believe Priscilla commented on this. She had thought him dead and realized that the Destroyer rods had revitalized him.

Also from Miria's death, am I reading way too much into this but I see a parallelism between her demise and that of Jesus Christ. Lengthen the resurrection period to months instead of days. As Jesus was killed by the will of his own, although physically conducted by Pontius Pilate. Miria was killed by her fellow warriors. However, what were the sins for which she died, killing their own fellow warriors as they awoke?

ws
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Though not personally religious, I do appreciate how deeply seeped the world of Claymore is in Western religious imagery and symbolism, ranging from ancient Greek-Roman civilization to the current Christian churches.

From the Claymore Wikia:

But Claymore names alone are striking. They appear to fit five categories:

* Actresses: Deneuve, Dietrich, Uma, Natalie, Keira
    * Goddesses: Teresa, Irene, Eva, Flora, Nina, Uma, Deanna, Nike
    * Princesses: Alicia, Beth, Audrey, Renee, Anastasia, Queenie, Helen, Claudia
    * Saints: Teresa, Agatha, Sophia, Jean, Veronica, Lucia, Keira
    * Warriors: Hilda, Jean, Raftela, Zelda, Karla, Matilda, Nike, Clare ("Clare" does not have a warrior etymology or history, but is a homophone for the Scottish-Gaelic word for "sword")

Even some of the names not in the goddess or saint categories can be found in either or both categories with a little research.

Also found on the net:
    ALCESTOS OF EURIPIDES CRUCIFIED, 600 B.C.
    The "English Classical Journal" (vol. xxxvii.) furnishes us with the story of another crucified God, known as Alcestos -- a female God or Goddess; and in this respect, it is a novelty in sacred history, being the first, if not the only example of a feminine God atoning for the sins of the world upon the cross. The doctrine of the trinity and atoning offering for sin was inculcated as a part of her religion.

Is Miria Alcestos?

Alcestos was also the name of an ancient Greek princess. Not certain if both are one and the same. Nonetheless, there really is five thousand years of Western civilization behind Yagi's series.

Is Claymore a religious allegory? Spiritual? Metaphysical? Philosophical? I hope we all gain what we can from the series and grow within. There is no wrong interpretation!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 13, 2011 at 06:04 PM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Also from Miria's death, am I reading way too much into this but I see a parallelism between her demise and that of Jesus Christ. Lengthen the resurrection period to months instead of days. As Jesus was killed by the will of his own, although physically conducted by Pontius Pilate. Miria was killed by her fellow warriors. However, what were the sins for which she died, killing their own fellow warriors as they awoke?

ws
    Hello

Hym... quite interesting point of view, and it takes Me a lot of to think about this subject You started.

First of all on island, except Rabona / Labona, We hadn't seen any kind of religion or believes. And that one in Rabona looks like Christianity in mid XIV, XV century. Cathedral looks like French one, people where baptized with water, and soldiers looks like Knights from Crusade. Perhaps maybe it is even monotheism? Even emblems was quite similar. The rest of villagers, cities, towns have some kind of mythology, for example story about Clare and Teresa, but there is no any clearly conception about religion.

And second, time of Mirias resurrection... We know that she is an offensive type of warrior, so Her regeneration abilities are weak. She get very hard beating, so hard that She was admitted to be dead. She were kept somewhere in secret, and She can not use Her Yoki power to heal, to not betray Her location, so in this circumstances She must be treated like normal human. Bandages, some disinfections, some food and water. Yomas power of immunological system. In that times (about mid XIV XV century) without antibiotics with that kind of wounds She would die on septet in about 4 to 8 days. (Yes, yes, I know but it is my work perversion ) Also this scar on Her face, We did not see rest of Her body (what a pity... :P ), but maybe due this "traditional" method of healing She has scars everywhere, when wounds was enough deep to not heal completely? And maybe She had also some stitches? Or Was treaded with hot oil? This old fashioned Middle Ages ways of healing.... Those who dies on battlefield Was really lucky ones :P

So one month in this state to recover enough to fight again... It is a true Miracle! And Everybody Was shocked with that

Have a nice day

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ah, this is something I've exmined a bit, hehe

(brief quick-write by me, I'll have to scour my notes to see if I have more detail to provide at another time)

The Great Mysteries of the Island:

Religion: God of Rabona

The Rabona Holy City seems to be the theocratic-secular capitol of the island, like Rome/Vatican City, of old Europe or the Roman Empire or still today in terms of catholics.

The Organization:

They too use religious terminology and have a religious-like structure somewhat (though maybe it's just because it works so well to control/manipulate their "subjects/creations/the people", lol), especially in recent chapters, to kill the "heathen" rebel Claymores/Ghosts. Ermita replying to Galatea when they were spying on the "Spiderman"/"Purifier" male AB battle : "Think of it as a parent looking out for his children" (which is often referenced to a shepard taking care of sheep), and "I didn't recall saying monsters were my children". Obviously, though the BCs don't believe in any kind of religion, lol, they just use its "vices" for politics, structure, control, and manipulation. "The rightious Crusading Claymores vanquishing the evil Yoma for the human-people of the island"

"Cult": Twin Goddesses of Love: Goddess Teresa and Goddess Clare

The mysterious worship of the Twin Goddesses of Love, Goddess Teresa and Goddess Clare. Only references to it is Teresa, the unnamed town in the manga (in the anime, it's called Hanel town) with the statues and the siblings (boy and girl - who could be young Dietrich - but there's issues), and that how it is mentioned that most people seem to know/worship these Goddeses.

---------------------------------------

to me, this possible seems similar to a great old-classic game series, Breath of Fire ~ 1-4 (BoF ~ 1-4), where you had the main religion of the church-god (spoilers involved, so I can't explain, hehe), and the old-ancient religion that worpshiped the dragon god, which has dwindled into a small cult of followers.

I kinda see this "Twin Goddesses Love" being an ancient religion/worship, which unlike the BoF series, remains very popular amongst the people, while the newer God of Rabona religion isn't quite as popular amongst the people.

-------------------------------------------------

(I'm probably going to mix some anime only stuff into this, but meh, one of the bad things about having watched the anime, lol, you confuse its content with the manga's content)

what is interesting is that the God of Rabona religion and the worship of the Goddesses Teresa and Clare seem separate.

that then gets us to how and what are these "Twin Goddesses of Love, Goddess Teresa and Goddess Clare" and how/why did they come to be? what's the story behind this/them? (do note that we are NOT talking about Claymore Teresa and Claymore Clare).

in the cathedral or other buildings in Rabona, we see a glass panel of a male human seemingly striking down a female Claymore (I think, I'll have to go back and look at it), which is very intriguing.

Were Claymores on the island before 100 years ago when supposedly the Org showed up?

and who are these Goddesses, Teresa and Clare? if they were Claymores, why are they being revered now, when the glass panel shows them being speared to death?

Also, in Pieta there was some kind of statue as well (behind Miria as she assigned the teams, lol), but I couldn't make it out at all, if it was religious or of a figure/being, or not and something else instead.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 14, 2011 at 06:03 PM.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh god, I hope Yagi is okay with the Tsunami that hit Japan.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regeneration is an advanced/high level Yoma Ability that requires a minimum Power Level threshold and requires/drains a lot of yoki for each use. Regeneration seems to be less "demanding" for defensive types, but offensive types CAN Regenerate too.

Rank 3 Offensive Type Awakened Dauf is probably the just above the Power Level needed for Regeneration, hehe. Rank 4 Offensive Type Claymore Ophelia could not Regenerate, however Awakened Ophelia could. Even rank 2 Offensive Type Irene could not Regenerate (not Claymore body parts anyways). But, Rank 1 Offensive Type Rafaela could Regenerate even the difficult eye body part. Rank 3 Defensive Type Galatea could Regenerate. Rank 40 Defensive type Claymore Yuma could not Regenerate her arm on her own, needing rank 14 Defensive Type Claymore Cynthia's help. Even Ghost Yuma could not Regenerate her foot that Clare cut off, Cynthia again had to help. However, Ghost Yuma could help Regenerate nearly Cynthia's entire body, then Deneve's arm, and "stabilize" Deneve's yoki as well (Go Yuma! Yuma Power! hehe). Rank 15/19 Defensive Type Claymore Deneve could probably not Regenerate, until she became a powerful HA. Also, Ghost HA Deneve could Regenerate her arm or body multiple times, whereas HA Deneve could only Regenerate her body a few times at most. Rank 22 Offensive Type HA Helen could not Regenerate, However, according to Deneve, Ghost HA Helen seems to have gotten powerful enough to Regenerate, but the eye was beyond her ability to do so, and so they rushed over to Cynthia to have her help Helen Regenerate her eye. Most Awakeneds, even Offensive Type ABs, are powerful enough to be able to Regenerate. However, even AOs, who could Regenerate are unable to Regenerate if they don't have enough yoki left, so this is direct proof that Regeneration requires a high yoki amount just to use/do it that single time (and thus Regeneration requires a being with high Power Level).

Miria:

we do see her "healing" up her stomach and stomach hole (like Clare does in chapter 1 or 2), after Clare saves her from being tongle-fondled-tortured by the "Spiderman"/"Purifier" male AB, however we don't know if that's basic Healing or Regeneration. So, maybe HA Miria (and/or Claymore Clare) could already Regenerate, or not. We don't know.

We also don't know if current Ghost HA Miria is now powerful enough to Regenerate or not as well.

I found one of my notes about Regeneration (Yay!):

I think (actually I know) this (offensive types can't regenerate) is incorrect. Here's why:

1. The manga never says that offensive types can't regenerate, only that it is harder (My theory: requires more yoki) for them to do so, and easier (My theory: requires less yoki) for defensive types to do so.

2. Ophelia (at the bottom of the river against Clare, before Irene shows up) and Irene (in her chat with Clare during their training of the Quick Sword in the crater-shaped mountain valley) gives us the only explanation about why there's offensive types and defensive types, and what they are.

According to Ophelia and Irene:

An offensive type Claymore is simply one whom cares more about killing their opponent then their own survival or life or "living to fight another day", and whom protects those they care about, indirectly, by trying to kill the one whom is attacking/threatened those that they care about.

A Defensive type Claymore is simply one whom cares more about their own survival or life or "living to fight another day" than anything else, and whom will directly try to protect others by defensively protecting them (like by parrying, blocking, stopping attacks against those others).

3. Offensive types can indeed heal, re-attach, and even regenerate too.

Regeneration can be done by offensive types: (proof below)

A. chapter 64 page 8. Rubel to Rafaela: "What's with that left eye? Even if you're an offensive type, you should be able to regenerate it."

B1. chapter 88 page 7. Deneve to Helen: "Retrieve your right hand! Start regenerating it right away, along with you eye!"

B2. chapter 88 page 25. Helen (an offensive type): "My arm's re-attached, but I'm having some trouble with this eye. I might not be able to regenerate it."

C. Even Dauf (an offensive type) can regenerate too.

D. The Abyssal Ones (offensive types) can regenerate too.

E. Priscilla can regenerate too. It is unknown whether Priscilla is an offensive type or defensive type, as she was determined to kill Teresa, even at the cost of her humanity and risked her life to do so as well, though obviously we've seen time and again, how Priscilla doesn't want to die also. Thus, we don't really know what type Priscilla is.

F. The Abyss Feeders/Eaters can regenerate as well.

G. Awakened Ophelia (an offensive type) could regenerate, whereas she said that she couldn't when she was still a Claymore.

4. Defensive types can indeed have sword techniques and use their yoki powers/abilities for offensive purposes.
    Audrey, a defensive type, has her "Gentle Sword" sword technique
    Galatea, a defensive type, can use her yoki to increase the rate at which her (offensive) power rises.

5. My theory about Regeneration:

Fact: When the Abyssal Ones use up too much of their yoki, they can not regenerate (and Riful and Luciela can't maintain their Awakened forms as well).

Therefore, Regeneration requires a certain amount of yoki. Since it is harder for offensive types to regenerate, it means that they need more yoki to regenerate, then defensive types do. Therefore, offensive types have to be more powerful in order to regenerate then defensive types have to be.

Strong proof of this is that Awakened Ophelia (an offensive type) could regenerate, whereas she said (and she was probably was accurate/correct) that she couldn't when she was still a Claymore. As a Claymore, Ophelia didn't have enough power (or yoki) to be able to regenerate, and thus she thought (wrongly) that offensive types couldn't regenerate. However, in Awakening, Ophelia became much more powerful, and now she was powerful enough to be able to regenerate, and was going to do so if Clare hadn't killed her, despite being an offensive type.

Also we have (Awakened) Dauf, whom is just barely able to regenerate (taking him ~ weeks to months to do so). Dauf must just barely have enough power to regenerate. He's just above the "line" to regenerate or not.

Now look at offensive type Rafaela (rank 2, but whom has the same power level as rank 1 Abyssal One Luciela according to Rubel), whom can regenerate according to Rubel.

Also we got offensive type rank 22 Helen (whom is much more powerful due to being a HA and a Ghost), whom according to Deneve and Helen herself, is able to regenerate (but not her eye, lol).

Then, obviously we got the powerful Abyssal Ones, whom thus can regenerate.

Also, we got uber powerful Priscilla whom can regenerate.

Finally, we got the very powerful Abyss Feeders, whom can regenerate.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 14, 2011 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything here is presented as speculations only!

-------------------

Religion on the Island World of Claymore resembles the ancient period in Europe, when the old Celtic-Greek-Roman gods were either morphing or being replaced by Christianity. Some of the old gods became Christian saints, like the Celtic goddess, Bridgette. Or turned into witches, like the Russian Baba Yaga.

So for a time before the Middle Ages, both the old gods and Christianity co-existed.

Academic specialists have speculated that till the Bronze Age, all divinities were female. Allegedly, this had something to do with women's ability to give birth, which appeared to prehistoric men as the ultimate magic trick. Between the last Ice Age and modern era, the Arctic was much warmer. Ultima Thule and Hyperborea were a highly populated reality.

So supposedly a class of Arctic Circle female shamans became the religious leaders of human society.

After these shamans died, supposedly they became goddesses. One such was Bridgette (sometimes rendered as Baba, Buddha, Bree, etc). The words breast, bosom, baby, (flower) bud, blossom, etc, may ultimately derived from this goddess (most etymologies disagree). Anyway, when humans began to work with metals seriously (Bronze Age), patriarchs overthrew the matriarchs. Bridgette, according to one theory, transgendered into Brahma in Indo-Iranian culture. And later morphing into Abraham and various male Buddhas (remember this is all speculation!).

But until Christianity took over the Ireland and Britain, Bridgette still existed, often as part of a trinity with other sister Celtic goddesses. When Romans visited Ireland, they found solar goddess trinities (for example: Bridgette, Sheila and Morgan).

I'm not aware of any twin goddesses (haven't looked yet), but in prehistoric Europe, from Ireland to Russia, these goddess trinities supposedly dominated human religious life.

Getting back to Claymore, the state of religion does resemble that transition state when Christianity replaced the old gods, many of which were matriarchal in origin. Which might have inspired Yagi in his creation of the twin goddess, Teresa and Clare.

In Scene 5, Father Vincent baptizes Clare and says, “I baptize you in the name of our Lord. What is the name of yours?” It sounds like the God of Rabona is a male. But also that the Church of Rabona respects and recognizes the reality of other gods (pretty tolerant church! Maybe I'll join :-).

I'd say the island is polytheistic, in general. All of the above is speculation only!

I hope Norihiro Yagi (Claymore) is safe and makes it through this tragedy. To repeat the words of one of his characters, Galatea, "I never believe in God, but for the first time I seriously feel like praying to the God of Rabona."
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 15, 2011 at 01:44 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamie95403
    I'm not aware of any twin goddesses (haven't looked yet), but in prehistoric Europe, from Ireland to Russia, these goddess trinities supposedly dominated human religious life.
    off the top of my head, there's: Gemini (but is male or asexual), Shakesphere's MacBeth's "weird witches/sisters" (3 of them), and the Greek Mythos' the Fates (3 of them), and there's of course all the dualities/adversarials as well (opposing supernatural beings or concepts/forces)

Quote Originally Posted by jamie95403
    In Scene 5, Father Vincent baptizes Clare and says, “I baptize you in the name of our Lord. What is the name of yours?” It sounds like the God of Rabona is a male. But also that the Church of Rabona respects and recognizes the reality of other gods (pretty tolerant church! Maybe I'll join :-)
    Clare answers with BC Rimuto from the land of Sutare, lol, or are BCs actually godly beings, and Rimuto is the top of the godly BC beings, or is it Rubel? hehe. (Greek Mythos) Chronos+Giants vs Zeus+Titans = Rimuto+Awakeneds vs Rubel+Half Awakens

-it was the code phrase that Father Vincent and the Org agreed upon, but Father Vincent was still taken aback as seen by his expression. Yes, it was his first time encountering a Claymore, but it might also have been because Clare thought of BC Rimuto as a god... and that was "words of heresy" towards the INtolerant God of Rabona religion of Father Vincent and the Rabona Holy City
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 14, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Found an article on twin divinities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_twins

In Scene 34, after Clare gives Lucky that “shut-up kiss,” and sends him on his way, she does, as Galatea, say a silent prayer. It appears that neither literally believe in divinities, but they figuratively wish their friends well. As I did in my last post. Even atheists say “Thank God” or “God damn it” without literally believing in a god.

As I posted elsewhere, Chief Klimt appears to me as an Medieval version of a CIA station chief in a third world country, running an intel-military operation. I doubt anyone working for the stuffed (empty) shirt thinks of him as divine, including the Men-in-Black and warriors (well, maybe Clarice, though I doubt even that).

Is Father Vincent an intolerant religious bigot? I hope not. I like the man. But I do tend to give everyone, both in real life and fiction, the benefit of the doubt.

Clare is simply using the Org as a venue for revenge. She doesn't really respect any of the Men-in-Black. Nor most of the Claymores, for that matter. She's a paradoxical personality, someone I can only describe as a misanthropic altruist, or altruistic misanthrope---take your pick. She doesn't really like people, but is willing to give her life for those same people. She's definitely not a one-dimensional character!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 15, 2011 at 02:14 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the rest of the city's populace/clergy are not:

Rubel: "No one of 'dubious' character is allowed"

Father Vincent was commiting a grave crime in secretly asking the Org for a Claymore to help them, that's why Clare was choosen, for the stealth, infiltration, seduction, "alias switching", and "ninja" abilities that Rubel taught her to have.

Father Vincent wasn't so "traditional", or at least he was more practical, and didn't let those "attitude-rules" get in the way of survival, as they needed a Claymore. So, he was somewhat tolerant of the "outside dubious characters/Claymores".

But the rest of the city, the people, the soldiers, and the clergy were still very intolerant.

though intolerant, isn't the exactly correct word here.... as Claymores aren't exactly human... tolerance towards other humans is one thing... tolerance towards a monster that at any time could Awaken and eat you is quite another... but than again... at any time... even your best human friend can attack and kill you too.... so meh... tough philosophical/moral/survival question-topic lol

-----------------------------------------

However, after Agatha, this intolerance was no more (at least not towards Claymores)

--------------------------------------------

Clare is complicated, because she's...

Clare = most "disturbed" character in the manga

Priscilla = most "insane or evil" character in the manga

Clare and Miria are actually the same...

Both want revenge (Clare=Priscilla and Miria=Org), but are willing to help those when they need it, over their revenge, as their revenge can always be put off for a bit longer, as it's (Org and Priscilla) not going anywhere, hehe.

However... initially...

Clare was like Rafaela... COLD and RUTHLESS, willing to kill anything between them and their goals (Clare=revenge on Priscilla for killing ehr beloved Teresa, and Rafaela=getting back her beloved older sister, Luciela), nearly decapitating Raki, lol. Killing her only friend Claymore Elena without hardly any emotion, though Raki did the crying and emotions for her (look to child Raki to see what Clare was feeling/thinking, hehe. It's the same for Deneve, look to Helen for what Deneve is feeling and thinking, until you learn Deneve's subtle body language, hehe).

Clare needed to become COLD and RUTHLESS to ahve any sliver of a chance against Priscilla... but then Clare met Raki... just as Teresa met Clare... and both Clare and Teresa softened up.... and which led to Teresa getting killed by Priscilla... and also Clare nearly had the exact same DEJA VU fate! Yagi is so awesome, what irony!!! Something/someone was preventing her from killing Priscilla, by taking away her power to do so, her Partial Awakening, leaving poor Clare crying and sobbing on the ground, about to be decapitated, just like her beloved Teresa was, by the same villain, priscilla! But than.... Deneve+Helen save Clare! Deneve+Helen, MY HEROES!!!!!!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 15, 2011 at 02:20 AM.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where to put this (the mods can move it elsewhere if they think it necessary), but I just now did a search for Yagi on this website:

http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/

Norihiro Yagi
    Status: Someone has received information that this person is alive
    description: He is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture.
    He's the author of Claymore.

I hope he really is all right.

-------------------------

Regarding the above remarks about Clare: I would disagree that Clare is “disturbed” or she needs to become “cold and ruthless.” That Clare felt nothing when she euthanized her best friend is a most unexpected hypothesis.

As Irene said to Clare in that hidden valley, "You already appear calm on the surface. But your real heart is a whirlpool of passion." I suspect that was true from the moment Clare met Teresa to now. Ruthless toward her foes, yes, demonstrative, no, but never “cold.”

But true victory for Clare will come when she finally conquers herself, not any numbers of enemies, including Priscilla. Strangely enough, Clare is halfway there.

To me, Clare stands alone uncorrupted, innocent, free of of dogma, of the opinions of “higher authority.” Stubborn? Yes. Except her obsession with Priscilla, Clare might not seek anything because there appears nothing worthy in her world for her spirit to seek. Clare's mind is plainly without want, without grasping for others' approval, power over others and the usual material things. A saint? Of course!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 15, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member colonywars's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    Regeneration is an advanced/high level Yoma Ability that requires a minimum Power Level threshold and requires/drains a lot of yoki for each use. Regeneration seems to be less "demanding" for defensive types, but offensive types CAN Regenerate too.
    Hello

Yes, I am agree with that, but Miria can not use Yoki to regenerate Herself without being found by Org on their playground, so the only logical explanation Her long recovery is normal human regeneration, and truncated arm without use of Yoki should merge a lot of time (not to mention vascular join operation, nerves, skin, bone, muscles, tendons, once again My work perversion )

Remember fight between Ophelia and Clare, when Clare almost immediately merged both legs, when use amount of Yoki, and how She was struggling doing that in "normal way".

But it is really does not matter, since She is OK and We will see what will this brings to action

And to jamie95403

Quote Quote:
    To me, Clare stands alone uncorrupted, innocent, free of of dogma, of the opinions of “higher authority.” Stubborn? Yes. Except her obsession with Priscilla, Clare might not seek anything because there appears nothing worthy in her world for her spirit to seek. Clare's mind is plainly without want, without grasping for others' approval, power over others and the usual material things. A saint? Of course!
    Like a Teresa Teresa also did not want anything, She did not use power to fun or glory, She Was stubborn on Her way, yet She obey orders. I think that Clare is really staring at that Sun which for Her Teresa was, that is way She has almost the same attributes of character. But Teresa except Bandits never has revenge in Her heart. And searching for revenge can really mess up in live.

Have a nice day

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast