Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who'll win?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aokiji

9 23.68%
  • Akainu

29 76.32%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kuzan vs Sakazuki: Justice will prevail

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kuzan vs Sakazuki: Justice will prevail

Both were severely injured in the 10 day duel, so it is hard to say what gave Akainu the last minute edge. For all we know, Akainu could have just gotten one more lucky hit in before Aokiji had the chance to and that is what led him to his victory.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

We dont know the details of the match, maybe akainu didnt win fair and square.... in any case, this battle is going to happen again, towards the end of teh series, and I am sure Aokiji will win then
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    We dont know the details of the match, maybe akainu didnt win fair and square.... in any case, this battle is going to happen again, towards the end of teh series, and I am sure Aokiji will win then
    I'd rather see Aokiji vs Akainu than Akainu vs Luffy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same kkck! We already know Aokiji's ice isn't normal, remember it takes a some days to melt in long ring island? It would be something like Natsu and Gray from Fairy tail, this isn't Pokemon....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I was thinking the same kkck! We already know Aokiji's ice isn't normal, remember it takes a some days to melt in long ring island? It would be something like Natsu and Gray from Fairy tail, this isn't Pokemon....
    Remember that Iceberg thrown by Jozu at the marines ?
    I remember it was melted in a second...

Unlike Ace vs Akainu, in this case, Haki will play a huge role.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand the logic! XP

But if Akainu had that much advantage and still took 10 days to finish Aokiji, and barely lost, then we could say he is much weaker than Aokiji! And that is not the case, Akainu really seems the strongest of the admirals, or at least as stronger as Aokiji. It is best if we don't take much notice of the potential advantage, OR at least think it was just enough to prevent a tie, don't you think so?

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErosVp View Post
    I understand the logic! XP

But if Akainu had that much advantage and still took 10 days to finish Aokiji, and barely lost, then we could say he is much weaker than Aokiji! And that is not the case, Akainu really seems the strongest of the admirals, or at least as stronger as Aokiji. It is best if we don't take much notice of the potential advantage, OR at least think it was just enough to prevent a tie, don't you think so?
    That's why I said Haki may play a huge role here.
    It was clearly shown that Magma melts Ice, there's no doubt about it, but maybe Aokiji can hurt Akainu with some ice attacks imbued with Haki who knows.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Akainu never burned 'fire', his magma smothered Ace's flames thus taking away his intagiablity and then he burned Ace. In Akainu vs Aokiji magam can melt ice but magma can also be solidified by ice so it seems like a pretty even battle to me which would make sense since Akainu just barely won.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    ^Akainu never burned 'fire', his magma smothered Ace's flames thus taking away his intagiablity and then he burned Ace. In Akainu vs Aokiji magam can melt ice but magma can also be solidified by ice so it seems like a pretty even battle to me which would make sense since Akainu just barely won.

Here's the translation made by cnet :

Quote Quote:
    Ace: Aaaaghhhh!!!
    Pirates: .........Ace was... burned...?!!
    Akainu: Are you allowing your Logia nature to make you a little too overconfident? / You are mere "fire"... whilst I am "magma", with the power to consume even fire itself!! // My ability is a natural enemy of your own, boy!!!
    I think it is pretty clear.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

A battle isn't only about DF and Haki. There are certainly other factors such as physical strength, agility etc determining the winner. Even though Akainu had the devil fruit advantage, the fight lasted 10 days. Seems to me that in case both fought without using their df power, AoKiji might have won.

Ace vs Akainu, I just accepted the fact that in the OP universe magma is superior to fire. I believe in OP magma and fire have the same relationship as water and ice, thats at least how Im trying to convince myself to understand Odas explanation.

Anyway, as predicted Akainu won. But out of the three pre-Admirals I would put Kizaru on top. His logia ability is rly something.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Omnion_1990 View Post
    If that post is in response to me [..]
    It wasn't. I read all the posts and commented generally without meaning to argue. I just wanted to throw my opinion into the basket, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnion_1990 View Post
    and i honestly think the "ten day" thing was just put by oda to tell us that aokiji didnt get trodden on, as to not devalue his power.
    I disagree. Like I said earlier in a fight it is not only fruit powers which matter. It takes more than just having a logia to be Admiral. I know u did say they are even without their fruit powers high tier (with what I agree), but now u dismissed ur own statement on AoKiji. Give that man some credits. He is more than just ice. A hightier can't go on "fodder trashing mode" if he is fighting a fellow high tier. Each high tier are close in power. So a long lasting fight sounds about right, even having the elemental advantage.

PS: About ur nr3, it is not only logia which can defeat logia. So lets better say a logia who is hit by a superior element/natural enemy: Enel vs Luffy.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So manga showed Akainu being superiour to Ao Kiji, but as I see it they are equal or even Ao Kiji might be stronger, but Akainu mostly prevailed because of his Df's elemental advantage. Because even with his elemental advantage the fight lasted ten days.
    My personal impresion is that Kuzan is faster and has better Haki control, though is physically weaker that Akainu.

P.S. I would say that the strongest among those three ex-Admirals was Kizaru. At least this is my personal opinion. His DF was really insane as was his speed. The only thing why he didn't became Fleet Admiral was, because he just doesn't care.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing the marines and Akainu, its possible that there was a cheat... Akainu might have tried enough but in the name of justice, maybe he got external help, in the form of Kizaru....

Even if the battle was fair and square, Aokiji wouldnt have attacked Akainu with the intention to kill... going soft could be the reason Akainu won..
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing ?
    Knowing what ?

Akainu wasn't presented as a cheater or anything like that, there's not a single thing that may indicate that Akainu cheated, and what's the point anyway ?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Wisshard's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    That's why I said Haki may play a huge role here.
    It was clearly shown that Magma melts Ice, there's no doubt about it, but maybe Aokiji can hurt Akainu with some ice attacks imbued with Haki who knows.
    Sakazuki can use CoA as well, y'know. Thus, if he had this fanmade Devil Fruit advantage over Kuzan, it would strongly suggest that Kuzan is overall quite a lot superior, considering that it took Sakazuki 10 days and grave wounds to defeat him.

Anyway, Kuzan's power isn't specifically ice, fortunately enough. As you may have noticed, Kuzan's predominant ability is actually the ability to freeze things/suck away heat/chill (e.g. freezing dozens of cubic kilometers of water upon his introduction, freezing two 1km+ tall tidal waves in an instant at Marinford, freezing Jozu through and through etc.), which would make him very suitable to battle Sakazuki's magma power - just as Sakazuki's magma makes him very suitable to battle Kuzan's toolset. That is to say, their respective powers make equally fine counters to each other.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast