Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Raki and Claire relationship

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki and Claire relationship

In your opinion what kind of relationship does Raki and Claire have? and what are your hopes?
    is their relationship similiar to those of lovers, mother and son, brother and sister, or a very good friends?

In my opinion, their relationship is much deeper than "just friends". They keep searching for each other for seven years, there's something deeper than that! They have a very strong bond indeed.
    In the beginning, i guess Raki saw Claire as a sister figure, probably the bonds develop into something romantic as times goes by. Or at least they saw each other as a precious family member.

For now, they are more like family. I am hoping for some romantic developments in later chapters, if possible xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raki and Claire relationship

There was a little romantic touch when they depart if you remember correctly...
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/34/22/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/34/23/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/34/24/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/34/25/

I believe they have a really strong relationship...
    And I can't wait for their reunion...

The thing is... during those seven years, Raki also build up a relationship with Priscillia.
    It will be interesting to see his reaction to a fight between the two...
    What side will he take?!

I can't wait!!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think their relationship is sweet.

I also can't wait to see what will happen when they meet. I love the way that the author went with the story:

The one she loves is companions with the one she is trying to kill. And all three of them are oblivious of the entire situation. Hahaha.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well if raki can play his cards right he could get both them?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they're reunion is long overdue...I bet the next arc will involve Claire and claymore rangers busting Raki out of the Org's experimentation labs.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

initially young Raki:

1. saw Clare as an older sister
    2. from a literary perspective, young Raki WAS Clare's humanity and her emotions/feelings.

If you wanted to know what Clare was feeling or her emotional state just look to young Raki.

Raki is also the connection/bond between Clare and her humanity.

Clare was removed and stoic when we first see her, but after she met Raki (and allowed him to travel with her), she become much more human and much more emotional.

Also, we well know that Raki saved her from Awakening in the cathedral.

I love the contrast of how Clare says she doesn't care (though, she did, but she was trying to deceive the yoma) if the yoma kills Raki, while it was holding him as a hostage, but then later on, when Helen teased Clare about Raki being her "boy toy", Clare got uber peeved. Talk about a change in displayed behavior. *grins*

Clare (gently) punching Raki in the face when he was worried about her mission, was so "ADORABLE!". (but, Clare really needs some lessons in being a human, punching is not how you express your thanks/happiness/love, lol. Though, it was a gentle punch, hehe)

a bit later on young Raki:

1. Clearly Clare was/is in LOVE with Raki when she kissed him.
    2. Raki was too, but he didn't quite know it, still being young.
    3. Raki had changed/grown up a bit since they first met and now saw/recognized Clare as a WOMAN, and not merely as a "big sister". We see this when he recognizes Clare's breasts as erogenous zones, and gulps knowing he "shouldn't" be touching them, when Clare tells him to hold her tighter so he won't fall off when she tries to escape with him away from Ophelia. He then presses his face into them, and Clare starts to run away with him from Ophelia. Clare knew full well what her "command" of holding her tighter meant. Yes, he had to hold onto her tight she he wouldn't fall off, but she was very aware it also meant his face against her breasts and she "couldn't wait" or was "excited". Clare's look down at him as he presses his face into her breasts is priceless.
    4. Raki and Clare desparately want to find each other and are looking for each other. But he gets captured by the slave traders and taken to the northern land, and Clare gets detoured with having to save Jean from Riful+Dauf.

young Raki with Priscilla:

1. Raki seems to care about Priscilla, but has no romantic/passionate feelings for her.
    2. However, Raki IS a male, and hot girls are hard to resist, no matter how "faithful" you seem to be or want to be to a single woman. So he might have lusted Priscilla.
    3. Even if Raki resisted his "hot blooded youth", Priscilla was sure interested in Raki. However, we don't know if Priscilla just wanted to snuggle against him, or actually "SLEEP" with him. But, if Priscilla did want to "SLEEP" with him, Raki couldn't exactly do much, as Priscilla is the dominant one. Also, Raki could be asleep, while Priscilla "Sleeps" with him, and he wouldn't even know it.

Adult Raki:

1. Knows now what Priscilla is. And is willing to stay with her in hopes of keeping her from becoming what she really is, even if she ends up eating him. He probably realizes that despite her seeming like a little girl, she probably doesn't need his help/protection, but he still stays with her anyways to pretend he's helping/protecting this little girl called Priscilla.
    2. HOWEVER, Raki **IS** still fully "interested" in Clare, and only Clare, and has NOT forgotten about her, not once. He continues to search with her, now that he is "freed" from Isley, with Priscilla staying by his side.
    3. They (Raki and Clare) are lovers or "husband and wife" now, but they are still separated and desparately searching for each other. They definately love each other (and not as "brother"-"sister").
    4. though now Raki seemingly is on his way to the Organization HQs, and Clare is being approached by Priscilla.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 14, 2010 at 09:42 AM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the ending will probably be sad one either way... Claire right now has no idea raki's been taken and as far as we know raki doesnt have special powers to resist the merging with that spike thing and if anything the organization will try to create a monster out of raki. Unless an "uneasy alliance" is formed next chapter between priscilla and claire in rescuing raki i think they might end up fighting eachother to the death. Plus Priscilla doesnt seem to worry about raki at all and i think she probably like it that way so she can go around in a killing spree.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

When they first met Raki was a lot shorter and he saw her as a big sister, whilst Clare saw him as a bit of a little brother figure, but still only cared for him between trying to dump him on each town out of projection and a sense of oblige. But by the time Raki got all flustered by Clare in Rabona because she offered to smile like a prostitute for him (and she knew what she was doing!), he was entering adolescence and not yet used to seeing Clare as a young female and not as a sister.

The fact that when Clare smiles in the same story arc, Raki notices that its the first time she's smiled after all the time shes been travelling together with him, more subtly shows that shes becoming attracted to Raki-chan. This is the last story arc where Clare tries to leave Raki behind, because shes never been falling in love with him before. Then of course this is confirmed by the two of them sharing the hottest kiss in manga just before they feel forced to separate ways lol. I don't really see how anyone can't detect sexual attraction in that scene lol.
    Last edited by faintsmile1992; October 31, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply