Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    read raw here
    download raw here
    Last edited by repme; February 03, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Peru
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    i noticed 4 things in chapter 47:

    - Irie let atobe get the last point for whathever reason.
    -Sanada lost and eye and sill look badass.
    - Tanishi lost weight.
    - Mummy Inui is back!.

    thats all

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    I thought Irie fares low on stamina according to his player statistics? But he was able to continue until 187-187?

    If this was real life, the players would have been crippled by now. ^^

  4. #4
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    I thought Irie fares low on stamina according to his player statistics? But he was able to continue until 187-187?
    The reason for this is most likely that Irie didn't move all that much. Atobe injured himself during the match, so Irie took advantage of that and made him run around a lot (take a look at the last point for an example).

    Translation should be up rather soon as well btw.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    The reason for this is most likely that Irie didn't move all that much. Atobe injured himself during the match, so Irie took advantage of that and made him run around a lot (take a look at the last point for an example).
    On the other hand, didn't Irie pretend to run around the court during the first part of the game? Shouldn't that take stamina already? LOL.

    Anyway, it seems that Irie was also having a hard time with Atobe during the point breaker. He must have miscalculated that. I'm really looking forward to the translations. Hope they'll be released soon.

  6. #6
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    On the other hand, didn't Irie pretend to run around the court during the first part of the game? Shouldn't that take stamina already? LOL.
    I guess he played in a way that minimized stamina losses.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    Anyway, it seems that Irie was also having a hard time with Atobe during the point breaker. He must have miscalculated that. I'm really looking forward to the translations. Hope they'll be released soon.
    Actually, I think Irie could have just ended it at pretty much any point but dragged it out to put more pressure on Atobe's foot. When you look at the last shown point, Irie just hits drops shots and lobs and could probably score by simply hitting the ball into a corner.

  7. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Actually, I think Irie could have just ended it at pretty much any point but dragged it out to put more pressure on Atobe's foot. When you look at the last shown point, Irie just hits drops shots and lobs and could probably score by simply hitting the ball into a corner.
    Irie really is a despicable creature. The mangaka succeeded in creating a hateful and loathsome character.

    Anyway, by the looks of it, Atobe won, right? I'm really looking forward to Yukimura's and Fuji's battles in the future.

  8. #8
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Actually it was only 187-187 in a tie breaker which is much more reasonable, but still quite a bit considering it is a tie breaker. I'd say that's about the length of a close five set match give or take.

    Also I don't Irie isn't as despicable as you say he is, the injury didn't look all that serious for one and of course you'd should take advantage of any opportunity in a close tennis match. It seems like he was acting when it came to the shoulder getting tired (why he didn't lift his arm for the last overhead) because he caught that towel from that one guy pretty quickly using the same motion. He could've probably won, but still choose to let him win. No despicable creature decides to reward an opponent based on his effort, which is pretty much all Atobe had in the match, and come to think of it any match he has played. The guy just never gives up.

    Ignorance is bliss.

  9. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Peru
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Actually it was only 187-187 in a tie breaker which is much more reasonable, but still quite a bit considering it is a tie breaker. I'd say that's about the length of a close five set match give or take.

    Also I don't Irie isn't as despicable as you say he is, the injury didn't look all that serious for one and of course you'd should take advantage of any opportunity in a close tennis match. It seems like he was acting when it came to the shoulder getting tired (why he didn't lift his arm for the last overhead) because he caught that towel from that one guy pretty quickly using the same motion. He could've probably won, but still choose to let him win. No despicable creature decides to reward an opponent based on his effort, which is pretty much all Atobe had in the match, and come to think of it any match he has played. The guy just never gives up.
    yeah, but maybe irie had advantage over atobe because of his injury, that might be why he kept playing with atobe the 187 points, i think irie is slightly better than atobe, he might be at court 1 level .... but its hard to tell without the translations,

    what it is not hard to tell is that the loser team kicked some massive asses in court 2

  10. #10
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    Irie really is a despicable creature. The mangaka succeeded in creating a hateful and loathsome character.

    Anyway, by the looks of it, Atobe won, right? I'm really looking forward to Yukimura's and Fuji's battles in the future.
    Astray answered already, let me just add something...

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Also I don't Irie isn't as despicable as you say he is, the injury didn't look all that serious for one and of course you'd should take advantage of any opportunity in a close tennis match.
    As a reminder, Atobe himself used that strategy in order to defeat Tezuka, he even remembers it in the match and notices how he is on the receiving end this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It seems like he was acting when it came to the shoulder getting tired (why he didn't lift his arm for the last overhead) because he caught that towel from that one guy pretty quickly using the same motion.
    This is correct, Irie was indeed acting. That other guy was Shuuji btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolfoortegasalas View Post
    yeah, but maybe irie had advantage over atobe because of his injury, that might be why he kept playing with atobe the 187 points, i think irie is slightly better than atobe, he might be at court 1 level .... but its hard to tell without the translations,

    what it is not hard to tell is that the loser team kicked some massive asses in court 2
    Atobe himself said that Irie's strength was much higher than 3rd court, so he's most likely court 1 material. That also means Atobe is at least court 2 powerwise by now, maybe even court 1.

    Regarding the losers, it seems that they just arrived at the camp and will challenge 2nd court next time (if they can find them).

  11. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Country
    United States
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    One thing that has been bugging me is that the pinnacle of perfection seems to put players at the level of professional. I'm basing this on the fact that Nanjirou became a pro as a result of it and Tezuka is now going to start working towards that since he achieved it as well. If PoP really is that ridiculous then Echizen should not have lost to anyone yet, even the Court 1 guys are not professional level otherwise they would've left the camp by now. Either Nanjirou was something special even by PoP achievers or Echizen has been extremely powered down/didn't use PoP against the top court guy.

    Ignorance is bliss.

  12. #12
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Translations are up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    One thing that has been bugging me is that the pinnacle of perfection seems to put players at the level of professional. I'm basing this on the fact that Nanjirou became a pro as a result of it and Tezuka is now going to start working towards that since he achieved it as well. If PoP really is that ridiculous then Echizen should not have lost to anyone yet, even the Court 1 guys are not professional level otherwise they would've left the camp by now. Either Nanjirou was something special even by PoP achievers or Echizen has been extremely powered down/didn't use PoP against the top court guy.
    We have two theories regarding that:
    1. Echizen can't use TnK willingly.
    2. Kazuya managed to seal it somehow.

    I'll expand a bit more later, no time now.


    EDIT:
    Ok, here goes:
    Theory 1 is plausible, because Echizen didn't use it willingly in the match against Yukimura, so we can assume he didn't master it yet. What supports this is that the aura was much more visible when Tezuka used it.
    I feel like I'm forgetting something atm...

    As for the second theory, well, there's not much to support it aside from the assumption that Echizen can control TnK but Kazuya still beat him easily. This could either be through some kind of stronger Yips (Kirihara commented on Kazuya's presence being the same as Yukimura's after all) or even Kazuya being able to use TnK himself.
    Last edited by Kaoz; February 08, 2011 at 04:38 AM.

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dortmund
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Releasing PoT now 4 Chapters per month in a monthly magazine or what ?

  14. #14
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    Releasing PoT now 4 Chapters per month in a monthly magazine or what ?
    It'd be nice if that was the case, but Konomi might just wanna make up for the months we got only one chapter. We'll see next month I guess.

  15. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis 44, 45, 46 and 47 Discussion/Predictions

    I'll be happy with 3 chapters. Or even 2 chapters. If the chapter aren't 11 pages chapter, that is.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts