Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jamie95403's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 113 Discussion/114 Predictions

Colonywars-san:

From the Gernot translation, Klimt tells Dae:

だがそれらの死は全て確認されている
    However, every one of their deaths has been confirmed
    全ての死体を改めたはずのお前が一番わかっているはずだ
    You should know that best, since you should have examined every one of their corpses

Their conversion is rather unspecific and all sorts of things can be inferred from it. So everyone, please speculate away!

Your questions are good ones, as it may be that one the reasons Dae choose "Bite the Dust" Cassandra and the other two warriors is because those corpses were the most complete.

As to the specific body-parts of the former No.1s recovered, that's not mentioned (hence the discussion about the fate of Teresa's corpse). As the Northern Campaign shown, proving who died or not is a tricky business. Apparently, the Org doesn't always bother to recover every warrior's body.

And in regards to the deaths of Teresa, Sophia and Noel, someone at the Org may have noticed only Irene's left arm was on that mountain (so the Org was alway looking for Irene ever after, though this is only speculation).

Second thoughts on Scene 113: rereading it, it occurred to me that since Alicia and Beth did awakened, and that it may have been observed/detected by the Org, the recall of all the active warriors back to HQ may have been based on a legitimate security concern and not a ploy by the Org (remember Luciela?).

But instead of the Black Ones, Miria showed up unexpectedly, who in turn probably didn't expect to see most of the active duty warriors there.

Further, it would be ironic if Dae's project backfired on the Org and the three new Abyssal Ones merely replaced the three old ones. The Claymore series could go on nearly forever...
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 04, 2011 at 05:25 PM.
    All possibilities are on the table...

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I think we're moving into the endgame. After the 3 are done, so will the Organization on the island be done. We'll still have the final showdown between Claire and Priss though, and hopefully going to the mainland.
    I wonder just what Dae is going to do to render the 3 controllable though?

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Master Dae's project may not be controllable (but that would be part of the plot).

The three former No. 1s were 50% Yoma, 50% human. With Priscilla's tissue, the human proportion would be diluted down to 25%. I can see control being an issue. The Org's record isn't always impeccable as we all know. But then the island is a testing ground.

If the warriors can avoid a Pieta II, we might see an endgame on the island. Or not. The unknown factor is the three new Abyssal Ones. Seeing how Miria alone took out the entire warrior contingent raises questions about the warriors' survival rate if Dae's project actually works.

We mustn't forget that Priscilla is more powerful than any of the three old Abyssal Ones. Combine her and the three former No. 1s and do the math. While the Ghosts have been getting more powerful, so have their adversaries. We've gone a long way from that "Voracious Eater" back in Rabona Cathedral. And even old Riffle.

Dae does makes the impression of a sort of Medieval Dr Strangelove.

Will it all end like "Avatar"? Or "Spartacus"? Opinions anyone?

I think we'd all like to see the Dragons in action, as well as the folks behind the Org, on the mainland.
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 04, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think the men in black have some kind of fighting ability? They give off this mysterious vibe and calmness at times. Id hope there would be some kind of revelation about their backstory or even better the Organazations.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner icybluz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah I don't think this is endgame at all. Like Jamie said, the island is a testing facility. The Org is just the opposing force in a much larger civil war going on. This is only them breaking out of the island, crippling the Org, and then finding out what larger foes lie beyond the Island.

If the 3 turn into Abyssal Ones, and all hell breaks loose, then we are in store for an even more exciting part 3 possible timeskip. Not forgetting Priscilla and Claire who are still trapped in the mass from the destroyer. when the both of them emerge though, I think Priscilla's power will be weakened and Claire's will be stronger.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The origin of the Men-in-Black, as well as other personnel of the Org, may be the unknown mainland (as implied by "Miria's Hypothesis" in Scenes 79 and 80).

We've all noticed the disfigurements on these gentlemen. The instructor in Extra Scene 4 has been blinded in one eye, for example. Perhaps we can speculate that combat veterans are being used to train and manage the warriors. Though it's also possible that some received their injuries from handling Yoma on the island. The broadswords and combat tactics taught the Claymores may have originated from fighting the Dragons on the mainland.

In Dae's case, his injuries might be the result of an experiment that went out of control.

Everyone please speculate away!
    Last edited by jamie95403; March 04, 2011 at 11:16 PM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Gernot's translation is out for those who haven't noticed. I really recommend reading his version, it makes this chapter better than it already is, seriously. It's amazing how much better this chapter has become with his translation. Now Claymore's decision looks more convincing plus there are many differences (for example the one on page 17 where numbers 1 and 2 are mentioned). Gernot's explanation about honorifics is also very useful, it gives a new perspective on who's who in the organization. Overall this translation just rocks.

Edit:
    Remember to thank him.
    Last edited by Goral; March 06, 2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: just click the green button

14. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I admit I was wrong in an earlier post about the warrior recall due to fears of the awakened Alicia and Beth attacking Org HQ (like Luciela). According to the Gernot translation, the recall was due to fears of Alicia and Beth not being around to protect HQ.

Also, honorifics in the dialogue clarified the actual status of Dae and Louvre in the Org, as Goral noted. And the interior monologue of the unnamed warrior is far more subtle and convincing than the molokidan translation. At least for myself, an improbable situation moves into the realm of the possible.

Now I wish I didn't post this. Is there a way to put up Goral's link to Gernot's translation as a sticky on the mainboard so everyone can see it?

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan
    I put it in the OP for this thread
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 06, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goral:

Thanks for the heads up on the translation. I sometimes forget to read Gernot's translations, which make more sense. He really clarified the last part where the Warriors stood in silence, unwilling to reveal a certain knowledge. On another site that featured the chapter release, it states that the warriors were unable to say "it" at that time. It wasn't "revolt" as the release led many of us to believe. It's that Miria was still alive. Also, Gernot's translation of why the Orgnization recalled the warriors completely differs from some releases. The one that I saw, read that Alicia and Beth were going to attack the Organization. Their disappearance makes far more sense. There were many Black Coats in Lautrec, they must have seen Alicia and Beth's remains.

Perhaps I'm grasping at straws and see a corrolation where none exists. However, I can't help but think that Cassandra's death has bearing on Miria. The manner by which Cassandra died mirrors that of Miria's "supposed demise." We already see that she bares heavy scars from the confrontation. I wonder if she still has her left forearm. I don't think she could have reattached it without the knowledge of the Org. unless Raftela assisted in the cover up. Maybe Tabitha will sense Miria's youki, unless the latter is still hiding it.

ws
    Last edited by wickedsmile; March 06, 2011 at 08:20 PM.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well any bodyparts that Miria is missing, I'm sure Tabitha will be willing to lend replacements.
    I do wish the translation by gernot had been out when I did my review as it does make several things much clearer.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Question:
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/claymore/v18/c110/17.html

Whos arm is that guy holding to power up the 3 Ranked 1s?
    That was Priscilla arm. She implanted her arm in Raki back so that he wouldn't get infected by the projectile.

Having Priscilla arm in his back, it was able to undo the infection.

I'm not sure why he wasn't infected after they pulled it out. Maybe the projectile was only to infect in a small window.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sci-Fi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

clare is probably having a mental war with prissy. they need her to beat the org. but that wont happen for awhile. the revolt vs the former no.1's will run take some time to tell.

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gernot for the trans and Goral for the heads up. It really goes to show how little changes in translation can change the story altogether. While I still think the story suffers from too much deus-ex-machina, the chapter is a much better read now. It'll be interesting to see whether the next chapter will give us the Miria flash-back, or whether we'll get it after they meet up with Deneve's group. I'm personally hoping for the latter.

I doubt the whole 'lets convert them all to allies' was Miria's plan from the start. The odds were just... non-existent, but it'll be interesting to see how Yagi pieces it all together.

And I'm hoping the flashback will show us more about HQ itself. Why, for example, do they have those weird cave-like houses? I never bothered asking that question because it didn't seem to matter, but I always wondered... They must have stashed Miria in some hidden cave... And perhaps Miria stashed some proof in one of those caves years and years ago... I could see Yagi taking that turn...

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ruhina's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Miria rocks!!! My only question is why did even the two Alicia/Beth copy-cats not deal any killing blows? They don't even have enough emotions to be swayed like that.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The TATs (Trainee Awakening Twins) actually do have emotions still, unlike Alicia+Beth, well until the Infection Ability from the huge projectile impaled into Beth broke the Org's Seal upon their emotions, hehe.

New Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast